Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
Most people don't see it as being forced. It has been explained here numerous times, often we are introduced to the one we fall in love with by a friend or by dating someone and meeting their friend. It is a bonus that we get to be with Layla and then her beautiful friend. A huge bummer that we have to break Layla's heart to get there.
Yeah, but in order to get closer to Elena we have to do things like go all nice and kissy on Layla on the beach for example, while IRL I wouldn't do that since I'm not interested in Layla. I'd simply try to get closer to Elena while keeping friendly relationship with Layla; also the game makes us visit a lot of characters, but there's 1 iirc scene with Elena, while IRL we'd most likely just try to find and talk with her 1 on 1 to see if there's a possibility of smth more serious. I know it's just a game, but from my perspective that route is not progressing naturally or realistically. Also the fact that I must say "4" or "Layla's legs" at the beginning to get that additional 1 pt without which I'm apparently unable te get the train scene with Elena is also imo slightly ridiculous.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Yeah, but in order to get closer to Elena we have to do things like go all nice and kissy on Layla on the beach for example, while IRL I wouldn't do that since I'm not interested in Layla. I'd simply try to get closer to Elena while keeping friendly relationship with Layla; also the game makes us visit a lot of character, while IRL we'd most likely just try to find and talk with Elena 1 on 1 to see if there's a possibility of smth more serious. I know it's just a game, but from my perspective that route is not progressing naturally or realistically. Also the fact that I must say that "4" or "Layla's legs" at the beginning to get that additional 1 pt without which I'm apparently unable te get the train scene with Elena is also imo slightly ridiculous.
Dude, I am trying to follow and understand. But your last point is that it upsets you that you get three choices, and two of the answers that get you points bother you. Don't want to say, "Layla's legs?" Then say, "4."

I have, on more than one occasion, dated someone who was friends with the girl I really wanted to date. That is how I got with my wife. Seems pretty realistic. But I get why that rubs people the wrong way. Layla is fricken perfect. Breaking her heart really sucks. It's just a step in a game to get where you want. Not interested in Layla? Perfect! She is just the midlevel boss to get to Elena.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
In my Cheat Mod you can rename the MC, but it's a bit hidden: while playing the game press the Mod menu button at the bottom (or press "Shift" +"k") -> Additional game settings -> Change MC name
Cheat Mod

After the renaming and making a new save you can delete my Mod again if not needed
thx but late, used urm and it "bit" fucked up game by giving mc's new name to not mc things.

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
Dude, I am trying to follow and understand. But your last point is that it upsets you that you get three choices, and two of the answers that get you points bother you. Don't want to say, "Layla's legs?" Then say, "4."

I have, on more than one occasion, dated someone who was friends with the girl I really wanted to date. That is how I got with my wife. Seems pretty realistic. But I get why that rubs people the wrong way. Layla is fricken perfect. Breaking her heart really sucks. It's just a step in a game to get where you want. Not interested in Layla? Perfect! She is just the midlevel boss to get to Elena.
drama.jpg
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But happens.

Reactions: mnotwoke and MrD812

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018

Lol. What I meant is that not saying either "4" or "Layla's legs" means you won't get 1 Layla relationship point and without that point you can't get Elena's scene in the train, which I think is a bit too much. The amount of pts required to get Elena's scenes is imo too high (but that's maybe changed since I've played last).

I get that Elena might like MC only cause she sees him with Layla, but I still don't see why I must kiss Layla and say things suggesting I'm romantically interested in her, while I'm only interested in Elena (why not hang out with Layla as buddies and keep trying to get closer to Elena without what's basically lying to Layla, esp. from the perspective of the player that's not interested in Layla's romantic route at all). Preferably I'd simply like to ask Elena if she's interested. If she's not then it's ok, I can completely accept that, but I don't have that choice, instead I have to (pretend to) be interested in dating Layla just to get closer to Elena. Personally I would never date a girl I'm not interested in in order to get closer to some other girl, seems to be too - let's say - underhanded tactic for me.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Lol. What I meant is that not saying either "4" or "Layla's legs" means you won't get 1 Layla relationship point and without that point you can't get Elena's scene in the train, which I think is a bit too much. The amount of pts required to get Elena's scenes is imo too high (but that's maybe changed since I've played last).

I get that Elena might like MC only cause she sees him with Layla, but I still don't see why I must kiss Layla and say things suggesting I'm romantically interested in her, while I'm only interested in Elena (why not hang out with Layla as buddies and keep trying to get closer to Elena without what's basically lying to Layla, esp. from the perspective of the player that's not interested in Layla's romantic route at all). Preferably I'd simply like to ask Elena if she's interested. If she's not then it's ok, I can completely accept that, but I don't have that choice, instead I have to (pretend to) be interested in dating Layla just to get closer to Elena. Personally I would never date a girl I'm not interested in in order to get closer to some other girl, seems to be too - let's say - underhanded tactic for me.
Yeah, it would be nice to be able to grow the friendship with Layla with the intention of going after Elena.

Reactions: Mister_M

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

The point is Elena isn't interested in the MC until she gets to know him through Layla. It sucks because that brings love triangle drama but that's how it is.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
The point is Elena isn't interested in the MC until she gets to know him through Layla. It sucks because that brings love triangle drama but that's how it is.
Exactly. In fact, I have a theory that Elena might be more interested in girls, considering how hostile she tends to be towards advances from guys, and it is through seeing your relationship with Layla that she starts falling for you... but like I've said, I'm pretty sure she also has a thing for Layla, so the throuple idea sounds like the best outcome for those three.

If you break up with Layla, I'm positive it's gonna go very badly with both of them, at least at first... Elena might relent later on, of course, but it's gonna take a while. I wish the break-up with Layla was better written, it's a bit too sudden and clunky... I understand it's like that so it creates mucho drama, but it could've been written a bit better... I don't think anyone would just blurt it out like that out of nowhere.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
If I remember correctly Nyx said that is part of the reason for the reworking, as well as improving early renders she feels are outdated she's changing the code including bringing points requirements to trigger scenes down to better levels as she admitted they were too high.

Reactions: LSC82 and Mister_M

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
I get that, but knowing him through Layla doesn't equal for me MC having to basically date Layla just to get closer to Elena. Although I can understand that seeing him kissing and saying sweet things to Layla may awaken smth in her, I'd prefer to have an option where I just straight up ask Elena out after a while or smth similar and if MC will be rejected then so be it, no Layla and no Elena for him.

If I remember correctly Nyx said that is part of the reason for the reworking, as well as improving early renders she feels are outdated she's changing the code including bringing points requirements to trigger scenes down to better levels as she admitted they were too high.
That's good to know. Thanks! I'll wait for the rework then.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Yeah they're before 10.5. They're working but sometimes i got this exceptions, scene gets cutoff and jumps to the next scene. It's playable but little annoying.
Unfortunately it's the rework for 10.5 that's causing it, you'd be better starting again or using saves that other people have posted (I believe Elduriel may have posted their saves at some point).

Reactions: Bluee7 and Elduriel

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
Oh, I see there's a Layla/Elena topic again...I read a few pages back and no one wrote about another thing...Alex's secret rout...I wonder how much it will influence Alex's decision and in what direction if you break up with Layla? Will she be angry because you hurt her sister? ? - or is he relieved that the path to MC is free... After all, until now he was held back by the fact that you are dating Layla... Another question is, if you stay with Layla and now their relationship is more serious, will he throw away his feelings? :unsure:

Hotkillerz

May 1, 2017
all i know is ill come back to this game in 6-8 months for the next update, i have a pure alexis route and lets say this update was big let down as u dont get to go to the beach or anything, so yea that a shame.

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
You absolute pussy!!! You bailed out on Eyrin and look how Ethan hurt her totally.
Guess leaving your friends out to dry is you M.O.
What are you talking about? You quoted me talking about Carra and Nikki.... I never mentioned Eryin or Ethan.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Oh, I see there's a Layla/Elena topic again...I read a few pages back and no one wrote about another thing...Alex's secret rout...I wonder how much it will influence Alex's decision and in what direction if you break up with Layla? Will she be angry because you hurt her sister? ? - or is he relieved that the path to MC is free... After all, until now he was held back by the fact that you are dating Layla... Another question is, if you stay with Layla and now their relationship is more serious, will he throw away his feelings? :unsure:
We don't really know what the fallout is yet.

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes