NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
How so? How has Erynn been written to screw up things with the other ladies?

How does "it also let look Erynn as silly somehow?"
Since you have requested elaboration I will do my best to extrapolate on my statement, but be aware that it is merely the impression that I get. Erryn is initially introduced just as a pain point, but the first time we actually see her in person she interferes with a pleasant night out that MC is having with Layla. This ends up being a pattern. Regardless of whether or not MC accepts her invitation her inappropriate level of attachment and presumption that he would drop all of his friends to be with her makes Layla feel insecure with him. Next, she is a bone of contention with Alexis. Even though MC is not her boyfriend, and never has been, Alexis doesn't feel comfortable sharing with her that her relationship with the MC is flowering. This causes undue tension in this relationship as well. Again, this seems contrived because to MC Erynn is just the one that got away and they have no real relationship beyond being neighbors. She isn't a love interest in and of herself, but rather a romantic foil. She doesn't seem to have a place in the story that doesn't involve making MC choose between her friendship and romance with the other girls. We get to see the other relationships develop from introductions to the building of affection and affinity, eventually to romance and passion. But everything regarding Erryn is confined to the distant past and is merely uncomfortable in the present while having no apparent future. Her main purpose seems to be to pop up and make the other girls insecure because she is a model. This isn't a flaw in her character, but only in how she has been used to this point.

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
Puma1978, have a question for You.

Ever try switching Gender-Roles just for clearer comprehension on this VN(or any VN for that matter)?

Lets say for example:

MC is a really cute/goodlooking female, slightly younger then her neighbor/childhood closest best bud(Eran, male version of Erynn).

Whom happens to be her first real crush/love of her life.
Grew up with eachother for as long as can be remembered.
Both of You are very near and dear, love eachother like no other friendship ever.

He has a best friend(lets call him Alex, male version of Alexis).

Ofcorse a slightly older female who's always been mean to you(Female version of Ethan)
Lets call her Evilyn.
Is always trying to get You out of the way and belittle you.
Evilyn has always had hots for your favorite guy/person/LI.

Finally the day comes when she(MC) works up the courage asking to be her boyfriend.
He's he's happy and shocked and at the same time.
Evilyn & Alex are looking at something funny on a phone/tablet/device.

Eran says one moment to see what their on about, it's funny, they laugh.
Female MC is crushed and storms off not wanting to speak with any one of them.

She doesn't want to ever look at him again.
Ignores all attempts and phone-calls from Eran trying to talk with her.
When Eran goes to talk with Female-MC, she wants nothing to do with him.
Her father(male version of Emily) says, give her time to cool off.

But she never cools off, only grows more hurt and angered.
Becomes troubled and rebellious increasingly due to this anger/hurt.
Finally ends up moving off with her mom, without a single word.

5 Years later.

Alex(male Alexis) spots Female-MC visiting his cousins store and she's Smoken HOT!
Then .....ends up on a flight with her.
Playing like he does not know who she(female-MC) is.

She(smoken hot female-MC) tells him all about Eran.
What and how it happened, bearing her heart and obviously vulnerable.

Alex(male Alexis), see's the opportunity to get laid.
Doesn't try to console her with what really happened, let alone who he is.
Just wants to fuck her and not tell her the truth.

He's not going to tell his "best friend" Eran.
Maby even sometime down the road when Alex and Eran might attend a Concert together.
Alex will ditch his best friend to take out Hot Female MC.
Not telling either one of them what's really going on.

Ever think from that perspective with the base of this VN fairly the same but Sex/Gender the opposite?
More so, how would that set with You?
How so? How has Erynn been written to screw up things with the other ladies?

How does "it also let look Erynn as silly somehow?"

So far...
It has been my experience that people who dislike Erynn in this thread have completely distorted the facts and the story. They have 'created a bubble universe or religion' around Erynn to explain why they don't like her (as you put it).

A lot of the people who agree with you have said that she just doesn't have the largest share of the story... So far.

We are reading a story which is released in segments. Work-in-progress. The story is being written as we go. We don't have all of the information. Jumping to a conclusion based off limited information is exactly what these people are doing.

"So far, Erynn's character has not been very engaging," would be a legitimate reason to explain why you might choose another LI over Erynn. But to simply say, "Erynn's character is trash because I don't have enough of the story yet..."?
What is true in ur summary and what fits also to my explanation is that so far Erynns story is just not as detailed and engaging written like the one of Lexi. But of course everyone can blow up some details to get to the point she must be the only real LI to MC. And to make sure Erynn is not trash to me but a good childhood friend who i care about. But with current story she is not really a Love Intrest to me.

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
I
Puma1978, have a question for You.

Ever try switching Gender-Roles just for clearer comprehension on this VN(or any VN for that matter)?

Lets say for example:

MC is a really cute/goodlooking female, slightly younger then her neighbor/childhood closest best bud(Eran, male version of Erynn).

Whom happens to be her first real crush/love of her life.
Grew up with eachother for as long as can be remembered.
Both of You are very near and dear, love eachother like no other friendship ever.

He has a best friend(lets call him Alex, male version of Alexis).

Ofcorse a slightly older female who's always been mean to you(Female version of Ethan)
Lets call her Evilyn.
Is always trying to get You out of the way and belittle you.
Evilyn has always had hots for your favorite guy/person/LI.

Finally the day comes when she(MC) works up the courage asking to be her boyfriend.
He's he's happy and shocked and at the same time.
Evilyn & Alex are looking at something funny on a phone/tablet/device.

Eran says one moment to see what their on about, it's funny, they laugh.
Female MC is crushed and storms off not wanting to speak with any one of them.

She doesn't want to ever look at him again.
Ignores all attempts and phone-calls from Eran trying to talk with her.
When Eran goes to talk with Female-MC, she wants nothing to do with him.
Her father(male version of Emily) says, give her time to cool off.

But she never cools off, only grows more hurt and angered.
Becomes troubled and rebellious increasingly due to this anger/hurt.
Finally ends up moving off with her mom, without a single word.

5 Years later.

Alex(male Alexis) spots Female-MC visiting his cousins store and she's Smoken HOT!
Then .....ends up on a flight with her.
Playing like he does not know who she(female-MC) is.

She(smoken hot female-MC) tells him all about Eran.
What and how it happened, bearing her heart and obviously vulnerable.

Alex(male Alexis), see's the opportunity to get laid.
Doesn't try to console her with what really happened, let alone who he is.
Just wants to fuck her and not tell her the truth.

He's not going to tell his "best friend" Eran.
Maby even sometime down the road when Alex and Eran might attend a Concert together.
Alex will ditch his best friend to take out Hot Female MC.
Not telling either one of them what's really going on.

Ever think from that perspective with the base of this VN fairly the same but Sex/Gender the opposite?
More so, how would that set with You?
To be honest it would be more realistic that younger girls like older boys than opposite but u skipped thr scene where Alex went after her and comforted her ( of course u will now call it accidently because later Eran explains also he searched her right after he run away).
Anyway..a real friend or boyfriend would immediatley chase a girl away who is bullying his gf. The fact is that Alex already commited as teenager that he does not like Evylin and til today is not close with her while Eran obviously couldnt get rid of Evilyn until today and even let her manipulate him against his friends.

CrioniC.Syn

Aug 30, 2021
I

To be honest it would be more realistic that younger girls like older boys than opposite but u skipped thr scene where Alex went after her and comforted her ( of course u will now call it accidently because later Eran explains also he searched her right after he run away).
Anyway..a real friend or boyfriend would immediatley chase a girl away who is bullying his gf. The fact is that Alex already commited as teenager that he does not like Evylin and til today is not close with her while Eran obviously couldnt get rid of Evilyn until today and even let her manipulate him against his friends.
Alexis didn't go look for MC to comfort him. She was going home because she didn't want to listen to the bickering between Erynn and Ethan. She saw MC sitting there and asked how he was.
This has been confirmed by Nyx herself on Discord!

Reactions: xXwankerXx

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I

Part of the problem with Erryn is the plot and original setup. In a way she just does not make sense and what she tells and what we are made to believe does not fit her actions and what we have seen both in past and present. Thing is she did chose Ethan in past when MC made his declaration on his birthday. She went to Ethan first, not MC nor even to her so called best friend Alexis if was confused. No, Ethan was her focus there and most important person to her we are shown (whether she went there to argue with him or suck up to him or whatever is said), action and what is shown speaks louder as words, then she has weeks/months to talk to MC if she really wants, but fails and never seeks help nor seems to have ever noticed MC became a problem to Emily or Melissa in that period and connect that to her. Later she somehow breaks up with Ethan and let him wiggle back in her life, despite her best friend not wanting to.

Now if she had a crush on Ethan at that moment in time (vehemently denied by Nyx) or had material reasons to prefer him (not nice, but happens as well) her focus on Ethan over MC would be regrettable from pov of MC and in the end herself since Ethan is a snake, but understandable even if her action were not great. (Then again most of us have fallen for a pretty face and nice smile and forgot a bit about other important people in our lives, it happens and also at way later ages :p) Just a problem with the Erryn now is she seems not to have grown any and still very adept at making worst decision possible every time to keep the drama going Nyx wants in game. :p

Other option would be that MC was not important to Erryn, more or less a stranger she hardly knew. Well in that case she acted pretty well and compassionate and trying to talk with him later and sending him letters, would even be going above and beyond what should be expected of her and very nice.

The problem though is that she was and is not portrayed as someone to whom MC was a stranger she did not know pretty well and had no connection to neither in Mc's memories or how she acts in present. Now we suddenly have a situation where she forgot the birthday of her almost little brother in the way she acts and no one seems to have wanted to celebrate that (Now to be honest nowadays I do not mind passing up my birthday, but as a 12 yo, I would have been livid ad very disappointed), is close to her Mother and Emily but has no clue something is going on with MC for months or even has a clue even now it had to do with that day after not answering her letters ever and never asks for any help from anyone. :p

Now if totally estranged from MC before his birthday that still works (even if that would still have to be shown in game as such), but then why are we to believe she has a claim on MC, also accepted within limits by Alexis, while she moved on with Zane and such (completely acceptable in itself and normal, but then that claim? It is like one of my friends 30 years ago claiming a certain supermodel was his since he saw her cleavage on a pic and he had a wet dream of her :p), Emily and Melssa claiming she missed him so much and even disregarding parts of the more crazy train like her almost blaming MC not being available to take her to prom.

Thing is Nyx is making a very ambitious game, but part of the way she setup game and the drama she wanted, does not help Erryn nor others per se in being more sympathetic or great LI's or partners. It is her game and story though as it should be, but some parts around Erryn and others just need a bit too much plot armor/suspension of disbelieve and explaining everything we see in favor of Erryn to make some of us to feel good about her as an LI (this was even worse before rewrite) and yeah for me Erryn is also helping to make herself so much of a victim I can still feel sympathy for her, since nobody deserves an Ethan in their lives whether male or female, but hardly as someone who is very smart or has high emotional intelligence whatever her age. Together with the above though it makes it almost impossible to see her as a valid partner or LI for me at least and some others. Just too much suspension of disbelieve required at the moment and to me victims are not really sexy or desirable either.

Last edited:

CrioniC.Syn

Aug 30, 2021
Part of the problem with Erryn is the plot and original setup. In a way she just does not make sense and what she tells and what we are made to believe does not fit her actions and what we have seen both in past and present. Thing is she did chose Ethan in past when MC made his declaration on his birthday. She went to Ethan first, not MC nor even to her so called best friend Alexis if was confused. No, Ethan was her focus there and most important person to her we are shown (whether she went there to argue with him or suck up to him or whatever is said), action and what is shown speaks louder as words, then she has weeks/months to talk to MC if she really wants, but fails and never seeks help nor seems to have ever noticed MC became a problem to Emily or Melissa in that period and connect that to her. Later she somehow breaks up with Ethan and let him wiggle back in her life, despite her best friend not wanting to.

Now if she had a crush on Ethan at that moment in time (vehemently denied by Nyx) or had material reasons to prefer him (not nice, but happens as well) her focus on Ethan over MC would be regrettable from pov of MC and in the end herself since Ethan is a snake, but understandable even if her action were not great. (Then again most of us have fallen for a pretty face and nice smile and forgot a bit about other important people in our lives, it happens and also at way later ages :p) Just a problem with the Erryn now is she seems not to have grown any and still very adept at making worst decision possible every time to keep the drama going Nyx wants in game.

Other option would be that MC was not important to Erryn, more or less a stranger she hardly knew. Well in that case she acted pretty well and compassionate and trying to talk with him later and sending him letters, would even be going above and beyond what should be expected of her and very nice.

The problem though is that she was and is not portrayed as someone to whom MC was a stranger she did not know pretty well and had no connection to neither in Mc's memories or how she acts in present. Now we suddenly have a situation where she forgot the birthday of her almost little brother in the way she acts and no one seems to have wanted to celebrate that (Now to be honest nowadays I do not mind passing up my birthday, but as a 12 yo?), is close to her Mother and Emily but has no clue something is going on with MC for months or even has a clue even now it had to do with that day after not answering her letters ever and never asks for any help from anyone. :p

Now if totally estranged from MC before his birthday that still works, but then why are we to believe she has a claim on MC, also accepted within limits by Alexis, while she moved on with Zane and such (completely acceptable in itself and normal, but then that claim? It is like one of my friends 30 years ago claiming a certain supermodel was his since he saw her cleavage and he had a wet dream of her :p), Emily and Melssa claiming she missed him so much and even disregarding parts of the more crazy train like her almost blaming MC not being available to take her to prom.

Thing is Nyx is making a very ambitious game, but part of the way she setup game and the drama she wanted, does not help Erryn nor others per se in being more sympathetic or great LI's or partners. It is her game and story though as it should be, but some parts around Erryn and others just need a bit too much plot armor/suspension of disbelieve and explaining everything we see in favor of Erryn to make some of us to feel good about her as an LI (this was even worse before rewrite) and yeah for me Erryn is also helping to make herself so much of a victim I can still feel sympathy for her, since nobody deserves an Ethan in their lives whether male or female, but hardly as someone who is very smart or has high emotional intelligence whatever her age. Together with the above though it makes it almost impossible to see her as a valid partner or LI for me at least and some others. Just too much suspension of disbelieve required at the moment and to me victims are not really sexy or desirable.
First of all, I'll say that I'm not an Erynn fan myself, so this won't start another Erynn white knighting scenario.
But the things you mention about Erynn and MC on his Birthday are wrong. Her claiming MC is wrong too.
This is in the game and also confirmed by Nyx. People really need to read and stop making up their own stories about what they think happened.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
First of all, I'll say that I'm not an Erynn fan myself, so this won't start another Erynn white knighting scenario.
But the things you mention about Erynn and MC on his Birthday are wrong. Her claiming MC is wrong too.
This is in the game and also confirmed by Nyx. People really need to read and stop making up their own stories about what they think happened.
What Nyx says and what Nyx shows in game are two things, whether she is aware of that is another question though, which may be partly cultural and age differences where I see things differently as she claims to mean them. One of the things I learned though is that peoples actions speak way more truth as their words. Erryn going to Ethan immediately speaks of where her focus is at that moment (confused or not) and it was not Mc nor Alexis whatever is said by Nyx or what she might have intended. That is exactly the point my post makes, the problem is with the drama and plot Nyx wanted. :p It needs a bit too much suspension of disbelieve or plot armor and that does not help certain chars and if want to make them more sympathetic or look better it impacts negatively on others like at rewrite one did wonder why Melissa and Emily sent MC away so quickly if loving and caring Mom.

Her claiming MC is wrong? Well where comes that whole Alexis slagging from then and there being a problem with her going for MC and being a bad friend that Alexis wrestles with herself as well if there is/was no claim?

Last edited:

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
What's the trigger for the truth or dare show the scene where both elena and layla are topless with the MC handling their boobs?

CrioniC.Syn

Aug 30, 2021
What Nyx says and what Nyx shows in game are two things, whether she is aware of that is another question though, which may be partly cultural and age differences where I see things differently as she claims to mean them. One of the things I learned though is that peoples actions speak way more truth as their words. Erryn going to Ethan immediately speaks of where her focus is at that moment and it was not Mc nor Alexis whatever is said by Nyx or what she might have intended. That is exactly the point my post makes. :p

Her claiming MC is wrong? Well where comes that whole Alexis slagging from then and there being a problem with her going for MC and being a bad friend that Alexis wrestles with herself as well?
Erynn was angry because Alexis didn't tell her MC is back, not that they are dating. She actually accepts the dating. This is also confirmed by the Alexis "secret route".

CrioniC.Syn

Aug 30, 2021
Ok... but usually choosing Elena means disregarding Layla points
You only need to tell Layla the truth about Lucas, you'll lose points with Elena, but you can get those points back later when they are "fighting" on the grass.
When you get the scene where Elena asks you to help her train at her place, you're good.

memegamerfun

Jan 20, 2021
It's funny how people get so invested into an adult game that they invent entire stories about the characters and their motivations. Yet those stories are usually more about themselves and their worldview than anything that’s actually happening in the game.

It’s funny, but also highlights just how awesome this game is!

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
You only need to tell Layla the truth about Lucas, you'll lose points with Elena, but you can get those points back later when they are "fighting" on the grass.
When you get the scene where Elena asks you to help her train at her place, you're good.
thanks

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
the Alexis "secret route".
I wonder how you can choose that path on a first playthrough. At this point you weren't interested in her (you could have flirted and fucked in the plane). But knowing she's a childhood friend and pushed by Erynn makes you change your mind?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Erynn was angry because Alexis didn't tell her MC is back, not that they are dating. She actually accepts the dating. This is also confirmed by the Alexis "secret route".
Yeah and that is exactly what I mean, there is a whole path full of drama and soul searching from Alexis while suddenly. Nah no claim I am just mad you did not tell me MC was here. Like Alexis is some freak that it was all in her head that Erryn was interested in Mc and put out some claim, just her mistake. :p Also disregarding some of theE rryn crazy train remarks that suddenly have no meaning.

Same as with the blackmail, Erryn acts more or less like that tape is the most shameful thing that could ever happen to her as if she grew up in a ultra conservative environment. :p That while she is the child of a single mother and her BFF Alexis, well we know what she did with MC at start of game. :p It just does not really fit as an ultra conservative environment where those closest to her would be extremely judgmental of her.

Sure that tape is horrible and would be no help with her chosen career path, but as Avaron explained from her own womanly view the choice Erryn made is even worse as letting it come out in public and not only for her career that is still years and years away, but also immediately. The real weird thing is though that she seems unable to even talk about it with those closest to her or ask their help. Neither now or in past with MC. Now pride might play a part (more likely the drama needed though) and not wanting to hear you were stupid, but neither Alexis, Emily or Melissa are portrayed as people that would shut out Erryn for something like sex with her Bf that was taped or in Melissa's case likely anything she ever would do.

Last edited:

CrioniC.Syn

Aug 30, 2021
Yeah and that is exactly what I mean, there is a whole path full of drama and soul searching from Alexis while suddenly. Nah no claim I am just mad you did not tell me MC was here. Like Alexis is some freak that it was all in her head that Erryn was interested in Mc and put out some claim, just her mistake. :p

Same as with the blackmail, Erryn acts more or less like that tape is the most shameful thing that could ever happen to her as if she grew up in a ultra conservative environment. :p That while she is the child of a single mother and her BFF Alexis, well we know what she did with MC at start of game. :p It just does not really fit as an ultra conservative environment where those closest to her would be extremely judgmental of her.

