Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Maybe? To me, that conversation sounded like an old argument being brought back up again rather than a new accusation.
Yes that is what i thought too.

Erynn only wants to hurt Alexis at this moment because she is pathologically jealous, feels betrayed and sees the MC as her property. The alleged sex with Ethan doesn't really matter, it's just a justification for her to hurt Alexis.
Fully agree with u here.
My point was more about if Ethan/Erynn had a relationship prior and how this sex thing is used as a hint for their relation.
I don't see how we could possibly believe that Erynn wasn't in a relationship with Ethan.
But i don't see how this lie/true would benefit Ethan, be it if he is in a relation back than, or if he tries to get Erynn back.

I agree that Erynn is just trying to hurt Alexis, and is using past conversations out of context.
Maybe Erynn was rather insecure, and Ethan said something to finally get Erynn to have sex with him (such as : I don't know why I bother with you, especially with the interest that Alexis is showing me). This could be one of the many things she regrets, and is now trying to blame Alexis for all her mistakes.
In that context this lie would make more sense, althought it sounded more like, as if Alexis had sex with him and not just shown some interest.

Which is my problem (the lie Alexis had sex with Ethan), if that lie/true was said/implied by Ethan to destroy their frienship, which is what Alexis states, it doesn't make much sense. It would paint Ethan in the same, if not a worse light than Alexis and would only decrease his chance to get Erynn back, or would be the reason for her to break up to begin with.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yes that is what i thought too.

Fully agree with u here.
My point was more about if Ethan/Erynn had a relationship prior and how this sex thing is used as a hint for their relation.

But i don't see how this lie/true would benefit Ethan, be it if he is in a relation back than, or if he tries to get Erynn back.

In that context this lie would make more sense, althought it sounded more like, as if Alexis had sex with him and not just shown some interest.

Which is my problem (the lie Alexis had sex with Ethan), if that lie/true was said/implied by Ethan to destroy their frienship, which is what Alexis states, it doesn't make much sense. It would paint Ethan in the same, if not a worse light than Alexis and would only decrease his chance to get Erynn back, or would be the reason for her to break up to begin with.
Well... Maybe Erynn did break up with Ethan because of that lie? What if the only reason Erynn and Ethan talk is because she has to for her job so they’re trying to be friendly to each other? And, of course, Ethan is hoping to get back into Erynn’s bed... Now he sees the MC and realizes that his chances are almost reduced to nothing. Erynn is tired of fending off Ethan’s advances, especially when he’s drunk in the Vip room, and regrets signing a modeling contract that requires that she spend time with him/his family/the company he works for.

What if Erynn’s life is so shitty that she constructed an unrealistic “perfect” version of her life with the MC and she is having a difficult time making it a reality? She wants to go back to that day and respond differently but also is in denial that anything she did caused the MC to leave.

The one flaw in this game that I hope Nyx will change is the fact that the player doesn’t see any lewd content with the other love interests due to point totals. Not saying we should see sex but these relationships are not as entangled as I’d expect or hope them to be. We should be feeling more conflicted because of having to make a future choice between Layla, Alexis, Erynn, and anyone else. Right now as it stands you don’t see Erynn kiss the MC unless on her path, you don’t see Layla “squee” because she really likes the MC and kissed him unless on her path. I understand the desire to make a game that is replayable, however we should be enticed by each love interest and eventually have to make a decision that breaks hearts. Right now the MC is just on one path and the rest he’s automatically only friendly with...

Deleted member 596203

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
Well... Maybe Erynn did break up with Ethan because of that lie? What if the only reason Erynn and Ethan talk is because she has to for her job so they’re trying to be friendly to each other? And, of course, Ethan is hoping to get back into Erynn’s bed... Now he sees the MC and realizes that his chances are almost reduced to nothing. Erynn is tired of fending off Ethan’s advances, especially when he’s drunk in the Vip room, and regrets signing a modeling contract that requires that she spend time with him/his family/the company he works for.

What if Erynn’s life is so shitty that she constructed an unrealistic “perfect” version of her life with the MC and she is having a difficult time making it a reality? She wants to go back to that day and respond differently but also is in denial that anything she did caused the MC to leave.

The one flaw in this game that I hope Nyx will change is the fact that the player doesn’t see any lewd content with the other love interests due to point totals. Not saying we should see sex but these relationships are not as entangled as I’d expect or hope them to be. We should be feeling more conflicted because of having to make a future choice between Layla, Alexis, Erynn, and anyone else. Right now as it stands you don’t see Erynn kiss the MC unless on her path, you don’t see Layla “squee” because she really likes the MC and kissed him unless on her path. I understand the desire to make a game that is replayable, however we should be enticed by each love interest and eventually have to make a decision that breaks hearts. Right now the MC is just on one path and the rest he’s automatically only friendly with...
It's just between Layla and Erynn you had to make somewhat of a choice. Just like you had to make a choice between Cara and Nikki.
You can't have everything, else I'll just create a game like hundreds on this site already.
Choices need to make a difference.

You can easily get max/close to max point with Nikki - Alexis - Layla - Elena - Emily - Melissa,... or Cara - Erynn - Alexis - Elena - Emily - Melissa,...

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
You can easily get max/close to max point with Nikki - Alexis - Layla - Elena - Emily - Melissa,... or Cara - Erynn - Alexis - Elena - Emily - Melissa,...
Interesting, so can we take this as being the "official" list of LIs?

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Meh i have no issue with this mc ... At least this one dont look like a 14 old lol

I do hope he will dish out a beat down sometime soon tho ... Being a punching bag is fine but he too in shape to let that lucas guy toy with him...

Other then that i think this mc is pretty gud to play as

And the fact that he ran away as a kid man he was young and got his heart broken by his crush anyone who said thhey wouldnt run are liars lol

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
It's just between Layla and Erynn you had to make somewhat of a choice. Just like you had to make a choice between Cara and Nikki.
You can't have everything, else I'll just create a game like hundreds on this site already.
Choices need to make a difference.

Except there is no actual choice right now besides the club scene. Which locks people out of seeing content for one of them. It is too innocuous and many people, if not using a walkthrough, won't understand that by making that choice they've locked themselves onto one path or the other. If, for example, there was a scene where the MC was hanging out with one of them, received a call from the other, and then made a choice to stay or leave that would be more obvious and understandable as a "lock out" moment. When I first played that scene I went with Layla, not because I didn't want to talk to Erynn, because I wanted to "roleplay" the MC and I'd want to see that my friends got home safe. Of course, I also replayed to see the scenes with Erynn too. I now know that choice essentially locks one of the love interests paths but a lot of people won't when they first play that scene.

The "squee" scene with Layla would still make sense for the player to see, even if the player/MC isn't actively pursuing her so that we can see that she is excited by the MC, seeing the Erynn kiss moment would also be logical to see, because she doesn't know that the MC has already decided to pursue Layla. Neither of them should be "just friends" in their minds or actions, only the MC and player know which one of them is going to be "friendzoned". If the scenes can both be seen regardless of who the MC is going to actively pursue then it makes the eventual decision more difficult. If the point threshold is too high to see either than players will miss out on character and relationship building (and conflict building) moments.

I don't want a game just like any other game on this site, I love THIS game. However, I also feel that at this point the player can't change their mind, or even know that they made up their mind, about who they will pursue because the scenes that would sway them are not available.

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020

great post about Erryn, come on join me join me on the Erryn crazy train :devilish:

Deleted member 596203

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
Except there is no actual choice right now besides the club scene. Which locks people out of seeing content for one of them. It is too innocuous and many people, if not using a walkthrough, won't understand that by making that choice they've locked themselves onto one path or the other. If, for example, there was a scene where the MC was hanging out with one of them, received a call from the other, and then made a choice to stay or leave that would be more obvious and understandable as a "lock out" moment. When I first played that scene I went with Layla, not because I didn't want to talk to Erynn, because I wanted to "roleplay" the MC and I'd want to see that my friends got home safe. Of course, I also replayed to see the scenes with Erynn too. I now know that choice essentially locks one of the love interests paths but a lot of people won't when they first play that scene.

The "squee" scene with Layla would still make sense for the player to see, even if the player/MC isn't actively pursuing her so that we can see that she is excited by the MC, seeing the Erynn kiss moment would also be logical to see, because she doesn't know that the MC has already decided to pursue Layla. Neither of them should be "just friends" in their minds or actions, only the MC and player know which one of them is going to be "friendzoned". If the scenes can both be seen regardless of who the MC is going to actively pursue then it makes the eventual decision more difficult. If the point threshold is too high to see either than players will miss out on character and relationship building (and conflict building) moments.

I don't want a game just like any other game on this site, I love THIS game. However, I also feel that at this point the player can't change their mind, or even know that they made up their mind, about who they will pursue because the scenes that would sway them are not available.
You aren't locked out of a relationship with Layla or Erynn with that choice. You only don't get the "rewards" for having max points with a certain character. You can still go with Layla and your friends and end up with Erynn once that decision can be made and vice versa. I told you that I'll probably lower some point requirements, but there still needs to be a difference when a player choses to be with one person only or tries to persue more.

Dec 29, 2018
So... does Elena have any sort of a follow up plan or does she just want to hide the truth until it blows up in her face like everyone else in the game?

I could understand if she just wanted to wait until school was over to warn Layla about Lucas (so that she could break the news to her at home and not risk a public meltdown), but Layla needs to know about the violent stalker for her own safety. The main character can offer to help Elena deal with Lucas, but they won't make plans to get together and actually figure out what to do. She just tells him that she will see him tomorrow.

Then he goes home and finds his mother making out with with Melissa in the pool while they are both topless, and learns that she has been lying to him about who his biological father is, and then he learns that Alexis has been keeping their shared past a secret form him too. Those are all very good examples that could be used to warn Elena that keeping secrets from loved ones can come back to haunt you. So when he is tasked with lying to Layla the next day, it doesn't really make a lot of sense for him to follow through with it.

He still doesn't have any plans cooked up with Elena on how to deal with Lucas, so there is no solution in sight. The longer they keep this a secret, the worse it will be for everyone. And it's not like they can keep this a secret for long anyways. Mrs Moore already knows that he was in a fight, so that's likely going to bite them in the ass in a real big hurry. So he really needs to meet with Elena to either come up with a plan on how to deal with Lucas, or convince Elena to tell Layla what is going on, and he needs to do it right away.

Elena has been my favourite character in the game so far, but this is just a really dumb thing for her to be doing. I hope that agreeing with her is not going to act as a gateway to start a romance with her, because because that would sink her whole character path unless it is addressed very quickly.

Reactions: Donettes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
You aren't locked out of a relationship with Layla or Erynn with that choice. You only don't get the "rewards" for having max points with a certain character. You can still go with Layla and your friends and end up with Erynn once that decision can be made and vice versa. I told you that I'll probably lower some point requirements, but there still needs to be a difference when a player choses to be with one person only or tries to persue more.
Hmm... I suppose it really doesn't make sense to discuss all of this when you are actively working on a tweak of the entire first 5 chapters of the game. You'll have to excuse all of that as my being too enthusiastic about your game. There are literally only two games on this site I am this excited about, three in total (Cyberpunk being the third). I don't want the MC to fuck everyone, I do want the player to be able to change their mind about someone and not have to start the game all over to be able to have the MC end up with them. But if you've already got that going then I shouldn't harp on it.

Anyway, I'll stop. (y)

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
Hmm... I suppose it really doesn't make sense to discuss all of this when you are actively working on a tweak of the entire first 5 chapters of the game. You'll have to excuse all of that as my being too enthusiastic about your game. There are literally only two games on this site I am this excited about, three in total (Cyberpunk being the third). I don't want the MC to fuck everyone, I do want the player to be able to change their mind about someone and not have to start the game all over to be able to have the MC end up with them. But if you've already got that going then I shouldn't harp on it.

Anyway, I'll stop. (y)
100% agree only two games have hooked me and this is one of them, the secrets, the drama, the girls Nyx is doing great i just hope the drama dont get to much

Reactions: thorin0815

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I understand the desire to make a game that is replayable, however we should be enticed by each love interest and eventually have to make a decision that breaks hearts.
I think i'd drop the game if it did that.

I don't see the point in pursuing everyone when there is no need. If I wanted to pick a route then I would I don't need to follow it until I have to make a choice.

Realistically if that was going on the girls would choose for him and all dump him.

There is no way to have everyone on the go without it turning into a harem fest and it doesn't fit here.

Kayleigh

Jun 10, 2017
I like the fact that you can see certain scenes only if you pursue a LI, too many games on this site follow the same pattern (see everthing harem style until you reach a point the game coerce you to chose your pokemon for the ending)

There is no replayability this way, you play to the point it affects the game and save at this junction, see the ending of your choice and reload.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Decisions only matter as much as what you leave behind. On the one hand, I like that the game kind of forces you to choose, it makes decision important. Although, being the slut that I am I am always going for several girls at the same time, even if favoring one altogether.

On the other hand, it is more interesting when routes are rival to each other but not from the very beginning. It is way more interesting to have to pick a route while the relationships are already developed and hearts can be broken than right at the beginning so everytime you start is like you are a new guy with no connection to the characters. That actually favors routes being intertwined. Hey, I think I finally understood the name of the game!

In that sense, I don't like giving a "prize" to focusing on one girl, cause it simply reverts to start all over to get the perfect ending with that one girl.

I like the fact that you can see certain scenes only if you pursue a LI, too many games on this site follow the same pattern (see everthing harem style until you reach a point the game coerce you to chose your pokemon for the ending)

There is no replayability this way, you play to the point it affects the game and save at this junction, see the ending of your choice and reload.
This is done to avoid having to make too many routes. That usually leads to very slow development of the story, as the game tree needs to grow to wide instead of tall.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 274 Votes