Nov 29, 2020

Made some good progress on the renders, but still just a dent to what is left to do. Had a few problems though when Daz crashed during the night. Always fun to see that only 1 or 2 renders were finished when you wake up...
Finished the first of the very spoilerish scenes and finished the first part of the second scene already. I hope I can finish the whole scene before the weekend.
I decided that I won't include a cheerleading competition. I'm just going to write a few sentences, to sum up, what happened. It's just way too much work to create all those new characters, pose them in different cheer poses,... It would at least take 2 weeks if not more just for a few scenes since I have to render each image 3-4 times to paste all the characters in it so it looks like a team instead of just 2 people. Not worth it in my opinion. It's maybe something for a future release like I did with episode 5.5 where I included new scenes within older content.
Also made a few "animations" in between. This time on 60 fps. I'm pretty happy with how they look when I coded them in. Only thing is that my pc isn't strong enough I think since it takes a few seconds to load them in-game. I don't know if it's faster when I convert them into a MPEG instead of all the images, but that again will take extra time, time I don't have...
And you can't really "photoshop" a video when you see a clipping mistake for example. We'll see.

The_Hybrid

Nov 3, 2020

Made some good progress on the renders, but still just a dent to what is left to do. Had a few problems though when Daz crashed during the night. Always fun to see that only 1 or 2 renders were finished when you wake up...
Finished the first of the very spoilerish scenes and finished the first part of the second scene already. I hope I can finish the whole scene before the weekend.
I decided that I won't include a cheerleading competition. I'm just going to write a few sentences, to sum up, what happened. It's just way too much work to create all those new characters, pose them in different cheer poses,... It would at least take 2 weeks if not more just for a few scenes since I have to render each image 3-4 times to paste all the characters in it so it looks like a team instead of just 2 people. Not worth it in my opinion. It's maybe something for a future release like I did with episode 5.5 where I included new scenes within older content.
Also made a few "animations" in between. This time on 60 fps. I'm pretty happy with how they look when I coded them in. Only thing is that my pc isn't strong enough I think since it takes a few seconds to load them in-game. I don't know if it's faster when I convert them into a MPEG instead of all the images, but that again will take extra time, time I don't have...
And you can't really "photoshop" a video when you see a clipping mistake for example. We'll see.
So approximately we will get the Beta about later next week if fast or the week after that if slow. So I think that we will get episode 8 about the weekend of the third week of August.
What do y'all think?

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
So approximately we will get the Beta about later next week if fast or the week after that if slow. So I think that we will get episode 8 about the weekend of the third week of August.
What do y'all think?
there is a reason why renders and coding have no data and story is only 90% i think nyx is contemplating some major scenes like the cheer competition and is not sure how that will rock or blend with the overall rythm and story progression of the episode and that episode will continue to increase the hype ot become a break point to put the speed of the story in a more balanced point!

so depending on how comfortable and confident Nyx feels about tackling the story it can be as you say or it can take 2 other months give or take! as for my preference i want quality even if it takes longer along as the amount is not too reduced and the quality is kept!

but me be here for the story so....

Deleted member 596203

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
I agree with you wholeheartedly. I can wait for as long as possible (I had waited for almost a year for one of my favorite game to be released). But from what I've seen so far, Nyx is the kind of dev that takes timelines very seriously and with the last post that said Episode 8 will probably be released this month, I don't want Nyx to rush things just to meet the deadline, so I'm a little worried for him/her. And hope that He/She doesn't get frustrated because of a little delay
I never said the episode will release in August! Please show me where I've said that?
If you read every progress update, you'll know it isn't close to being finished hence the ???
Don't give people false hope by speculating a release date.
If it's getting close to being released, I'm the first who'll give out an ETA. Before that go enjoy other great games.
I said many times this will be a big release and I don't have a schedule for this one.
Also, this will be a one-time thing. I'll never make a big episode again due to multiple reasons.
After this release, it's back to shorter ones at the previous schedule +/-

The_Hybrid

Nov 3, 2020
I never said the episode will release in August! Please show me where I've said that?
If you read every progress update, you'll know it isn't close to being finished hence the ???
Don't give people false hope by speculating a release date.
If it's getting close to being released, I'm the first who'll give out an ETA. Before that go enjoy other great games.
I said many times this will be a big release and I don't have a schedule for this one.
Also, this will be a one-time thing. I'll never make a big episode again due to multiple reasons.
After this release, it's back to shorter ones at the previous schedule +/-
Sorry about that. Maybe I mix up with the other games I'm keeping tabs. I don't mean to give people false hope, I just thought I remembered it like that so I said what I remembered. Hope I'm not upset you with my mistake. Love your work till the end.

So I just gonna go and delete the post so people don't misunderstand thing. Again, I'm terribly sorry.

Last edited:

Dalish

Mar 18, 2019
Sorry about that. Maybe I mix up with the other games I'm keeping tabs. I don't mean to give people false hope, I just thought I remembered it like that so I said what I remembered. Hope I'm not upset you with my mistake. Love your work till the end.

So I just gonna go and delete the post so people don't misunderstand thing. Again, I'm terribly sorry.
lol I mix up tabs and posts all the time my dude accident's happen.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: The_Hybrid
4.40 star(s) 274 Votes