Sure that tape is horrible and would be no help with her chosen career path, but as Avaron explained from her own womanly view the choice Erryn made is even worse as letting it come out in public and not only for her career that is still years and years away, but also immediately. The real weird thing is though that she seems unable to even talk about it with those closest to her or ask their help. Neither now or in past. Now pride might play a part (more likely the drama needed though) and not wanting to hear you were stupid, but neither Alexis, Emily or Melissa are portrayed as people that would shut out Erryn for something like sex with her Bf that was taped or in Melissa's case likely anything she ever would do.
If you haven't been in the exact same situation, you can't comprehend what's really going on in someone's head. And even if, every person handles situations differently.
But let's agree to disagree and move to another subject, this has been discussed to boredom.
And if you want the real answers to your questions, message Nyx herself. It's always best to go to the source. That's what I do.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
If you haven't been in the exact same situation, you can't comprehend what's really going on in someone's head. And even if, every person handles situations differently.
But let's agree to disagree and move to another subject, this has been discussed to boredom.
And if you want the real answers to your questions, message Nyx herself. It's always best to go to the source. That's what I do.
That first remark is only true partly especially if you have some first hand knowledge of similar things happening to people around you, but even then the way someone does react to them and accepts to keep it secret does say something about them as well. Whether that is out of panic, shame or whatever reason and we as players from our own pov will react more favorable or accepting of that or less.

The only real and best answer in my eyes the is final version of the game and answers that are in game. :) Like with that director that had to explain his movie because 99% of spectators did not understand him, failed to understand that he was wrong and not his viewers. His movie just failed in the end to show what he intended and that was his fault and not of that of the viewers or he would not have needed to explain it to 99% of them. :) Remarks outside of game even from the dev only have limited meaning if game does not support those remarks enough and this game also suffers a bit from that especially in the plotlines surrounding Erryn.

Not like I would do or would have done a better job as Nyx though, just she wrote herself a bit in corner with past events and it will not be easy for her to make that work really well even after rewrite since for that she would have to make some chars much more unlikable to save others as she tried a bit with the rewrite to improve views on Erryn at the cost of Emily. It will be interesting to see though if at the end she will succeed in that and believe it or not I am rooting for her to succeed. :p

CrioniC.Syn

Aug 30, 2021
That first remark is only true partly especially if you have some first hand knowledge of similar things happening to people around you, but even then the way someone does react to them and accepts to keep it secret does say something about them as well. Whether that is out of panic, shame or whatever reason and we as players from our own pov will react more favorable or accepting of that or less.

The only real and best answer in my eyes the is final version of the game and answers that are in game. :) Like with that director that had to explain his movie because 99% of spectators did not understand him, failed to understand that he was wrong and not his viewers. His movie just failed in the end to show what he intended and that was his fault and not of that of the viewers or he would not have needed to explain it to 99% of them. :) Remarks outside of game even from the dev only have limited meaning if game does not support those remarks enough and this game also suffers a bit from that especially in the plotlines surrounding Erryn.

Not like I would do or would have done a better job as Nyx though, just she wrote herself a bit in corner with past events and it will not be easy for her to make that work really well even after rewrite since for that she would have to make some chars much more unlikable to save others as she tried a bit with the rewrite to improve views on Erryn at the cost of Emily. It will be interesting to see though if at the end she will succeed in that and believe it or not I am rooting for her to succeed. :p
The facts were all in the story already though. Some people don't pick up on them, some do.
I've never heard about a rewrite. One choice has been moved to a later point in the story because you didn't have much info yet to make a big decision. Story-wise, nothing's changed.
Who says every character needs to be likeable also? Maybe Erynn isn't written to be likeable?

Succeed or not. I think she did already, especially for a first project. Lots of people enjoying/playing/discussing it.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
The facts were all in the story already though. Some people don't pick up on them, some do.
I've never heard about a rewrite. One choice has been moved to a later point in the story because you didn't have much info yet to make a big decision. Story-wise, nothing's changed.
Who says every character needs to be likeable also? Maybe Erynn isn't written to be likeable?

Succeed or not. I think she did already, especially for a first project. Lots of people enjoying/playing/discussing it.
Last is true and if remember. this is her first game as well it is incredibly ambitious and quite a miracle she made it work as well as she did already :), but if not aware some of the events around the offering of the rose and amount of time between when MC was sent of to his not-dad were amended and shortened. If remember right it was about update 0.6 into 0.65 when it was also needed to replay game.

Though this is just my bet and all on my head, I do think Nyx wants/wanted Erryn to be liked by players though and likable, partly based on that rewrite. :p I may be wrong though.

4.40 star(s) 273 Votes