Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
In Alexis memory we see the confession, that Erynn and Alexis tried to defend him, he ran away, and Alexis went and made sure he was okay - giving him a kiss for his birthday and saying he was sweet for trying to give Erynn a flower.
Actually, in Alexis' memory we don't see the confession, it starts with Ethan's response and moves on from there. We'll probably see the whole confession when we get Erynn's or Ethan's version.

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
From the conversation between Erynn and Alexis at the end, my understanding is that Erynn and Ethan were in relationship which has ended.
I think that Erynn and Ethan have dated for awhile but that she has broken up with him but he is still trying to win her back.
Yeah that's what I think too.

My idea in all this is that at some point they were dating. When Erynn accused Alexis of having slept with Ethan (or trying to), she obviously denied it because I would say that it was another attempt by Ethan to isolate Erynn from her friends and have her all to himself. In fact Alexis tells her that in the discussion. This in the past surely created a huge fight between both BFF and in the end Erynn realized his lie and decided to break up with him.

As MrFriendly says, I think Ethan is still trying to get her back and that's why he is still present in her life, specifically in her work, and Erynn either lets it go or simply ignores his true intentions believing that they are just friends/coworkers (or maybe it's one of those mistakes she says she made in the past and can't get rid of him for whatever reason). And the whole "babe" thing for me is just jealousy and trying to piss off our MC.

And yeah, Erynn has some huge red flags but I think you guys (in general) are overdramatizing her story. There are many things about Erynn that I agree with you though but it's only that. We'll see, like always.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
That end tho with that whole erynn and alexis drama .... I mean i kinda get it... But ervynn is just jelous at this point

She suddenly wants the mc now he looks ripped and bigger ... But in that past vieuw alexis was there first and she at least came to the mc after ethan was such a dick to him when confessing his love with a flower to erynn while erynn just stood there .

Dont think erynn should take that out on alexis but for the sake of drama its pretty well done

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
And yeah, Erynn has some huge red flags but I think you guys (in general) are overdramatizing her story. There are many things about Erynn that I agree with you though but it's only that. We'll see, like always.
As long as it doesn’t come to light how Erynn felt when the MC declared his love and why she didn’t try to contact him in the past five years, she’s definitely not a love interest for me. She acts as if the last five years hadn't happened and pretends it is okay to pick up where it left off.

L'Empereur

Apr 24, 2017
I may just be too pure and naive or it may be because English is not my first language but I never perceived Erynn as a crazy psycho lol.
Until Alexis' flashback, I was even hoping I could give her Stifler-style retribution by banging Melissa but after reading y'all, I'm not so sure lol. Don't want MC to be chained in her basement forever.

Anyway, love this game and keep the drama flowing please, it's delectable. Didn't expect tears to be shed on my ding-dong.

Reactions: thorin0815

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
This tends to happen in games that are still in development.
If the game was completed, people could just keep reading, and in a few hours would know everything.
While we are waiting for the next release, people like to analyze characters and discuss their most and least liked LI.
Sometimes this leads to a potential LI getting a lot of negative feedback (sometimes this is deserved, in other cases it is only because we cnly have a partial story to make judgements on). In some cases it leads to dev having to do a rewrite of certain scenes.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
We need to see Erynn's flashback, to know what happened from her point of view. I want to see what happened between her and Ethan after Alexis left to check on MC.
And after we have Erynns Flashback and 3 different views of the confession, we will likely need to watch the cctv coverage to see what actually happend, as i don't think that Alexis or Erynns memorys are entirely correct either.

I think that Erynn and Ethan have dated for awhile but that she has broken up with him but he is still trying to win her back. She works as a model for his family business and that is how she got into the business. Ethan may feel that he had a chance to convince to get back together with him, for all we know they had an off and on relationship, but seeing that the MC is home now Ethan is worried he missed his chance. I hope we don't see another scene of the MC getting beat up by a jealous "not boyfriend" in the game. He needs to finally win one.
I do think that it is possible that Erynn and Ethan where in a relationship, althought i really don't hope so (at least otherwise the accusation of Alexis and Ethan wouldn't make much sense, from the little context we have at the moment).
But it would need to be several years back, IIRC Erynn is on the MC hype train for quite some time and her being in a relationship while obsessive and in love with MC would be strange (that being said her whole claim of the mc is strange).

I really hope we finaly get the chance to beat up Ethan thought and depending of Erynns secrets and past (and further obsessive behavior) have a option to end the frienship, as for her character i really have the feeling either u will like or hate her (or too crazy). Just hope we will not be forced to white knighting her even if we have no interest in her.

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
I do think that it is possible that Erynn and Ethan where in a relationship, althought i really don't hope so (at least otherwise the accusation of Alexis and Ethan wouldn't make much sense, from the little context we have at the moment).
But it would need to be several years back, IIRC Erynn is on the MC hype train for quite some time and her being in a relationship while obsessive and in love with MC would be strange (that being said her whole claim of the mc is strange).
How long as Erynn been obsessed with the MC?
She even seems to imply that she was only with Ethan because MC was not there for her.

mc "Did you go to Prom with ... Ethan?"
er "*Sigh* Yeah. Don't remind me."
mc "Why go with him?"
er "You didn't ask me."
mc "..."
mc "{i}(I wasn't here at the time, how could I... Nevermind...){/i}"

She aso tells the MC

er "Why did you leave [mc].. Why didn't you ever contact me?"
er "I made so many mistakes.."
er "I needed you here.. Who else watches out for me.."
er "Don't ever leave me again.. Okay?"
er "Besides.. I still owe you an answer.. Do you remember..?"

It's as though she is still living in the past. Who is going to wait 5 years for an answer to a confession?

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
This tends to happen in games that are still in development.
If the game was completed, people could just keep reading, and in a few hours would know everything.
While we are waiting for the next release, people like to analyze characters and discuss their most and least liked LI.
Sometimes this leads to a potential LI getting a lot of negative feedback (sometimes this is deserved, in other cases it is only because we cnly have a partial story to make judgements on). In some cases it leads to dev having to do a rewrite of certain scenes.
Yeah, I like to speculate about the characters in games. It is more interesting to me. Do I really think that Erynn has a secret shrine to the MC in her closet? Nope... Do I find it odd that she's already planning their wedding when she hasn't even made a move on the MC? Yes!

It will be interesting to see how much is changed, if anything, when Nyx does the 5.5 update. We already know that due to changes in the code our saves won't work, and a scene is going to be added (IIRC) but not sure if more will be changed than that. Perhaps we will have a different perspective on all of the characters at that point.

I do know one thing that is a bit spoilery about the game and hope that Nyx won't be upset if I share this but...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And after we have Erynns Flashback and 3 different views of the confession, we will likely need to watch the cctv coverage to see what actually happend, as i don't think that Alexis or Erynns memorys are entirely correct either.
Well, previously I cited the movie Rashomon, which is based on the story "In the Grove", as a similar concept where you get multiple perspectives but no absolute truth. You, as the player, may have to choose what you believe happened.

I really hope we finaly get the chance to beat up Ethan thought and depending of Erynns secrets and past (and further obsessive behavior) have a option to end the frienship, as for her character i really have the feeling either u will like or hate her (or too crazy). Just hope we will not be forced to white knighting her even if we have no interest in her.
I don't see how we could possibly believe that Erynn wasn't in a relationship with Ethan. In Episode 5 we learn she went to the prom with him, she still sees him regularly because of work, he calls her babe (though that could be because he wanted to irritate the MC), and Ethan said that he fucked Alexis when he and Erynn were a couple.

There are two beatdowns that need to happen, really. First, catching that weasel Lucas one-on one and giving him a beating he never forgets. And second, cornering Ethan and beating him senseless, too.
Meh, if they do fight what needs to happen is for both of the assholes to instigate fights and for the MC to prevail in both fights. No ganging up on anyone, just one on one fights with the MC as victor. But at the same time I don't really want Nyx to have to spend a ton of time rendering two fights. So if you had to pick one of them for the MC to beat in a fight which one would you prefer?

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
How long as Erynn been obsessed with the MC?
She even seems to imply that she was only with Ethan because MC was not there for her.

mc "Did you go to Prom with ... Ethan?"
er "*Sigh* Yeah. Don't remind me."
mc "Why go with him?"
er "You didn't ask me."
mc "..."
mc "{i}(I wasn't here at the time, how could I... Nevermind...){/i}"

Well from the scene with Alexis and how Erynn responds + what u just posted, i get the impression that her obsession is probably going on for years...which on the other hand would make any relaionship with Ethan very strange.

She aso tells the MC

er "Why did you leave [mc].. Why didn't you ever contact me?"
er "I made so many mistakes.."
er "I needed you here.. Who else watches out for me.."
er "Don't ever leave me again.. Okay?"
er "Besides.. I still owe you an answer.. Do you remember..?"

It's as though she is still living in the past. Who is going to wait 5 years for an answer to a confession?
That part is strange in so many ways...

-I mean why did she never contact him ? What happend after the confession ? We know the MC was dastricaly changing his behavior, did she never try to find the reason or talk to him ?

-Why would she think a 12 year old would be capable of watching out for her (if her mistake was Ethan, i don't think the MC could have done anything, i mean Alexis tells her that Ethan trys to break up their friendship for a long time and apparently she ignores her bff).

-As u said, why would anyone think, that u still need a answear to an 5 year old confession...
Also did she never try to talk with the MC about the confession, give him his answear, i mean he did still stay with his mom for quite some time and she was his best friend and neighbor ?

Last edited:

Grug-Magnon.

May 13, 2017
Meh, if they do fight what needs to happen is for both of the assholes to instigate fights and for the MC to prevail in both fights. No ganging up on anyone, just one on one fights with the MC as victor. But at the same time I don't really want Nyx to have to spend a ton of time rendering two fights. So if you had to pick one of them for the MC to beat in a fight which one would you prefer?
I think we should fight Lucas; Erynn should be the one to deal with Ethan, after all it is her baggage

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I think we should fight Lucas; Erynn should be the one to deal with Ethan, after all it is her baggage
Well, the same argument could be made that Lucas is Layla's baggage. After all, merely being friends with her is enough to attract Lucas's attention. Fighting Ethan may be more satisfying for those on the Erynn path since Ethan has always been between them.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Yeah that's what I think too.

My idea in all this is that at some point they were dating. When Erynn accused Alexis of having slept with Ethan (or trying to), she obviously denied it because I would say that it was another attempt by Ethan to isolate Erynn from her friends and have her all to himself. In fact Alexis tells her that in the discussion. This in the past surely created a huge fight between both BFF and in the end Erynn realized his lie and decided to break up with him.

As MrFriendly says, I think Ethan is still trying to get her back and that's why he is still present in her life, specifically in her work, and Erynn either lets it go or simply ignores his true intentions believing that they are just friends/coworkers (or maybe it's one of those mistakes she says she made in the past and can't get rid of him for whatever reason). And the whole "babe" thing for me is just jealousy and trying to piss off our MC.

I mean maybe we as users are over dramatizing.......but did you see the final scene of this update? That was already pretty fucking dramatic. You could argue this whole last update was Nyx taking the drama knob. Turning it up to 11,then breaking that mother fucker off.

Grug-Magnon.

May 13, 2017
Well, the same argument could be made that Lucas is Layla's baggage. After all, merely being friends with her is enough to attract Lucas's attention. Fighting Ethan may be more satisfying for those on the Erynn path since Ethan has always been between them.
That is true, but im kinda biased since Layla is in more inmediate danger for having a dude like that being obsessed over her, and so far Erynn stil fine around Ethan (i still think he is manipulative tho)
but who knows maybe the MC will end up becoming the driver from Drive saving ladies and leaving cities

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
don't see how we could possibly believe that Erynn wasn't in a relationship with Ethan. In Episode 5 we learn she went to the prom with him, she still sees him regularly because of work, he calls her babe (though that could be because he wanted to irritate the MC), and Ethan said that he fucked Alexis when he and Erynn were a couple.
Just because she went to the prom doesn't mean much, in the end she could just have said yes because Ethan was extremly persistent and the MC wasn't there anymore.

Her reaction, where she sights and said don't remind me could imply both.
That she made a large mistake with Ethan, which she regrets, than the question is why would she continues to see him.
It could also mean that it was a very unpleasant evening for her, with a persistant Ethan and she was happy when it was over. While the prom she wanted, was a memorable/romantic evening for her and the MC.

For the babe thing, i'm pretty sure it was just Ethan riling up the MC.

For the Alexis fucked Ethan accusation.

Yes the most most obvious answear she was in a relation with him.
On the other hand, we really lack context there. If she was in a relation with him and ever belived Ethan, i don't think she would still be friends with Alexis, ur best best friend cheating with ur lover is pretty much the ultimative breach of trust.

If she didn't belive him, that should ruin her relationship with Ethan to such a degree, that i would find it hard to belive that she would still be friends with him.

Additionally i find it hard to belive that someone which so obsessive, that she still want to give a answear to a 5 year old confession, would start a relationship with the dude that was always hostile to the MC...

Well maybe i simply overthinking it and don't want to see the most obvious answer, as it would close of Erynn as a LI for me, while i still hope that the Nyx will make her a top runner in the competition.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Also about the whole Erynn/Alexis/Ethan thing, it doesn't made a lot of sense to me at the moment.

- The premise is, Ethan want's to ruin their friendship, likely because he want's Erynn all to himself and Alexis is a hindrance.

The problem i have with that is:

-Ethan tells he had sex with Alexis, a lie if we belive her.

-If Ethan is in a relationship with Erynn and want her all to himself, that is probably the most stupid thing to do i can think of.

Would he ruin their friendship ? Yes very likely, if Erynn believs him.
But she would also break up with him, with almost 100% certainty and it would be unlikely that she gives him a second chance, who would after u get cheated on with ur bff.

So that would be the excat opposite from what Ethan tries to archive, even more so if he already is in a relationship with Erynn. I mean he already has what he wanted all the time, all he need to do is, enjoying his hot gf while sowing doubts and break their friendhip appart.
Why would he choose a option, which will result with near certainty in complete self destruction for him....it doesn't make any sense.

-If Erynn never was in a relation with him, why would she care if Alexis had sex with him ?

-If they where in a relation at some point and Ethan tries to get her back (let's be honest, i think we all agree, if he is her ex it was Erynn which broke up with him) we have 2 options as i see it.

1) Erynn doesn't have any feelings for him, so why would she care if Alexis had sex with him ?

2) Erynn still have feelings for Ethan. In that case this lie would be still detrimental, as it would likely hurt Erynn as much that Alexis is sleeping with her ex, which she still has feelings for, as it would hurt her that Ethan would sleep with her friend...

While that would have a negative impact on their frienship, it also would have the same negative impact on Ethan as far as i see it.
At least to my knowledge, if u want ur ex back sleeping with her best friend (lie or not) is most certainly not the way to do it, if anything she will resent u more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
The problem i have with that is:

-Ethan tells he had sex with Alexis, a lie if we belive her.

-If Ethan is in a relationship with Erynn and want her all to himself, that is probably the most stupid thing to do i can think of.

Would he ruin their friendship ? Yes very likely, if Erynn believs him.
But she would also break up with him, with almost 100% certainty and it would be unlikely that she gives him a second chance, who would after u get cheated on with ur bff.
Erryn didn't actually say that Ethan claimed to have had sex with Alexis.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What if it was just a suggestion that Alexis TRIED to have sex with him?

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes