Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
And now we have yet another conundrum.

So far Erryn has not expressed anything but friendly love for MC and she hasn't shown any interest in pursuing any kind of romantic relationship, not to mention sex.
The only thing we know - she went apeshit crazy over Lexi having sex with MC.

Neither Lexi nor Erryn mentioned anything about sharing or not sharing.

As far as I remember Lexi said she had sex with him because she likes him and Erryns argument was "you know what he means to me." and that's all.

So how did you come to this conclusion?
Depending on what path you are following, (in my case Lexi as my primary, Cara as a backup and some points put into Erynn mostly for friendship purposes and to see more of her story in a platonic way) both Lexi and Erynn randomly at some point say out loud to themselves, they WILL NOT share 'him'. If you haven't seen those scenes, I don't know what to tell you.

As far as the minor cliffhanger ending on the plane, I'd say the safe money is that it's Lakelyn. She mentioned wanting to visit her 'cousin' Lexi, and given mc's reaction of mild surprise and happiness?, it's clearly someone he knows and is on great terms with. If it is her, given her familial connection and obvious bias, I wonder if she ends up being the link to the mc finding his way back to Lexi (assuming she is your L.I., like me).

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
Depending on what path you are following, (in my case Lexi as my primary, Cara as a backup and some points put into Erynn mostly for friendship purposes and to see more of her story in a platonic way) both Lexi and Erynn randomly at some point say out loud to themselves, they WILL NOT share 'him'. If you haven't seen those scenes, I don't know what to tell you.

As far as the minor cliffhanger ending on the plane, I'd say the safe money is that it's Lakelyn. She mentioned wanting to visit her 'cousin' Lexi, and given mc's reaction of mild surprise and happiness?, it's clearly someone he knows and is on great terms with. If it is her, given her familial connection and obvious bias, I wonder if she ends up being the link to the mc finding his way back to Lexi (assuming she is your L.I., like me).
until Lexi finds out you slept with her cousin (if you chose to), but yeah i agree that its Lakelyn on the plane or in a funny twist its Andres, fight at 30,000 feet

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Man i have a bad feeling about erynn seems like she is forced to do things out of her control with certain guys :(

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
until Lexi finds out you slept with her cousin (if you chose to), but yeah i agree that its Lakelyn on the plane or in a funny twist its Andres, fight at 30,000 feet
In my mc's defense (yes I had him have sex with her), it was totally unplanned, didn't know when we would see her again, and only saw Lexi from far away and didn't recognize her, so in a way, my fling with Lakelyn predates any relationship/hook up with Lexi. Fingers crossed though, that she chooses discretion when she finds out about my mc and her cousin. I honestly see Lakelyn as just a FWB, and would think she'd agree it was no strings attached sex.

Aion_Abyss

Jul 28, 2020
Found a bug in the first scene with Melissa in which she gives MC a haircut.

"rein" should be "reign" in the text screen I've spoilered..

Tried to enter the discord server but i'm either banned (No idea what for) or the server invite is a temporary link.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aion_Abyss

Jul 28, 2020
Nah, thats a common misconception thats kind of become the norm. "Free rein" is actually correct.
If it's become the norm, wouldn't "reign" be correct?

Either way, the "common misconception" makes more sense as reign means complete authority and freedom over the subject (MC's hair in this case) while rein is a strap used to pull animals, typically horses.

Where's the logic?

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
If it's become the norm, wouldn't "reign" be correct?

Either way, the "common misconception" makes more sense as reign means complete authority and freedom over the subject (MC's hair in this case) while rein is a strap used to pull animals, typically horses.

Where's the logic?
The phrase originates from horseback riding. From using the strap on horses to have free control over the horses movements. So the phrase "free rein" means having free/full control over something.

Reign, on the other hand, is not about controlling something. But about ruling over something via royal authority. The distinction there is important. Yes, having control over what you rule is part of the package, but reign has a greater meaning to it.

I think at some point in the late 1800s or 1900s, people suddenly started also using "free reign" for the same meaning as "free rein". And it just spread from there.

All of this is to say, Nyx' use of "free rein" is not a bug. Its the original and correct usage of the phrase.

(T. Former English major who got lectured over the same misconception back in college.)

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
So the big question then becomes : will we get to have sex with Lakelyn on the plane? (it's only fair that she also gets to join the mile high club)

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
So the big question then becomes : will we get to have sex with Lakelyn on the plane? (it's only fair that she also gets to join the mile high club)
I would think the mess his last mile high club caused would drive MC away from that. Heh. Like, just imagine Lakeyn making the offer, and we just get a PTSD flashback of the drama from MC.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
The phrase originates from horseback riding. From using the strap on horses to have free control over the horses movements. So the phrase "free rein" means having free/full control over something.

Reign, on the other hand, is not about controlling something. But about ruling over something via royal authority. The distinction there is important. Yes, having control over what you rule is part of the package, but reign has a greater meaning to it.

I think at some point in the late 1800s or 1900s, people suddenly started also using "free reign" for the same meaning as "free rein". And it just spread from there.

All of this is to say, Nyx' use of "free rein" is not a bug. Its the original and correct usage of the phrase.

(T. Former English major who got lectured over the same misconception back in college.)
Thank you, technically she used "reign" and I corrected it to "rein". Nyx didn't question the correction but I am going to bookmark your answer for all the other devs who do use "free reign".

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
I fell in love with Layla, so much so that I did a playthrough basically ignoring EVRY other girl except Elena (who seems a safe bet for friendship) and Mom :) (Note, I also have a more standard "screw anything with a pulse" save, can't wait to see how THAT will blow up even more than it already has :) )

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes