3.10 star(s) 13 Votes

APTiCT

May 30, 2020
My bad. I probably entered the wrong data when I was porting it. But I'm positive it is up to date. It says 0.5 but it is 0.6
Oh, I see. Also, I don't know if it's the problem on my side, but none of the gestures work, which means you can't even go to the main menu and save the game. It would be nice if you can add the settings button or something like that.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Sorry developer, I've tried to like your game, but I just can't. I gave up after reaching chapter 3. I wanted that already before, after chapter 1, but the cinematic got me hooked, you should really put that at the beginning of the game or after the intro to get people hooked. Here are some more of my thoughts about the game that didn't fit into my rating. Good luck nevertheless.

The transitions during conversation (intro and first free roam section) are horrible and make me dizzy. The break between Intro and gameplay is odd, personally I don’t like it. When the MC works on weekends at the club, he would have missed work during the intro. The intro ends on a Sunday and played on a Saturday, on which Machi doesn’t work by the way. If you visit the club you learn that the MC doesn’t even work there this current year.

It’s weird that the charactery you speak to reset to their default expression every time you talk just to change once it’s their turn.
The MC explains and repeats too much. I’ve read the last message box, no need to tell me again.

You have to open the quest menu to see what time it is? That’s really not good, when you need the time to know what events you could see. If all your interactions are during the same time windows, then the system makes no sense. (chapter 1) Really, no scene for the bath with Etune?

The first free roam part is not in a good spot I would say. The dream sequence wasn’t enough to get me hooked and the characters didn’t either. Then the free roam part came and left me with the search for something to care. The interactions with the girls, were boring and the progression too fast. Spending time with Azumi was somewhat the best part. Yet you could do that only once a week and because the other girls were only rarely to visit, you didn’t have anything to do, besides making money. Which I didn’t had a clue for what I could use it.

When Etune asks the MC why he wants back home, doesn’t he remember that he has a sister? A mother? Friends/lovers? A job?

Sometimes it’s hard to understand if the MC is thinking or talking out loud.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Honestly, nothing to be sorry about. You have the right to your own opinion and perspective and that is fine. That doesn't neccessarily mean I will agree to it, and you don't have to agree with my side either. This is fine, just fine.

Let me just to break down some of the things from your review...

"It’s weird that the charactery you speak to reset to their default expression every time you talk just to change once it’s their turn"
So wait... you're literally bothered by the fact I'm taking my TIME... to ANIMATE characters conversations? You'd rather have static faces and that's it? No emotions on them? No lip movement? Well, fuck me. Have it your way... your cup of tea not mine.

He takes a half demon from a fantasy world back to our normal world and just goes shopping with her. While it was considered what a culture shock the demon would have, no thought went to the people on the street or at the shop, when they see a woman in strange clothing, with horns, pointy ears and a unnatural skin tone.
Based off of this I can literally tell you didn't read and pay attention. Etune was afraid in the scene which was noted in writing, and the main character came up with idea that if anyone questions her look he can go with excuse of "cosplay". And later he speaks to her about how she feels etc. Also.. IT IS AFANTASY GAME - if you tell me you're expecting full blown real life realism in fantasy games, I'm going to fucking flip it.

Now, when it comes to other aspects you've mentioned regarding transitions and how they make you dizzy, yes. I'm well aware of this. And yes, you're absolutely correct in this. I will not argue about this nor deny the fact you're fully right here.

As I said I'm aware a lot of things could've been better, but I explained in previous post why some things are as they are. Anyways, when it comes to systems etc... yes. I'll shake your hand on it.

But I simply do not have time right now to go back that early into the development given my IRL obligations. Not saying it won't be fixed and improved perhaps when I'm done. So yeah, on that part I'm on your side.

But when it comes to the overall story and your demands? Not as a developer, but as I person I believe you're damn preposterous.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Oh, I see. Also, I don't know if it's the problem on my side, but none of the gestures work, which means you can't even go to the main menu and save the game. It would be nice if you can add the settings button or something like that.
That far into the porting is beyond my personal abilities. That being said I know who to ask to deal with this, though I doubt it will be done in an instant. Maybe a day, two? Few? When they have time and are available, but I'll pass it on!

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I'm just now getting into this... Looks like someone else watches Gate (Although SG1 will always be the best gate show)
Well correct would be watched it. Long, long time ago. Too bad they didn't make more seasons than 2.

Last edited:

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017
You should! It's worth a watch!
i got sick of harem anime and those with too many love interest too... also nearing that point with isekai... mostly burn out

currently just watching wholesome anime from my childhood like kimba

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mystic

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
i got sick of harem anime and those with too many love interest too... also nearing that point with isekai... mostly burn out

currently just watching wholesome anime from my childhood like kimba
Hm... when it comes to gate, main character is more concerned about kicking ass than flirting.

Reactions: BanditoMarito

Greily

Mar 4, 2018
Chapter 1 doesn't leave much of a positive first impression. Like the intro should catch the interest of the players but it comes of as a grind right away and the writing isn't the worst I've seen, I'd say about a step away from George Lucas level lines...

A lot of reviews are rating this game fairly well so I'll try to play through it before I leave one myself. Just saying this now, the MC is absolutely an idiot, he talks (in his head) like a smart guy then fucking walks into a magic portal for a vague reward with zero explanation.

Giving us the option to ignore the portal at least the first time would be great, would even be a better place to put the chapter end notice... As it stands his architype is the first girl to die in horror movies and that would work if you weren't shooting for such a serious tone.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Chapter 1 doesn't leave much of a positive first impression. Like the intro should catch the interest of the players but it comes of as a grind right away and the writing isn't the worst I've seen, I'd say about a step away from George Lucas level lines...

A lot of reviews are rating this game fairly well so I'll try to play through it before I leave one myself. Just saying this now, the MC is absolutely an idiot, he talks (in his head) like a smart guy then fucking walks into a magic portal for a vague reward with zero explanation.

Giving us the option to ignore the portal at least the first time would be great, would even be a better place to put the chapter end notice... As it stands his architype is the first girl to die in horror movies and that would work if you weren't shooting for such a serious tone.
Well aware of it. When I'm done I'll probably go back and rework the start and what not. I know there are a lot of things there that require tweaking and complete changes. Just not something I can do -right now-. I am working overtime like a mad man.

Even the smartest people make dumb decisions from time to time. Call it being a human. :D

Reactions: zARRR and Greily

Sieglinnde

Let the Nightshine in - Developer
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
I wouldn't go that far about it. The difference is primarily in delayed releases. When I update to v0.2 you'll get the Patreon content that you didn't get in v0.1. So that's the difference. The delay. Which I think is fair to those who actually decide to support it.

There may be Patreon only content in future, but it won't affect the overall length of the game. But that should be to specific requests someone may have.

^ What I said above.

Thanks!

p.s Someone reminded me to say this, before ppl possibly mention it. But NO.... has no NTR will NOT have NTR. <.< >.> >.<
ntr when

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
My boy is a cultured one

Sniff, so proud of him

Update when? :Kappa:
Next week. As usual. And after that... hm 3 updates in following month and that's that. I'm done with this... well... first one that is. Got other things I wanna do.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Next week. As usual. And after that... hm 3 updates in following month and that's that. I'm done with this... well... first one that is. Got other things I wanna do.
Take it easy, I was just teasing you <3

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mystic

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
If one day Mystic will put ntr in his games, It will mean that the darkest hour has come upon us
Fact. I mean it just isn't my jam... not something I personally enjoy/like and as such I will not deal with such genre.

Reactions: EJW and zARRR
3.10 star(s) 13 Votes