Juidas

May 14, 2019
If anyone is willing to give his two cents, I have some questions. Is a good reason ever given as to way the MC mother sent him away when he was younger?

I stopped playing this VN some time ago and vaguely remember it being said it was because she was unwilling to deal with the MC's antics or some shit. On the other hand I read a few pages back that she is a good mom but that statement is conflicting to me if there is no good reason for her to send him away. This being an important part of the plot an the reason most of the shit happened.

I have not resumed playing this VN because that shit hit too close to home and I would like to know if:

1) Am I mistaken as to way he was sent away?

2) Is there some redemption or I am going on a sadness fueled rage trip?
If I remember correctly he was sent away because he had become very angry and unruly and his mother could not control him to the pont that he was becoming abusive towards her and others? He's grown up a bit now even though he still has some way to go (imo). But great VN, one of my top 3.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
If I remember correctly he was sent away because he had become very angry and unruly and his mother could not control him to the pont that he was becoming abusive towards her and others? He's grown up a bit now even though he still has some way to go (imo). But great VN, one of my top 3.
Characters act very human in this VN, they aren't perfect and they make mistakes, usually out of very relatable motivations. Emily probably didn't think she would lose her son for 5 years when she sent him to stay with his step dad, she's also(imo) the instigator of her divorce which was a great contribution to those 5 years., and she clearly regrets this decision and having wasted all this time.

Still, on most cases it's up to the player wether it's in you to forgive these mistakes and start fresh or you want to have a cold relationship with the women who "wronged" you.

Ps: I'm always surprised on the visceral reactions to Emily given that she's not a love interest, i thought those kinds of reactions would be reserved to those cans of worms (they also make their fair share of mistakes), she's your family and until she does something truly unforgivable it would be the best to support each other... and it's obvious that even with the mistakes she might've made she's trying her best.

zackjack177

Apr 2, 2020
Characters act very human in this VN, they aren't perfect and they make mistakes, usually out of very relatable motivations. Emily probably didn't think she would lose her son for 5 years when she sent him to stay with his step dad, she's also(imo) the instigator of her divorce which was a great contribution to those 5 years., and she clearly regrets this decision and having wasted all this time.

Still, on most cases it's up to the player wether it's in you to forgive these mistakes and start fresh or you want to have a cold relationship with the women who "wronged" you.

Ps: I'm always surprised on the visceral reactions to Emily given that she's not a love interest, i thought those kinds of reactions would be reserved to those cans of worms (they also make their fair share of mistakes), she's your family and until she does something truly unforgivable it would be the best to support each other... and it's obvious that even with the mistakes she might've made she's trying her best.
Cuz you still have ppl asking if shes a LI even thou its been said NO repeatedly xD

Aug 2, 2018
Wait so I’m kind of unclear we r assuming that the asshole guy that bullied the mc when he was younger is now taking advantage of erynn bc of smth we don’t know about? And the stranger at the bar is prob Santiago and the person onboard about to join the mc is Santiago or Julia.

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Cuz you still have ppl asking if shes a LI even thou its been said NO repeatedly xD
When I first played this game, if felt that Emily was being presented as a potential LI. I then read on here that it had been said repeatedly that she was NOT a LI. I personally wish that those scenes with Emily had been written differently so that it was clear from the events and dialogue of the game had made that more clear.

One of the few fault within this game.

zackjack177

Apr 2, 2020
When I first played this game, if felt that Emily was being presented as a potential LI. I then read on here that it had been said repeatedly that she was NOT a LI. I personally wish that those scenes with Emily had been written differently so that it was clear from the events and dialogue of the game had made that more clear.

her tities were gift to player not MC

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020

There are so many "son returns home" games out there that we started treating this as the normal lol.
She was never flirty but crucially i think those options to stare at her boobies helped in misleading a bunch of people, because in 99% of VNs these options mean you will be playing with them sooner rather than later.

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
There are so many "son returns home" games out there that we started treating this as the normal lol.
She was never flirty but crucially i think those options to stare at her boobies helped in misleading a bunch of people, because in 99% of VNs these options mean you will be playing with them sooner rather than later.
Exactly - it misled me on my first playthrough and I think Emily is one of the cutest women in the game. So I was disappointed when I found out here that Emily is NOT a potential LI. I would have preferred not having that scene and thus removing any scope for potential confusion.

Reactions: LSC82

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Well I am going to go out on a limb and assume that a good portion of those reactions are from people like me. People that have experienced a parent (or both in my case) telling them it is not their battle raising them, and away you go. Even if it is a character in a VN it evokes deep sadness and makes it difficult to enjoy said VN. Be it a LI or not.

This VN is really good but the plot hits too hard in my grown ass man feelings. :)

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Well I am going to go out on a limb and assume that a good portion of those reactions are from people like me. People that have experienced a parent (or both in my case) telling them it is not their battle raising them, and away you go. Even if it is a character in a VN it evokes deep sadness and makes it difficult to enjoy said VN. Be it a LI or not.

This VN is really good but the plot hits too hard in my grown ass man feelings. :)
Hey man, we all have some stuff that hit closer to home, sorry if i sounded dismissive.

Reactions: v1900

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Exactly - it misled me on my first playthrough and I think Emily is one of the cutest women in the game. So I was disappointed when I found out here that Emily is NOT a potential LI. I would have preferred not having that scene and thus removing any scope for potential confusion.
This actually got me thinking that by default Melissa will also not be an LI, assuming shes in a relationship with Emily. I always said since day one that it feels like the dev didn't want anyone getting too attached to any of the "milf" characters and more then likely your only real romance options will be between the younger girls.

Or maybe i'm just full of shit and don't know what im talking about.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
This actually got me thinking that by default Melissa will also not be an LI, assuming shes in a relationship with Emily. I always said since day one that it feels like the dev didn't want anyone getting too attached to any of the "milf" characters and more then likely your only real romance options will be between the younger girls.

Or maybe i'm just full of shit and don't know what im talking about.
I can't see Melissa being more than "drunken one night stand", she knows full well her daughter wouldn't be happy about it and her friend Emily won't approve either.

She does find the MC attractive but has more of "fun aunt" relationship with him, not smitten like the younger girls, add some alcohol and some "terrible decisions" can happen but other than that she'll just keep being a tease.

Crippy

May 28, 2018
I can't see Melissa being more than "drunken one night stand", she knows full well her daughter wouldn't be happy about it and her friend Emily won't approve either.

She does find the MC attractive but has more of "fun aunt" relationship with him, not smitten like the younger girls, add some alcohol and some "terrible decisions" can happen but other than that she'll just keep being a tease.
That was my reaction as well. Melissa would be the fun aunt that is flirty, gets you drunk and/or high and gives relationship and sex advice. It would probably cause a nuclear sized explosion between her and Erynn if it went any other way.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
That was my reaction as well. Melissa would be the fun aunt that is flirty, gets you drunk and/or high and gives relationship and sex advice. It would probably cause a nuclear sized explosion between her and Erynn if it went any other way.
if it was discovered! besides Erynn as not romantic stakes on the MC! it would be weird but does it mean Melissa does not deserves happiness? How shellfish can Erynn and Emily be if the MC and Melissa found contentment and joy in each others arms?

Seriously from all the women with whom the MC grew up Melissa is the one that did not hurt him and was always there for him! Erynn broke his heart and Emily lied to him but Melissa hugged and nurtured him! if its based on merit only Melissa deserves the MC!

4.40 star(s) 273 Votes