CrioniC.Syn

Aug 30, 2021
Last is true and if remember. this is her first game as well it is incredibly ambitious and quite a miracle she made it work as well as she did already :), but if not aware some of the events around the offering of the rose and amount of time between when MC was sent of to his not-dad were amended and shortened. If remember right it was about update 0.6 into 0.65 when it was also needed to replay game.

Though this is just my bet and all on my head, I do think Nyx wants/wanted Erryn to be liked by players though and likable, partly based on that rewrite. :p I may be wrong though.
Here you go:
1652883363358.png
If you still doubt, go ask yourself.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Here you go:
View attachment 1817633
If you still doubt, go ask yourself.
Well I played them both and whatever Nyx says there was a strong shortening of the time in which MC was sent away to Andres and a few other things, not just coding. I can even remember someone else correcting me in this forum on that time inbetween cause it was shortened and he surmised I had not played the rewrite yet at that moment because I was still using the old time frame and corrected me on the new one. :p Just as that there was a discussion in those days that it did not really show Emily in a great light, since that time was quite short.

Edit: It could be that Nyx did not see it as a rewrite though, but some things did change that were more as just details. :)

Last edited:

CrioniC.Syn

Aug 30, 2021
Well I played them both and whatever Nyx says there was a strong shortening of the time in which MC was sent away to Andres and a few other things, not just coding. I can even remember someone else correcting me in this forum on that time inbetween cause it was shortened and he surmised I had not played the rewrite yet at that moment because I was still using the old time frame and corrected me on the new one. :p Just as that there was a discussion in those days that it did not really show Emily in a great light, since that time was quite short.

Edit: It could be that Nyx did not see it as a rewrite though, but some things did change that were more as just details. :)
A month has been changed to a few weeks. Which could still be the same. If that's a rewrite and changes your whole perspective about 2 characters, so be it.
I'd rather ask the dev for questions than people on this forum. To each their own.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
A month has been changed to a few weeks. Which could still be the same. If that's a rewrite and changes your whole perspective about 2 characters, so be it.
I'd rather ask the dev for questions than people on this forum. To each their own.
Well like I said I played both and it was more then that and if you wish you can reread the discussions around that time if do not wish to take my words for it, that are partly still the same discussions as now and it was more as two weeks difference, quite a bit more. Why else do you think it became a discussion in the first place and weirded people including me since so short period suddenly like Emily was almost looking for a reason to ditch MC as soon as he first acted like an adolescent and was a problem. :p

Reactions: Cavanhaquis

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
Alexis didn't go look for MC to comfort him. She was going home because she didn't want to listen to the bickering between Erynn and Ethan. She saw MC sitting there and asked how he was.
This has been confirmed by Nyx herself on Discord!
Anyway...Nyx gave to Alexis more attention and a more logic and dense storyline through whole game if u stick with her. If she wants to turn tables to focus on a deep relationship between Mc and Erynn i think she must add more engaging content to Erynn in future updates. Maybe to show in a flashback that Erynn was the first kiss of MC before Alexis or show how she cared about him as kids or that she still keeps the flower somewhere in her room. Currently she appears more like a sister to me and since i am not into incest i would never approach her as GF. Especially if she cant get rid in all those years of a moron like Ethan even before he got the tape. but of course she is accepted as a childhood friend wo i want to help and talk to about problems.

CrioniC.Syn

Aug 30, 2021
Well like I said I played both and it was more then that and if you wish you can reread the discussions around that time if do not wish to take my words for it, that are partly still the same discussions as now and it was more as two weeks difference, quite a bit more. Why else do you think it became a discussion in the first place and weirded people including me since so short period suddenly like Emily was almost looking for a reason to ditch MC as soon as he first acted like an adolescent and was a problem. :p
Why would I need to reread the forum if I have the script from version 0.1 and the 0.5.5 in front of me and see what's changed?
The time has shortened, not increased. Meaning people should be even more furious about Emily?
Anyway, I'm not going to react anymore. If you want to be right. You are right!

• Angry
Reactions: Ariostebaldo

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Why would I need to reread the forum if I have the script from version 0.1 and the 0.5.5 in front of me and see what's changed?
The time has shortened, not increased. Meaning people should be even more furious about Emily?
Anyway, I'm not going to react anymore. If you want to be right. You are right!
That is what I said the time was shortened and yeah that did make people wonder about Emily, what loving Mom or Dad for that sends her kid to her estranged ex, who is not even his dad after just two weeks of problems and without seriously trying to find out what was the cause of change?

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
you just avoid telling them about dating the other one.
layla cries and lexi insults MC. they leave and MC is dumped.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Since you have requested elaboration I will do my best to extrapolate on my statement, but be aware that it is merely the impression that I get.
Thanks for attempting to explain your point of view. I made the following comment:
It has been my experience that people who dislike Erynn in this thread have completely distorted the facts and the story. They have 'created a bubble universe or religion' around Erynn to explain why they don't like her (as you put it).
That seems to be accurate in your reasoning.
For example, you state:
Erryn is initially introduced just as a pain point, but the first time we actually see her in person she interferes with a pleasant night out that MC is having with Layla.
This, of course, is not the case. The first time we see Erynn is as a flashback of the MC telling the story to Alexis. The NEXT time we see Erynn, she is talking with her mom. Then, we see her in the scene at the bar.
Here you state:
...she interferes with a pleasant night out that MC is having with Layla. Regardless of whether or not MC accepts her invitation her inappropriate level of attachment and presumption that he would drop all of his friends to be with her makes Layla feel insecure with him.
Here you have a CHOICE to stay with Layla and company or go with Erynn. How does Erynn make "Layla feel insecure with him?" What is illustrated or stated in the visual novel that indicates to you that Layla feels insecure with the MC?

In every playthrough I did, Layla and Erynn are happy to see each other. If you choose to leave with Erynn, Layla says that they will be fine. If you choose to stay with Layla, Erynn says she understands and leaves sadly. Layla actually says, "she looks sad." Remember an important piece here, Erynn is clueless about why the MC ghosted her and hasn't spoken to her in years. The issues being illustrated here belong to the MC — no one else.

Then you claim that Erynn causes undue tension in her relationship with Alexis because Alexis does not feel comfortable sharing her growing love for the MC! Except, the real reason for this tension is because Alexis is hiding the relationship FROM Erynn because she feels guilty about it.

Then, there is this whole mess to round it out:
[Erynn] isn't a love interest in and of herself, but rather a romantic foil. She doesn't seem to have a place in the story that doesn't involve making MC choose between her friendship and romance with the other girls. We get to see the other relationships develop from introductions to the building of affection and affinity, eventually to romance and passion. But everything regarding Erryn is confined to the distant past and is merely uncomfortable in the present while having no apparent future.
The entire story starts out with a flashback about the MC and Erynn. This is a story about the MC and Erynn. Throughout the entire story, there are numerous girls competing for his affection. Their entire purpose is to cause conflict and release as potential love interests. Will the MC choose the love of his dreams? The girl next door? Or will he choose a new love?

Her main purpose seems to be to pop up and make the other girls insecure because she is a model. This isn't a flaw in her character, but only in how she has been used to this point.
And here is where you attempt to say the problem is how Nyx is using Erynn as a plot device in the story. I would say that the support above shows that the problem is you misunderstanding what the plot of the story is. The relationship between the MC and Erynn IS the plot. Erynn is a protagonist. All the other girls are potential love interests.

This, in no way, detracts from the fact that you have a right to your opinion. You can choose to like or dislike a character for whatever reason you feel works. But your claims and the claims of many of the people that have written large paragraphs attempting to illustrate their reasoning are all based on false claims. Nothing in the story actually supports any part of your entire explanation. I do not understand why this is so difficult. The story is written at a level that is easily understood, at least for most native English speakers. Perhaps, English is not your primary language. Perhaps, many of the people making ridiculous claims about the story are people who never actually read the story. There seems to be no other explanation.

I would attempt to understand other people's long dissertations on why they believe Erynn is <insert random belief here>. But it appears to be almost entirely the work of trolling. I appreciate your explanation and your taking the time.

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
I haven't started the new episode. As a chick, I say Erynn is an idiot. She's an idiot for remaining friends with an absolute asshole, Ethan. She should have told him to fuck off the moment he insulted the MC when they were young teenagers.

Also, MC is an idiot for being friends with Zach. He's pathetic, a loser, and beyond creepy.

Last edited:

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
it felt worse seeing layla like this than seeing erynn behind the dumpster
look at her :(
poor lays :(
It's sad to see Layla's reaction, but at least you can avoid that scene by being HONEST with the sisters before getting caught trying to be casanova.

In Erynn's case... no matter what you do, the last scene is always the same. For me knowing that your childhood friend is laying behind a dumpster, possibly drugged and raped, is far worse. People can like or dislike Erynn, but ending up like that is something nobody deserves.

4.40 star(s) 272 Votes