Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Well, this shit happens if ya don't work with regulary Auto-Backup to extern Backup drives. Thats why i have setup an really old pc as backup machine.
If she still has HDD, which I suppose, she should really think about getting an SSD instead. Also wonder if her casing is an older model, otherwise a new one with multiple fans would help a lot.

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
Well, either she's unlucky as hell with her hardware, either she's biting more than her hardware can chew with her rendering.

Or people counseling her, PC-wise, don't know what they're talking about.
Probably a mixture of all three. If I remember correctly, this is her first project and doesn't have a background in anything related to game development. Wouldn't be a stretch to infer that she has limited knowledge in software/hardware maintenance as well.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
If she still has HDD, which I suppose, she should really think about getting an SSD instead. Also wonder if her casing is an older model, otherwise a new one with multiple fans would help a lot.
That her machine still had spinning rust as the boot drive would suggest to me that it's pretty old. I did a refit a bit over a year ago to my favorite computer in order to gift it to a friend. 1st gen i7(6-core) on an EVGA board with 24GB memory. It performed great in almost all respects, but due to the generational age did have a few shortcomings. I ended up adding a USB3 card, which I ran to the case ports, and an NVMe adapter. Slipped in a 2TB WD on it, and then finally added in my 2080 card (I had recently moved to a 3090).

Yes, it's still "old", but it's been kicking ass for my friend over her much newer "gaming laptop" (what an oxymoron). Some days I am still a little upset with myself for giving it away, but you can get so much more longevity out of machines if you have even half a clue what you're doing with them.

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021

Right after I created the previous post, my pc became really slow. I couldn't do anything. I reset the pc, it made some weird noises and I got an error that a HD failure is imminent. I guess my HD crashed or something.

Since it's Sunday, I can't contact anyone to see what I can do about it.

Luckily, most of the data is on my 2nd HD except for the newest script. But I hope I can save everything somehow.
I'll contact support tomorrow and hopefully, it's a quicker fix than the problems with the GFX.
I'll keep you up to date once I know more. Sorry about this.
shoot-computer.gif

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020

Right after I created the previous post, my pc became really slow. I couldn't do anything. I reset the pc, it made some weird noises and I got an error that a HD failure is imminent. I guess my HD crashed or something.

Luckily, most of the data is on my 2nd HD except for the newest script. But I hope I can save everything somehow.
I'll contact support tomorrow and hopefully, it's a quicker fix than the problems with the GFX.
Nices story bro but

tydog99

Apr 26, 2022

This girl seems like the queen of excuses. There's always something else going on with her lol. She's either full of it or incredibly unlucky / has no clue what she's doing when it comes to PCs. Which I don't believe.

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
This girl seems like the queen of excuses. There's always something else going on with her lol. She's either full of it or incredibly unlucky / has no clue what she's doing when it comes to PCs. Which I don't believe.
And why not, what's it to you ?

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
I like this game / story but the nonsence with Ethan has to stop ASAP. It is still mind bogging that no-one has figured it out that a simple recording of Ethan saying his bullshit about Erin - who by the way has all the right in the world to have sex with her boyfriend, is all they need to go to the cops and end it. I know the Dev's want to pad their stories with these ridiculous intrigue but thats not what people are here for - most come (I believe to live in a fantasy for a short period of time) we don't want to constantly be reminded of how sick the world really is
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
I like this game / story but the nonsence with Ethan has to stop ASAP. It is still mind bogging that no-one has figured it out that a simple recording of Ethan saying his bullshit about Erin - who by the way has all the right in the world to have sex with her boyfriend, is all they need to go to the cops and end it. I know the Dev's want to pad their stories with these ridiculous intrigue but thats not what people are here for - most come (I believe to live in a fantasy for a short period of time) we don't want to constantly be reminded of how sick the world really is
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes, Erynn did have right to have sex with her boyfriend Zane and Ethan made bad move on recording them. IRL in some states that's illegal and you could end upd in jail. However, even though Erynn is my fav girl here, she is stupid. She blindely believed Ethan that have sex tape of her and Zane without ever seeing video. On her own she never got this idea to set up Ethan and get his confesion, like audio and video tape, perhaps some witness like Alexis or someone neutral and report him to the cops. And this is the part that bothers me. She waited her knight in shining armour (MC or someone else) to save her because she can't figure things on her own. I doubt that even Zane is aware of the video and i wouldn't blame guy if he didn't want to have anything with her because of the way Erynn threated him, ditching him on prom without proper explanation or even telling him that he also is in this video. She imidiately concluded that Ethan and Zane probably conspired so Ethan could get his sex tape.

Edit : Just corected Zach > Zane

Last edited:

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Yes, Erynn did have right to have sex with her boyfriend Zach and Ethan made bad move on recording them. IRL in some states that's illegal and you could end upd in jail. However, even though Erynn is my fav girl here, she is stupid. She blindely believed Ethan that have sex tape of her and Zach without ever seeing video. On her own she never got this idea to set up Ethan and get his confesion, like audio and video tape, perhaps some witness like Alexis or someone neutral and report him to the cops. And this is the part that bothers me. She waited her knight in shining armour (MC or someone else) to save her because she can't figure things on her own. I doubt that even Zach is aware of the video and i wouldn't blame guy if he didn't want to have anything with her because of the way Erynn threated him, ditching him on prom without proper explanation or even telling him that he also is in this video. She imidiately concluded that Ethan and Zach probably conspired so Ethan could get his sex tape.
I believe the guy's name was Zane not Zach

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Yes, Erynn did have right to have sex with her boyfriend Zane and Ethan made bad move on recording them. IRL in some states that's illegal and you could end upd in jail. However, even though Erynn is my fav girl here, she is stupid. She blindely believed Ethan that have sex tape of her and Zane without ever seeing video. On her own she never got this idea to set up Ethan and get his confesion, like audio and video tape, perhaps some witness like Alexis or someone neutral and report him to the cops. And this is the part that bothers me. She waited her knight in shining armour (MC or someone else) to save her because she can't figure things on her own. I doubt that even Zane is aware of the video and i wouldn't blame guy if he didn't want to have anything with her because of the way Erynn threated him, ditching him on prom without proper explanation or even telling him that he also is in this video. She imidiately concluded that Ethan and Zane probably conspired so Ethan could get his sex tape.

Edit : Just corected Zach > Zane
yeah well this debate was had 18 months ago...
and when i had it 18 months ago i was 3 to 6 months late!
By the way this is Zane... he forgot to shave!

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes