3.40 star(s) 17 Votes

daedilus

Mar 11, 2017
Frankly, a state of emergency and martial law needs to be declared, the government disbanded (and shot?), and the military needs to restore order.

The problem isn't the amount of aid. They have already received 19 times, (to date / per capita), the Federal aid Louisiana did after Katrina / Rita et al... On a area less than 1/10th the size of the State of Louisiana, and 1/16th the size of the affected areas of the state.

The problem is with the duly elected corrupt and entrenched local government pocketing the aid, and directing it through channels of organized crime to benefit only paying donors.

Reactions: Daisies

Daisies

Jun 12, 2017
Frankly, a state of emergency and martial law needs to be declared, the government disbanded (and shot?), and the military needs to restore order.
So basically what happened in Zimbabwe late last year. I'm still baffled that they finally took power away from Mugabe, too bad it's 20 years too late.

Reactions: daedilus

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
Another update on dev's situation ...
-----------------------------------------
Still alive but... 4
Jan 9 at 2:17pm
Hello again, my apologies about taking so long to write here again. Im hardly going out of my home anymore because things have gone to hell in the country. To make the long story short, we no longer have police around because they arent getting paid due to the government having no funds. In just these 9 days there have been around 30 reported murders, and thieves are making their christmas around. A few days ago someone tried to rob us when we went out to buy food so Ive been staying inside as much as possible, both to stay safe and to protect my home from burglars.
In any case, I want to thank all of you for your continuous support for your interest in our wellbeing. Now more than ever, your encouragement gives us hope and keep us sane. Its really good to know that beyond our little island things are going on normally.

About elecricity, I stopped seeing the trucks around my neighbourhood, I have no idea what happened but some people are saying they have been getting attacked too, which would mean they might be waiting for the absent police to return. Others have been saying people are sabotaging the repairs for some reason, and even others say there are no materials again. I hope none of these are true, but it wouldnt be surprising if all of them were.

Whatever the truth is, it seems that the repairs will take way longer than expected. In any case, I would like to apologize for this long pause in the creating of this game. Just last week I was thinking that this game would probably be completed if the hurricanes hadnt hit this country, I would probably had started another already and we would have fun laughing about my spelling mistakes or the crazy random bugs showing up in the game or the strange expressions on the pictures. I really miss working on these games. I had so much fun doing it. I really miss it a lot.

Still, Im trying not to lose hope in these times. Who knows, maybe tomorrow everything will get back to normal and we will finally get back to work in this game. That would be awesome.

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017
Christ things just can't stop going tits-up can they? I hope it'll all end soon and that something is done quickly.

Dasati

May 30, 2017
Tbh I'm not that shocked, world attention has moved on and even when it was in the public eye the US government showed signs of not caring about Puerto Rico. Now that attention has shifted elsewhere Trump and co can put Puerto Rico low on the priorities list.

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
There should be sent death squads with permision to shoot and kill on sight those robers and bandits. On one side it would restore peace and order, on the other it would purify population from scumbags and there will be great benefit for future.

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
Tbh I'm not that shocked, world attention has moved on and even when it was in the public eye the US government showed signs of not caring about Puerto Rico. Now that attention has shifted elsewhere Trump and co can put Puerto Rico low on the priorities list.
It's even worse. The US administration prevents help from not-us organisations ...
Didn't know about the Jones Act til 2 weeks ago :angry:

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I mean that is the brutal truth behind pretty much every natural disaster and such even on mainland US soil.

I live in Florida and have been through more hurricanes than I can remember and yeah that is something everyone knows, once all the media coverage and such dries up it is pretty much guaranteed the aid and supply groups are gonna bail the fuck out almost immediately once the coverage is off their 'good deads' and you are on your own even if your local government doesn't have the means to support or rebuild your area.

Can only imagine it is a hundred times worse for an area the US government actively tries to deny is a part of US reign.

LazyPanda

May 9, 2017
I was wondering what happened to this game, looks like there's a live version of GTA going on out there...
stay safe people

There should be sent death squads with permision to shoot and kill on sight those robers and bandits. On one side it would restore peace and order, on the other it would purify population from scumbags and there will be great benefit for future.
and how cool is that to find another LiS fan on this forum.

Reactions: Prokopije

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I have been playing this and the game seems really good. Kayla is super cute as well as the twins though now that they have water the one can now wipe her face off so she looks a bit better the sisters are also nice.

I was checking out the wiki walk through and noticed 2 tiny mistakes. When you come into the house and Mary is showing you around and then shows you the file cabinet and the one drawer gets stuck. It has only this response listed. I definitely see." (Mary lust +1) but it doesn't list the other one for her. Nice ass! (Mary lust +10 love -5)

Also before the shower scene it only has this response listed. If you don't look, I won't either." (Mary love +2) But doesn't list the other response. I can't promise that (Mary lust +2 love -2)

Well hopefully everything gets fixed over there so they everyone can get back to what they were doing.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
Mistakes on the wiki...
When you come into the house...
Also before the shower scene...
There's only a few pages on the wiki that are completed. Don't go to it for any games that are still in progress. I stopped tending the the Wiki site because I noticed I was the only one doing it. I enjoy it, but the project is overwhelming with just 1 active person. I kept checking the activity logs but I was the only one making any changes to any pages for weeks and it pissed me off. But anyway, it looks like the entries for days 10 and 12 were created from the last patch in September (which added them).

What's shown on the wiki as days 10 and 12 are probably my scribbled notes and not meant to be final. It was a draft crafted from the Ren'py source. You notice how the formatting is non-existent. I was waiting for something before finishing it. The question is what was I waiting for before Puerto Rico went tits up. I don't remember. That was a long time ago.

Reactions: Londo_Mollari

kongflcl

Jan 14, 2018
Damn, just discovered this game and loved it. Its a shame its on hold, even more a shame the situation in Puerto Rico though. Its sickening how that whole situation was handled. I know some ppl that went over there to work for Duke Energy, they had been there for a few months last time I talked to them. I'm going to have to try to get some info on them ceasing their work there.

Also, its really surprising this is made by the same guy that did I Love You, Daddy. Especially considering the dialogue and pacing. I'm a way bigger fan of this project though.

kongflcl

Jan 14, 2018
Who're the girls in your signature??

Maldus

Donor
Mar 28, 2017
Im still alive but... 5

Well, to be honest there has been no changes in the situation in general. Theres no power, and our water was cut again, but we protested for a few days and it returned. Crime is still rampant, while the police have returned to work it seems like they arent doing much at all. The whole mess made people go mad and they are now stealing cars and mugging people in malls. In fact, they seem to have started kidnapping people now, so things have become a little worse than before. This is the reason that I havent been able to give you guys an update. Well, this and the fact that claro, the telephone company which provides my cellphone, seems to have joined in the general despair and now they hardly have signal in a lot of places, including where I live. If you go out you get mugged, if you stay in you get cut off from the world. Not that being cut off is a bad thing, since all news are about people getting murdered or corruption everywhere in the government. Stil, the supplies have stopped and you have to go to the malls to get food, but even having a phone means risking becoming a target for the thieves. Its gotten so bad even the cashiers at the burger king Im at (they give wifi, which is how Im posting this) are talking how yesterday a guy got stabbed in their parking lot even though he gave the thief his wallet and phone. It seems even the manager is trying to convince the owner to close earlier since no one wants to work at night. The worst part is that his area has power, so I dont know when this will all stop since getting the power back here didnt help at all.

Still, its not all negative. During the protests for water, the mayor promised they will start working in the communities around my area to fix the power in the 28 of this month, but by now I dont know if I should believe it. Sometimes its better to not expect much, and after months of halftruths, corruption and crime everywhere, I just cant bring myself to believe anything blindly. Still, part of me cant help but hope its true, even a glass of cold water you didnt have to risk you life to get would be an awesome gift from the heavens by now. Having electricity for the fridge would make it easier to buy in bulk and go out less too, still who knows what will happen.

About the game, I have been using my downtome to plan and refine the stories, and Im pretty happy with the results, although I still need to make the pictures, I think I have a good story that you will enjoy. I know I have been taking a long time to answer and posting about the situation, Im sorry about this but the situation is a little scary, however, since Im here today I will try to answer as many of the comments and messages you have sent me during these months as I can, since I dont know when I will dare to bring my tablet outside again. If I dont get to yours my apologies, but I will try to answer everything by today. Also, thank you for your support, interest in my game and for worrying about me and my family. With a little luck this will blow over soon.

maisbordeldemerde

La rabia del pueblo
Donor
Dec 19, 2016
Holy fuck, Flamecito doesnt need to apologize at all for his silence or his game being on hold considering his personal situation rn. It's nothing but i wish the best for him & his family, may he be safe & the situation in his country getting better :FeelsBadMan:

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
Holy fuck, Flamecito doesnt need to apologize at all
He's a proven creator. ILD is a really solid piece, and probably one of the longest western VNs (if not THE longest) on F95. I have no concerns at all about his sincerity with the situation. He can get to it when he's ready. He never took a break after ILD, anyway. He was already working on concept presentations for this game while finishing ILD

.... but he's going to have to contend with the Patreon situation, as well. I'm not sure if he's even aware of what they've been up to since those hurricanes hit. I Love Daddy is definitelly going to get smacked down just as soon as they notice it. There is no simple way to "patch" that other than adding another ending revealing that they aren't actually related (not sure if Patreon would accept that). And this one is on the same track, so parts will have to be re-written. Sucks.

saviliana

Aug 30, 2017
Can someone in the southern states that have any of free rooms that can allow Flamecito stay just for the sake of providing a safe place for him to get a grip on?

Reactions: Londo_Mollari
3.40 star(s) 17 Votes