Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
The issue is that while he often talks big the MC isn't as good as he thinks he is with situations around him.
So it's entirely logical that he goes to more competent and experienced people like John (or earlier Nathan) for help in solving the actual problems that is he unable to solve by himself.

The MC "plan" to solve anything for the blackmail would have only endangered a lot more all the people involved. So it was a very good idea the MC went to John, so the much more mature man could point to our idiot MC how stupid his plan was to start with before the MC would do actual damage to people wrongly counting on him coming up with a good plan.

Now for the stalker that is after Layla, i don't think the MC has been that "sucker punched" that much because if i remember well he had the time to put up a whole line of dialogue before the guy punched him in the face.
And the MC had no follow up on this stalker situation that has been treated very oddly considering how that situation was supposed to be important for the MC and Layla.
In fact it's as if the dev forgot about that guy after a while (or his link to those 2 morons from the running team that are regularly seen by the MC during the story), probably a problem linked to adding too many drama on top of drama (blackmail+ murder+ flirty drama+ stalker+ people cheating on each other + people knowing secret about other, etc...) during the story without solving them one by one, it means due to how much drama is piling up, some of them are getting the backseat at some point like the stalker issue did unfortunately

Heretic66

Oct 26, 2021
Now for the stalker that is after Layla, i don't think the MC has been that "sucker punched" that much because if i remember well he had the time to put up a whole line of dialogue before the guy punched him in the face.
When you're talking to someone, you don't expect to be punched. So, yes. Sucker punched. It's like us talking to each other now. Would you expect me to out of the blue, punch you in the mouth? No. You wouldn't.

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
When you're talking to someone, you don't expect to be punched. So, yes. Sucker punched. It's like us talking to each other now. Would you expect me to out of the blue, punch you in the mouth? No. You wouldn't.
They were not talking, both guys were shouting at each othe r, i'm pretty sure when someone is calling you out aggressively you expect things to go wrong very fast.
Especially when the MC knows that the guy is the stalker and has been warned previously how unstable he is. There's no "out of the blue" situation building up there, you have an aggressive guy calling you out, you would expect what ? him shaking you hand ?

Heretic66

Oct 26, 2021
They were not talking, both guys were shouting at each othe r, i'm pretty sure when someone is calling you out aggressively you expect things to go wrong very fast.
Especially when the MC knows that the guy is the stalker and has been warned previously how unstable he is. There's no "out of the blue" situation building up there, you have an aggressive guy calling you out, you would expect what ? him shaking you hand ?
Still talking. The MC's mind was more on his fuckin phone, which is dumb to begin with. That asshole took advantage of the MC's stupidity. Again, this is all due to Nyx's way of writing. She can write great and add in drama, but she doesn't have a clue how to write well for a male. I still love the game despite that.

Reactions: mnotwoke

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
The guy was obviously highly aggressive from the very start, like Emanuel. I saw that punch coming from a mile away and irl MC would've had his body pumping with adrenalin from the tone alone and would've known where it was going. When someone approaches you, screaming, with his muscles tensed to strike out like that guy in that pose, it's CLEAR he's getting ready for a fight.

No, no sucker punch, you could've seen that little runt was about to attack him.

Reactions: PeraDrnda

Heretic66

Oct 26, 2021
The guy was obviously highly aggressive from the very start, like Emanuel. I saw that punch coming from a mile away and irl MC would've had his body pumping with adrenalin from the tone alone and would've known where it was going.

No, no sucker punch, you could've seen that little runt was about to attack him.
Woulda, shoulda, coulda. Nyx made sure we didn't. So, sucker punched in my opinion. She didn't allow us to try and protect ourselves. Or to fight back. If your attention isn't on the aggressive fuck, which as a man, I don't know why it wouldn't be, then it's a sucker punch due to stupidity. You don't have to agree with me. Not saying I'm right. It's my opinion. You can believe what you want.

PeraDrnda

Nov 20, 2019
I want to give you my 2 cents about all these fightings that Nyx is throwing at us.

But, first, I'd like to say that the dumbest main character in games I ever played (mainstream games included) was Carl Johnson AKA CJ from GTA: San Andreas. Not any more. NyxValeria's MC is by far the dumbest.

Back to fightings, which are totally unrealistic and serves for the pupose of story/drama only. There's no point in trying to find out any logic in those fighting scenes. No scars, no broken ribs/jaws/fingers, no internal bleedings, no concussions, no blood, no days spent in hospital... All looks like Tom & Jerry Show. On top of that we have sort of the divine intervetion in that back alley brawling. Not John, nor Valeria have place in that fight. Zach and MC came there by car, so no chance to put John, or Valeria in that alley. That's the bad writing, but some/most of you are so hyped about it, WTF ?

Cat_vs_Mouse.gif

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I want to give you my 2 cents about all these fightings that Nyx is throwing at us.

But, first, I'd like to say that the dumbest main character in games I ever played (mainstream games included) was Carl Johnson AKA CJ from GTA: San Andreas. Not any more. NyxValeria's MC is by far the dumbest.

Back to fightings, which are totally unrealistic and serves for the pupose of story/drama only. There's no point in trying to find out any logic in those fighting scenes. No scars, no broken ribs/jaws/fingers, no internal bleedings, no concussions, no blood, no days spent in hospital... All looks like Tom & Jerry Show. On top of that we have sort of the divine intervetion in that back alley brawling. Not John, nor Valeria have place in that fight. Zach and MC came there by car, so no chance to put John, or Valeria in that alley. That's the bad writing, but some/most of you are so hyped about it, WTF ?

I personally had no issues with the fights . But I don't agree in saying all of them are unrealistic and servers no purpose. The one where he got sucker punched it served a purpose to get him to skip school, which cause him getting into a fight with his mom as well as getting closer with Erynn and getting some insight on a ex from Layla's side.

I personally chalked the part with Zach as cause it's a small town. Might be wrong on that as I kind of forgot but I dont think they live in a city. But yeah you right the help he got on that one came out of no where. It would of been better if John or Val came across him after he was laying beaten.

The only one I could see a need for some damage / hospitals vist was the alley one. The others from what I recall didnt seem like a big deal to me + they were in a flashback. Unless im forgetting one that happened in present time but I dont think I am.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019

Back to fightings, which are totally unrealistic and serves for the pupose of story/drama only. There's no point in trying to find out any logic in those fighting scenes. No scars, no broken ribs/jaws/fingers, no internal bleedings, no concussions, no blood, no days spent in hospital... All looks like Tom & Jerry Show. On top of that we have sort of the divine intervetion in that back alley brawling. Not John, nor Valeria have place in that fight. Zach and MC came there by car, so no chance to put John, or Valeria in that alley. That's the bad writing, but some/most of you are so hyped about it, WTF
Hey hey hey! Stop dissing CJ! He was just a gang-banger, didn't even finish elementary school and was raised to think small and to believe nothing is more important than The Hood/Street and their fights with Ballas! Can't really expect great philosophical works from someone like that. :D

Honestly, yeah, John/Val appearance was a weak point of the story, John could've been passing by and saw MC there (John wouldn't be afraid to go into a bad part of town), but Val?

But tbf, even if bad writing, it's still not bad to the level of shit-tastic as GRRM and his famous series...

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Hey hey hey! Stop dissing CJ! He was just a gang-banger, didn't even finish elementary school and was raised to think small and to believe nothing is more important than The Hood/Street and their fights with Ballas! Can't really expect great philosophical works from someone like that. :D

Honestly, yeah, John/Val appearance was a weak point of the story, John could've been passing by and saw MC there (John wouldn't be afraid to go into a bad part of town), but Val?

But tbf, even if bad writing, it's still not bad to the level of shit-tastic as GRRM and his famous series...
lmfao now I'm imaging MC and John dressed up as grove street members with a Uzi and Ethan and Zack dressed up as ballers at grove street of course.

• Haha
Reactions: jllkfsdj

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
lmfao now I'm imaging MC and John dressed up as grove street members with a Uzi and Ethan and Zack dressed up as ballers at grove street of course.
I fucking loved that game, still consider it the best of the series. I also loved it's unburdened social commentary, they roasted EVERYONE, instead of every GTA game after that managed to be biased at times (4 being perhaps the worst offender), plus the multitude of memes it spawned. <3 Good times.

Stosss

Oct 31, 2023
I think i finish all the road . First time i play game like this. That was cool . Do you guys have maybe some games like this with good narrative story (not just a fuck game) to advise please

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I think i finish all the road . First time i play game like this. That was cool . Do you guys have maybe some games like this with good narrative story (not just a fuck game) to advise please
Go to main forum thread page and search game recommendations.

Reactions: Stosss

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
This thread discuss around story focused games :
https://f95zone.to/threads/story-first-games.86340/

On my signature (though it's limited by the signature character limits), i put story and character focused games i like (or liked at some point)

Reactions: Stosss

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Perfect thanks. There is a release date for épisode 12 ?
There wont be a date for awhile tho it looks like it's progressing at a decent pace. My best guess would late Feb or March at the earliest. Tho could be done way earlier as the dev said it was gonna be a shorter update however from the last update that was posted looks like there is still a few big scenes needed to be done after the current one is finished up.

Reactions: jllkfsdj

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Yeah if it has to do with Erynn kind of scared what it could be just hope it isnt the last scene that ends on a cliffhanger haha.
Suppousedly someone relating to the MC what happened is still a possibility rather than simply a scene where we aren't involved.
Erynn has another fashion event coming up, and when asked if we should accompany her to it she said "it's gonna be fine" which gave me... a famous last words vibe.

I'm having to redo my saves and playing through i noticed this.
After the Ethan fight, you and Valeria sneak to this alley(suppousedly nearby)...
screenshot0007.png

And later Rachel is found here.
screenshot0008.png

The angle is different, one is inside looking out, the other is outside looking in... details don't quite match(one has more plants the other more graffiti) but the dumpster is the same.

Does this tell us something about Ethan being involved in Rachel's murder? Probably not, but...

Reactions: mnotwoke

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Suppousedly someone relating to the MC what happened is still a possibility rather than simply a scene where we aren't involved.
Erynn has another fashion event coming up, and when asked if we should accompany her to it she said "it's gonna be fine" which gave me... a famous last words vibe.

I'm having to redo my saves and playing through i noticed this.
After the Ethan fight, you and Valeria sneak to this alley(suppousedly nearby)...
View attachment 3067197

And later Rachel is found here.
View attachment 3067198

The angle is different, one is inside looking out, the other is outside looking in... details don't quite match(one has more plants the other more graffiti) but the dumpster is the same.

Does this tell us something about Ethan being involved in Rachel's murder? Probably not, but...
Nah, assets get reused and are often too difficult to modify. It would be great if they were released with multiple skins or graffiti on/off. But most PAs don't put that much work into them.

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes