flwqo

Modder
Jun 6, 2021
I thought they looked grotesque afterwards.
The point is not necessarily to show attraction, but corruption. There's a balance to be struck though; clearly for you it went too far. I was fine with it, my problem is with extreme body modification, like gigantic melons. Thankfully it's not in this game.

Alternation62

Mar 7, 2019
The point is not necessarily to show attraction, but corruption. There's a balance to be struck though; clearly for you it went too far. I was fine with it, my problem is with extreme body modification, like gigantic melons. Thankfully it's not in this game.
It's one thing the sequel has over this one. The girls get unique modifications and not just follow the same style. Now if only the MC looked like the one in this game...

Alternation62

Mar 7, 2019
if coincidental, then rather unfortunate naming using isis
irl it has rather more negative conotations
if intentional, then without a taste

otherwise looks decent, but could use more scenes before chicks became bimbos
I'm surprised you take offense to the name of an Egyptian goddess and not the F#CKING NAZI SALUTE!

Reactions: Anglovehen

Bonkksman

Jun 24, 2018
Someone needs to change the tags to include Netorare. It's definitely in there, and it's not in the tags.

flwqo

Modder
Jun 6, 2021
Finally updated my enhancement mod with much improved videos: HERE.

Disclaimer: due to the previous mentioned playback bug in the latest version of the game, using the mod will have a noticeable increase in CPU usage during videos. It's also the reason why videos are only 60 fps, not 120 fps.

If your pc lags horribly during the longer scenes later in the game, you may need to remove videos.rpa. There's nothing to do unfortunately unless dev updates the game.

wapoww

Sep 8, 2020
Thank you to the brave US soldiers who helped topple down the ISIS

(Haven't played this game)

Semper Fi

flwqo

Modder
Jun 6, 2021
I've updated my mod with massive script improvements and 120hz videos! It's been a long time in the making, I'm guessing 40+ hours of work and testing. The code alone I had to write to help me parse and edit is this much:
screenshot_20.png

Major changes includes:
  • The dialogue and prose have gone through multiple passes with various tools, manual proofreading and play-through to improve editing, spelling, grammar, sentence structure. I've made the choice to go with British English for consistency.
Thousands of sentences across the whole game have been improved. Here's an example early in the process:
isis_scriptdiff.PNG
The script's been further refined since, but it's certainly not perfect. A full play-through with manual checking was done for hard to catch context sensitive errors (referring to the wrong rank, etc).

• Improves the performance when playing a scene with video.
This requires a bit of an explanation. In Isis (and its sequel Valdana), when videos play, they don't close the previous video. Which means when the game plays the next video, it does so on top of the previous. Now imagine a scene with seven videos playing one after another. The game will play seven videos simultaneously causing performance problems and heavy lag. Combine that with Renpys terrible video playback requiring 10x the CPU compared to a media player, my 120 fps enhanced videos, and it's a recipe for disaster.
The problem stems from that Tjord uses show for movies. will put the media up top of the current layer. As such, it's commonly used for things like character sprites which goes on top of a background image (which is what Isis does). What should've been used is , which removes all other things before displaying the media. This will solve the performance issue, but a slight problem is that it takes a fraction of a second to open the next movie, which will result in a small black frames flicker between movies. To mask this I've used a transition on the movies that lack them, leaving any current transitions alone.
TLDR: show movie1 -> scene movie1 with dissolve

• Completely changed the way the game handles gallery replay. Should be no different to the player.
This came up because I was testing my changes of the dialogue through the gallery, yet the changes weren't reflected. After a bit of digging, I figured out why.
It's because the gallery scenes play from a completely different file, SCHEMATY, which has copies of all the gallery scenes from the game. So you're technically playing an entirely different scene when done from the gallery compared to normally. This makes it harder and error prone to edit the script because any changes needs to also be reflected in SCHEMATY.
The obvious solution is to make the gallery replay the actual scene in-game. Renpy does have a built in system, but I couldn't make it work. The reason for that, I believe, is due to how Tjord handles the different versions of the character sprites, which is done by setting different global variables (which is then concatenated into a string which decides the sprite to load). Since the replay system by design doesn't change anything, I can't set any global variables from it.
The solution was to hack together something that mimics the replay system. I first setup a gallery with the needed state before the label the scene occurs in, including a globally defined replay variable. Then I to the start of the scene if needed. At the end of the scene, I return based on the replay variable.

• Included a text box transparency mod to have better view of the images and videos when playing the game. If unwanted, remove the y_outline files.
I included and stripped down a mod from Penfold Mole. This will make the text box transparent which makes it much nicer to read and view the images and movies at the same time.

Due to all the improvements of my mod, this next version, maybe a bit presumptuous, is called the Definitive Edition. I've also uploaded an all-in-one version which is the game plus definitive edition with all unnecessary files removed (including the now unused SCHEMATY), at the highest archive compression. The goal is to have the best version of the game at the smallest size.

You can get the mod here: Isis - Definitive Edition

Last edited:

AkaQ

May 23, 2022
If there's one thing I would like "fixed" in ISIS, that would be the one scene Corrupted-Hikari is introduced.
Her mouth is really weird in a zombie-like way, showing her teeth.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

flwqo

Modder
Jun 6, 2021
If there's one thing I would like "fixed" in ISIS, that would be the one scene Corrupted-Hikari is introduced.
Her mouth is really weird in a zombie-like way, showing her teeth.
Here's that picture upscaled to 8K and cropped:
I don't really see the problem. It looks that way because her mouth is twisted due to her tongue.

Last edited:
Reactions: AkaQ

AkaQ

May 23, 2022
Here's that picture upscaled to 8K and cropped:
I don't really see the problem. It looks that way because her mouth is twisted due to her tongue.
OHHHH ITS HER TONGUE HAHAHAHAHAHA xD
In my mind I saw gum+teeth, something that looked like Nemesis from Resident Evil lol.
It's still weird tho, I really thought it was some clipping bug from honeyselect.

BigBlob69

May 4, 2022
So I've just started playing: is this game trying to make me hate the mc? Like I know going in he's supposed to be the bad guy, but he's also very whiny, not very good at his job, and apparently ugly. And the story makes me really want the good guys to win, which he obviously is fighting against.

MakeMeTea

Aug 7, 2016
So I've just started playing: is this game trying to make me hate the mc? Like I know going in he's supposed to be the bad guy, but he's also very whiny, not very good at his job, and apparently ugly. And the story makes me really want the good guys to win, which he obviously is fighting against.
That's the point. You are the bad guy, they are good people. However, you are wrong about something — the protagonist is very good at his real job.

Reactions: BigBlob69

BigBlob69

May 4, 2022
That's the point. You are the bad guy, they are good people. However, you are wrong about something — the protagonist is very good at his real job.
Yeah after playing more I get it. Basically it's all just background for the hot kink to play out on.

MakeMeTea

Aug 7, 2016
Yeah after playing more I get it. Basically it's all just background for the hot kink to play out on.
If you like the concept, try Valdana: The Fall later from the same author. It's the sequel with more plot and intrigues. Plus Tjord is making a big update for Valdana right now.

Reactions: BigBlob69

flwqo

Modder
Jun 6, 2021
Man, I gotta stop... so after the recent update of my mod to the Valdana sequel I learned a lot. I also got suspicious that the gallery in Isis wasn't perfect. And that's exactly what I found. The Tila1 scene had an incorrect sprite stage.

Well, you can't have a "definitive" version of something with an obvious flaw, right? So I had to fix that. I also took what I learned from Valdana modding to further remove unused/compiled files to keep the game clean. Then for the AIO version I removed unused sound files and encoded the sounds to further keep the size down. Finally I changed to BG/sex sounds to a separate channel for better sound customisation.

TLDR: the "definitive" mod is even more... definitive now.

Reactions: Dreamer44
4.00 star(s) 31 Votes