argentun

May 19, 2020
Truly a tragic waste of a resource. She is most likely going to be a primary story character for you to find and [story element not yet created] to unlock the third level of tech...which we also need to create. We're also going to need to create a one-off expansion of girl storage since there are more girls than can fit in the current cave, it turns out (oops).
Indeed, indeed, I look forward to her taking a key role but no rush and no worries, so many ladies, so little time. (and yet so many hats for the thralls...wonderous.)

Maybe next time we just go full 3D Generation (obviously this was a quickly done thing by our artist); we're not going to switch half way through the game, but maybe for Invasive Species 3...
Eeeh, unless you're working with someone like Icarusillustratred, 3d rarely compares. Yeah the morphs aren't perfect but at least the ladies themselves are hot. 3D takes a lot of effort to get beyond meh or uncanney valley.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Eeeh, unless you're working with someone like Icarusillustratred, 3d rarely compares. Yeah the morphs aren't perfect but at least the ladies themselves are hot. 3D takes a lot of effort to get beyond meh or uncanney valley.
True; it creates some problems and solves others; and obviously no one on our team is as skilled as Icarusillustrated (or any of the other big names, for that matter). I wonder if he'd be interested in a partnership to do a game where he does the art? We'd probably have to move to Python and Renpy for that. It would be a long, long way in the future at this point anyway. Gotta focus on the next release for this game first!

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
For those interested, this is our list of potential other models to use as characters who fit the criteria we laid out, but more additions for the list are welcome:

• MaryJane Johnson
  • Indica Monroe
  • Karla Kush
  • Sadie Holmes
  • Anastasia Devine
  • Rita Rush
  • Sharka Blue
  • Kayla Ivy
  • Mischel Lee
  • Danica Ensley
  • Layla Exx
  • Casey Deluxe
  • Larissa Fox
  • Sierra Simmons
  • Winnie Cooper
  • Natalie Fiore
  • Ariana Simon
  • Lily Madison
  • Ariana Marie
  • Tegan Riley
That's everyone the team or players have suggested and who appear to check out in terms of content we could track down.

Reactions: Justadude77892

Justadude77892

Feb 19, 2022
Truly a tragic waste of a resource. She is most likely going to be a primary story character for you to find and [story element not yet created] to unlock the third level of tech...which we also need to create. We're also going to need to create a one-off expansion of girl storage since there are more girls than can fit in the current cave, it turns out (oops).

Maybe next time we just go full 3D Generation (obviously this was a quickly done thing by our artist); we're not going to switch half way through the game, but maybe for Invasive Species 3...
It would be neat to use Invasive Species 1 for trialing the artwork. Story content is already finalized and you’d be able to A/B test the image content to fine tune as you work towards a more signature look.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
It would be neat to use Invasive Species 1 for trialing the artwork. Story content is already finalized and you’d be able to A/B test the image content to fine tune as you work towards a more signature look.
That's...actually a really good idea, I'll ping it off the rest of the team.

Reactions: Justadude77892

xxxsolsior

Apr 10, 2018
is it possible to play this in such a way that the girls never become willing? i'm not really a fan of corruption or mind break unless it's the kind of mind break where someone's psyche gets shattered.

just wondering if there's something for me here. if not, that's fine

Reactions: Nulldev

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
is it possible to play this in such a way that the girls never become willing? i'm not really a fan of corruption or mind break unless it's the kind of mind break where someone's psyche gets shattered.

just wondering if there's something for me here. if not, that's fine
Unfortunately not; we were well into production before that idea came up. Something for the next game, perhaps. Sorry if it's not your cup of tea; honestly. We do try to incorporate as many good ideas as we can.

Reactions: Nulldev

Justadude77892

Feb 19, 2022
How are things with the upcoming update? I know it’s been mentioned that there are background objects having to be reworked. Is progress being made on those?

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
How are things with the upcoming update? I know it’s been mentioned that there are background objects having to be reworked. Is progress being made on those?
Slowly but surely; there's a few things we're fixing, more content for the end of Chapter 2 in the Alien lair, and we're still trying to get some form of combat working so that can be part of the game. We're having issues getting the left panel to update correctly though and some styling problems. At this time we do not have an estimated release date. We're also spitballing ideas for the tier 3 tech and the new locations we'll be adding. There's also a couple of options and story bits we didn't wrap up from chapter 2 and we're not sure when those will be addressed.

Personally, I would not be surprised if we get something first week of December or so, but don't quote me on it.

Deathclaw Cock

Deathclaw Cock Fanatic
Donor
May 23, 2020
Not a huge fan of this game in comparison to the first one, this one - despite how silly the first game tended to be... seems to be even sillier. It might just be personal opinion but I do not enjoy the jokes nor do I enjoy the usage of "real life" images. They detract from the experience, I feel. I prefer to use my imagination. I find myself constantly coming back to the first Invasive Species game but I am just not able to bring myself to play the second game any further.

While your work is appreciated and the first game was lovely, I wish it was decided that you'd continue your work on the first game to add more and improve upon it rather than make an entirely new game - an entirely new game which seems to be a downgrade from the atmosphere and enjoyability of the first one.

I sincerely wish you luck in this game's development and whatever you choose to make in the future.

Reactions: armyofrobots

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Not a huge fan of this game in comparison to the first one, this one - despite how silly the first game tended to be... seems to be even sillier. It might just be personal opinion but I do not enjoy the jokes nor do I enjoy the usage of "real life" images. They detract from the experience, I feel. I prefer to use my imagination. I find myself constantly coming back to the first Invasive Species game but I am just not able to bring myself to play the second game any further.

While your work is appreciated and the first game was lovely, I wish it was decided that you'd continue your work on the first game to add more and improve upon it rather than make an entirely new game - an entirely new game which seems to be a downgrade from the atmosphere and enjoyability of the first one.

I sincerely wish you luck in this game's development and whatever you choose to make in the future.
On behalf of our team; we're sorry you did not enjoy the second installment. Perhaps in the future we will revisit the first for some improvements and to add some narrative paths to that experience. We all appreciate the honest feedback.

dedbef

Aug 17, 2023
Not a huge fan of this game in comparison to the first one, this one - despite how silly the first game tended to be... seems to be even sillier. It might just be personal opinion but I do not enjoy the jokes nor do I enjoy the usage of "real life" images. They detract from the experience, I feel. I prefer to use my imagination.
I think the main problem really is that it's called a sequel. If instead it was described and promoted as a spin-off or its own thing, then it could be judged simply by its own merits. And on its own, this is not a bad game. Maybe not for everyone, but every prongame is subject to individual preferences. And for what it does, i would call IV2 a 3,5 out of 5 in its current state (could be 4/5 with more content).

But since its presented as a sequel, all kinds of criticism relative to the first game apply. For starters the core gameplay loop is totally different, with the addition of a static base and all the ressource management. So this 'sequel' kinda isn't even the same genre as the first. And that's just one valid point of criticism out of maybe a dozen.

So it's not that IV2 is a bad game in its own right. It's "decent" right now and could become "good" with more content. But in no way is it a "sequel", and calling it that is bullshit. It's a "spin-off": A totally different game in the same thematic universe.

Justadude77892

Feb 19, 2022
I think the main problem really is that it's called a sequel. If instead it was described and promoted as a spin-off or its own thing, then it could be judged simply by its own merits. And on its own, this is not a bad game. Maybe not for everyone, but every prongame is subject to individual preferences. And for what it does, i would call IV2 a 3,5 out of 5 in its current state (could be 4/5 with more content).

But since its presented as a sequel, all kinds of criticism relative to the first game apply. For starters the core gameplay loop is totally different, with the addition of a static base and all the ressource management. So this 'sequel' kinda isn't even the same genre as the first. And that's just one valid point of criticism out of maybe a dozen.

So it's not that IV2 is a bad game in its own right. It's "decent" right now and could become "good" with more content. But in no way is it a "sequel", and calling it that is bullshit. It's a "spin-off": A totally different game in the same thematic universe.
I think there is a small miss here. Within this most recent update, there is a very simple reference, or nod, to one of the possible endings in the first game. The reference to the “master” or “mothership” being under the sea at the moment. It’s a few simple lines that really does the job to line the two stories up. Additionally, the shared references for categories of the different alien creatures that was also established in the first game would further cement the argument of this being a sequel.

The argument that the change in gameplay negates it as a sequel is poor and uninventive. It’s common for games to reinvent their style of play. I think the transition from a multi-linear CYOA game to a free roam(ish) harem resource management game is creative and creates more autonomy and independent play.

Finally, it really is too soon to make any solid judgements as they are actively developing and adding more content. Frankly, there is quitea bit of potential still, while still showing their ability to write and develop a story.

I look forward to future updates!

• Red Heart
Reactions: DMon1981
3.50 star(s) 6 Votes