VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
OK...

Back to this again .... :ROFLMAO:

I don't blame anybody who want's Alex or Isa on a single road. Or both together. Or, as I've learned there are people out there who are not interested in both of them. Well, there is still Zeus, walking into the night with the MC.

I think my favorite is clear until now. Yes, an author/dev should never tell what his favorite is, but that's a bit late to hide I fear :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

If you reject Alex, it's ok.
If you love Alex and reject Isa, it's ok too.

And for the three of them, be sure it will be a natural and wholesome development and relationship.
The girls got closer the last update and will do the next one.
This is not the "MC decides to fuck this and that girl and they have to love it, no matter how they feel".
Which unfortunately excludes Val and all the other girls.

Because
a. More than two girls aren't "natural"
b. and what is more important, the branching would kill me

One thing I feel guilty of (Liar!):
I tried to make the Alex decision difficult for all players who don't like her or want an Isa only route.

A bit too emotional?
Perhaps, sorry? But as I try to deliver a realistic story, a "ok, you don't want me, good bye" wouldn't have fit.

And anyway Alex will still be there, even if you reject her.

As I said a few times, I'm trying to tell a story.
If I'm good at this or if people like it... we'll see.
1000 new supporters and 5000 new ratings would be great, but... yeah. I'll tell my story anyway ;)

Have a nice weekend,

BTT
i fall in a differen catagory where i like both but i dislike lesbian/bi stuff so i will stick with the Isa solo route as i doubt id be a fan of the route with both

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
OK...

I don't blame anybody who want's Alex or Isa on a single road. Or both together. Or, as I've learned there are people out there who are not interested in both of them. Well, there is still Zeus, walking into the night with the MC.

I think my favorite is clear until now. Yes, an author/dev should never tell what his favorite is, but that's a bit late to hide I fear :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

And for the three of them, be sure it will be a natural and wholesome development and relationship.
This is not the "MC decides to fuck this and that girl and they have to love it, no matter how they feel".

Because

I tried to make the Alex decision difficult for all players who don't like her or want an Isa only route.

A bit too emotional?
Perhaps, sorry? But as I try to deliver a realistic story, a "ok, you don't want me, good bye" wouldn't have fit.

1000 new supporters and 5000 new ratings would be great, but... yeah. I'll tell my story anyway ;)

Have a nice weekend,

BTT
"I tried to make the Alex decision difficult for all players who don't like her or want an Isa only route." You did a good job of that. Way to lay on the guilt trip. I had to change to the throuple path! :LOL:

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
"I tried to make the Alex decision difficult for all players who don't like her or want an Isa only route." You did a good job of that. Way to lay on the guilt trip. I had to change to the throuple path! :LOL:
I confess, I don't think I'll ever see Alex's breakup scene. Not only because I like her so much, but, because the throuple IS my goal. Since the Dev made it clear that it was an option, any other option seemingly ceased to exist for me.

I'm Sorry BTT, I'll never see that part of your work.

Peace :)

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I confess, I don't think I'll ever see Alex's breakup scene. Not only because I like her so much, but, because the throuple IS my goal. Since the Dev made it clear that it was an option, any other option seemingly ceased to exist for me.

I'm Sorry BTT, I'll never see that part of your work.

We need a support group for our trauma :LOL:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
OK...

Because

A bit too emotional?

Have a nice weekend,

BTT
I don't understand the hate people have for Alex. I normally hate starting with a gf/wife, but Alex is awesome. Isa, well, not so much for me. I'm still a bit behind and probably won't catch up for awhile. But I'm also behind on several other games that I play.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I don't understand the hate people have for Alex. I normally hate starting with a gf/wife, but Alex is awesome. Isa, well, not so much for me. I'm still a bit behind and probably won't catch up for awhile. But I'm also behind on several other games that I play.
Well, everything has been said about Alex.
People love her or hate her and even some people who love her don't like her hairstyle.

For Isa it's a bit unfair, as her character building isn't finished yet. Which is clearly a mistake on my side.
But I think it's clear until now that she isn't the damsel in distress as most people saw her at the beginning ;)

MC/Isa and Isa/Alex relationship will improve in the next update and with that Isa's character will evolve.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Well, everything has been said about Alex.
People love her or hate her and even some people who love her don't like her hairstyle.

For Isa it's a bit unfair, as her character building isn't finished yet. Which is clearly a mistake on my side.
But I think it's clear until now that she isn't the damsel in distress as most people saw her at the beginning ;)

MC/Isa and Isa/Alex relationship will improve in the next update and with that Isa's character will evolve.
I know. My comment was more of a: "How dare they not like her." :ROFLMAO: I'll stick with my Alex solo path.

Oct 10, 2022
I think my favorite is clear until now. Yes, an author/dev should never tell what his favorite is, but that's a bit late to hide I fear
You even name the game Isabella, I wonder who is your favourite? :unsure:

I don't understand the hate people have for Alex.
Someone hate Alex?! People are weird. Even though I don't get it, some people are preferring Bella over Alex, I am not okay with it but I do understand. But hating her? Really!

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022

Someone hate Alex?! People are weird. Even though I don't get it, some people are preferring Bella over Alex, I am not okay with it but I do understand. But hating her? Really!
I don't know either, Alex is like a pretty, small, hurt, little kitten that we are enjoying bringing back to life. It is incomprehensible having the heart to wound her further. To me.

Peace :(

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I don't know either, Alex is like a pretty, small, hurt, little kitten that we are enjoying bringing back to life. It is incomprehensible having the heart to wound her further. To me.

Peace :(
Yeah I know. I wanted to play both the solo paths but I just couldn't do that to Alex. I just want to wrap her in a blankie, put her to bed, snuggle her to sleep and then go hump the shit out of Isabella :LOL:

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Isa will have her part, both in the relationship (if wanted) and the story.
With the "favorite" I meant the paths, I'm ok with the solo routes, but the three together is clearly my choice.

Asking which girl I like more is impossible to answer.
Both ladies are "created" from girls I knew (visual and character) and I wouldn't be able to make a decision in real life.
They are complete different, but for me that's what they make both very interesting.

But I think Badtimetales will do it justice here

He has already shown he is a very good writer
:O

Thank you, I'm trying to do my best ;)

I don't know either, Alex is like a pretty, small, hurt, little kitten that we are enjoying bringing back to life.
:D
Don't let her hear that or she will show her claws ;)

(old one, don't remember if I posted it here)

mm0313-1920.png

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I admit at first I was hesitant about the throuple too
I normally only like throuples if the girls are already in love and in a relationship before the mc meets them
But I think Badtimetales will do it justice here

He has already shown he is a very good writer
Yes, he has special and rare gift for character creation. Yes, the graphics too. But I mean the real character, their reactions, their personality, their quirks.

Even the male characters.

Alex and even Isa, that is only starting to be fully fleshed out, are very special.

Look, I can imagine Alex in bed, after sex, relaxed but energetic, telling us (me and Isa) a story, giggling and kicking her feet in the air on the funnier parts. I can hear her running barefoot in the house taunting Zeus, maniacally laughing, then running to Isa that is drying her hair in the Bathroom, hug her from the back whispering something that makes Isa kiss her.

BTT makes me feel like I've lived with them for real.

Oct 10, 2022
Asking which girl I like more is impossible to answer.
Both ladies are "created" from girls I knew (visual and character) and I wouldn't be able to make a decision in real life.
They are complete different, but for me that's what they make both very interesting.

You are telling me that there is a real life, flesh and bones Alex walking around? Our world has been blessed by a real Alex?

Last edited:

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
You are telling me that there is a real life, flesh and bones Alex walking around? Our world has been blessed by a real Alex?

Yep, somewhere in Norway (or was it Sweden?) now, don't have any contact anymore, her new "lover" didn't like me, no idea why. :ROFLMAO:
Body and character are the same, just long blond hair ;) (or better: I used her for the Alex in game)

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Yep, somewhere in Norway (or was it Sweden?) now, don't have any contact anymore, her new "lover" didn't like me, no idea why. :ROFLMAO:
Body and character are the same, just long blond hair ;) (or better: I used her for the Alex in game)
Good writers borrow, and they write what they know. My favourite fantasy writer told me that. I don't know if he was right or wrong, I just know if I can immerse myself in a story and feel apart of the story and not just a bystander, I'm happy. After playing this I'm happy.

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes