cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
... is it just me or ??? ... it bothers me when showing Rachel and Melissa young ... they look exactly the same as 20 years later... and they are using smartphones ... well at least make phones 20 years back like some old Nokia or Ericsson or something like that... this is part of the game it didn't fit into story... altogether is good game with good renders, worth playing....
only on 1 game i've seen actually over 20 years old phones (and even landline and computer with modem) so could be lack of choices or plain laziness.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
only on 1 game i've seen actually over 20 years old phones (and even landline and computer with modem) so could be lack of choices or plain laziness.
Or an oversight. Unless the action happened a few years in the future. First iphone released in 2007

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
... is it just me or ??? ... it bothers me when showing Rachel and Melissa young ... they look exactly the same as 20 years later... and they are using smartphones ... well at least make phones 20 years back like some old Nokia or Ericsson or something like that... this is part of the game it didn't fit into story... altogether is good game with good renders, worth playing....
I never paid attention to what they were holding in their hands before, but looking at it was a touch screen which i think didn't exist 18 years ago i think, maybe when this game is over it could pass for a first gen Iphone.
They do make some jokes on "wouldn't it be great if your phone could take photos and other things?", and camera phones(they were crap but they existed) existed before touch screens.

So Nyx if you are lurking 2 things when you get to re-render these scenes :cool: , flip phones for Melissa and Emily, and change the joke about camera phones slightly from "they don't exist", "they are utter crap you can't even see what's in the photo".

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
This game is from 2020. Even though it is still in development and can therefore be considered a continuous storyline, everything in the game takes place within a few weeks in 2020. Well, we can of course also assume that it is set in the future, i.e. the present. But that doesn't really change anything. So 18 years back would be the period 2002 to 2005.

The first cell phone with a camera was the Samsung SCH-V200, which came onto the market in South Korea in June 2000 and didn't achieve any significance. Neither did the Sharp J-SH04 from November 2000 in Japan. The first phone to have a camera worthy of the name and achieve wider commercial distribution was the Sanyo SCP-5300, which was launched in the USA in 2003. The resolution was 640x480 pixels and only made its breakthrough on the American market at the end of 2003, almost the year 2004. So it is not presumptuous to assume that Mel and Emily had not yet heard of the technology, or at least only as a more or less useless gimmick. It didn't become a mass phenomenon until around 2006 anyway. Up until then, many cell phones with cameras were sold, and around one in two had a camera.

However, they were not used by the masses due to the quality of the images and the lack of convenience when using them. What's more, there were no inexpensive ways of sending these snapshots. An MMS cost a lot of money back then and the Internet with the associated flat rates only emerged later. Either way, you can say that the story of Mel and Emily in the game took place either before or in the very early days of this technology. It's okay that they didn't talk about it back then. Especially as the two of them don't come across as technology geeks and deal with the topic in depth in everyday life.

PeraDrnda

Nov 20, 2019
Probably not the first one to discuss this, what I miss in NyxValeria's "sports oriented" high school ?

First is a Gym, and second is a Trophy Room. Lack of assets :unsure: ?

I don't want to talk about her choice of sports, but it will be nice to see the members of some other teams (basketball, american football ...), just like backgrounds for some scenes, nothing more.

Trophy room can be used to give us some reminders who were students in the past.

Bet we all know what trophy room is, nevertheless two samples (pics from the web).

Sylvan_Hills_High_School_-_Trophy_Case.jpg Frankenmuth_trophy_01.jpg

And one really nice gym

3fc42b2c-ac52-ea11-80ce-a444a33a3a97_original.jpg

No need for new characters, just putting some old scenes in these ambients will be OK. Is it too much :unsure: ?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
The game will be on Steam, no ETA.
oh im happy about that. Makes me wonder if we will get some music then for when that does happen. Either way i'll glady buy this day 1 when it does happen it's my #1 AVN out of the 56 ive played.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
still not a bad number for only starting to play AVN's for more than lewds out of boredom since around July but yeah could be much higher. I take my time and read and go through other dialogue options slowly lol. That and I replay ones I liked alot when there is an update so it last longer haha.

Reactions: mark942244

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
still not a bad number for only starting to play AVN's for more than lewds out of boredom since around July but yeah could be much higher. I take my time and read and go through other dialogue options slowly lol. That and I replay ones I liked alot when there is an update so it last longer haha.
Fair points....still surprisingly low number for your time here though. Very interesting.

I hope you know I was just taking the proverbial piss though :)

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Fair points....still surprisingly low number for your time here though. Very interesting.

I hope you know I was just taking the proverbial piss though :)
oh yeah I know just felt like sharing. You always seem pretty chill to me when I see you on these forums.

Reactions: Maviarab

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
Poor Rachel, none liked her but it's not her fault, it's the dev that charged her with so many "nope" traits :D

speaking of Darryl, i was wondering what's the deal with Valeria ?
I had never done a playthrough focused on her simply because that's the only LI of the whole game that i see no appeal to her, so i may have missed some clues only found on her routes.

From what i gathered on other playthroughs :
- she's after Darryl and keep the MC as a second choice in case things do not go well with Darryl.
- she never stop to look at the MC with her emotionless fish-like expression for some reason at every opportunities.
- she states that she does not like being touched but spend most of her appearances with either Darryl or the MC hands (even if he is on another LI route) all over her (and sometimes Zach's ones too)
- she's the only woman that tolerate being around Zach even if she mentionned later that she has no feeling for him.
- she likes being around Tori a lot, the Tori that has fucked half the college population
- Her phone is full of photos that looks like ones people send to each other in seduction plays

So in the end it seems to me that Valeria is actually a "player" and while she has not (yet as she's new) fucked half the college like Tori, it seems she is busy going around trying to seduce male characters a lot.
Interestingly, the 3 males characters we know she's busy getting around (Darryl, Zach and MC) aren't on good term anymore. Does this mean she additionally likes to manipulate her targetted men into getting hostile with each other ?
Why Valeria is the best:
- She's the cutest.
- She's the sweetest.
- She's Latina, so there's a little pepper in her.
- She helps you when you're being ganged up on.
- She and Elena would form the perfect wife team with the occasional aunty Layla visit.
- Zach does not deserve to live under the delusion that he is worthy of her.

Reactions: tslojr and mnotwoke

mnotwoke

Apr 11, 2022
Probably not the first one to discuss this, what I miss in NyxValeria's "sports oriented" high school ?

First is a Gym, and second is a Trophy Room. Lack of assets :unsure: ?

I don't want to talk about her choice of sports, but it will be nice to see the members of some other teams (basketball, american football ...), just like backgrounds for some scenes, nothing more.

Trophy room can be used to give us some reminders who were students in the past.

Bet we all know what trophy room is, nevertheless two samples (pics from the web).

View attachment 3145773 View attachment 3145777

And one really nice gym

View attachment 3145867

No need for new characters, just putting some old scenes in these ambients will be OK. Is it too much :unsure: ?

Great suggestions. Those suggestions will make it feel more like a sports school.

She could also add in the trophy case story easter eggs of other older Intertwined characters like for example, photographs of Santiago, Zo, Adriana, Lucas having gone to the same sports school.

Reactions: PeraDrnda

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
Anyone else having the issue where the game crashes when you and Zach try to throw Layla in the pool? It crashes right when it tries to switch back from Gabi telling you to be careful.

I am using KoGa's mod, but I don't expect that's causing the issue unless I'm wrong about that. If so please lemme know.

If someone has a savefile from directly after that please share it with me.

EDIT:

Fixed it by just renaming all the layla_swing jpgs, I'm guessing it was crashing on trying to load all the jpgs in rapid succession.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 274 Votes