wagner93

Oct 19, 2020
this game is good but i have huge problem with gloria's resistance. Work gave me so little progress to overcame this, i nearly gave up.

Reactions: Zythnel

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
Out for $5-patrons now.
More info in the public post

Ubik

Old man in a young body
Donor
Sep 8, 2016
image_2021-03-31_030307.png I can't save at all during sandbox mode. Is this supposed to happen?

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
I can't save at all during sandbox mode. Is this supposed to happen?
No, it's not. Plenty of people played and finished both the 0.7 and 0.8 versions already.

I kinda remember having this error a few times during one of the Renpy's releases back in January. Right-click at any time and there it is. I also remember that if you click "ignore" you can continue and save the game (but the thumbnail will be this error's screenshot). But it was only when I tried playing the game via Renpy itself (developers kit), and wasn't the problem for regular players.
Not sure how to "flush" something, probably something to do with Renpy on your PC. Maybe deleting all the previous files from the "App data" folder and such. I need someone competent at this. Or are you playing this via Renpy dev kit?

I don't remember if 0.7b was built on that half-buggy version of Renpy or not...

edited the post a little bit

Last edited:

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
I'm happy saving this way. Could it be because I have ren'py (probably an older version) itself installed? I could try updating it to a latest one.
If you're playing the game normally, by downloading-unpacking-running .exe file, you shouldn't have this problem at all. Every packaged game comes with the Renpy version it was built with.
If you're unpacking game resources and trying to play the game via Renpy dev launcher then yeah, you should update it as soon as possible. Since January is had many major and important updates.

Ubik

Old man in a young body
Donor
Sep 8, 2016
If you're playing the game normally, by downloading-unpacking-running .exe file, you shouldn't have this problem at all. Every packaged game comes with the Renpy version it was built with.
If you're unpacking game resources and trying to play the game via Renpy dev launcher then yeah, you should update it as soon as possible. Since January is had many major and important updates.
Nope, playing the normal way. haven't encountered this in any other games, and I play a lot of ren'py games, a lot.

Ubik

Old man in a young body
Donor
Sep 8, 2016
Anyway, i just subbed to patreon. Let me try it with 0.8 and see whether I encounter this with that or not.

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
Nope, playing the normal way. haven't encountered this in any other games, and I play a lot of ren'py games, a lot.
Don't know then, buddy.
You can try 0.7a (the first post has links). It used an older version of Renpy. The worst downside is that the first part of the game is a lot grindier than it should be due to an error (extra hate gain every day that shouldn't be there), and it uses an outdated Renpy renderer that could cause lags and/or crashes on some laptops and some PC configurations due to a lot of animations playing over each other.

Anyway, i just subbed to patreon. Let me try it with 0.8 and see whether I encounter this with that or not.
That's very generous to pay someone after encountering nasty bugs :)

Ubik

Old man in a young body
Donor
Sep 8, 2016
Don't know then, buddy.
You can try 0.7a (the first post has links). It used an older version of Renpy. The worst downside is that the first part of the game is a lot grindier than it should be due to an error (extra hate gain every day that shouldn't be there), and it uses an outdated Renpy renderer that could cause lags and/or crashes on some laptops and some PC configurations due to a lot of animations playing over each other.

That's very generous to pay someone after encountering nasty bugs :)
Deleted old 0.7.5 save from appdata, downloaded 0.8, now it's working fine.

Reactions: AdventAnyx

Ubik

Old man in a young body
Donor
Sep 8, 2016
I had the exact same error when I used unren to enable developer tools like console. If I disabled it, the error was gone.
I kinda suspected the same, even mentioned it in my last comment. Then edited out that part :p . Glad that I wasn't wrong.

4.40 star(s) 163 Votes