Oct 10, 2022
I think you are underselling how awful she was in that situation, she knowingly went behind the back of her best friend who she knows has unresolved feelings for this boy...
I think people making light of that aren't placing themselves in the characters shoes, if you had a friend that fully aware that you have a huge crush on a certain girl, made moves on her behind your back it wouldn't feel so good...

And her justification is that she was just "too involved", again much like you don't buy into what Erynn says, i don't buy into anything she's saying...
You became too involved in 2 hours? Upon seeing this guy that kissed you once, 5 years ago and you never saw again? A kid you barely knew?

And then there's the hypocrisy... if you tell her what she's done to Layla(pizza place scene), she gets on her high horse and judges you.
Plus other similar scenes where she gets to scold the MC for similar things to what she's done and it doesn't even occur to her.

From the POV of my initial plathrough of the game, i was banging Alexis because she (suppousedly)was offering no strings attached pussy, passing the time until someone more interesting comes along(but with potential to grow), she immediately started to show her clingyness which doesn't win you points but ok... but when it's revealed that she's hurting someone that i have a much bigger connection and much stronger feelings for, that's it... no coming back from that.
These and many more was mine reasoning too but I did put myself in Alexis' shoes, MC's shoes and Erynn's shoes and thought what would I do? I could not find a solution that does not make me bad.
I think you are downplaying MC's meaning to her. We also know MC is exactly her type also. So even if MC was a stranger she would fell hard for MC and he was not. MC clearly meant something more to her since she even kept the top from first kiss. He was her first kiss, even though it was childish and most likely her first crush.
She really tried to stay clear of MC also and gave in only after their 3rd random meeting. Everything MC did, somehow effected her deeply. Inner monologue about MC saying hi to her was an example for it. She did not choose to feel like that way, she even tried to deny it. I think that would be my first reaction also.
What she did to MC was terrible even inexcusable but yet understandable. She thought MC cute even before she knew who she was. At that moment she did not know why MC left then when MC revealed the reason, she noticed she was the reason MC left along with Ethan and Erynn. At this point MC hates Alexis as much as he hates Ethan. There was no way, she could have explained that. So she kept it to herself. Even MC admitted he would have acted differently if she told on the plane. Then their story goes like this for each of their encounters. Maybe she could have explained it after the concert but as she said she wanted to tell Erynn first.
What she did to Erynn was bad too but as far as we know, the moment she noticed she fell for MC she decided to tell Erynn. Erynn was the one who cancelled their talk, then immediately after thing blown up with MC. She could not know what to do, how to say. Like I said what she did was terrible but not without a reason.

From Erynn's shoes feeling betrayed makes sense but Erynn should have known that she has no claim on MC. Initial shock was on point, then after that forgiving Alexis made sense also. There were a few things in between but this is not a post about Erynn.

From MC's point, this is where it gets tricky. Irl, I would not give a fuck about Alexis' reasoning so her path would end for me there but if somehow, by some miracle, I'd hear her reasoning then I'd would forgive her and ask her forgiveness for being too mean to her.

I also don't like how clingy she is, also she tries to move forward at every opportunity that is a big turn off for me. Like kill/fuck/marry game, if you choose marry Alexis option she immediately starts making wedding plans and not even joking about it, she is dead serious. Even though MC tries to play it off, it was a wtf moment for me. A few other stuff too, no need to make this post longer. So I like her, I'll play her path but she is not on the top list though does not share hate list either.

Reactions: Maviarab and LSC82
Oct 10, 2022
you mean the shold-have-been-ran-over chick? but wasn't so she should have been left and forgotten like that other city and everyone from it? :whistle:
I mean the chick should-have-been-ran-over but could not because too awesome to write off and definitely not gonna be forgotten even if she was other side of the universe let alone mere 6 hours flight, yes. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: LSC82 and nyrek
Oct 10, 2022
Full disclosure, i'm remarkably bored by these things even in real life, it's something i just go through the motions, barely listening... talking everyday when i have nothing to say always felt like a chore.
Yeah, that make me bore to death also. When I have to do it, I feel like a con.

Reactions: LSC82

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
These and many more was mine reasoning too but I did put myself in Alexis' shoes, MC's shoes and Erynn's shoes and thought what would I do? I could not find a solution that does not make me bad.
I think you are downplaying MC's meaning to her. We also know MC is exactly her type also. So even if MC was a stranger she would fell hard for MC and he was not. MC clearly meant something more to her since she even kept the top from first kiss. He was her first kiss, even though it was childish and most likely her first crush.
She really tried to stay clear of MC also and gave in only after their 3rd random meeting. Everything MC did, somehow effected her deeply. Inner monologue about MC saying hi to her was an example for it. She did not choose to feel like that way, she even tried to deny it. I think that would be my first reaction also.
What she did to MC was terrible even inexcusable but yet understandable. She thought MC cute even before she knew who she was. At that moment she did not know why MC left then when MC revealed the reason, she noticed she was the reason MC left along with Ethan and Erynn. At this point MC hates Alexis as much as he hates Ethan. There was no way, she could have explained that. So she kept it to herself. Even MC admitted he would have acted differently if she told on the plane. Then their story goes like this for each of their encounters. Maybe she could have explained it after the concert but as she said she wanted to tell Erynn first.
What she did to Erynn was bad too but as far as we know, the moment she noticed she fell for MC she decided to tell Erynn. Erynn was the one who cancelled their talk, then immediately after thing blown up with MC. She could not know what to do, how to say. Like I said what she did was terrible but not without a reason.

From Erynn's shoes feeling betrayed makes sense but Erynn should have known that she has no claim on MC. Initial shock was on point, then after that forgiving Alexis made sense also. There were a few things in between but this is not a post about Erynn.

From MC's point, this is where it gets tricky. Irl, I would not give a fuck about Alexis' reasoning so her path would end for me there but if somehow, by some miracle, I'd hear her reasoning then I'd would forgive her and ask her forgiveness for being too mean to her.

I also don't like how clingy she is, also she tries to move forward at every opportunity that is a big turn off for me. Like kill/fuck/marry game, if you choose marry Alexis option she immediately starts making wedding plans and not even joking about it, she is dead serious. Even though MC tries to play it off, it was a wtf moment for me. A few other stuff too, no need to make this post longer. So I like her, I'll play her path but she is not on the top list though does not share hate list either.
I don't think i am downplaying, it's an established fact that they barely ever talked, they had no friendship and she didn't have a crush on him or anything, their relationship was so small that the MC has no idea who she was...
Alexis doesn't recognize him immediately but remembers after he mentions Erynn, the only thing you can sell me is that she has fond memories of that day, looks back at it like a cute story... but not much more than that.
And i can understand her getting the hots for the adult MC, but personally i think a friendship should be worth more than that.

She did a piss poor job trying to "stay away", let's recap, she was the one who invited him into the bathroom, (second meeting)she asked him to stay until she leaves the bar and invited him into her house and came back with a lingerie and (third meeting)she picked up his phone from Zach and bootycalled him the next day... that's as bad a job of "staying away" as it gets, she's the initiator every time, her words don't match her actions in the slightest.
In regards to Erynn i think you have that backwards, again established fact Alexis had multiple chances to tell her, didn't say anything and Alexis was the one that cancelled the concert with Erynn...
Alexis was the one scared of this conversation because she knew she had betrayed Erynn's trust, and that's why she kept postponing it.
Erynn didn't even know there was a conversation to be had... she talked to Alexis about being happy the MC being back in town to which Alexis must've answered "that's great" and witholding the fact that she was banging him while this conversation was going on.
Erynn reacted with fury innitially but has been tremedously understanding, supportive even, since that(despite the fact that it's hurting her inside).
It's no secret that you can be in a relationship with Alexis while still having Erynn in love with you... and she does a much better job keeping it in her pants than Alexis did(same thing applies to Iris).

We differ in the sense that i heard her reasoning and thought it was pure bullshit, can't say a single thing that landed with me "i was scared to tell you", "i got involved" (as i said before way too quickly for me to buy it) and "i tried to stay away"... that's a laugh, try harder...
Also, when i play a game like this i try to get myself in the headspace of the protagonist, one of the premises of this game is that the MC has a long, somewhat troubled, history with Erynn, and despite some wounds he still cares about this girl, that makes me automatically protective of her and caring about her well being, when Alexis actions harm this relationship it's an automatic disqualification.

I do agree with your general reasons why she's just not for me even if i were to forgive her initial actions.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018
I think you are underselling how awful she was in that situation, she knowingly went behind the back of her best friend who she knows has unresolved feelings for this boy...
Unresolved feelings for a boy she hasn't spoken to in over five years because he deliberately cut her out of his life. A boy who was only 13 years old when she last saw him. Do you honestly not understand how insane that is? Alexis isn't the awful one in that situation.

The main character has a good reason to be upset with Alexis for her dishonesty with him, but Erynn doesn't have a leg to stand on since she's been lying to Alexis about Ethan for years. It's completely hypocritical for her to be upset at Alexis now.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
but Erynn doesn't have a leg to stand on since she's been lying to Alexis about Ethan for years. It's completely hypocritical for her to be upset at Alexis now.
Is there something I don't recall? Cause from what I recall Alexis hates Ethan, so I dont think Alexis would care that Erynn did anything with Ethan. Other than he is the reason their friendship almost ended. The only other thing that comes to mind is how Ethan is her model agent or whatever, after she ended her friendship with him. Still I don't think Alexis would care other than she might want to maybe try to be a little protective because how much she hates and doesn't trust Ethan. Even then I can almost see why she didn't telling Alexis about that cause she probably doesn't want her to get involved seeing how she is being blackmailed not to mention it's not something that is easy for her to talk about.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Unresolved feelings for a boy she hasn't spoken to in over five years because he deliberately cut her out of his life. A boy who was only 13 years old when she last saw him. Do you honestly not understand how insane that is? Alexis isn't the awful one in that situation.

The main character has a good reason to be upset with Alexis for her dishonesty with him, but Erynn doesn't have a leg to stand on since she's been lying to Alexis about Ethan for years. It's completely hypocritical for her to be upset at Alexis now.
The whole excuse behind Alexis actions is also her feelings from her one interaction with this 13 year old...
Erynn lying about what's going on with Ethan is something that only harms Erynn, it doesn't hurt Alexis at all, if anything she's keeping her friend from getting hurt.
Alexis actions hurt the MC and Erynn... i'd say that was pretty fucking awful.

Reactions: Dessolos

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
The whole excuse behind Alexis actions is also her feelings from her one interaction with this 13 year old...
Erynn lying about what's going on with Ethan is something that only harms Erynn, it doesn't hurt Alexis at all.
Alexis actions hurt the MC and Erynn... i'd say that was pretty fucking awful.
haha looks like we had the same thought about his post when it came to Erynn not telling Alexis about Ethan. We posted almost at the same time as well

• Haha

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018
No it isn't. She met a guy she liked who happened to also be someone she briefly knew as a child. There's even a flashback scene to Alexis thinking he's cute when she spots him as she's saying goodbye to her cousin Lakeyn.

Erynn lying about what's going on with Ethan is something that only harms Erynn, it doesn't hurt Alexis at all, if anything she's keeping her friend from getting hurt.
Really? How'd that work out for the main character? I seem to recall him getting jumped in a back alley recently.

And before you try to explain that one away by saying it only happened because the MC got involved by punching Ethan to save Erynn, you might want to go replay the game where the MC walks on by and leaves Erynn to fend for herself. She will immediately go and tell Alexis about it in order to torch your relationship with her. If there were any truth at all to Erynn wanting to keep it a secret in order to protect the people around her, she should be happy that you walked on by and didn't involve yourself in her problems. Right?

Erynn is keeping Ethan a secret because she's embarrassed and afraid. It's not to protect others. None of the people who care about her would want her to keep this a secret instead of going to them for help. All of them would be hurt that she didn't trust them enough to tell them the truth.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
No it isn't. She met a guy she liked who happened to also be someone she briefly knew as a child. There's even a flashback scene to Alexis thinking he's cute when she spots him as she's saying goodbye to her cousin Lakeyn.
And she immediately jumped him despite knowing it would cause friction with her friend and it may cause problems for the guy too.

Really? How'd that work out for the main character? I seem to recall him getting jumped in a back alley recently.

And before you try to explain that one away by saying it only happened because the MC got involved by punching Ethan to save Erynn, you might want to go replay the game where the MC walks on by and leaves Erynn to fend for herself. She will immediately go and tell Alexis about it in order to torch your relationship with her. If there were any truth at all to Erynn wanting to keep it a secret in order to protect the people around her, she should be happy that you walked on by and didn't involve yourself in her problems. Right?

Erynn is keeping Ethan a secret because she's embarrassed and afraid. It's not to protect others. None of the people who care about her would want her to keep this a secret instead of going to them for help. All of them would be hurt that she didn't trust them enough to tell them the truth.
Her secret is hers and up until that point it affects only her, it sure as shit didn't affect Alexis in anyway not knowing about the blackmail... she never wanted involve others including the MC, he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
She's tremendously hesitant to involve anybody on what's going on, including her mom, and when she learns that John is Iris dad she wants to bail because she doesn't want any friends in danger, explicitly stated.
After the MC gets himself involved he does get jumped, if he doesn't get involved Ethan just mocks him.

In a moment of desperation, after getting physically abused, she reached out to her friend... btw she doesn't know they are still dating at this point, so how exactly is she calling to sabotage anything?

Is there an element of shame? I'd say so, but she also wants to keep her friends away from her troubles.

Funny that the topic was Alexis and your way of defending her is attacking Erynn on something completely unrelated, have you noticed that?

Reactions: Teal80 and Dessolos

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Her secret is hers and up until that point it affects only her, it sure as shit didn't affect Alexis in anyway not knowing about the blackmail... she never wanted involve others including the MC, he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
your post made me wonder something. Do you think Erynn would of told the MC earlier instead of in the alley when he defended her against Ethan? Because in the park scene prior to the alley scene. If Erynn tells you what really happen 5 years ago. The MC kind of leaves to think things over instead of letting Erynn finishing their conversation. Cause Erynn does say / think to her self " that's not all it's much worst" Which makes me think she might of told the MC if he stayed. Even tho she doesn't want to involve anyone. Plus I think maybe Erynn assumes Ethan is going to target the MC at that point. If I recall Ethan sees the MC at Erynn's apartment either inside or the hallway depending on your choice and then he tries to stop her from running after the MC.

• Thinking Face

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
your post made me wonder something. Do you think Erynn would of told the MC earlier instead of in the alley when he defended her against Ethan? Because in the park scene prior to the alley scene. If Erynn tells you what really happen 5 years ago. The MC kind of leaves to think things over instead of letting Erynn finishing their conversation. Cause Erynn does say / think to her self " that's not all it's much worst" Which makes me think she might of told the MC if he stayed. Even tho she doesn't want to involve anyone. Plus I think maybe Erynn assumes Ethan is going to target the MC at that point. If I recall Ethan sees the MC at Erynn's apartment either inside or the hallway depending on your choice and then he tries to stop her from running after the MC.
Yes, Ethan is wary of the influence the MC has on Erynn, he even says it out loud in the alley scene.

In the park it seems like she was considering opening up to him about it, but she wasn't fully commited to it, still split between which is best, to include him or to keep him at a distance from this thing?

Dec 29, 2018
Funny that the topic was Alexis and your way of defending her is attacking Erynn on something completely unrelated, have you noticed that?
The topic was not exclusively about Alexis, but rather Alexis and Erynn. More specifically, about how you claimed it was wrong for Alexis to make a move on the guy because knew her friend had a crush on him. I'm saying that in this particular instance, it's insane for Erynn to have a crush on him at all. He was 13 when she last saw him, and they haven't spoken in five years.

And in response to that you claimed the following:

This is you doing exactly what you just accused me of doing. You are defending Erynn by attacking Alexis. You are also contradicting yourself from earlier when you said the following:

I don't think i am downplaying, it's an established fact that they barely ever talked, they had no friendship and she didn't have a crush on him or anything, their relationship was so small that the MC has no idea who she is...
Alexis doesn't recognize him immediately but remembers after he mentions Erynn, the only thing you can sell me is that she has fond memories of that day, looks back at it like a cute story... but not much more than that.
Just to be completely clear, I'm not attacking Erynn to defend Alexis. I'm attacking Erynn because she's a poorly written character. If my intention were to defend Alexis, I'd spend my time talking about Alexis. But there isn't much reason to do that because I'm not overly fond of Alexis. I think she's a bit of an idiot. Her decision to hide her identity from the MC was a really bad idea that she had to know would blow up in her face later, and her choice to then hide her relationship with him from Eyrnn was the same.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
The topic was not exclusively about Alexis, but rather Alexis and Erynn. More specifically, about how you claimed it was wrong for Alexis to make a move on the guy because knew her friend had a crush on him. I'm saying that in this particular instance, it's insane for Erynn to have a crush on him at all. He was 13 when she last saw him, and they haven't spoken in five years.

And in response to that you claimed the following:

This is you doing exactly what you just accused me of doing. You are defending Erynn by attacking Alexis. You are also contradicting yourself from earlier when you said the following:

Just to be completely clear, I'm not attacking Erynn to defend Alexis. I'm attacking Erynn because she's a poorly written character. If my intention were to defend Alexis, I'd spend my time talking about Alexis. But there isn't much reason to do that because I'm not overly fond of Alexis. I think she's a bit of an idiot. Her decision to hide her identity from the MC was a really bad idea that she had to know would blow up in her face later, and her choice to then hide her relationship with him from Eyrnn was the same.
The topic was Alexis, Erynn occasionally gets discussed in it because Alexis actions connect with Erynn.

Here is what you innitially quoted:
This is purely about Alexis behaviour... Erynn is in there as a passenger not the topic.

You quoted me on Alexis, your post defended Alexis, so i'm gonna talk about Alexis, makes sense doesn't it?

You said that Erynn's unresolved feelings for a kid she hasn't seen 5 years was ridiculous, maybe it is... Keep in mind that yes he was a teen, but so was her, a little older but also a teen...
Have you never wondered what your high school crush(it's often disappointing, but i digress) looks like now? Or somebody you fooled around(i know they didn't get this far) in your teens? Or what would happen if you saw her now? This is no different.
Her wishful thinking doesn't mean she has wet dreams about the 13 year old MC, it means that she wonders how things would turn out now that they are adults.
The bottom line is that the unresolved feelings did exist and Alexis was fully aware of them.

I don't think i am downplaying, it's an established fact that they barely ever talked, they had no friendship and she didn't have a crush on him or anything, their relationship was so small that the MC has no idea who she is...
When questioned by Erynn about her sudden love for someone she barely knows, Alexis own mind wonders back to the backyard scene... This is her own internal justification that she isn't backstabbing her friend over someone she barely knows, they have "history".

Except their history together is pretty weak(IMO) which is what i'm pointing out... it's established fact that they never interacted much other than that day.

Anyway, you can keep your hate boner for Erynn, and i'm gonna keep having dreams about drowning Alexis... Cool?

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: mnotwoke
4.40 star(s) 274 Votes