3.40 star(s) 17 Votes

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
Just saw the e-mail, at least he and his family are ok, not going to cancel my pledge as lord knows they need all the help they can get.
Actually, his patronbux went up $12 since yesterday. Lots of good people out there. Makes a man smile. We spend a lot of time explain to people that Patreon is a tip jar for the developer, and that we're not paying for a specific product directly. Seems that he has a heavy sense of obligation regardless.

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
Just saw the e-mail, at least he and his family are ok, not going to cancel my pledge as lord knows they need all the help they can get.
I agree, Puerto Rico got hit hard. And for people that don't realize how bad it was look at some of the links in the pic @jpsimon posted. Or even some of the pics of the damage.

Reactions: Dasati and Krull

AlphaWolf

May 9, 2017
I'm not sure if anyone else is having this bug, but every time I try to go out to collect salvage the game acts like I clicked on sleep. Anyone know a fix for this? This started on day 11 with a new game.

January2015

Apr 26, 2017
When i first saw Flamecito's patreon pledge tiers, i honestly thought it was a joke. It was too low imo, considering the amount of work output.

Maybe he has a different vision. But if you can read this Flamecito, i will suggest checking out how some of the other popular games structured their pledge. =)

Reactions: testor

Dasati

May 30, 2017
Not on the latest version no, he changed the ui layout n some other things I believe so old saves wont work on the latest version.

Reactions: Mandingonator

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I've been staying on top of the damage caused to Puerto Rico. And it is apocalyptic. It could take anywhere from another 4 months to 6 months minimum before most of the electric, water, and infrastructure are near normal again.
- Maria knocked out 90% of the cell phone towers. They have to find a way to get gasoline (HARD!) and pray they can access the few areas where a cell phone tower wasn't damaged. In those areas, there are cars lined up for miles along the road as they are all trying to get cell coverage to make calls.
- 80% of the power lines are knocked down and they were never "modernized" so it can take up to 4-6 months before power is restored to most of the island.
- No electricity means no power to pump water into homes and no water to bathe or flush toilets. As of September 30, only 45% of Puerto Ricans have access to clean, potable water in their homes. That can take about 6 months or more to get clean water restored to most of the islanders.
- Gasoline is scarce and it can take up to a day of waiting in line to buy fuel. Most credit card machines don't work so cash is KING. Puerto Ricans are DESPERATE for gasoline since it's like a lifeblood to them. They need it to power generators for light and for their cars to get work or cell phone towers, etc.
- There is one main highway that goes around the island with 2 minor routes connecting it to other areas. There are several spots that were made impassible (12 areas at last count) by the hurricane so getting around the island is almost impossible.
- Medical care?? Most hospitals are running on generators and they are quite low now, it can take hours to 3 days to get a prescription filled, and people are still dying from medical issues caused by injuries, lack of air conditioning, fresh water, food, etc. The death toll is expected to top out in the several hundred range.

To recap, there is no communication, no power, gas is scarce, infrastructure is non-existent and less than half have clean water. Factor in a bumbling government and you'll see why apocalyptic is the right word.

I pray for a quicker recovery for those in Puerto Rico.

May 19, 2017
I don't know if this off-topic, or not... So, i just donated to the cause. I don't know anyone's financial situation, but i think every little helps, so if you can't donate money, at least buy some medical supplies/equipment or food, and give to a charity foundation.

Oh, and there's an interesting idea :

Reactions: WICKEDp4th

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
Puerto Rico Asks Musk for Tesla's Help Solving Energy Woes
"Puerto Rico needs to consider meeting its energy needs with more environmentally friendly technology." In hurricane alley? Let us know how those wind turbines and towers of solar panels hold out. Maybe bankrupt yourselves getting geothermal from the bottom of the ocean. Really, environmental concerns are for people with already working infrastructures. Let's start by getting the toilets flushing.

Oh, by the way, Flamecito's patronbux have gone up by about $40 since all this mess started. Thanks, guys. Always nice to see folks helping out when someone needs it most. I'm glad that no one paid attention when he said it was okay if they dropped their patronage until he was able to eat something that wasn't an emergency ration.

Last edited:
May 19, 2017
Oh, by the way, Flamecito's patronbux have gone up by about $40 since all this mess started. Thanks, guys. Always nice to see folks helping out when someone needs it most. I'm glad that no one paid attention when he said it was okay if they dropped their patronage until he was able to eat something that wasn't an emergency ration.
Yeah, it's gone up. But can he access to it?

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
Yeah, it's gone up. But can he access to it?
Well (since this isn't Bethesda or EA), I'm sure they won't steal his money because he didn't withdraw it within 24 hours or something. I just hope he manages to connect now and then to see we didn't abandon him. I would think, if the roles were reversed, that would mean alot to me.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
I hope Flamecito and his Family is safe and well. I've pledged since early steps of ILD, he's one of my favourite Dev's out there on Patreon. Always kind,always have time for his patreons and such a nice guy! His writing is excellent, funny and partial hilarious. He learned a lot in the development of ILD, and all of this he puts into NWOT.

Please guys if you can afford it, become a Patreon of him!

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Jeez, it must be unbelievable. I cannot even imagine such catastrophic situation as one living in middle europe. Atleast they have survived and getting helped...what to tell, words are just words. Hope they come through this!

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
I kind'a feel bad for thinking it, but I bet right now he's getting some good ideas for his end-of-the-world script the hard way. I am still giving him $10 a month. I bet it helps enormously in his situation where no one is working. It may not be as trade-able as clean water or toilet paper, but surely someone is accepting cash. And the idea of him explaining to his family how he's making money in the aftermath amuses me.

3.40 star(s) 17 Votes