ThunderStruck

Dec 1, 2017
Getting errors. I think the saves are no longer compatible with this update which uses v8.10. Anyone having same error while being on Erynn path?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/episode_11.rpy", line 2, in script
    if Erynn_Week3_Monday_Help == False:
  File "game/episode_11.rpy", line 2, in <module>
    if Erynn_Week3_Monday_Help == False:
NameError: name 'Erynn_Week3_Monday_Help' is not defined
I've applied bugfix (compressed version) but I'm still getting errors all over the place, on all pats, especially during Emily (mom) scenes. I will probably delete all saves and persistent file and than start over to see if errors still remain.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
just finished the chapter. I feel like the entanglement on this VN is too complicated, some times even needlessly. It feels like a soap opera, which i guess is what's it's trying to go for.

I didn't have an Alexis path at all until i had to redo from the beginning in this update, and i think, "might as well". And then i saw many intertwining that i don't see in other routes, like Alexis-Iris or Male Bartender-John that all hinges on the MC having a relationship with Alexis.

After I finished playing I feel like, to get maximum amount of scenes in 1 go through the entanglements, the MC has to prioritize having a relationship with Alexis over everything before then getting caught doubledipping in Ch 9 by Alexis and Layla

And then all of a sudden, Erynn is now okay with the MC again, lol. That's a bit of an unexpected from my view. To veer off so far from Erynn's path, just to go back to Erynn's path again because Layla and Alexis both dumped the MC

The way I played that accidental path makes me feel like the center of all the entanglements are Alexis. Like Alexis is the core entanglement, not Erynn, not Layla.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

mnotwoke

Apr 11, 2022
Everything Layla was perfect this episode, the break up... oh boy, i'm a person who criticized the scene where you pick Alexis over Layla, i thought Layla was too non-chalant about it, the guy she's been so invested with is dumping her... for her freaking sister!!!! She was too cool about it and has been too much of a good sport since...
This time it's truly a tough scene to watch, and the girl is so freaking hurt by this, this scene delivers the emotional punch necessary, kudos!!! Nothing else to add.

And the romance scene, yeah this girl is 100% invested and convinced this guy is the one for her.
And you can feel how tense she is to take this step, very sweet and also emotional, again perfect delivery.

Erynn can be a bit frustrating given how slow it is, how much hesitancy is there, but despite being older than Layla she's close to the same level of inexperience and she has closed off in a huge way following her trauma, she also puts so much expectations into this guy, that he's the one for her.
If anything, imo, the real breakthrough is when she starts relaxing after we "diddle" her... rather than the fact that we made her cum.
She's getting closer to learning that she doesn't need to be afraid.

Val... her "girl with attitude" was absent in that scene, very passive.
And in the scene with her trainer she was in full, "girl who hangs out with guys" mode, the guy grabs her ass, they joke about it, she gives him a lighthearted kick...

I'm fairly sure it will be possible to blow it with every girl, maybe Tori will still throw you a bone lol.
Yeah in a group where most people seem to have money(the Monroes obviously have a lot, the MCs mom is doing better than alright, Zach got a sports car despite not working), Darryl is a guy who has to work to get anything, he obviously has his rough edges, no excuses here, but i can see why he's hostile, he probably worked hard to be the number 1 prospect and becoming the big guy at school...
And here comes this new guy, challenging him for number 1 spot and grabbing girls attention... i understand why he's not "welcoming", he feels he must defend "his territory".
I feel like if we had "Intertwined next generation" he'd probably turn out like a cool dude... i know a few of those that were assholes back in school but turned out ok later, maybe he'll cool off before the endgame.
Good point on reminding me that its strange that Layla is fine with Alexis being with the MC. The only time Layla cries about it to Elena at the training camp is when she and Alexis break up with you but Layla is still friends with you.

That's an excellent analysis of Darryl's social background, and also very psychologically plausible. (In BADIK, it's the other way around, the MC comes from a poorer background that most of the other characters.) Intertwined, if Nyx wanted, could give some nice social commentary.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
And then all of a sudden, Erynn is now okay with the MC again, lol. That's a bit of an unexpected from my view. To veer off so far from Erynn's path, just to go back to Erynn's path again because Layla and Alexis both dumped the MC

The way I played that accidental path makes me feel like the center of all the entanglements are Alexis. Like Alexis is the core entanglement, not Erynn, not Layla.
do you mean like she caught you cheating and broke things off? Cause I feel like Erynn was always okay with the MC unless you didnt help her with Ethan in alley and even in the scenario that she breaks up with yeah feels strange she friends agaiin so quickly but she always took me that she always wants to be friends with the MC

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
All this talk about Valeria being a bitch is funny timing for me. It has been so long since I last played the game so I kind of forgot what I did. I enjoyed my playthrough for Erryn, Alexis, and Layla's paths that didn't really have any Valeria's involvement other than at the beach with Daryl. Then I had one file that was labeled "Messed Up" where I was playing a horndog asshole MC, and that's the one where Valeria was still with MC :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

camube

Jun 4, 2022
do you mean like she caught you cheating and broke things off? Cause I feel like Erynn was always okay with the MC unless you didnt help her with Ethan in alley and even in the scenario that she breaks up with yeah feels strange she friends agaiin so quickly but she always took me that she always wants to be friends with the MC
i mean in the path where the two-timing is between layla and alexis, once that was done in chapter 9 (or 10?), Erynn has no problem with MC anymore. MC can be in Erynn's path again (i mean just the dialogues, idk about the coding). I think it's kinda funny to me because i thought Erynn would be upset about MC being with Alexis

if the two-timing is between Erynn and Alexis, well Erynn is mad and that's that.

mnotwoke

Apr 11, 2022
How do you get "Alexis Secret Path" Where Eryyn trys to hook you up with Alexis?
Reject Alexis at every choice, avoid her completely, do not hook up with her at all, but go after Layla (and Elena if you like). Say yes to going to Layla's hot tub party after training camp, then Alexis and Erryn will make a surprise appearance at the party.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
i mean in the path where the two-timing is between layla and alexis, once that was done in chapter 9 (or 10?), Erynn has no problem with MC anymore. MC can be in Erynn's path again (i mean just the dialogues, idk about the coding). I think it's kinda funny to me because i thought Erynn would be upset about MC being with Alexis

if the two-timing is between Erynn and Alexis, well Erynn is mad and that's that.
But can you two time Both sisters and Alexis and Erynn same playthrough? I think Alexis/Erynn confrontation happens first, can you still pick Alexis then and later break up with her for Layla, or even better let them catch you so they both break up with you?

mnotwoke

Apr 11, 2022

This has been discussed before. Most likely it's bad or lazy or inconsistent writing on Nyx's part. Erynn forgives the MC too easily or Layla forgives the MC and Alexis too easily (for being with MC if you're trying to be with both and reveal it to Layla at training camp.)

Last edited:

mnotwoke

Apr 11, 2022
But can you two time Both sisters and Alexis and Erynn same playthrough? I think Alexis/Erynn confrontation happens first, can you still pick Alexis then and later break up with her for Layla, or even better let them catch you so they both break up with you?
Yes. It's possible to two time both sisters on the same path. You can pick Alexis then break up with her at training camp to be with Layla or friendzone Layla and keep Alexis during training camp. If you make the wrong choice when you reveal to Layla that you've been with her and Lexi, Lexi will tear you a new one when they both break up with you.

How many times you've also chosen to be physically intimate with Layla will affect that training camp choice. If you've been with her a lot, and she's mostly or completely all in for you, you have four scenarios: Break up with Alexis and stay with Layla, Stay with Alexis and break up with Layla, Layla informs Alexis during camp and both of them break up with you but you and Layla stay friends, you maintain the deception until they both break up with you in a devastating scene that ripples into Elena hating you as well, and also negates the Val path. (That's the no friends path you mentioned.)

Last edited:

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Valeria is a superbitch. I don't like her anymore. I've played that update several times now and the more I do the more I hate her. There was this red flag before where she goes after MC although she knows about MC being in a dating relationship with Layla or being Alexis' boyfriend. But now we see her with Darryl and the gym dude. At first I thought she's kind of a victim of Darryl's behavior but the more I play the scenes with her again I can see she's okay with that else she would stop that.

Valeria is like a mirror of MC. MC's circle of friends are all females and he's a little Casanova who tries to get all the pants. Valeria's the same but female. Her friends are males and she acts accordingly. Cute but crazy. She's poison. MC should run every time he sees her.
Can't disagree with that, behind the cool girl facade she's showing to be quite a maneater, i didn't see it at first, just saw a girl that was "too cool" to be true.
She's been shown to be quite capable of defending herself and by now she must know what Darryl is all about... and she still goes.
Add that to her "not my concern" attitude with dudes in relationships.
I hope there isn't any reputation washing this time, keep Valeria being a little suspicious.

Val is into BBC, its time Val fans make peace with it :Kappa:
LOL.

I feel like characters react to stuff in their "nucleus", Erynn reacts to Alexis presence and to a certain degree Iris, when it comes to characters that belong to the high school nucleus, she doesn't know a fucking thing of what goes on there.

Layla and Elena the same thing, they don't have a clue of what you are up too with Erynn.

Alexis "profits" from being connected to both nucleus, she's sister to Layla, BFF to Erynn and room-mate to Iris... so she's always one step away.
Since to stay with Alexis you need to ditch Layla-Elena completely and destroy a significant part of that group scenes, now she's more stuck with Erynn and Iris, before breaking up with Layla she was everywhere.
Now her connection to what's going on with Valeria and Gabi is rather weak.

You have to chose between the sisters, the point where you can "play them" and get away with it is gone, no alternatives...

Erynn only interacts with Alexis, if you chose Layla you get the default solo Erynn experience so far....
If you are still with Alexis past the training camp, Erynn's attitude changes, she avoids anything physical with the MC, though the desire is quite possibly still there...

In this update if you are in a relationship with Alexis but still chasing Erynn there's serious tension and questions wether being Alexis boyfriend is what the MC really wants.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Can't disagree with that, behind the cool girl facade she's showing to be quite a maneater, i didn't see it at first, just saw a girl that was "too cool" to be true.
Yep. We all saw it before but with that update we can see it more clearly. I for myself changed my "feelings" toward that character. Until 0.11 I saw her as a character I like, but til 0.11 I don't like that character which is clearly hypocrite from my side because as MC I'm the same as her. Thinking about that it's a intelligent move from Nyx to put such a character into the game. But one point has to be said: Val kicking Ethan in the nuts is one of the best moments in the whole game. I can't stand that Ethan wanker.

4.40 star(s) 271 Votes