Deleted member 596203

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
I don't know man, she should just go to the police like any sane person would.
There are many legitimate reasons why people may not immediately report to the police. It may take time to process what has happened to them.
There are often deep feelings of shame or guilt associated with it. The initial response may be to avoid reliving the experience and carry on with their everyday lives. This is a self-protection mechanism following serious trauma.

Do you have any idea how high the percentage is for people not reporting to the police?
It isn't always as easy as you think.

Zentis

Aug 5, 2019
There are many legitimate reasons why people may not immediately report to the police. It may take time to process what has happened to them.
There are often deep feelings of shame or guilt associated with it. The initial response may be to avoid reliving the experience and carry on with their everyday lives. This is a self-protection mechanism following serious trauma.

Do you have any idea how high the percentage is for people not reporting to the police?
Very true. Furthermore, Ethan could just deny having anything to do with it. Worse still, Ethan could have been bluffing this whole time.

Reactions: FAP369ZONE

Mahakmar

May 25, 2020
cant wait to see where we going forward but lol then again what do i have to shut out layla completely ? :p i been nothing but dismissive to her for testing and she just does nothing in the "feels" apartment, but hey keep on making the game and lets see where we go :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
well i used to love playing your game ... :cry:
thank you for the fond memories i have of this game .. i still can play tho only to version 6 .. i wish you tons of luck .... i will miss this game ... number 87 i can't play any longer :cry:

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
I don't know man, she should just go to the police like any sane person would, also she doesn't even know that he recorded her so she should just ask to see the video, I know that she said that it's disgusting to her or something like that but that's just weird. These just feel like "plot" decisions, they don't really make sense (to me) but need to happen in order for the plot to go the way dev wants it to go which like I said, I am ok with because if everyone was acting rationally, this game would probably suck.
I feel like if she goes to the police not only she can get a release from the contract, if Ethan actually released the video it would be pretty incriminating to him.
She goes to the police saying "this guy is blackmailing me with a video from when i was 18", he denies it and goes free...
Said video comes up a few days later and he's the number 1 suspect.
There are also ways to tape him or make him say it in text.

As Nyx just pointed out, it's more shame and guilt than any lawful and logical reason.

On happy note the new main menu screen looks nice.

Zentis

Aug 5, 2019
well i used to love playing your game ... :cry:
thank you for the fond memories i have of this game .. i still can play tho only to version 6 .. i wish you tons of luck .... i will miss this game ... number 87 i can't play any longer :cry:
I'm guessing Android?

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Because of the 32bit thing? This build comes with a 32bit launcher, if thats the problem. Or, at least thats what I assume the Intertwined-32.exe launcher is.
pretty much yeah ... see my computer only can run opengl 1 ... and ren'py 7.4 wants opengl 2 :cry:

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
"Changed everything to British English since it was mixed with American English before."

As it should be.

Reactions: laliandra

KeiNineX

Aug 10, 2019

I don't really want to argue about this cause like I said, I don't really have a problem with it but to the points you raise I think that she had more than enough time to process what has happened and her every day life is causing her trauma at this point so it's just weird to me.

Also I'm not saying it's easy, it's like the same with rape cases, obviously I can't even remotely imagine what it feels like but just because they have their reasons to not go to police it doesn't mean that it's not the right thing which then goes back to my original argument about "rational" decisions.

Anyway she's my favorite, I don't have problem with those decisions so I don't think there's a reason to argue about this.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Did my Alexis run. And you know what? Call her sappy and shit and whatever. But I loved how feel good this episode was on that route. The second half was a chill romantic time, and it was pretty great. I feel like extended sequences like these are too rare in AVNS since its always "something gotta happen be it drama or action or plot beats".

And I loved that the next episode is going to start with immediate awkward drama with Alexis/Erynn meeting again. :LOL: :LOL:

I think I still have more to see. But good shit, NyxValeria . Its been an enjoyable ride this episode so far.

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019

The plot device is known as Dramatic Irony, where we know stuff that the character does not. We see the train wreck about to happen and are all taken with anticipation. Sometimes the author pulls a fast one to keep us guessing too. All part of a well developed, complex plot. Good for you.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
I don't know man, she should just go to the police like any sane person would, also she doesn't even know that he recorded her so she should just ask to see the video, I know that she said that it's disgusting to her or something like that but that's just weird. These just feel like "plot" decisions, they don't really make sense (to me) but need to happen in order for the plot to go the way dev wants it to go which like I said, I am ok with because if everyone was acting rationally, this game would probably suck.
Common sense would normally tell you to go to police and report. She could also ask for a video from Ethan to see for herself if he indeed have such video, yes i agree on that. But also in this case it's her carier on the line. If we presume that such video exists then that could compromise her. So she can say goodbye to teaching and modeling. And Erynn herself said that Ethan's dad have some conections in police so he could make that case disapear. Or even worst scenario someone from police could warn Ethan to hide such video (if it exists) and when police comes knocking he could play all cool. That scenario could lead Ethan to upload such video online and again bye bye carier and the life you knew. Now that's only me.

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes