Feb 19, 2022
Another update; the refactor of the player object was completed and is checked in for the next build. That's the good news; the bad news is this object touches almost everything in the game, so the odds we missed a variable reference change or bug is decent despite our testing; we'll be asking players to keep an eye out for this in the upcoming release (date still to be determined). This now fixes the problem that was blocking our getting the fighting working (we think), so hopefully we're going to be moving forward on that now.
Wanted to follow up to see if there are any new updates?
Also, saw conversations before mentioning interest in a Patreon/Discord. Would be happy to financially contribute to development. Invasive Species 1 & 2 are by far the best writing projects I have found in some time. IS 2 including images and more management functions just makes it all the better.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Wanted to follow up to see if there are any new updates?
Also, saw conversations before mentioning interest in a Patreon/Discord. Would be happy to financially contribute to development. Invasive Species 1 & 2 are by far the best writing projects I have found in some time. IS 2 including images and more management functions just makes it all the better.
We're still working on the update. It's going to be a big one and your patience is appreciated. In addition to completely rebuilding the player model, we expect to have a conclusion to the current Kim arc, more than double the number of random encounter girls you can find around the map, add three new characters, complete a couple minor narrative pieces, and fix a bunch of bugs in the tech tree.

As for support, that is very generous; we're not quite there for Patreon yet, but believe me, when/if we reach that point, we'll pan handle with the best of them. ;-)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Justadude77892
Feb 19, 2022
We're still working on the update. It's going to be a big one and your patience is appreciated. In addition to completely rebuilding the player model, we expect to have a conclusion to the current Kim arc, more than double the number of random encounter girls you can find around the map, add three new characters, complete a couple minor narrative pieces, and fix a bunch of bugs in the tech tree.

As for support, that is very generous; we're not quite there for Patreon yet, but believe me, when/if we reach that point, we'll pan handle with the best of them. ;-)
Any ETA on when that update may roll out?

I have no issue being patient if there isn’t a current ETA. The story and development really has my attention.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Any ETA on when that update may roll out?

I have no issue being patient if there isn’t a current ETA. The story and development really has my attention.
We're hoping to have something by first week of July. When we lost one of our developers a few months back it really slowed down our process as none of us are "full time" working on this, we all do bits here and there on the side. But we're definitely getting close to getting a major release out the door.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
any guide on the best path?
Best path? Generally the sneakiest, less direct approach results in the least amount of suspicion points; try to get the stat upgrades before you get too far down the story as your stats determine some events. We're working on a journal with more plot hints, but it's still a ways away.

Reactions: Chucke1992

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
As you may have noticed, we're delayed again; the full bulk of what we want to have finished in this release is proving to be more work than anticipated, but we're still chipping away. We've kicked around the idea of adding some polls here for people to vote on things/people/options to include into the game as a lot of the mechanics reach proper maturity for expansion. We'll see what we can come up with (Suggestions welcome)

TenguPhule

Oct 13, 2021
Personally, I think you should be focusing more on the basics instead of trying to keep adding new features. The writing of the sex scenes in IS I was really top notch incredible and I've noticed it seems to have slipped in quality in IS II despite adding pictures and more background fluff. I'm good with even non-pic random tentacle encounters if the writing of the scene is there.

Feb 19, 2022
As you may have noticed, we're delayed again; the full bulk of what we want to have finished in this release is proving to be more work than anticipated, but we're still chipping away. We've kicked around the idea of adding some polls here for people to vote on things/people/options to include into the game as a lot of the mechanics reach proper maturity for expansion. We'll see what we can come up with (Suggestions welcome)
Progress updates are always appreciated, but the quality of writing and game dynamics take time which is no issue. Do yalls thing with continuing to build quality work. If y’all can roll out small game updates that aren’t a distraction that’s always appreciated, but otherwise we can be patient. It’s not like we are paying anyone of y’all for this.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Yeah; we were hoping to have this update out a while back and we've run into a lot of hurdles; the good news is this coming update (assuming we get it working) covers a number of things we wanted, vast updates of content in some areas, fixes a number of things, etc. For example the Random-repeatable events/encounters have more than doubled. We have high hopes; we're just struggling to make the time to get things finished. Losing one of our devs set us back far more than we expected and we're paying the price for that.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
How’s the progress?
Slow, but moving towards a release; we broke some things with the new player object model and we're still running that down. We will have a release out before this month ends; more specific than that is hard to say as it depends on everyone on the team getting their parts finished and combined without things exploding.

Reactions: caju

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
We're hoping to have the next version out by the end of next weekend with a release candidate on Friday (week from today) for internal testing.

Update should include:
- Kim arc conclusion
- Set up for Chapter 3 (No tech level 3 or level 3 techs yet)
- Taking random girl encounters from 3 to 7
- 2 New characters added and complete from encounter to capture and cave scenes
- Some fixes and image replacements
- Combat-ish content (one fight, mostly to see if players like the direction and then to expand on the mechanics if they do)

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Still a lot to go and our timetable is slipping slightly. Our first build today was super buggy, so it's being looked at by the Dev to see what's wrong. We're also waiting on a bit of content to be finished for Random girl 7 and one of the new characters.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
How far along is the new update?
Difficult to say; we have one character's content left to do and one random's. The story part is nearly done; we're still getting some crashes and other bugs in the "Tech 2" portion of the game that we're trying to track down. We might release without some content and release that in another couple of weeks as a ".1" update to that version, but we certainly cannot release it with the current game bugs.

Snakemann

Jul 6, 2020
Don't know if this is allready noticed or addressed, but if you check Olivias Girl Data once it will open every time again if you try the return button.

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes