VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
do we need to play the game to leave a review I kind of want to wait until the update is ready to replay the game
Steam shows amount of time you spent above your review, and once you post a review this number doesn't change (fixed). so it looks at the very least weird when you post it without playing a game or after playing for not long

Last edited:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
We talked about this recently and I think no one really knows, except it looks better if the reviewer has played the game a bit (hours played is visible)
Steam shows amount of time you spent above your review, and once you post a review this number doesn't change. so it looks at the very least weird when you post it without playing a game or playing for not long
Sorry if this was already talked about but curious do you know if just leaving the game running in the background be good enough to count as "played the game" so it doesnt look off on the review it's self. Since I know steam tracks play time even if you don't play said game. I assume it would but not sure cause if there is achievement would show id have none lol.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: badtimetales

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
Sorry if this was already talked about but curious do you know if just leaving the game running in the background be good enough to count as "played the game" so it doesnt look off on the review it's self. Since I know steam tracks play time even if you don't play said game. I assume it would but not sure cause if there is achievement would show id have none lol.
I'll let you know soon. I left it open when I took a shower and went to get dinner earlier. Edit: yes it shows I have 3 hours on the game and I just past where Isa is staying with MC since her Uncle was being a douche to her.

• Red Heart

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I think I had a massive brain fart all day when I saw it was on steam now. For some odd reason I never looked at patron I was assuming the update was still being worked on for another week or 2 and the steam release was the last update. Then saw the changelog on steam is different than the changelog over here. Yup not waiting for Summer Sale to decide my budget now playing this tomorrow gonna go buy right now haha

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Well, saves from this one doesn't work on Steam. Load a save and it puts you back to the main menu. No biggie. Just an FYI. A restart is required. At least it is for me.

• Thinking Face

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I think I had a massive brain fart all day when I saw it was on steam now. For some odd reason I never looked at patron I was assuming the update was still being worked on for another week or 2 and the steam release was the last update. Then saw the changelog on steam is different than the changelog over here. Yup not waiting for Summer Sale to decide my budget now playing this tomorrow gonna go buy right now haha
Wait I thought the steam release was the same as what's on here? I'll definitely have to play some more tonight if there's new content.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Wait I thought the steam release was the same as what's on here? I'll definitely have to play some more tonight if there's new content.
that's what im guessing cause I saw a post on patron for 4.3 and change log I read on steam seemed different said something like 5.4k renders and 38 animations, which is different from what I saw here

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Nah bro, current version here is 4.2 and the Steam version is 4.3
thanks for confirming it I wasn't 100% sure myself but looked like it was the case. I was actually holding off buying it till the Summer sale started just to see what I want to buy so I can figure my budget this year for spending money on games im never gonna play :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . But changed my mind when I saw it looked like my original assumptions were wrong when I looked at patron and saw the changelog on steam.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Well, saves from this one doesn't work on Steam. Load a save and it puts you back to the main menu. No biggie. Just an FYI. A restart is required. At least it is for me.

You never know with RenPy :rolleyes: but saves SHOULD work with the Steam release, unless you used a mod.

They did work for me and a few others, but I had to recompile for Steam, which might be a problem.

For the current version I've added Steam achievements, which (for now) you can only get if you start a new game.
More achievements will be added and a way to activate them without a new playthrough.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Nah bro, current version here is 4.2 and the Steam version is 4.3
thanks for confirming it I wasn't 100% sure myself but looked like it was the case. I was actually holding off buying it till the Summer sale started just to see what I want to buy so I can figure my budget this year for spending money on games im never gonna play :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . But changed my mind when I saw it looked like my original assumptions were wrong when I looked at patron and saw the changelog on steam.

Current Steam and Patreon release is 4.3.

Summer sale will not happen, as Isa is on a 17% launch discount anyway. ;)

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Current Steam and Patreon release is 4.3.

Summer sale will not happen, as Isa is on a 17% launch discount anyway. ;)
o i meant for other games not Isa should of worded it better. I just like to add everything I want in the cart at once and eliminate games / budget from there. saving a few bucks not a big deal to me especially for a great game like this , but since the update is live on steam yeah not waiting to play. The question is can I stop playing the JRPG im playing to play some Isa especially since it's getting really good lol.

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes