VN Ren'Py It Could Be Worse! [2.4.2] [eHellJay]

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes

RichardDubbz

Mar 29, 2023
i don't understand what's happening. i load the new game (v2.4.2) from my last save and then it says see you in 2.4.2 episodes and goes to the main menu.
i saved from the screen where she goes to bed right before it'd normally tell me "see you in the 2.4.2 episodes. any idea why it's not showing me any new content?
last version was 2.4.1b_beta.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
The game presents itself as heavily choice based, with a whole stat system, I don't know how exactly it will all play out depending on the stats, I am assuming there will be a bunch of different endings, but I do like that the choices are there, because it adds meaning ( or so I thought ). However, if you try to play loyal path it all goes down hill. Natasha constantly canonically cheats on Fabio no matter what you choose. Here is the problem:

As a result, there are two possibilities: either she resists or she gives in. If she resists, I will frustrate half of the players who will resent me for having led them on, or she succumbs and I will frustrate the other half who do not like easy women (like me, by the way).
So basically, this is a lie. She canonically succumbs, completely and utterly, no matter the player choice. I tried to play the love path, I was on 100% love stat, and she cheats on Fabio at the party with Tom:

Screenshot 2023-11-11 071403.png
Then it is revealed that she cheated on him with Julian during school days:

Screenshot 2023-11-11 071757.png

After that there is a choice between beach volleyball and sea trip, if you choose the beach then you choose between either Julian or Matt. What follows next in each route are choices that bring love down from 100%:

Matt:
Screenshot 2023-11-11 071015.png

Julian:
Screenshot 2023-11-11 072348.png

In the first screen the choice is between undecided and adventurous, in the second screen the choice is between a combination of undecided, submissive and adventurous.

Then on the Julian path she cheats again:

Screenshot 2023-11-11 072700.png

And on the Matt path not only does she cheat:

Screenshot 2023-11-11 072901.png

But she goes full ham on the cheating:

Screenshot 2023-11-11 073022.png

Two routes here are not developed and but there is a romance path:

Screenshot 2023-11-11 073751.png

Which is more cheating:

Screenshot 2023-11-11 075734.png

So basically if you try to play her as loyal it becomes just a game of making sure she cheats less, as she canonically cheats 3-4 times bare minimum depending on the route you select, and at that point might as well go all the way and make her a full cheater.

The game also makes sure that Fabio doesn't satisfy Natasha in bed when they have sex, again canonically telling the player that Fabio is a bad choice, a bad lover and making sure that loyalty is as less rewarding as possible:

Screenshot 2023-11-11 074549.png

While I don't mind the cheating in this game, and I can enjoy the game still, what I dislike is that this game poses itself as a game in which your choices matter and cheating is avoidable when in reality it is not. I would say that the game could still be enjoyable on the cheating path, but in reality every path is a cheating path.

You might be asking if I am so interested in the loyalty path, why was I interested in a game that so heavily implies cheating? Well, I like to play games in which there are stakes, in most games about romance there is no possibility of cheating, I like to overcome challenges through choices, and meaningful choices at that, and make it so that the relationship stays strong because I chose so, it adds more weight. My point is I guess - you want to make a game about cheating? Cool, just don't try to mask it as a game where the player chooses if that happens or not.

Last edited:

KarokaKOHORT

Jun 16, 2018
i don't understand what's happening. i load the new game (v2.4.2) from my last save and then it says see you in 2.4.2 episodes and goes to the main menu.
i saved from the screen where she goes to bed right before it'd normally tell me "see you in the 2.4.2 episodes. any idea why it's not showing me any new content?
last version was 2.4.1b_beta.
Probably because you're not on a path, that's been updated. When it splits to 3 routes at the table (Matt+Anna/Julian/solo). I went with Julian and also didn't have any new scenes.

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
The game presents itself as heavily choice based, with a whole stat system, I don't know how exactly it will all play out depending on the stats, I am assuming there will be a bunch of different endings, but I do like that the choices are there, because it adds meaning ( or so I thought ). However, if you try to play loyal path it all goes down hill. Natasha constantly canonically cheats on Fabio no matter what you choose. Here is the problem:

So basically, this is a lie. She canonically succumbs, completely and utterly, no matter the player choice. I tried to play the love path, I was on 100% love stat, and she cheats on Fabio at the party with Tom:

View attachment 3077179

View attachment 3077182

After that there is a choice between beach volleyball and sea trip, if you choose the beach then you choose between either Julian or Matt. What follows next in each route are choices that bring love down from 100%:

Matt:
View attachment 3077171

Julian:
View attachment 3077192

In the first screen the choice is between undecided and adventurous, in the second screen the choice is between a combination of undecided, submissive and adventurous.

View attachment 3077196

View attachment 3077209

View attachment 3077200

View attachment 3077206

Which is more cheating:

View attachment 3077237

So basically if you try to play her as loyal it becomes just a game of making sure she cheats less, as she canonically cheats 3-4 times bare minimum depending on the route you select, and at that point might as well go all the way and make her a full cheater.

The game also makes sure that Fabio doesn't satisfy Natasha in bed when they have sex, again canonically telling the player that Fabio is a bad choice, a bad lover and making sure that loyalty is as less rewarding as possible:

View attachment 3077217

While I don't mind the cheating in this game, and I can enjoy the game still, what I dislike is that this game poses itself as a game in which your choices matter and cheating is avoidable when in reality it is not. I would say that the game could still be enjoyable on the cheating path, but in reality every path is a cheating path.

You might be asking if I am so interested in the loyalty path, why was I interested in a game that so heavily implies cheating? Well, I like to play games in which there are stakes, in most games about romance there is no possibility of cheating, I like to overcome challenges through choices, and meaningful choices at that, and make it so that the relationship stays strong because I chose so, it adds more weight. My point is I guess - you want to make a game about cheating? Cool, just don't try to mask it as a game where the player chooses if that happens or not.
You wrote: "In fact, it's a lie. She succumbs canonically, completely and totally."
Two comments:
1° If you read correctly, this kiss is stolen by Thomas; at no point does she really agree. If she's not reticent, it's because she's surprised and embarrassed. This is how seducers usually proceed: they are determined and take advantage of a lack of self-confidence!
2° Do you see a simple kiss as "She succumbs canonically, completely and totally"? What will you name the rest then !!!! What's more, she only starts to accept him if she goes down the romance route with Thomas...

By the way, we're attaching a partial WT for the "Thomas" route so players can see for themselves. And what's true for Thomas is also true for Julian and Matt: they can both be spurned, without the slightest problem. We could reply at greater length, but we've got other things to do.

On the other hand, please don't write things like "That's a lie". It's insulting! Because even if you were right, at worst it could be a mistake or a lack of experience, but never a desire to lie to players whom we respect and to whom we simply want to please.

You are, once again unfortunately, an example of lack of benevolence. And who are you to allow yourself to act in this way?
As some players have commented: if you don't like it, play another game!

Reactions: rrxm and Losersriot

Ilcoriglianese forte

Sep 7, 2023
Guys the game is made to make the wife cheat on MC, now with whom and how are the choices they give us, if we don't choose, the game ends, so much so that I skip chapters if I don't choose some of them and I skip the chapter, only with two I can play all the chapters, but by making them act like a slut, they will surely write the usual bullshit that I complain about, but it's a game without a story, without an emotion, the usual slutty wife who on the first outing , she meets the handsome man of the moment, and the carousel begins, then she forces her husband to go on holiday because the young man promised her the rest, but on holiday her choices increase, always beautiful men with cocks like horses, of course old Mc is ugly with a small dick and problems with cumming immediately, practically a Mc compared to a plant, plus the poor Mc was not enough he rushes against the rocks due to a broken parachute, but the wife who does, because she loves him, we always have this word that everyone gives it away now, instead of going in the ambulance with Mc, he goes after it with the super hot lifeguard, it's when they return to the hotel with Mc all in a cast, the wife's concern is rightly, you want to see that this will ruin my holiday and fuck , what a caring wife, in my opinion if MC remains in a coma, the wife would have been happier, a big weight less, hahhahahahhah

• Angry
Reactions: Losersriot

Ilcoriglianese forte

Sep 7, 2023

View attachment 3077179

View attachment 3077182

Matt:
View attachment 3077171

Julian:
View attachment 3077192

View attachment 3077196

View attachment 3077209

View attachment 3077200

View attachment 3077206

Which is more cheating:

View attachment 3077237

View attachment 3077217

You have to add that poor Mc has a small dick, he cums immediately, it's ugly compared to his wife's lovers, and he also has the misfortune of having an accident, so he's in a cast and on holiday with his slutty wife, what worse can you add, hahahaha

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
Guys the game is made to make the wife cheat on MC, now with whom and how are the choices they give us, if we don't choose, the game ends, so much so that I skip chapters if I don't choose some of them and I skip the chapter, only with two I can play all the chapters, but by making them act like a slut, they will surely write the usual bullshit that I complain about, but it's a game without a story, without an emotion, the usual slutty wife who on the first outing , she meets the handsome man of the moment, and the carousel begins, then she forces her husband to go on holiday because the young man promised her the rest, but on holiday her choices increase, always beautiful men with cocks like horses, of course old Mc is ugly with a small dick and problems with cumming immediately, practically a Mc compared to a plant, plus the poor Mc was not enough he rushes against the rocks due to a broken parachute, but the wife who does, because she loves him, we always have this word that everyone gives it away now, instead of going in the ambulance with Mc, he goes after it with the super hot lifeguard, it's when they return to the hotel with Mc all in a cast, the wife's concern is rightly, you want to see that this will ruin my holiday and fuck , what a caring wife, in my opinion if MC remains in a coma, the wife would have been happier, a big weight less, hahhahahahhah
If you don't feel female emotion and don't like guys, why you play like girl :KEK: in romance :PogChamp:novell without lesbianism? You specially fond this game?

Ilcoriglianese forte

Sep 7, 2023
If you don't feel female emotion and don't like guys, why you play like girl :KEK: in romance :PogChamp:novell without lesbianism? You specially fond this game?

Honestly, games like this just make me laugh, what emotions, let me understand, a woman who looks like a sex shop toy, and a Mc with all the bad luck in the world, hahahahhahah, this is a classic, you want to win easy, hahahaha

• Angry

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
You wrote: "In fact, it's a lie. She succumbs canonically, completely and totally."
Two comments:
1° If you read correctly, this kiss is stolen by Thomas; at no point does she really agree. If she's not reticent, it's because she's surprised and embarrassed. This is how seducers usually proceed: they are determined and take advantage of a lack of self-confidence!
2° Do you see a simple kiss as "She succumbs canonically, completely and totally"? What will you name the rest then !!!! What's more, she only starts to accept him if she goes down the romance route with Thomas...

By the way, we're attaching a partial WT for the "Thomas" route so players can see for themselves. And what's true for Thomas is also true for Julian and Matt: they can both be spurned, without the slightest problem. We could reply at greater length, but we've got other things to do.

On the other hand, please don't write things like "That's a lie". It's insulting! Because even if you were right, at worst it could be a mistake or a lack of experience, but never a desire to lie to players whom we respect and to whom we simply want to please.

You are, once again unfortunately, an example of lack of benevolence. And who are you to allow yourself to act in this way?
SHE is YOU! Read tag: FEMALE protagonist.

Ilcoriglianese forte

Sep 7, 2023
SHE is YOU! Read tag: FEMALE protagonist.

this is the premise, where it is written that she is MC

Overview:
If you agree with me that the guy on the left looks like an idiot, you're right: he is! If you agree with me that the girl in front of him looks pretty good, you have good taste! And if you're wondering what the cute guy behind her is doing there, I suggest you play my first game: "It could be worse!"

• Angry

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
Honestly, games like this just make me laugh, what emotions, let me understand, a woman who looks like a sex shop toy, and a Mc with all the bad luck in the world, hahahahhahah, this is a classic, you want to win easy, hahahaha
Where you from? Newer seen real white girls? All of them look like. And: 6000 male games here but you find RARE female game. WHY?

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
this is the premise, where it is written that she is MC

Overview:
If you agree with me that the guy on the left looks like an idiot, you're right: he is! If you agree with me that the girl in front of him looks pretty good, you have good taste! And if you're wondering what the cute guy behind her is doing there, I suggest you play my first game: "It could be worse!"
You make CHOISING playing like SHE.

Ilcoriglianese forte

Sep 7, 2023
You make CHOISING playing like SHE.

The choices you make with her are exclusively slutty, nothing that other games with a male MC don't do, you change the MC male or female, but in the end the result is that you always have a wife who is a cheater and a slut, you find me the one difference, don't tell me I'm not right, if he doesn't make the slightest cheat the game ends, ergo, you have to make the choice who to forcefully fuck with. here are your choices, nothingness.

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
Probably because you're not on a path, that's been updated. When it splits to 3 routes at the table (Matt+Anna/Julian/solo). I went with Julian and also didn't have any new scenes.
You are right. The game "remembers" the route you previously chose. So when an update comes, it's only a partial one.
We tried to number the files from day 3 onwards to make them consistent, but we didn't really explain, and what's more we screwed up by swapping Matt and Julian between day 3 and 4 (we're sorry!).
Prologue → 1.0
day 1 (first choice)→ 2.1.0
day 2 (the second choices) → 2.2.0
day 3 - Matt → 2.3.1
day 3 - Julian → 2.3.2
day 3 - Thomas → 2.3.3 (a & b)
day 4 - Julian → 2.4.1 (a & b)
day 4 - Matt → 2.4.2
day 4 - Thomas → 2.4.3 (a, b is coming...)
Hope this helps.

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
The choices you make with her are exclusively slutty, nothing that other games with a male MC don't do, you change the MC male or female, but in the end the result is that you always have a wife who is a cheater and a slut, you find me the one difference, don't tell me I'm not right, if he doesn't make the slightest cheat the game ends, ergo, you have to make the choice who to forcefully fuck with. here are your choices, nothingness.
Some ignorant babble, dude. If you don't like any guy in game, find another game.

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
You say: choices you make with her are exclusively slutty. BULLSHIT.

I play ROMANCE line with THOMAS, i reject him first once, but he feel love in vacacion days. This game have real ADULT emotional ROMANCE line !

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
I very deliberately did not crop out the text from the screenshot: ''She lets the kiss happen with no fear, no reluctance.'' There is quote a bit more text to indicate that she wants it, both before and after.

It is not a simple kiss, she emotionally cheats through out the whole game in her mind, it is evident from all the text how much she enjoys it and wants it. If your gf lets guys touch her body, blushes, thinks about how hot they are and how exiting it is and then makes out with them you would not consider that cheating? That is actually the reason that I call every scene cheating that I point out, it is the combination of the action with the text. The text about how she feels does not change depending on stats, choices are made in a vacuum.

Temptation on it's own is mildly acceptable on a loyal path, although she already in her mind is very disloyal, but there 100% needs to be a stop to ALL physical affection prompted by a choice, IF you are interested in offering loyal path.

I'll check it out.

I don't really intend to insult, maybe I was too blunt, and I apologize, but you also have to understand that when a dev says something, and then you find out in the game that what was said is not how it is in the actual game, that causes disappointment and frustration.

I am providing feedback. I very rarely nit-pick at things like graphics, artistic direction, genre, variety of sexual content etc. I prefer to point out inconsistencies between intent and practice, plot holes, coherency of choices etc.

At the end of the day the dev can do whatever the hell the dev wants to do, it is their game, whether feedback is taken into account or not is their choice.

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
Yes then on the island she fucks him badly, beautiful romance. Well done.
What? There was no sex on the island if you don't choise sex afrer party in town. But YOU have whore behavior and blaiming... her? SHE is YOU, dude ). And... romance without sex??? This is something new. She and he may be 90 y.o couple a.... virgins?

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes