2.60 star(s) 24 Votes

Repulse Games

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2019
I had this issue as well, but it's not the first issue I had that was atypical (based on what others have written). I initially came here to find out where everyone was. I was dropped (from a small height) on a hill behind the treeline near the town (no compass in-game, so I can't be much more specific than that). That was on my first load of the game. I found a way through the trees into the town and there were no NPCs, or anything but the buildings. As a side note, the windmill did rotate. That's why I came here. Someone else had a similar issue (they said they were getting stuck in trees down slopes or something), and also asked how to reset the save. Deleting the save fixed that issue for me. Noteworthy is that on initial load, I did not get the menu. I don't recall exactly what I did get, but I only recall there being 2 buttons and one of them was "Quit". The other button, I seem to recall, was indicative of playing the game ("New Game" perhaps) and clicking it skipped the intro and simply dropped me on the hill mentioned previously.

The second issue was that the mouse buttons and 'Q' are not working, as mentioned by the person you're responding to here. Mouse movement works. I did as the person you're responding to did, and just bypassed the barrel when I wasn't able to break it - thinking just as the previous person did that perhaps once I found a weapon things would be fixed. I notice in the IragonProject.log that there are a LOT of warnings about attempting to access index 0 from a 0 length array (PerceivedEnemies in Gameplay/AI/AI_factionsController.AIC_FactionsController_C). Also, there's a warning about trying to read a property (InteractionTrigger) from meeting Gintas.. and based on the placement of that line, and the warning mentioned previously.. it seems suspicious. I'm not sure if enemy detection is relevant, but those warnings appear shortly before and after the Gintas warning which indicates to me it could be relevant. Another warning that might be relevant is the attempt to read EquippedWeapon (LVL_P_SpellTutorial_C:ReceiveBeginPlay) and receiving "None" but I don't recall seeing this warning before the Gintas warning. To be clear, I never had a weapon at any point.

A third issue I'm having is that the game does not like being full-screen. Every time the scene changes, the game goes back to windowed.. which is really a really annoying issue. All of these issues are understandable for such an early game.

Outside of this, the only thing that I see in the log that might be of use is that there are a lot of warnings about the HUD.. which I don't recall ever seeing in-game.

I'd give you this log, but I have noted that there is personal information in it (Computer name, user name, etc) so I'd rather not. I'd be more than willing to look through it for keywords or give you specific lines from it if you need, though.

And of course, here's the version that I'm attempting to play: 4.21.0-4541578+++UE4+Release-4.21

After typing the above, I deleted the save and tried again to see if anything would change. Everything above is still true. The new information I can add is that the game is registering the clicks. Previously I watched/listened to the dialogue with Gintas because it was my first time seeing it. This time I attempted to skip. Each click would complete the text, but only if the MC was speaking it would it continue. When Gintas was speaking, it would wait for the audio before moving on. I'm not pointing out the minor inconsistency here.. just noting that the game IS receiving click information, since it's the only thing I've seen that indicates the game is (so it's not likely to be hardware/driver related, I don't think). I also specifically looked for a HUD. The only HUD element I saw was the quest objective on the right hand side of the screen.

Thank you, and good luck - this game seems very interesting, even in the little bit I was able to do. I can't wait to see more.
I think we might have figured out what the problem is...

The issues that you are describing, not seeing a HUD and so on, occur when you are running the VR build without a VR headset. And from what you said I was left with the impression that you wanted to play the NON VR version that's in third person. To do that, you have to launch the game from the folder on the screenshot after you downloaded your file. When you launch the third person build, you should be able to see the HUD, you should have a sword on your back, LMB, RMB and Q should work and the game window shouldn't minimize.

Is it possible that you ran the VR build by accident?

non-vr-build.png

Skinner

Jul 6, 2017
I think we might have figured out what the problem is...

The issues that you are describing, not seeing a HUD and so on, occur when you are running the VR build without a VR headset. And from what you said I was left with the impression that you wanted to play the NON VR version that's in third person. To do that, you have to launch the game from the folder on the screenshot after you downloaded your file. When you launch the third person build, you should be able to see the HUD, you should have a sword on your back, LMB, RMB and Q should work and the game window shouldn't minimize.

Is it possible that you ran the VR build by accident?
I didn't have two folders as your screenshot shows (Note: I didn't download it here - a friend gave it to me on a USB stick to test out). I'm not sure which I do have, but I'm downloading from here now to see if that resolves it. I suspect you're right, though. Taking a look at that log again, I am seeing it failing to load various VR dlls. If this resolves the issue, then I won't bother you any more. If this doesn't resolve it, I'll edit this post or submit a new reply.

Thanks!

---- Edit below ----
I was dropped on that hill again on first load. I took a few screenshots this time. There was no menu - the game loaded right in to this spot. Deleting the save and reloading fixed it again. As the screenshots show, I do have a hud and a weapon now.. so the VR was the issue. I"m also seeing loading screens (didn't see those before), and it's not popping me out of full-screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Repulse Games

Repulse Games

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2019
I didn't have two folders as your screenshot shows (Note: I didn't download it here - a friend gave it to me on a USB stick to test out). I'm not sure which I do have, but I'm downloading from here now to see if that resolves it. I suspect you're right, though. Taking a look at that log again, I am seeing it failing to load various VR dlls. If this resolves the issue, then I won't bother you any more. If this doesn't resolve it, I'll edit this post or submit a new reply.

Thanks!

---- Edit below ----
I was dropped on that hill again on first load. I took a few screenshots this time. There was no menu - the game loaded right in to this spot. Deleting the save and reloading fixed it again. As the screenshots show, I do have a hud and a weapon now.. so the VR was the issue. I"m also seeing loading screens (didn't see those before), and it's not popping me out of full-screen.
Glad you resolved it! Hope you enjoy the game. :) Let us know what you think later.

percypoasdo

Jul 14, 2017
is it just me or the settings are locked? i played 0.39 with a lot better graphics. now 0.42 looks really foggy and low quality. as i mentioned the settings are locked aswell so i cant change that. My pc has a 980gtx Ti and a intel i5 7k series.

Repulse Games

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2019
is it just me or the settings are locked? i played 0.39 with a lot better graphics. now 0.42 looks really foggy and low quality. as i mentioned the settings are locked aswell so i cant change that. My pc has a 980gtx Ti and a intel i5 7k series.
They aren't locked, they just aren't added yet because we haven't got to that point of development yet. And sorry about the low quality, we are aware that the game is pretty heavy still and are working to optimize it but it takes time. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Red Heart
Reactions: percypoasdo

Leo369

Jan 6, 2018

Thanks!

---- Edit below ----
yup i have this problem too (v0.43)

xpene

Sep 23, 2019
there is a command to get good graphic but i dont remember it.

tell me what it says above in red letters.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
First off, glad to see you split up the two this time. Since still paying off my computer, not enough money yet for a VR, so being forced to download both felt more time consuming than needed. However, seeing which file says VR and which doesn't, think that you got the Mega links backwards right now.

2.60 star(s) 24 Votes