VN..reader

Aug 28, 2020
Firstly, i have No intention of playing game... mostly because i don't do HTML. HOWEver.. i saw that banner and just had to say THANK YOU :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p . :giggle: . .... . .

LokiSalmon

Jul 7, 2017
I'm enjoying the game so far, and wanted to share a few minor bugs/typos I found.

(By the way: I'm looking at the code in Notepad++, not a Twine editor. The html has &lt; and the like, but Twine probably replaces &lt; and &gt; with < and > respectively, so I wrote my findings that way.)

Line 919: "His great slave ship plowed the stars"; "plowed" should possibly be "plied", meaning "to travel a route regularly". "Plied" is frequently used when talking about vessels on a trading route, and while I can see "plowed" as extending the harvest metaphor, it's a little awkward with "stars" as the verb object. (Not a big thing, it just caught my eye.)

Lines 1571 & 1573: resevoir --> reservoir

Line 2730: Says "Creating Teleporter will need 2000 Resin, 200 biomatter, 250 wood, 100 Milk, 2 Boilers, and 2 Fluid Pumps"; this text is missing the requirement "30 boxes of nails,"

Line 2753: Says "Adding Thrall spiked chitinous armor requires 1000 Resin, 800 Biomatter, 300 Wood, 100 Milk"; the upgrade requires 2000 Resin instead of 1000.

Line 2771 (Near the end): In "if $resinStorageLevel gte 3<<Milk Production level 2 purchased>>"; Change "$resinStorageLevel" to "$numMilkProductionModifier"

Line 2778 (Near the end):
"<<endif>><<if $breedingModifier is 3>>Daily Breeding limit"
change to
"<<else>>Daily Breeding limit"

Line 2779 (Yep, near the end):
"if $resinStorageLevel gte 3<<Milk Production level 2 purchased>>"
change to
"if $breedingModifier gte 4<<Daily Breeding limit raised to 4 (Researched)>>"

Line 3754: $kim.birthss gte 100 --> $kim.births gte 100 (Obviously not an issue yet, found this by accident)
Related to that one though, is it intentional that the "Girl Data" blurbs are blank if $GIRL.births >= 200? While most girls won't get birth numbers that high, it can happen automatically through the "Thrall breeds Cindy/Naomi/Midori" events.
(I wanted to see the entries, so I used the regex "lt\s200\s&amp;&amp;\s\$\w*.\w*\sgte" and replaced with "gte".)

Line 5476: The car wash scene mentions Yuna irrespective of her current "availability". Might be easiest to just remove her name from the scene.

And not a bug, but because the Girl Data blurbs made me think of this: the descriptions imply that the amount of milk a girl produces increases with the number of offspring she's birthed. Is there any plan to implement that, or would that be too complicated to do when calculating daily milk and "milk all"? I can think of ways to do it with functions, but I don't know Twine very well, and don't know its level of support for dynamically-calculated variables.

Reactions: armyofrobots

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
I'm enjoying the game so far, and wanted to share a few minor bugs/typos I found.

(By the way: I'm looking at the code in Notepad++, not a Twine editor. The html has &lt; and the like, but Twine probably replaces &lt; and &gt; with < and > respectively, so I wrote my findings that way.)

Line 919: "His great slave ship plowed the stars"; "plowed" should possibly be "plied", meaning "to travel a route regularly". "Plied" is frequently used when talking about vessels on a trading route, and while I can see "plowed" as extending the harvest metaphor, it's a little awkward with "stars" as the verb object. (Not a big thing, it just caught my eye.)

Lines 1571 & 1573: resevoir --> reservoir

Line 2730: Says "Creating Teleporter will need 2000 Resin, 200 biomatter, 250 wood, 100 Milk, 2 Boilers, and 2 Fluid Pumps"; this text is missing the requirement "30 boxes of nails,"

Line 2753: Says "Adding Thrall spiked chitinous armor requires 1000 Resin, 800 Biomatter, 300 Wood, 100 Milk"; the upgrade requires 2000 Resin instead of 1000.

Line 2771 (Near the end): In "if $resinStorageLevel gte 3<<Milk Production level 2 purchased>>"; Change "$resinStorageLevel" to "$numMilkProductionModifier"

Line 2778 (Near the end):
"<<endif>><<if $breedingModifier is 3>>Daily Breeding limit"
change to
"<<else>>Daily Breeding limit"

Line 2779 (Yep, near the end):
"if $resinStorageLevel gte 3<<Milk Production level 2 purchased>>"
change to
"if $breedingModifier gte 4<<Daily Breeding limit raised to 4 (Researched)>>"

Line 3754: $kim.birthss gte 100 --> $kim.births gte 100 (Obviously not an issue yet, found this by accident)
Related to that one though, is it intentional that the "Girl Data" blurbs are blank if $GIRL.births >= 200? While most girls won't get birth numbers that high, it can happen automatically through the "Thrall breeds Cindy/Naomi/Midori" events.
(I wanted to see the entries, so I used the regex "lt\s200\s&amp;&amp;\s\$\w*.\w*\sgte" and replaced with "gte".)

Line 5476: The car wash scene mentions Yuna irrespective of her current "availability". Might be easiest to just remove her name from the scene.

And not a bug, but because the Girl Data blurbs made me think of this: the descriptions imply that the amount of milk a girl produces increases with the number of offspring she's birthed. Is there any plan to implement that, or would that be too complicated to do when calculating daily milk and "milk all"? I can think of ways to do it with functions, but I don't know Twine very well, and don't know its level of support for dynamically-calculated variables.
I'll pass this on to the Devs; I think at least a few of those things have not been really caught as they're not implemented (Girl Blurbs are really a placeholder for now, Kim isn't capturable yet, etc). Thank you for taking a look!

Reactions: LokiSalmon

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
It should be at the bottom of the cave menu if you set your name to "cheater" at the start of the game.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
0.2.4.1 Bugfix release

Content
- "Milk All" menu option added to the main cave menu as well as captives menu for easier access - Thx caju !
- Button added to run all thrall missions at once if you have enough minions rather than click them one at a time - Thx pizbia !

Bug fix
- Numerous typos and mistakes in the new tech menu
- Typo that has been in the intro from the beginning that no one caught!
- Variable mistake on Kim's data screen fixed
- Removed mention of Yuna in a scene she isn't supposed to be in

Known Issue:
- Using the cheat menu and never buying from the hardware store will cause certain events to not fire

Lucien88

Jun 5, 2022
armyofrobots
There is a bug. You need to change positions of commands like below or else the roll is always 13:
this peace of code "set $randomRollC = random(1,20)" need to be before "set $tempInt3 to $randomRollC + 12"
This is on page where MC fight Terry "One o One":
"Alright Terry, time for you and me to settle this; form a ring and lets go!" the first roll is correct, the second one shows always 13.

and may be round up the "Milk: 329.1875" looks a bit confusing.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019
Not code savvy, but when I was playing the latest release, I couldn't get Midori's pregnancy count to go up no matter what I tried. Stayed at 3 the whole game when she had definitely had well over 100.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
armyofrobots
There is a bug. You need to change positions of commands like below or else the roll is always 13:
this peace of code "set $randomRollC = random(1,20)" need to be before "set $tempInt3 to $randomRollC + 12"
This is on page where MC fight Terry "One o One":
"Alright Terry, time for you and me to settle this; form a ring and lets go!" the first roll is correct, the second one shows always 13.

and may be round up the "Milk: 329.1875" looks a bit confusing.
Thanks, we'll take a look

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Not code savvy, but when I was playing the latest release, I couldn't get Midori's pregnancy count to go up no matter what I tried. Stayed at 3 the whole game when she had definitely had well over 100.
That sounds like someone was a bad dev and broke that variable. They will be punished swiftly.

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes