VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
Latest from Patreon, hope those ribs heal up soon.

Hi all, weekly update!
I got slowed down a bit since Tuesday night, as I had a stupid accident.
Went to toilet in the middle of the night half awake, on the way back stumbled and hit my upper right chest on the sink.

Bruised ribs are no fun.
One day sitting hurts, the next day laying hurts. So pain while working or no sleep. Great choice.

Not to speak about coughing :(

It's getting better every day, so no problem.

Overall stats for the last 6 days are 134 stills for the update and 2000+ animation frames for the steam release rework (sex scenes in Chapter one). I hope to have a preview up next week.
Added 300+ lines to the script, which isn't much for the render numbers, but it's a quick conversation.

So it was a productive week after all. No more preview pics today (because of spoilers) but Zeus seems to get quiet clingy ;)

Thanks for your support and have a nice weekend!

BTT

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019

Hi all, weekly update!
Went to toilet in the middle of the night half awake, on the way back stumbled and hit my upper right chest on the sink.

Bruised ribs are no fun.
One day sitting hurts, the next day laying hurts. So pain while working or no sleep. Great choice.

Overall stats for the last 6 days are 134 stills for the update and 2000+ animation frames for the steam release rework (sex scenes in Chapter one). I hope to have a preview up next week.
Added 300+ lines to the script, which isn't much for the render numbers, but it's a quick conversation.

So it was a productive week after all. No more preview pics today (because of spoilers) but Zeus seems to get quiet clingy ;)

BTT
Thanks for the news, badtimetales please take care and don't overexert yourself, your health is more important we can wait. :) (y)

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Thanks guys!

I can work on Isa, moving the mouse fortunately doesn't hurt.
Only the lack of sleep is a problem, but I hope that in a day or two I'll sleep through the night with some painkillers.

And ... yep, that accident was my own fault. My Ex would have said "Why didn't you pick up the towel after the shower?" :rolleyes:

xReoK

Jun 6, 2020

Hi all, weekly update!

Bruised ribs are no fun.

BTT
Damn, I feel you man bruised ribs are one of the worst for real. Hope you get better soon! Take care.

• Red Heart
Reactions: badtimetales

gov112

Oct 12, 2021
Hey Dev I hope that you recover quickly. I would suggest you to buy one of those ayurvedic oils available online. Trust me it helps unless it is something really serious like a broken rib ( works for bruised ribs)

• Red Heart
Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Hey Dev I hope that you recover quickly. I would suggest you to buy one of those ayurvedic oils available online. Trust me it helps unless it is something really serious like a broken rib ( works for bruised ribs)

Thanks, I'm using a stronger approach ;)

There is a Tiger Balm Red oil, which is much more stronger and luckily I still have that in stock.

It's getting better, at least I can more or less sleep without waking up any 10 minutes.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Thanks, I'm using a stronger approach ;)

There is a Tiger Balm Red oil, which is much more stronger and luckily I still have that in stock.

It's getting better, at least I can more or less sleep without waking up any 10 minutes.
Take care of yourself, my friend. I deal with chronic, intense pain as part of my disabilities so I empathize with you. Tiger Balm is good, one of the best over the counter pain rubs. If you find that lacking, my doctor prescribes a lidocaine cream for my arthritic spine and joints. It's really good for telling my worst pain to STFU! Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

Whatever you do, make sure to get some rest and heal up. Get well soon;)(y)

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

1675537601192.png

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Weekend Update

07-16.png

08-06.png

Weekend? Really.

Well, our MC has some errands to run. And they are not going as expected.

I did a few thousand re-renders for the animations for chapter one, thanks to the 3090.

For those who don't follow Patreon, the goal is to get some nice animations as a start into the scenes (yes, that scenes) and to set the mood for these situations.

In addition to these animation frames, I rendered 64 images for the update.

That's not as many as I had planned, but I had to do some kitbashing (creating a new environment from different assets, not one but two).

And unfortunately that takes time.

I've also been playing around with Blender.

For the special render vote result and for improving some scenes with .... uhmmm... liquids ;)

Have a nice weekend and thanks for your support!

BTT

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
Latest from Patreon.

Hello everyone!

I don't have much to say today.

I am polishing chapters one and two and I realised that I need to clean up the code. I've already rendered a few thousand animation frames for chapter one alone, but I really need to work on the script as well.

For the update, I'm setting up scenes and rendering them overnight.

All in all it's coming along.

The response to the January renders/animations was .... little.

But the response seems to be very low these days anyway.

Thanks for your support and have a nice Sunday!

BTT

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

A Dev's life - 12

Sunny Sunday greetings!

After yesterday's post I got a DM asking about the timeline/workflow.
It seems more than unclear what I'm doing and where it's going

"I can understand that you're reworking the first chapters and pushing for a steam release, I'm sorry there won't be significant new content soon. The schedule isn't clear to me, so ... if the rework comes out in February (?), that's a 3 month cycle, would a new chapter come out 3 months after that? So six months for a new chapter? 9 months?"

So let me try to clarify this.

I'm not just doing a rework, I'm working on the new update at the same time (and when I get tired of both, I play around with Blender).

The rework means

- polishing the animations and trying to make them feel more natural.
- adding some options/choices
- cleaning up the variable mess I made

Right now I'm concentrating on the renders, which means making new ones or polishing the old ones and rendering them overnight.

There are some hiccups to fix in the story/logic. For example if you deny Alex in the pool scene at Isa's Isabella still says "I've heard you two in the bathroom".

The story itself will be the same though.

At the same time I'm working on 4.1, I've got a few hundred stills plus animations and 1000 lines of code done now, and I've set up two new locations (Alex's apartment and a club).

So the question you all want an answer to is:
When is the update?

Like always: When it's done.
Because of the rework, I'm way behind schedule on the update.
I might be able to finish it in February, but even then I wouldn't release it if the rework wasn't done.

Why, you might ask?
Because adding choices might break saves and it makes no sense to add 1-2 hours of playtime now and force you to restart in 4.2.

Sorry, I can't/won't give a timeline.
If I'm not able to release 4.1 by the end of February, I'll pause Patreon in March. I think that's a fair deal.

Tell me what you think?

Have a nice Sunday,

BTT

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes