VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Dude, you probably dont watch a lot of TV. You also dont read news.
There are a lot of reports based on rumours. You wont find it on big TV stations (like BBC), but smaller companies might air such reports. It is quite common.
As for the situation inside game: They might have tried to attract attention of public for future reports. It is common phrase: "If you want to find out more, watch our next report.". News is all about attracting attention. Hard facts are secondary.
Yep... I totally agree, my friend. All of the REAL journalists like Edward R. Murrow and Walter Kronkite are long dead and rolling in their graves at the thought of what media "journalism" has become. These days it is nothing more than corporate propaganda, spin doctoring and bullshit! The death of journalism was official when news media companies went public, trading their souls and journalistic integrity on the open market. So YES! I agree that this kind of broadcast not only CAN but DOES happen on the regular these days! It's the primary reason that I no longer pay any attention to it.

I miss the days when Kronkite anchored the evening news and Paul Harvey was still on the radio saying, "and now, the rest of the story..." You just can't find that kind of journalistic integrity these days. It just doesn't fucking exist!

Adventure ever on my friends, Phat:censored:(y)

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Dude, you probably dont watch a lot of TV. You also dont read news.
There are a lot of reports based on rumours. You wont find it on big TV stations (like BBC), but smaller companies might air such reports. It is quite common.
As for the situation inside game: They might have tried to attract attention of public for future reports. It is common phrase: "If you want to find out more, watch our next report.". News is all about atracting attention. Hard facts are secondary.
Yeah, sure. I don't watch or read news. Sure. Maybe not the tabloids and similar crap. And certainly not those ridiculous unsourced "news sites"people constantly post about and link to on social media. For two simple reasons, I neither find them amusing nor am I an idiot.
When I watch or read news, I want to be informed, not entertained.

I'll say one thing, I'm not American (nor apparently British, if your mention of the BBC is indeed pointing in the UK direction), in my country news do have to retain certain standards.
However, for a news report of any form, this was just too vague, no names, not even an explanation what it was about.
It was the equivalent of "I know something, I won't tell."
The GF was doing investigative journalism, which is the one kind of journalism, you really have to have facts for. You can hardly expose someone, without evidence or credible witnesses and informants.
Especially in a case like this, where important people and parts of the establishment are the goal.
This isn't "Are killer bees injecting teenagers with fertilized eggs to produce human/bee hybrids? See more at 6!"

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
As for the situation inside game: They might have tried to attract attention of public for future reports. It is common phrase: "If you want to find out more, watch our next report.". News is all about atracting attention. Hard facts are secondary.

It was made clear later in the game that the news team had a meeting scheduled where she planned to give some detailed information.
And that her boss wasn't happy if she would be digging to deep into that story.

And yep, I totally agree.
See the twitter files (just to name one recent reporting). Announce, build up interest, release in parts to keep it cooking.

So YES! I agree that this kind of broadcast not only CAN but DOES happen on the regular these days! It's the primary reason that I no longer pay any attention to it.
I'm not watching MSM news for years now, but if you want to keep being informed the biggest problem is to understand what you see and from whom it comes. Doesn't matter which source it is.

Ignoring everything is no opinion (for me).

Oh man, that "news" program almost killed me.
It was only planned as introducing the background of the story.
As Val was never planned to have such a role in the game.

Given the circumstances, I thought her not catching that he was still breathing was something that could very well happen. I mean, she was clearly panicking and completely emotional.
Given what happened before, habing no real friends there .... yes, exactly.

One thing I didn't particularly like, is the MC is quite the MarySue. He can fight, he is super smart, and women are just automatically drawn to him.
The problem is, he doesn't act particularly smart, and you wonder a bit why someone who seems like a bit of a doofus is so attractive to women.
Alex didn't know about his wealth, she just wanted to have some fun. Until she fell in love.
Isa just needed a friend. And strong arms and the fact that HE didn't try to get in her pants for sure helps/helped.

But yes, the MC will have some flaws. And a dark site.
Which isn't unusual if you get kidnapped as a kid (even if it's only for a short time), send to a mil school as a rich guys son and so on. I guess.

Oct 28, 2022
I just finished my first contact with the game. I can say I like it. I found the story very interesting. Renders It's beautiful. I have an observation. The save that will be transmitted in the new chapter is made in slot 9-1. And I'm on Alex's path. Turning back the game to reject her so I can play and Isabella's path makes a save in the same slot :/
It's not important, it just could have been avoided. Thanks for reading me while you're here. Thanx man <3

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
It was only planned as introducing the background of the story.
As Val was never planned to have such a role in the game.
I mean, clearly it was, but just because it was an info dump, it could still have been done more elegant. You clearly have the skills for that, otherwise that part wouldn't feel jarring.

Alex didn't know about his wealth, she just wanted to have some fun. Until she fell in love.
Isa just needed a friend. And strong arms and the fact that HE didn't try to get in her pants for sure helps/helped.

But yes, the MC will have some flaws. And a dark side.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, that was kind of my point, that the women didn't know he is rich, but Alex wasn't at all who I was referring to anyway. Those two have a relationship of sorts. Of course, she'd be interested in him, and the explanation you give in the game as to why she does feel attracted to him also made sense.

As for Isa... I mean, he might not have wanted to get into her pants, but he sure does take a lot of eyefuls of her body (if you choose so, of course, but the walkthrough did point as those options as the better ones) and it actually does seem like she wants to get in HIS pants, more than just wanting a friend.
But even she wasn't my point exactly, this was more about Val and the cop whatshername.

The MC isn't horrible or an asshole so far, but he also doesn't seem so incredibly charming that all these beautiful women should be attracted to him.

Mind you, I only make this much of a point of this, because the story has a lot of quality, if the writing in general was weaker, neither the intro nor the extreme attraction the MC exerts over women would be worth mentioning.
So basically it's your own fault for writing quite a good and interesting story so far. :)

Reactions: badtimetales

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
I don't watch or read news. Maybe not the tabloids and similar crap. And certainly not those ridiculous unsourced "news sites"people constantly post about and link to on social media. For two simple reasons, I neither find them amusing nor am I an idiot.
When I watch or read news, I want to be informed, not entertained.

I'll say one thing, I'm not American (nor apparently British, if your mention of the BBC is indeed pointing in the UK direction)
It is nice that you "want" your news to be informative, not entertaining. But unfortunately for us, the Universe is the way it is, not the way we want it. Just accept it and move on. There is absolutely no point in complaining, that some people watch stupid news full of stupid entertainment or pointless "stories" without any facts.

As for the BBC, there was no pointing involved. Nowadays people can watch BBC almost all around the world. Only requirement is understanding of english language.

ELTACO

Jun 26, 2018
I like the story it seems well written and developing at a decent pace, the sex scenes are very well animated but the dialogue doesn't seem to match up "go harder, go faster" the pace never changes and the scenes seem really abrupt , "let me warm you up , let's change postion "where do you want to cum".....Anyways good story pace so far , I'm looking forward to the mystery unravelling and hopefully a well written ending .

Last edited:
Reactions: LSC82

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I like the story it seems well written and developing at a decent pace, the sex scenes are very well animated but the dialogue doesn't seem to match up "go harder, go faster" the pace never changes and the scenes seem really abrupt , "let me warm you up , let's change postion "where do you want to cum".....Anyways good story pace so far , I'm looking forward to the mystery unravelling and hopefully a well written ending .
For sure one of my weak points, that's the reason why the sex scenes will get a major redo.

Last episode we hit the fork on the road where we can end the Alex path for good... i hope that means the Isa side will start to "warm up".
Within beliebable pace it did already, didn't it?

ELTACO

Jun 26, 2018
Last episode we hit the fork on the road where we can end the Alex path for good... i hope that means the Isa side will start to "warm up".

Great fork indeed , great heroine amazing back story but not for me. I said goodbye and wished her luck on her future endeavors.

Reactions: LSC82

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

DeFuZe

Jul 26, 2018
Just found out about this game and I can say I'm very much intrigued about it, the mystery revolving MCs fiance pulled me in. I also like these animations between the scenes like when MC drives from a location to another or these little things like coffee steam and all these little transition moments that gives the game an extra touch.

Aside from some minor dialogue inconveniences, typos here and there there is not much I can complain about so I'm very curious how this will continue and hope dev will manage to finish the game and the story he wants to tell.

One thing I hope dev can fix is the NSFW scenes in the gallery, I'm talking about how let's say a scene with Alex is split in 5-6 parts in gallery making it seem like there are more scenes when in fact its 1 split in more animation parts. That is the case for all of them.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Just found out about this game and I can say I'm very much intrigued about it, the mystery revolving MCs fiance pulled me in. I also like these animations between the scenes like when MC drives from a location to another or these little things like coffee steam and all these little transition moments that gives the game an extra touch.

Aside from some minor dialogue inconveniences, typos here and there there is not much I can complain about so I'm very curious how this will continue and hope dev will manage to finish the game and the story he wants to tell.

One thing I hope dev can fix is the NSFW scenes in the gallery, I'm talking about how let's say a scene with Alex is split in 5-6 parts in gallery making it seem like there are more scenes when in fact its 1 split in more animation parts. That is the case for all of them.

Thanks for the feedback!

The problem with the gallery is that the animations are exactly split like that in the game.
I could pack one scene together in one movie - but that would be extra download size.
I'll think about what to do with that.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PapaPhat and DeFuZe

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Thanks for the feedback!

The problem with the gallery is that the animations are exactly split like that in the game.
I could pack one scene together in one movie - but that would be extra download size.
I'll think about what to do with that.
Well, usually replays are based on script labels so it doesn't matter how many animations you included in your scene, you are just replaying that part of the script until you reach a $ renpy.end_replay(). You may want to take a look at the in the documentation.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Well, usually replays are based on script labels so it doesn't matter how many animations you included in your scene, you are just replaying that part of the script until you reach a $ renpy.end_replay(). You may want to take a look at the in the documentation.
that makes sense, tho this game isn't one where I'm explicitly in for the lewd content, honestly I've replayed it a couple times as a whole but never looked at the gallery/replay feature

Reactions: badtimetales
4.50 star(s) 61 Votes