VN Ren'Py It Could Be Worse! [2.4.2] [eHellJay]

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
You are right. The game "remembers" the route you previously chose. So when an update comes, it's only a partial one.
We tried to number the files from day 3 onwards to make them consistent, but we didn't really explain, and what's more we screwed up by swapping Matt and Julian between day 3 and 4 (we're sorry!).
Prologue → 1.0
day 1 (first choice)→ 2.1.0
day 2 (the second choices) → 2.2.0
day 3 - Matt → 2.3.1
day 3 - Julian → 2.3.2
day 3 - Thomas → 2.3.3 (a & b)
day 4 - Julian → 2.4.1 (a & b)
day 4 - Matt → 2.4.2
day 4 - Thomas → 2.4.3 (a, b is coming...)
Hope this helps.
Who you? This game your? If it true, remember: all of theme here, because you create YOUR game. If you start hear fan words, you change game, and your fan will go away.

• Haha
Reactions: L0b0ts

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
I very deliberately did not crop out the text from the screenshot: ''She lets the kiss happen with no fear, no reluctance.'' There is quote a bit more text to indicate that she wants it, both before and after.
You're wrong. She's attracted, she's maybe seduced too, but it's not the same. If you take a look at the very first stats, Thomas is 20%. Why? Because of what happened before the story starts. The bet and Thomas & Nat meetings the weeks before the party. And you missed this :
"[Natashas is embarrassed, and that's kind of what Thomas is looking for. She looks away for a moment.]"
Thomas: "Why are we here?"
"[Natashas is completely destabilized, she does not know what to do or say. This is the moment that Thomas chooses...]"
Thomas: "I think I know why..."
"[He leans towards her, and with the hand that still holds her chin, guides her lips towards his and kisses her. Thomas slides his lips over hers several times.]"
"[As she didn’t expect him to make his move right there, Natasha doesn't doesn't withdraw. She lets the kiss happen, with no fear, nor reluctance.]"
"[But recovering from her surprise, she looks at Thomas, stunned.]"

It is not a simple kiss, she emotionally cheats through out the whole game in her mind, it is evident from all the text how much she enjoys it and wants it. If your gf lets guys touch her body, blushes, thinks about how hot they are and how exiting it is and then makes out with them you would not consider that cheating? That is actually the reason that I call every scene cheating that I point out, it is the combination of the action with the text. The text about how she feels does not change depending on stats, choices are made in a vacuum.
Temptation on it's own is mildly acceptable on a loyal path, although she already in her mind is very disloyal, but there 100% needs to be a stop to ALL physical affection prompted by a choice, IF you are interested in offering loyal path.
We do not agree with you. You can walk to the water's edge without necessarily falling in. That's what we're talking about! We see no point in this type of game if even temptation is excluded and the danger is not palpable.

I'll check it out.
Please do!

I don't really intend to insult, maybe I was too blunt, and I apologize, but you also have to understand that when a dev says something, and then you find out in the game that what was said is not how it is in the actual game, that causes disappointment and frustration.
Let's forget about it. But it's anything but pleasant to read.

I am providing feedback. I very rarely nit-pick at things like graphics, artistic direction, genre, variety of sexual content etc. I prefer to point out inconsistencies between intent and practice, plot holes, coherency of choices etc.

At the end of the day the dev can do whatever the hell the dev wants to do, it is their game, whether feedback is taken into account or not is their choice.
You give your opinion, we give ours. We each exercise our right. This game isn't perfect, far from it, but it doesn't cheat the players. There are clear tags, there's a plot, and there's a fair balance between the ever-present loyalty (even if we don't agree on what that means) and action, which is why most players play.

Reactions: Losersriot

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
We do not agree with you. You can walk to the water's edge without necessarily falling in. That's what we're talking about! We see no point in this type of game if even temptation is excluded and the danger is not palpable.
Lets focus on this.

Well like I said previously, I would like to know your opinion: If MC was your GF, and you were watching her do what MC does in this game, she never has sex with the guys ( well except Matt, because oral sex is unavoidable on his path, but for others sex is avoidable ) but you see everything else, how the guys touch her, how she blushes, how she lets them kiss her. you know what she is thinking about etc. would you consider her loyal and that she is not cheating on you? If you would continue to date her and consider her loyal, fair enough.

Last edited:

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
Lets focus on this.

Well like I said previously, I would like to know your opinion: If MC was your GF, and you were watching her do what MC does in this game, she never has sex with the guys ( well except Matt, because oral sex is unavoidable on his path, but for others sex is avoidable ) but you see everything else, how the guys touch her, how she blushes, how she lets them kiss her. you know what she is thinking about etc. would you consider her loyal and that she is not cheating on you? If you would continue to date her and consider her loyal, fair enough.
OK. We get it. Here's the problem: "If MC is your girlfriend".
What if I am the MC?

Come on, we'll do a short intro from the prologue again:
I have a boyfriend who's worth what he's worth, we've been together for 10 years. I'm not too shabby, I'm not a slut and I always resist other guys' attempts. But then one of my boyfriend's colleagues, who's really fit, attractive and recently single, starts coming on to me. I'd already picked up on the fact that he liked me when I met him in town, but at this party, he adds another layer. I resist, yes, but it's tempting all the same...

In the field of adult games, there are mostly only male points of view. And when the viewpoints are female, it's 99% lesbian games. Here, we're "somewhere else". And we think that's disturbing.
Next time we make a game with a female protagonist, we'll use the first person instead of the third. Men will be more aware that they ARE the woman.

Commentary on the background and development history of the game.
In principle, the game was supposed to stop after that night: She'd either given in or held out. Nothing complicated, just a quick game well done!
But there it was. The players keep coming back for more... We dig deep and try to imagine a sequel. We're thinking of taking her on vacation after all, assuming she's held out through the evening.

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
What if I am the MC?

Come on, we'll do a short intro from the prologue again:
I have a boyfriend who's worth what he's worth, we've been together for 10 years. I'm not too shabby, I'm not a slut and I always resist other guys' attempts. But then one of my boyfriend's colleagues, who's really fit, attractive and recently single, starts coming on to me. I'd already picked up on the fact that he liked me when I met him in town, but at this party, he adds another layer. I resist, yes, but it's tempting all the same...

In the field of adult games, there are mostly only male points of view. And when the viewpoints are female, it's 99% lesbian games. Here, we're "somewhere else". And we think that's disturbing.
Next time we make a game with a female protagonist, we'll use the first person instead of the third. Men will be more aware that they ARE the woman.

Commentary on the background and development history of the game.
In principle, the game was supposed to stop after that night: She'd either given in or held out. Nothing complicated, just a quick game well done!
But there it was. The players keep coming back for more... We dig deep and try to imagine a sequel. We're thinking of taking her on vacation after all, assuming she's held out through the evening.
This is AMAZING! FIRST truly FEMALE game here. I know just one else: silver lining. Maybe TPONR. When ZeGamEz (beauty and the thug) add lesbianism in his game, i was say him: fuck off moran and close wardrobe door

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
What if I am the MC?

I think that is irrelevant, the reason I brought up third perspective is because I am trying to understand YOUR perception of the cheating. To me it is very clear that I as the female MC in this game am cheating. If I was a male protagonist and the same happened with a girl that was hitting on me at the party I would also be cheating all the same, gender is irrelevant here.
I have no problem understanding that I am playing a female protagonist, just that it is impossible for me not to cheat when roleplaying her, even though the game suggests that it is possible.

You want to answer my question from a first person perspective instead? Alright, no problem. You think that when you flirt with someone, let their hands wonder all over you, feel exited and hot for them and let them kiss you, you are not cheating? You think that if you do all that you can turn around and tell your partner that you are loyal because you didn't have sex?

Another fun fact is that if it is not cheating then MC is just chill with being sexually assaulted.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Losersriot

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
I think that is irrelevant, the reason I brought up third perspective is because I am trying to understand YOUR perception of the cheating. To me it is very clear that I as the female MC in this game am cheating. If I was a male protagonist and the same happened with a girl that was hitting on me at the party I would also be cheating all the same, gender is irrelevant here.
I have no problem understanding that I am playing a female protagonist, just that it is impossible for me not to cheat when roleplaying her, even though the game suggests that it is possible.

You want to answer my question from a first person perspective instead? Alright, no problem. You think that when you flirt with someone, let their hands wonder all over you, feel exited and hot for them and let them kiss you, you are not cheating? You think that if you do all that you can turn around and tell your partner that you are loyal because you didn't have sex?
First good question. Ansver: MC is YOU! ASK YOURSELF Why YOU adulterer?!

So? Is it difficult now to name girls whores when you self could not resist becoming a whore even in an video game?

Last edited:

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
NAT can't be a whore because she's not cheating on anyone because she's NOT MARRIED. She's a free woman.

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022

Another fun fact is that if it is not cheating then MC is just chill with being sexually assaulted.
We definitely don't share the same vision.
I'll spell it out: if in these circumstances Nat only lets herself be kissed, or even kisses, without sucking or fucking any of the guys, then YES she will have remained faithful in my eyes.
But, Mr. Kadajko, do you realize where you are? In the world of adult games (although sometimes we wonder)! Where 95% of (very) young protagonists dream of fucking their mother, sister, aunt or, if they're more or less normal, their neighbor. Where every man can choose between 2 blondes, 2 blacks, 2 brunettes and 2 redheads, all luscious and with breasts that defy the laws of modern physics to stand upright.
And we discuss whether Natasha, who has the opportunity to spurn all her suitors after a kiss and a caress on the arm (or almost), can be called a cheater. I'm dreaming on my feet
Listen, I'm going to stop the discussion because I feel I'm wasting my time. You can have the last answer, I'll leave it to you.

Reactions: Kadajko

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
you can have the last answer, I'll leave it to you.
I will, since you answered my question everything resolved in my eyes.

But, Mr. Kadajko, do you realize where you are? In the world of adult games (although sometimes we wonder)! Where 95% of (very) young protagonists dream of fucking their mother, sister, aunt or, if they're more or less normal, their neighbor. Where every man can choose between 2 blondes, 2 blacks, 2 brunettes and 2 redheads, all luscious and with breasts that defy the laws of modern physics to stand upright.
I like this game, it is a good game, it is good to have a female protagonist etc. My only complaint was that it is impossible not to cheat even though the game offers choices. I can still enjoy this game as a story about cheating, what feels cheapened for me are the choices, since it is impossible not to cheat, there is no point in not maximizing cheating, if MC will cheat might as well go all the way.

As a side note, when I play a game with a male MC, and I am trying to do a romantic playthrough as opposed to a fuckboi playthrough or a harem, I also strongly dislike it when he kisses and flirts with girls without my input, if I pick a girl to romance, I don't want to see him cheating ( according to my definition ).

However, when it comes to cheating and you say:

We definitely don't share the same vision.
I'll spell it out: if in these circumstances Nat only lets herself be kissed, or even kisses, without sucking or fucking any of the guys, then YES she will have remained faithful in my eyes.
Then fair enough, no problem at all, we fundamentally disagree on what constitutes as cheating, and that is ok, this is why my argument doesn't hold any weight it your eyes, I accept that.

Cheers.

Reactions: rrxm

Dec 29, 2021
I think this type of game is brilliant as long as it stays short. If it's just about Nat, it'll quickly get boring.
Unless there's some Spice added, like Fabio letting the old ladies fuck him or something :devilish:, hahaha.

I also really like this developer's other stories. (y)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: rrxm and TimoF965

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
I think this type of game is brilliant as long as it stays short. If it's just about Nat, it'll quickly get boring.
Unless there's some Spice added, like Fabio letting the old ladies fuck him or something :devilish:, hahaha.

I also really like this developer's other stories. (y)
We never hid the fact that our first intention was to make a short game, quickly done, well done!
The very, very (too?) simple idea was: do you stay faithful or not? That was it. A trial run with some great sex scenes.
It should be noted in passing that for some it was too complicated: they didn't know what to answer and blamed the phrasing or the ambiguity of the answers... (sigh).
Anyway. We were asked to write a sequel -and so much the better if players liked the game-, and we tried to come up with something that held up, with varying degrees of success.
That's what we like best: to get straight to the point between two or three possible paths. That's why we also developed stories like "Debbie" and "Naughty" in parallel.
We tried a first long story (Think Twice), in a different narrative, with first 3 prologues introducing the 3 main characters, and only then the main story where the 3 find themselves in huis-clos on a yacht and where the tension increases until it reaches its paroxysm, since there's a lot of money, stolen by one from the other (basically), but coveted by all three. Factor 3 (3x2x1=6) possible endings. But the critics were quite virulent, sometimes justified, but as is often the case here, mostly malicious. Fortunately, we have a small but loyal fan base! The game is therefore on hold.
Thank you for your appreciation, and your comment, which makes a lot of sense to us, as you'll understand...
As for the two old ones, we have to admit we've thought about it. But it was rather one of them who had a crush on Matt, and got her way at the end of a drunken game of strip poker :sneaky:.

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes