Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Well, he overreacted at 12 when he decided to act out because Erynn rejected him. Then, if you don't go for Nikki or Cara, the MC angrily accuses his dad of cheating on Haley (with no proof)... I am sure there are other times but as I said it is early on in this game IMO.
I don't count a 12 years old as relevant for his current self.

But yeah, hopefully this is just the beginning. As I have said before, I try to measure things for what I think they are. This is a more serious, dramatic VN that most you can find here. That was essentially my comment. If we were talking about Ecchi sensei, that is a parodic VN, I would not care at all MC is almost perfect.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well, he overreacted at 12 when he decided to act out because Erynn rejected him. Then, if you don't go for Nikki or Cara, the MC angrily accuses his dad of cheating on Haley (with no proof)... I am sure there are other times but as I said it is early on in this game IMO.
Well did he overreact for a 12 yo whose world had come to an end? His never really have gotten past it over the years is a worse sign though and pretty much a sign he is not that perfect.

RohanPrince

Feb 26, 2018
You should replay Ch5, the flashback scene is shown more accurately, the only cunt is that asshole Ethan, who's such an "Alpha" male that he's jealous of a little kid. He seems to be just a pathetic simp who can't take a hint. Hope Nyx will let us pull a Mike Tyson on his and Lucas' asses. No more beatings Nyx, pls.:cry:

Erynn wanted to explain to him the nature of their "relationship", but the idiot decided to leave rather than hear her out (guess all the beatings fucked up his lil' brain). The fucker Ethan didn't let her follow the MC, implying that he's either her manager or he's blackmailing her with something.:unsure: Erynn's reaction to MC's question about her having a BF in 0.4 was quite suggestive, guess the asshole blackmails her or she really regrets dating a "bad boi" aka a toxic cunt.

Well from MC's perspective, Erynn did turn him down for Ethan. Ethan used to make fun of him, but she still never helped him outright when they were children. So yeah, I still hope to see a revenge path on Erynn. The main problem with Alexis is like break of trust, she knew who he was, but she kept silent.

I will be honest, I didn't play v0.5 again, because I already played it more than twice trying to get some kind of revenge path:(. But I still believe, that a person who denies someone who likes/loves them for someone else, and only decided to give them a chance when they are treated badly by the one they rejected them for don't deserve a second chance from the person who had true feelings for them.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I don't count a 12 years old as relevant for his current self.

But yeah, hopefully this is just the beginning. As I have said before, I try to measure things for what I think they are. This is a more serious, dramatic VN that most you can find here. That was essentially my comment. If we were talking about Ecchi sensei, that is a parodic VN, I would not care at all MC is almost perfect.
Some of it is how the player makes the MC act... I mean if you choose for him to stay and drink and then fuck a stranger...Or fuck Tori... Perhaps there will be more as we go along, also Nyx is doing a bit of tweaking for 5.5 so maybe more will be added to that?

Well did he overreact for a 12 yo whose world had come to an end? His never really have gotten past it over the years is a worse sign though and pretty much a sign he is not that perfect.
Well, I don't see someone laughing at you when you confess feelings to be "whole world had come to an end" but that's just me.

And yeah, the fact that he still holds that grudge or basically ghosted everyone for 5 years as more of a flaw...

Reactions: Ayhsel and Ragnar

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Well that is the point, right? he is not even that hot headed if when being taunted he can so easily joke about. He was only overreacting as far as I can tell in this chapter, when he saw mom kissing her friend and arguably when he learned that Alexis knew who he was (not sure how I would react in that case). Other than that, am I missing something? in previous chapter there is anything I can tell..

What other flaws he has?
Nah, he was that way when he was a kid too, remember how he got in trouble after confessing to Erynn.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well from MC's perspective, Erynn did turn him down for Ethan. Ethan used to make fun of him, but she still never helped him outright when they were children. So yeah, I still hope to see a revenge path on Erynn. The main problem with Alexis is like break of trust, she knew who he was, but she kept silent.

I will be honest, I didn't play v0.5 again, because I already played it more than twice trying to get some kind of revenge path:(. But I still believe, that a person who denies someone who likes/loves them for someone else, and only decided to give them a chance when they are treated badly by the one they rejected them for don't deserve a second chance from the person who had true feelings for them.
I do not know yet what Erynn deserves or not. I do think it does not paint her as the sweetest 15 yo female that ever walked the Earth, there are also quite a lot of other things we do not know yet that might shine a different light on her but seem weird now. One of those is that her stupidly thinking Ethan was a great guy has cost her quite a lot already and she is the tragic heroine in this story. That is just one possible theory yet.

Reactions: aragh

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
Great game, something that bugs me is that I am unable to name my saves. When I opened the game yesterday I didn't remember which save was for each girl.
What do you do or what way to save the game do you've that cannot find the last save? I don't get it. Plus all the saved ones have date, time and image

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC only had one gurl at any given time in his life, those being fleeting on ofs.
will we have to pick one single girl
She had MC suddenly turn dark on her, like grey hulk or smth ... MC remembers that much.
her behaviour is a little troubling
MC confesses to himself while remembering that he shut himself off to Erynn and all her new school friends:
that choice to suffer alone and never confront Erynn while seeing her with Ethan, never breaking his jaw,
never giving some more flowers to Erynn, never asking his or her mom, they both adored him,
but he never asked them for any help with his babe crush, possibly out of shame, guilt,
self doubt, cooked into his delusions and not strong enough to admit it to others and get better,
all that shut off includes Alexis, who MC never gave any light of day, because it was mean in his mind to
say she thought it was cute, when Mc was being serious and was banking on strenghtening his bond to Erynn.
react that weird to MC
MC did not want to have any contact to his other world, not even his mom, so no, there was no reconciliation.
Erynn had a mom who was very close to MCs mom, they knew he was fuming, he was left to fume in peace.
It is not like MC had been swallowed by the Earth and she could not get his contact details
She had a play buddy she used to do everything with, then he wanted to step up their relationship
right at that time ethan made love look like jerks and swirls and insults and harassment.
Of course she wanted nothing of another lover like ethan.
She wanted her sweet lovable MC who was goofy and she could confide and do little heart warming
stuff together, but MC got hotheaded, he wanted her to be his girlfriend, he wanted her to see him like
ethan, so he lost her, because she hated ethan.
she does not seem to be very happy with how her life turned out and has some weird crush on MC
That is the horrid truth with gurls. They are stubborn and even though stale and boring,
they still want MC to come with the banter, with the common discussion topics, with a life for them.
her weird behaviour and obsession with the MC is her way of flirting
MC tells that he was angry and bad to everyone, to Erynn, to his mom, all on the plane.
MC is not that bright either, Alexis initiates everything.
I am hoping that Nyx explains why they never had contact
Erynn is as crazy as the MC, they grew up together, their blood curdles thicker than watter!
like crazy, acts like crazy it is crazy
Dad had all the contact, gave his mom all the access, Mc wanted to stay pissed at everyone!
Remember his mom pushed him out towards his dad, because he was a troublemaker.
He left angry and abandonned, sick of Eyrinn for not becoming his lover,
sick of his mom always scolding him, sick of Eyrinns friends, including Alexis, who distracted her from him.
Suddenly, she was out with her school buddies, with ethan even, and not playing around his house anymore.
no 1 knew the number and if his dad had no contact with his mom
Here is hope he puts the address on a bumper sticker and sells it all over the world, so babes can come visit!
live in a cave as a hermit
They are welcome both any time or at different times, so they can each enjoy MC for the throbbing hunk he is!
go back to Cara or Nikki and live happily ever after

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Nah, he was that way when he was a kid too, remember how he got in trouble after confessing to Erynn.
I would more say that was the catalyst for how we now perceive him.

What do you do or what way to save the game do you've that cannot find the last save? I don't get it. Plus all the saved ones have date, time and image
I have 8 saves for this...so yeah...it's a useful feature (though I have my saves detailed in a spreadsheet too...many don't want to take notes). Many VN's go 3+ months between updates and regardless of path/LI have the same end update screen, so yes, being able to name saves is very useful and is a basic feature all renpy VN's should really have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragnar

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Some of it is how the player makes the MC act... I mean if you choose for him to stay and drink and then fuck a stranger...Or fuck Tori... Perhaps there will be more as we go along, also Nyx is doing a bit of tweaking for 5.5 so maybe more will be added to that?
That is a good point. I have not followed Tori as I don't find her attractive at all, no idea why, and I tried to play as I trying to get into character, so maybe my "character" was the one at fault.

I still thinks there are some characteristics that are intrinsic to a person, specially, flaws. That is why they are so hard to correct. But I admit that is a fair point.

I am more than interesting to see what happens. Also, is mom going to be available? One of the few milfs I would really love to fuck. Again, not a milf cliche character!
I don't want people holding me accountable for how I behaved a year ago, I am not holding him accountable for how he reacted when as a kid he had his heart broken.

Reactions: MrFriendly

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
I would more say that was the catalyst for how we now perceive him.

I have 8 saves for this...so yeah...it's a useful feature (though I have my saves detailed in a spreadsheet too...many don't want to take notes). Many VN's go 3+ months between updates and regardless of path/LI have the same end update screen.
I wish had so few. I'm one of those who save dozens in each game. I don't go to say anything about other games like BADIK cuz every time open the folder I get lagged

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I wish had so few. I'm one of those who save dozens in each game. I don't go to say anything about other games like BADIK cuz every time open the folder I get lagged
What has badik to with anything? So..you have 'dozens of saves'....and you're trying to tell us you can remember exactly what save is what decision/route/path/LI off memory alone with no other notes etc? Right...you're a more impressive man than I.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
They are all still in school, for some nonsensical reason. Eyrinn is not, as it seems.
So all the school buddies are now MCs buddies and seeing how easy he gets gurls
to give him a good time, he could understand where Eyrin was coming from
when she was his age and had no time for her childhood friend.

Now it is Mc the one who does not actually want to give Eyrin the light of day,
such a turn of events, now he is the asshole Eyrin seemed to him, now he is the
one having all these sweet babes swirming around him,
but does not waNT eYRIN NEAR HIM

MC comes full of resentment and keeps resenting Eyrin, even after they reconcile:
MC says he is sorry, MC tells her his adventures.

Eyrinn does what MC should have done - she goes after him, she chases him,
she wants him in her life.

When you think about that, yes, MC was wrong to hastily paint Eyrin and her new foud friends,
including Alexis, by the way, as horrible people for not accepting him.

Mc should have been the same childhood friend and give Eyrin his love and attention.
What if she did not agree to be his lover?

the person who had true feelings for them.
She had the same circle of friends or class mates or school mates and she chould not escape it.
This does not make her any brighter or any guiltier than the MC.
He just said he hated everybody, mom, Eyrinn, Alexis, then got booted out to his dad.
One of those is that her stupidly thinking Ethan was a great guy has cost her quite a lot already and she is the tragic heroine in this story

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
messing around with multiple women at a time is not at least morally questionable to you ? sure non are officially his girlfriend but you'd be singing a different tune if the girls did the same.
No I would not, precisely because there was not, forget official, even discussion about what they were doing. I would not be happy they are fucking somebody else, but I would not consider them morally questionable. It is only morally wrong when you betray the other's trust.

Reactions: DA22

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
And that's fine, but like Maviarab said traumatic events during childhood can leave a mark for the rest of your life.
True, but thing is I loved how he reacted as a child. Precisely my point was that he was not as much like than as he got older. Obviously, you can assume that he grew up, but I would still expect some flaws to remain.

I liked this update precisely because MC was angry, I dislike this update because Erynn suggested she was already in love with him. I wanted her to keep refusing MC for several times now too... she was my main objective. Now she is tied with Alexis, as I love the tough situation Alexis put herself into when she decided to fuck her best friend's LI.

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes