VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Hehe, it was fun seeing that side of Isa. But I was a little disappointed we didn't get to see the girls in the toy store. Though the facial made up for it. Poor Alex
That was planned and rendered, but I lost the scenes with the SSD crash.
And kitbashing that shop took days, so I had to scratch it.
Same for introducing the toys, had to move that to 5.1. :(

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
No need to apologize friend. If I was worried about spoilers too much, I wouldn't visit the thread plus you used spoiler tags which is something I wish more people would use tbh.
same I can't count the number of times in other threads ive used spoilers then people don't so I stop bother for that part of a conversation. Makes me not want to sometimes but you never know

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
No need to apologize friend. If I was worried about spoilers too much, I wouldn't visit the thread plus you used spoiler tags which is something I wish more people would use tbh.
I messed up my quoting, that post was a response to BTT mentioning the crashed SSD. I'm sorry for the confusion, though ;)
I do try to use spoilers though, especially with a new update. People who don't should be banned and thrown into a snake pit.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
You never know with RenPy :rolleyes: but saves SHOULD work with the Steam release, unless you used a mod.

They did work for me and a few others, but I had to recompile for Steam, which might be a problem.

For the current version I've added Steam achievements, which (for now) you can only get if you start a new game.
More achievements will be added and a way to activate them without a new playthrough.
Yeah. No mod. Tried all my saves and no go. It's all good though.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: badtimetales

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
problem is likely on your end though, because my old saves worked just fine with the steam version
You forget who you're talkin to. lol I'm the guy where if the tiniest thing can go wrong, will go wrong. :ROFLMAO: Years ago, I was the one who couldn't launch an AVN usin a 2080ti. Some strange ass error. As soon as I got a 5800 5700xt, no issues with any game. lol Now I have a 7900xtx and I'll never go back to Nvidia.

So, yeah. I'm Murphy's Law incarnate. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
You forget who you're talkin to. lol I'm the guy where if the tiniest thing can go wrong, will go wrong. :ROFLMAO: Years ago, I was the one who couldn't launch an AVN usin a 2080ti. Some strange ass error. As soon as I got a 5800 5700xt, no issues with any game. lol Now I have a 7900xtx and I'll never go back to Nvidia.

So, yeah. I'm Murphy's Law incarnate. :ROFLMAO:
Hey bro was that you that commented on my steam review of Isabella?
If so you're the first to ever comment on anything I have written lol.

Anyway, I wish I was better at writing reviews but It's always hard describing why I like the games I do.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Anyway, I wish I was better at writing reviews but It's always hard describing why I like the games I do.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of writing reviews myself. After I sit there staring blankly with almost no idea of what to say, I always end up forgetting stuff I did mean to say, and wish I'd put something a bit different. Besides, who cares what a rando like me thinks ;)

Last edited:

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
Yeah, I'm not a fan of writing reviews myself. After I sit there staring blankly with almost no idea of what to say, I always end up forgetting stuff I did mean to say, and wish I'd put something a bit different. Besides, who cares what a rando like me thinks ;)
You don't actually need to write a great piece of literature. The steam algorithm is also fine with a "me like game, sexy girls, buy!" and pushes the game to more visibility. I mean, unless there are no/few helpful reviews in total, my reviews are not seen by many anyways...

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
You don't actually need to write a great piece of literature. The steam algorithm is also fine with a "me like game, sexy girls, buy!" and pushes the game to more visibility. I mean, unless there are no/few helpful reviews in total, my reviews are not seen by many anyways...
Correct. Even the in game time doesn't seem to matter.

It's about % positive and the numbers.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
ha, this game was my second steam review actually, don't usually bother with it :ROFLMAO: But at least the game now has a fully positive rating so that's good, even though there are not a whole lot of reviews yet.

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes