VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

fifo5310

Feb 25, 2018

Late Weekend Update

Sorry for the late update, I've been struggling with this scene for a few days.
Big environment, different cam angles, low light. Not really fun to setup up and render.
After the club scene in chapter one, I said to myself "no more low light scenes".
That didn't age well ;)
Well, it's done, more or less. There's just one more branching to set up and render, but it'll be a lot shorter than the one I just finished.
There are still two scenes to finish for this update, but they are much easier than the last one. Well, and the "special scenes".
All in all, I'm on time ;)
Thanks for your support,
have a nice weekend and if you like Annou, look forward for a MM ;)
(I needed a pinup for the story that turned out into two special renders)

BTT

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
yeah I dunno what kind of person you have to be to dump her but I just can't do it even to see what the alternative scene is :)
I just had to wanted to be faithful to Isabella since she is the girl I want but man it sucked doing that felt like pos especially knowing all the shit she's gone through and how much she likes / loves the MC.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
It's not cheating if you have permission. Being in a non-traditional relationship is not being unfaithful.
I don't recall her giving permission for it yet but even if she does and I forgot it still isn't a faithful run. To me a faithful run = 1 girl doesn't matter if permission is given for a throuple. A throuple run = permission is given so it isnt cheating.

Reactions: badtimetales

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I don't recall her giving permission for it yet but even if she does and I forgot it still isn't a faithful run.
Throuple is in the future tags. It's pretty obvious who the two in the throuple are which means she will be giving permission at some point.

To me a faithful run = 1 girl doesn't matter if permission is given for a throuple. A throuple run = permission is given so it isnt cheating.
It doesn't matter what it means to you. You are saying faithful when you mean monogamous. Faithful can apply to a poly relationship as well.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Throuple is in the future tags. It's pretty obvious who the two in the throuple are which means she will be giving permission at some point.

It doesn't matter what it means to you. You are saying faithful when you mean monogamous. Faithful can apply to a poly relationship as well.
I know all of this... and when I say faithful I'm not saying a throuple cant be faithful since you need permission for it to work anyways. I'm saying faithful run like a faithful playthrough / solo girl run.... that's what it typically mean when referring to a faithful run or playthrough. I never seen anyone call a throuple run / playthrough a faithful one they just refer to it as a throuple run / playthrough. Probably could of worded things better earlier as I was tired then.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
OK...

Back to this again .... :ROFLMAO:

I don't blame anybody who want's Alex or Isa on a single road. Or both together. Or, as I've learned there are people out there who are not interested in both of them. Well, there is still Zeus, walking into the night with the MC.

I think my favorite is clear until now. Yes, an author/dev should never tell what his favorite is, but that's a bit late to hide I fear :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

If you reject Alex, it's ok.
If you love Alex and reject Isa, it's ok too.

And for the three of them, be sure it will be a natural and wholesome development and relationship.
The girls got closer the last update and will do the next one.
This is not the "MC decides to fuck this and that girl and they have to love it, no matter how they feel".
Which unfortunately excludes Val and all the other girls.

Because
a. More than two girls aren't "natural"
b. and what is more important, the branching would kill me

One thing I feel guilty of (Liar!):
I tried to make the Alex decision difficult for all players who don't like her or want an Isa only route.

A bit too emotional?
Perhaps, sorry? But as I try to deliver a realistic story, a "ok, you don't want me, good bye" wouldn't have fit.

And anyway Alex will still be there, even if you reject her.

As I said a few times, I'm trying to tell a story.
If I'm good at this or if people like it... we'll see.
1000 new supporters and 5000 new ratings would be great, but... yeah. I'll tell my story anyway ;)

Have a nice weekend,

BTT

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes