MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
Erynn is one of my favorites, if something really bad happened to her, i dont know if i can continue playing. I expect this history doent go as dark like happened in Acting Lessons, that shit was unexpected.
Didn't experience Acting Lessons but there was another that just, went horribly wrong so.. this one is kinda brings it back.
Just didn't see things going as dark but, it's still really bad at any rate.
Sometimes things come out of left field to unexpected extremes and this is one of them, certainly has for me.

Allow me to ask You this, ever try Summer Scent?

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
Erynn is one of my favorites, if something really bad happened to her, i dont know if i can continue playing. I expect this history doent go as dark like happened in Acting Lessons, that shit was unexpected.
Man, this was some dark shit. I never played that game again because of that. And I like doing that with other gamers. But my heart is not able to do it.

SolarEclipsed

I may be wrong it happened once.
Donor
Nov 6, 2017
The game is so stupid, espcially for the story of Erynn. Erynn is so stupid that she is blackmailed by the sex video. And she is a slut to sleep with a lot of poeple, it is so disgusting.
You mean she is a slut for sleeping with one person and stupid for being blackmailed by a guy who is torturing her? Great logic there

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
Yeah, i played it for the first time without a guide, and i got the bad ending.
I couldnt play it for a couple of days after that.
I didn't see it coming from miles away.
Shock'n'aw to put it lightly.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
The flashback about Iris and the MC showed that their relationship was incredibly shallow. Most of it was just Iris fishing for complements to boost her ego after being dumped, and the MC just wanted to bang her because he thinks she's hot. They had no chemistry together, and I think the game would be better off without her in it. We really didn't need yet another love interest when we already have several routes that are underdeveloped. I also hate how intrusive, inappropriate, and handsy she is with Alexis.

If the MC goes with Zach to spy on the girls in the shower, the girls are rightfully disgusted with them. But when Iris kisses Alexis (who clearly doesn't want to be kissed) and then later spies on Alexis having sex with the MC (again very clearly against what Alexis wants) it's just laughed off as Iris being a quirky weirdo. Iris makes a move on the MC when Alexis isn't around by saying that she's totally down to have sex with him if he wants, which is another really shitty thing to do to Alexis. Of course, Iris plays it off as a joke when he doesn't bite, and then she asks him to set her up with Erynn. I hope we can just tell her to go kick rocks, because Erynn doesn't need yet another creepy loser who wants to fuck her.
I think you nailed the reason that the flashback was important. It shows Iris's poor boundaries through "how intrusive, inappropriate, and handsy she is." At the very least, it is just added flavor. Although, it could come into play in the future. It is important to note that Nyx removed several scenes and parts of the flashback in order to make the release. Ideally, there is more story coming specific to that flashback.

Reactions: Alfred the Fallen

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Yeah, i played it for the first time without a guide, and i got the bad ending.
I couldnt play it for a couple of days after that.
It's sometimes hard to understand how something that most often is light hearted fun decides to punch you in the gut all of a sudden.
Hopefully Intertwined won't hit us with anything too depressing(it might be make or break it for me), i really like it so far, still have fun with most storylines...

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Are we sure about this? The MC's Mom didn't seem to recognize John at all. You would think Melissa would have told her about him as they seem to share everything. I think John is a potential LI for the MC's mom and that would be really awkward if he turned out to be Erynn's dad. Even for Nyx that seems a bit much...

Maybe, but I would bet one ruble it's not true.

(see what I did there...)
To add to the fodder:
Why else bring John into the second to last scene, saving the MC? Coincidence? Nah. John being Erynn's dad seems to make sense and add to the interconnectedness.

lemartes

Nov 12, 2016
The game is decent, models are fine and all, hope that animated part will be improved framerate wise to match with current games.

Reactions: Laehtsia

DIKs_Steeler

Jan 15, 2022
I tried to read the posts since the update so I don't repeat things, but I kinda gave up and I'll ask for forgiveness if I say some things that are already talked about!

So, first off all, I've been disappointed with the last update for 2 major reasons:

1. The backstory feels REALLY long, when that time should probably go to moving the story ahead. This backstory didn't give us any new information on MC or Iris, it just show us what we already kinda knows: She's the 1st girlfriend who "helped him become who he is" (and that John is f'n awesome).

2. I really, realllllly HATE when a MC act dumb just for the sake of the storyline. The WHOLE storyline with MC/Zach/Ethan was sooooo dumb. Why didn't MC told ANYTHING to "defend" himself in front of Zach? Ethan should get an Oscar? Fuck no, MC should receive a lemon award for worst interaction with an enemy. Why didn't he tell Zach to ask Eryn/Alexis who was bullying who in the past? Or that he left town in part because of him. Why didn't he tell him that Ethan wasn't "flirting with a girl" but physically harrasing Eryn (someone who Zach LOVE very much)? At least, it would've made sense if Ethan whispered in MC ear that he would show Eryn video if MC contradict anything he will say (at the beginning, while Zach talk to the other guys of something like that). MC would've had a reason to be unable to react to any BS thrown to him.

Also, why would we get friendship points with Zach if, in the end, he will always side with Ethan and punch MC? Even if Zach apologize in the future, he cross the line too much in that moment. I feel like Nyx kinda gave up on Zach and will bring back the other friend from the past, since he was shown a lot in this episode (part of the backstory that felt really long. If he comeback, that backstory wouldn't just be for Iris and could make more sense).

I'll try to wrap it up quickly with 2 "theories" that I've seen people talk about:

Eryn's fate: It really feels like a red herring. Eryn story is far from over, so it's pretty much sure she isn't dead. Also, I doubt the game will include a forced rape storyline, that's an HEAVY decision to make that could make people lose interest in the game (since it's not that kind of game, and it's pretty much unavoidable). My guess? She's been drugged BEFORE the show by Ethan so she made a fool of herself at the show and lose credibility. Ethan is seeing that he's losing grip, even with the video treat, so he might just want to make her desperate for opportunities.

John/Iris/Eryn connection: I've seen a lot of people basing this assumption only with the desctiption for Eryn's father being a "blond, tattoo'ed, viking type", but we also have to read between the line and what would make a good storyline. We know that Iris have a crush on Eryn. Iris is someone who love herself, she know she's beautiful, so it would make sense that someone with half her blood could be her type. On John side, he seem to get along really well with Emily, and it's kinda hinting that they might go out to get a drink, or at least there's some interest. Imagine Emily coming back from a date with John and bumping into Melissa? That's the kind of drama that make good story. And it's not like he broke Melissa's heart, so I'm pretty sure she would even be happy for Emily, or at least not angry. And it might be the opening MC need for a moment with Melissa, if she feels alone while her best friend is dating her "ex".

Also, someone said that Melissa would've talk about him to Emily. But she already got Eryn at this point, so the father was someone from 1 year prior to their meeting. They didn't have cellphone or social media in that time, so how would she describe him so perfectly that Emily would recognize him 20 years later? And if Melissa didn't want to talk about the father, since he isn't important for her and Eryn, Emily wouldn't push her to have any details. So it make 100% sense that Emily would've 0 way to connect John with Melissa/Eryn.

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes