Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Cliffhanger means she will cut the episode right when it's about to get interesting...
When you have that "WHOLLY SH... Cut", please comeback for the next episode.
Sorry , When you have that "WHOLLY SH... Cut", please comeback /OR do not for the next episode (as expected from Nyx) :cry::sleep:

• Haha
Reactions: LSC82

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
the cliffhanger could be the worst thing in the world and ill come back for the next update

burbero

Jun 18, 2022
Shit, I hate the cliffhanger. But I already haven't played episode 11 and there's literally a shortage of quality games. I think 2019-2022 were golden years for VN. Older games were richer in terms of scenario, most of the games that came out after 2022 seem to appeal to perverted 12-year-olds.

Reactions: mnotwoke

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I just thought about something. In one of the progress updates Nyx mentioned how one of the choices is more to test the waters to see the reaction of people. As she doesn't think most people would pick the bad option to begin with. It got me wondering if that will be the cliffhanger

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I just thought about something. In one of the progress updates Nyx mentioned how one of the choices is more to test the waters to see the reaction of people. As she doesn't think most people would pick the bad option to begin with. It got me wondering if that will be the cliffhanger
I don't think so, that would only work if the cliffhanger is on the "good" option, she's making the cliffhanger too much of a thing for it to be only on the path she thinks only a few would take.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I don't think so, that would only work if the cliffhanger is on the "good" option, she's making the cliffhanger too much of a thing for it to be only on the path she thinks only a few would take.
like gabi path?

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
like gabi path?
She's mentioned it so often, going as far as warning people not to play the episode if they don't like cliffhangers not to play the episode, that I think it has to be a canon event, something on every path, so it doesn't matter if you walked past Erynn with Ethan so broke both Erynn and Alexis paths, it doesn't matter if you dated both Alexis and Layla so got dumped by them and got thrown off both paths + no chance to build Elena path.

Therefore I think one of two things: MC finds out where his birth father is (even if not on Gabi path it would be a shock to him that he's still so close), or MC stumbles across another dead body (if rumours of a serial killer are true).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: vireker and LSC82

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
the cliffhanger could be the worst thing in the world and ill come back for the next update
I'm on board with Dark Silence on this one.
I find cliffhanger just annoying at this point...so fucking annoying, not only in this game, mind you.
So many devs put that crap every single fucking time for each update...and it almost never amounts to anything (badik as a good example), so i'm not intrigued of what will happen, it just pisses me off.
Shit, I hate the cliffhanger. But I already haven't played episode 11 and there's literally a shortage of quality games. I think 2019-2022 were golden years for VN. Older games were richer in terms of scenario, most of the games that came out after 2022 seem to appeal to perverted 12-year-olds.
Yeah, good games are rare.
Not sure about the golden years thought, it's not that there are no good games in development.
What is quite apparent is that the release cycles grow ever longer, and not necessarily bring much on the table, content wise, to explain such long times...couple of years back 1-2 months were rather common, 3-4 for some big games, now so many are at 6 months or longer for an update, some only get an update once a year.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I find cliffhanger just annoying at this point...so fucking annoying, not only in this game, mind you.
So many devs put that crap every single fucking time for each update...and it almost never amounts to anything (badik as a good example), so i'm not intrigued of what will happen, it just pisses me off.
oh dont get me wrong I hate cliffhangers one thing that annoys me about anything not just this game. But not enough for me to be done with a game, tv show , anime whatever it is I love either.

Reactions: Raziel_8
Oct 10, 2022
Cliffhanger can be good, let's say season ending of a series that already got the next season's approval. It makes you keep engage the story, there is a mark in your head until you see the next season. It does not necessarily something bad but mostly something curios. Recently though, the meaning of it shifted and they corrupted the idea. They are putting the cliffhanger for the sake of it. They don't have any idea how to take the next step, so usually they go with it looked like that but actually it was not or worse they keep the scene short for cliffhanger purpose, it's like stopping a sentence halfway through. That is just annoying, they don't make people curious they aim to make people furious and try to engage that emotion.

I am not sure what will Nyx gonna do or what is she planning but I'd welcome a good cliffhanger and refuse tease-hanger.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Cliffhanger can be good, let's say season ending of a series that already got the next season's approval. It makes you keep engage the story, there is a mark in your head until you see the next season. It does not necessarily something bad but mostly something curios. Recently though, the meaning of it shifted and they corrupted the idea. They are putting the cliffhanger for the sake of it. They don't have any idea how to take the next step, so usually they go with it looked like that but actually it was not or worse they keep the scene short for cliffhanger purpose, it's like stopping a sentence halfway through. That is just annoying, they don't make people curious they aim to make people furious and try to engage that emotion.

I am not sure what will Nyx gonna do or what is she planning but I'd welcome a good cliffhanger and refuse tease-hanger.
For me, a cliffhanger is never good. I grew up with them and hated it. I gave up on all my TV shows. It's why I spent more time playin games outside and later playin sports and goin to the gym.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017

Personaly i always preferd a clean end and then the next season, but yeah these kind of cliffhanger are ok, or if it is a large episode which is split and you know you just need to wait a few days.
But as you said, most cliffhanger nowdays have no purpose, like cutting scenes short or 'but actually it wasn't as it looked' those two piss me off and if a series does that often i usually just stop watching.

That being said, i find it already hard to find series or movies which interest me nowdays.
Dunno, most of the new stuff seems to be aimed at younger (or sometimes i really think dumber) generations, and i have little interest watching teen drama. Or when they insert dumb diversity quotas or worse political crap which is often portrait in a 'in your face' way and if you don't agree your wrong/evil/the problem etc, i really can't stand that when i just want some good entertainment.

These fuckers pretty much ruined all scifi shows i once liked.

Nowdays you get Star Trek...were you can listen endless whining of a gay couple in the machine room and the bridge is filled with crying and sobbing every other scene :mad:
Patrick Stewart doesn't play Picard any longer but Patrick Stewart plays Patrick Stewart and somehow the whole 'better future thing' also got down the drain.

Star Wars...do i need to say anything ? I stood up and left the cinema in the as i saw the dumb mary poppins scene as i couldn't stand the garbage anymore.

Never got warm with Battlestar Galactica either, had not much left with the show i liked as kid.

And i'm still waiting for a good movie like Beverly hills cop...or the Bud Spencer/Terence Hill movies

Meh, sorry i'm just ranting at this point

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Personaly i always preferd a clean end and then the next season, but yeah these kind of cliffhanger are ok, or if it is a large episode which is split and you know you just need to wait a few days.
But as you said, most cliffhanger nowdays have no purpose, like cutting scenes short or 'but actually it wasn't as it looked' those two piss me off and if a series does that often i usually just stop watching.

That being said, i find it already hard to find series or movies which interest me nowdays.
Dunno, most of the new stuff seems to be aimed at younger (or sometimes i really think dumber) generations, and i have little interest watching teen drama. Or when they insert dumb diversity quotas or worse political crap which is often portrait in a 'in your face' way and if you don't agree your wrong/evil/the problem etc, i really can't stand that when i just want some good entertainment.

These fuckers pretty much ruined all scifi shows i once liked.

Nowdays you get Star Trek...were you can listen endless whining of a gay couple in the machine room and the bridge is filled with crying and sobbing every other scene :mad:
Patrick Stewart doesn't play Picard any longer but Patrick Stewart plays Patrick Stewart and somehow the whole 'better future thing' also got down the drain.

Star Wars...do i need to say anything ? I stood up and left the cinema in the as i saw the dumb mary poppins scene as i couldn't stand the garbage anymore.

Never got warm with Battlestar Galactica either, had not much left with the show i liked as kid.

And i'm still waiting for a good movie like Beverly hills cop...or the Bud Spencer/Terence Hill movies

Meh, sorry i'm just ranting at this point
Sorry Sir , my son said to me " Hey , take it or leave it , so I leave it " :cry::cry:

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes