215303j

Hmmm .... please do tell more :))
The MC in DoD is a priviledged rich kid who has a terrible attitude. He can get everything and everyone he wants, except (at first) his sister.

The MC in IR is a hard-working but reasonably successful guy, who wants his best for both his wife and his daughter.

BobJenkins

Nov 21, 2017
This is the second time I've seen a developer state that they're leaving this site in the last two or three weeks. I forget the other person's name, but he is just getting his start, reworking a previously abandoned game. He ended up coming back after about a day. Ptolemy is a seasoned dev and from previous posts here seems to be pretty level headed, so for him to say he's had enough is really something. I hope to see you come back in @Ptolemy. Maybe after a few days away you'll change your mind.

Personally I've been enjoying Intimate Relations. I didn't have much of an issue with the last update aside from two random error screens. Ptolemy said himself that things would be ramping up because that's how he understands relationships like this(not incestuous, but volatile) play out. Maybe people forgot about that comment.

Reactions: Kendra

Frank01

Feb 3, 2018
That was exactly the impression I had as well. I know he's had a lot on his plate lately; trying to finish off Dana, getting another concept up and running, working on the new patcher and starting a new job on top of all that. So I can understand a temporary dip in quality, but as I said I still can't help but be a little disappointed.

I wouldn't go that far, yes this update is uncharacteristic but dropping support over a single disappointing update when he has a long proven track record is incredibly harsh and unfair IMO. He's one of the hardest working developers out there, I've been backing him for over a year and will continue to do so.
If patrons don't vote with their wallets, then devs have no incentive to improve their quality. It's not like the Devs take any of the constructive feedback here seriously (see below), and tend to label anything that isn't glowing as toxic. More toxic than 4chan? That would violate the laws of physics. We can always reup if the next update is good.

I honestly don't know what has happened to this site.

When I first came here, yes the people were pirates, but they were also pleasant, and gave constructive criticism. But Irredeemable is right. This shit has turned more toxic than 4chan. Maybe I should of taken the hint when Morph, and Spooky left.
Anyway, I'm out.
Best of luck.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
I would like to say for the record, I am not speaking on behalf of Ptolemy.

However, just imagine you spend 1-5 hours per render, 150 renders per update.

You spend 2-6 hours on coding and plot writing.

You have others involved in extra renders, proof-reading etc.

You release to Patreon. People pirate it and are like "It's too short", "His updates are becoming shit" etc.

It'd take super-human strength, certainly more than I have, to remain calm.

I mean; come on. If you're gonna make some 'constructive' criticism, make it constructive, not phrase it like Ptolemy owes you something, or 'this sucks' or 'DoD was better' etc, then go all 'You should appreciate all criticism, the good and the bad" blah blah blah when he points shit out.

There are ways of expressing something. I'm sure your parents taught you how.

This is my two-cents. No one put words in my mouth. I expressed no one's views but my own.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Hyperbole aside, no one is entitled to give you money so blaming everything on piracy is ridiculous.

You have to learn a programming language, you have to put together a story, and put together how a system works for yourself. People share things they like and donate according to what they feel something is worth. Some give more in time than a monetary value.

But people can sure tell when their time is not valued. Losing the respect of your patrons (on Patreon and off) begins a failure cascade that can affect the bottom line. That also affects the community that you reach with a game.

It doesn't take "super human effort" to realize that people can have differing views on games.

Developers also have to realize that yelling at their fanbase won't do much but stifle their content as the community pushes back. Tread carefully on that road...

Reactions: Darkaura

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Wow,this dev is acting like a child.
No, he is not the big problem is people who come on here and act like they are entitled to something when they are not. I mean that's not how the world works even if you donate it's the developers game, not yours.

Reactions: UncleVT

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
It doesn't take "super human effort" to realize that people can have differing views on games.

Developers also have to realize that yelling at their fanbase won't do much but stifle their content as the community pushes back. Tread carefully on that road...
Maybe you're right. Maybe you're not. Maybe it's an age or generation thing. I don't know.

I was taught "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all", and I appreciate that.

You can say the same thing in a nice way or a harsh way.

- "You look beautiful in that dress, but maybe the next size up would suit you better"

- "You look fat"

I had some text here which I deleted.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Nooo. It's already over. My poor blue balls. :FeelsBadMan:
God, I can't wait for more. I need to see at least one of these hot babes get porked by the MC. I need it. :perservingface:

I got two errors near the end. One while Darla was boning the black dude and one when the daughter puts the dad to sleep in Darla's bed. Clicking ignore let me continue, but it seems like it skipped at least one line of dialogue, since the error happened right as the daughter was gonna say something to the dad, but after clicking ignore it cut to her already in the hallway. Might've been just something on my side, but I figured I should mention it.

Cro

May 10, 2017
- "You look beautiful in that dress, but maybe the next size up would suit you better"
- "You look fat"
Sometimes tough love works too. In your case, if someone is fat, maybe a nice attitude would make them try to lose weight, maybe not. Maybe shaming will, so in the end it will be better. You can't know which one will work.

With this being said, when you publish something on the Internet, it's 100% clear you will get both reactions. There is no other way around and that's it.
The difference is how you deal or what you take from their comments.
Something like: hey, that guy said my game is shit, because it has 1 crash, randomly, in 10000 lines of code. OK... it's clearly not shit, but take the "good" out of his reaction and fix that one bug.
Don't come and say: no, you're shit ! or .. scr*w you guys, I'm going home.
That's not how the world works.

Now, when you have more than 1-2 negative reactions, then there might be a real problem behind. In my case, I clearly explained the problem and the solutions.
No one here cares in the end what happens with this game or this developer. But they all care a bit if he at least he succeeds and make a game worth playing.

Do you ever notice how people tend to react this way only towards people who they think have potential, but are just wasting it ? You can see this everywhere, from movies with high expectation that fail to games from @Ptolemy.
To not understand that and take your toys and leave, is just childish.

Be humble, accept that people will react differently and put their opinions there in different ways (DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY), maybe harmful ones, but take only the facts from their posts and do something about it.

racerrally

Jan 28, 2018
Any one got error when Kelly enters her apartment and Darla having sex ?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/day8.rpy", line 549, in <module>
NameError: name 'disssolve' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/day8.rpyc", line 549, in script
    #WW�{�p�7�.�LN���Vj�M�ժl�iظI�F�a(�67�(@�FO��^X�}6�6�Sٸ��F0�d�@���l��苑��p^|6N./�8�r����9�G�䚄C�#���i��r����5�

Perdican

May 11, 2017
Nooo. It's already over. My poor blue balls. :FeelsBadMan:
God, I can't wait for more. I need to see at least one of these hot babes get porked by the MC. I need it. :perservingface:

I got two errors near the end. One while Darla was boning the black dude and one when the daughter puts the dad to sleep in Darla's bed. Clicking ignore let me continue, but it seems like it skipped at least one line of dialogue, since the error happened right as the daughter was gonna say something to the dad, but after clicking ignore it cut to her already in the hallway. Might've been just something on my side, but I figured I should mention it.
I had the same 2 issues in my different paths.

And I am a little surprised by the scenario of the new content.
We've had a growing relation with the daugher (kissing, night content...), and now she's suddenly leaving the appartment after having made a "rendez-vous" for a new late night meeting? Why?
And when the MC goes to see her, she acts as if nothing had happened between the 2 of them (no tension, no mention, no kiss...)?

I find this quite unbelievable.
Like the dev recently thought of new content location (Darla's flat) and wanted to put it in this update even it is not logical.
To give us some sex scene maybe (with Darla and her bf)?
(by the way, I wanted the MC to try to score Darla. Seeing an other guy doing her is quite sad).

Am I the only one to feel like this?
(I love this game by the way, I like the bold/shy components and the different contents unlocked by them).

kira123

May 27, 2017
Hey man, you did a great job. I mean version 0.35 of this game only takes 300mb but it has billion of contents. Great job

JAmesbond234

Jul 2, 2017
Any one got error when Kelly enters her apartment and Darla having sex ?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/day8.rpy", line 549, in <module>
NameError: name 'disssolve' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/day8.rpyc", line 549, in script
    #WW�{�p�7�.�LN���Vj�M�ժl�iظI�F�a(�67�(@�FO��^X�}6�6�Sٸ��F0�d�@���l��苑��p^|6N./�8�r����9�G�䚄C�#���i��r����5�
Same, Idk how to bypass it. if you find out let me know

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
Hmm, I'm torn.
Didn't finished v0.35 yet, but quality seems to stay the same.

On the one hand: it seems there're no decisions to make like in other VNs, but to decide whether char reacts boldy or timid. So maybe no new scenes with additional content (like in DmD where you get new scenes after decisions), except erotic ones as progression of the current scene and minor adjustments to dialogues.
On the other hand: nice story. Ok, D's behaviour rushes the plot alot. But all in all a nice story and well written dialogues! And laughed hearty several times, what's obviosly a very positive reaction :D

Ok, back to Corrupting Creator :coldsweat::evilsmile: Or was it Dating my Daddy???:tf:

3.50 star(s) 51 Votes