i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
@i107760: I'd also need you to merge my branch.
Which branch? Don't see one on the game-base project.
EDIT: Ah, I now see the branches for the media. Are the recent changes to structure of media files not a problem? If not, I can merge it yes.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Which branch? Don't see one on the game-base project.
EDIT: Ah, I now see the branches for the media. Are the recent changes to structure of media files not a problem? If not, I can merge it yes.
I just looked at it and it would be. Also, renaming the folders may not be enough because I renamed some pics and we might end up with duplicates (renamed + old name).

There's no reason to explain to someone else in detail what I changed so they can replicate it. I'll update his branches so they can be merged.

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
i107760 I'm done. I made new branches and copied qwertyu12359 's modifications cause it was easier. Merge those instead.

Also, everything in my roadmap except the sound ones and this one: "- Make it so one sex_scene cannot show two times in a row if there's another one available." is done

• Star-struck

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
qwertyu12359 can you elaborate a bit more on this please?:
- Make it so one sex_scene cannot show two times in a row if there's another one available.

Are you referring to 'girls/sex_scenes/' pics?
If yes, why only for them?
Do I make an exception for acts that only have one specific picture? Otherwise we might end up in a situation where every other pic is the one specific one and the others are general

Also as a side note: the owned for 1000+ days does get out of screen. I've made it so when it gets to 1000, it starts counting in decades

Also #2: I did the whole smug and moneylander + leaving from slum house goes to slums thing.
Question: Are the slums outside of the city or should we change the "border of the fogs" option from the city menu to slums too?

Also #3: You marked this as done, which is not
- In the options, "NSFW sounds on/off" should be an option, in order to keep the other ones (like the cash register, etc.).

Last edited:
Reactions: Pianocat

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
qwertyu12359 can you elaborate a bit more on this please?:
- Make it so one sex_scene cannot show two times in a row if there's another one available.

Are you referring to 'girls/sex_scenes/' pics?
If yes, why only for them?
Do I make an exception for acts that only have one specific picture? Otherwise we might end up in a situation where every other pic is the one specific one and the others are general
You're right, it shouldn't be only for sex scenes. I just didn't think of the normal_scenes because there aren't many different pictures there.

And yes, good thinking. So, does "make it so a general image cannot show two times in a row" seem like a better rule?

Also #2: I did the whole smug and moneylander + leaving from slum house goes to slums thing.
Question: Are the slums outside of the city or should we change the "border of the fogs" option from the city menu to slums too?
I think it's a good idea. In consequence, we'll also have to change the fast travel "F" (for fog) to "Sl" or "SL" (for slums); since there's already an S for Serpentine.

adriangm30

Feb 1, 2018
I was wondering if i can adjust images only for a specific character for example isabella, if you changed its values in game\json\slaves and imagebody to a famous character like velma from scooby doo and sex images like velma_anal_1, velma_kiss_1 will can be possible? or how to do it? I say this because famous people have many explicit sexual images and because velma is my waifu

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I was wondering if i can adjust images only for a specific character for example isabella, if you changed its values in game\json\slaves and imagebody to a famous character like velma from scooby doo and sex images like velma_anal_1, velma_kiss_1 will can be possible? or how to do it? I say this because famous people have many explicit sexual images and because velma is my waifu
Yes, it should be 100% possible. For 2.1, it should be done that way.

For 2.2 however (and current Githup version), the json system has received an overhaul, making picture adding much less of a chore. Albeit I don't know if it'll be easier or harder for what you'll be attempting. It's here for the instructions: Lokplart thread post

If there are rule 34 slaves already in the game, adding rule 34 specific pictures might be a good idea but have a terrible result. Because of suspension of disbelief, the player is used to the system putting approximate scenes based on age and hair color, they also accept the fact that the slaver have different appearances in every sex scenes. If you start adding accurate picture, it'll make a really hard cognitive dissonance when a scene picture is to hard to find on the internet and you have to put a picture with another blonde. Same for other slaves which would appear like "discount slaves" compared to "premium r34 slaves".

Reactions: adriangm30

adriangm30

Feb 1, 2018
Yes, it should be 100% possible. For 2.1, it should be done that way.

For 2.2 however (and current Githup version), the json system has received an overhaul, making picture adding much less of a chore. Albeit I don't know if it'll be easier or harder for what you'll be attempting. It's here for the instructions: Lokplart thread post

If there are rule 34 slaves already in the game, adding rule 34 specific pictures might be a good idea but have a terrible result. Because of suspension of disbelief, the player is used to the system putting approximate scenes based on age and hair color, they also accept the fact that the slaver have different appearances in every sex scenes. If you start adding accurate picture, it'll make a really hard cognitive dissonance when a scene picture is to hard to find on the internet and you have to put a picture with another blonde. Same for other slaves which would appear like "discount slaves" compared to "premium r34 slaves".
I am going to try to play with the images to know if I can do what I think, the tutorial is good, if my brain capacity can cope with the task is another matter, thanks for the reply

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Unfortunately, that is not how the system works for 2.2 anymore.. sorry.. There's a way to make custom girls WIP right now, but it's still an early draft.

Last edited:

kyoto_leon

Dec 3, 2019
Is there any beginners guide how to really play this game? I tried it a while ago and then it was pretty nice, but rn I am not achieving anything.
My slave is depressed to severly depressed and I can't change that. I checked up the wiki, but nothing seems to help. I just bought her, she doesn't obey me, except learning how to cook, clean and do sport.
I try to reward her in a way she isn't spoiled, but that doesn't matter, because after a few days she just runs away.
What I usually do is talk to her first to explain her situation - this will help putting her in her place. By understanding what the world is and what is the worth of a female from another world, it can help to raise her obedience. Then, train her and reward her accordingly. What I do is train her cleaning and cooking first. At first, after each session of training, I praise her verbally before moving on to more intimate rewards.

And if you have issues with slaves running away, get her branded. I usually go with Tattoo Branding. If you're an Arch Mage, you can even magically brand her.

Reactions: Derbaer

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Is there any beginners guide how to really play this game? I tried it a while ago and then it was pretty nice, but rn I am not achieving anything.
My slave is depressed to severly depressed and I can't change that. I checked up the wiki, but nothing seems to help. I just bought her, she doesn't obey me, except learning how to cook, clean and do sport.
I try to reward her in a way she isn't spoiled, but that doesn't matter, because after a few days she just runs away.
My strategy is leaving most training aside and getting her into a good mood first.
  • Give her clothes,
  • Give her tasks she will do so you can reward her more,
  • Try and find out if she likes to do any particular task or if she likes any particular reward type,
  • Give her good food,
  • Make her take a bath before any training, clean the house before any training too.
  • If you need it, get Isabella and let her cook (She has B+ in cooking)
All of those help with mood.

Making her do anything increases habit. Spending time with her increases devotion. Both increase obedience.
Keep 3 rules active to avoid passive spoiling and decrease pride.
As kyoto_leon said, explain her position and also, try to find things out about her when she gets more accustomed to you.
Punish her appropriately, preferably by shaming her if she has high pride.
Don't be afraid to spoil her a little, sometimes it's worth it.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I came up with new sound effects for the game! Mainly for the spells, but also for when eating, when sleeping, when clicking "next", leaving the house, etc.

I made my best to balance the sound volumes so they'd all have the same loudness. These are all Safe For Work.

Some of these are a combination of several sfx I found on the internet. For example, the "fog" is a mix of wind noises and several girls screams and cries that I drowned in a large reverb so they'd be part of the ambiance.

I'd like you guys opinion :lepew: I'm open to criticism, or better yet, alternatives if you have some.

Last edited:

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
I've made "fog.mp3" play when you're at the border of the fogs, base camp and when patrolling. Is there any other place where that should go?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I've made "fog.mp3" play when you're at the border of the fogs, base camp and when patrolling. Is there any other place where that should go?
Yes, that should be it! And "fog.mp3" should stop any city music already playing. Beginning a fight in the border patrolling should stop "fog.mp3", and going back to the slums or the city too.

Reactions: Lokplart

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
My god if I hate the cruciato sfx lol
In a good way or in a bad way? ^^ Because that's kind of intended.

Although I can try to find an alternative if it's that unbearable, that's supposed to hurt, in order to make you imagine the pain of the slave and not inflict that to her lightly (since it's the most intense form of torture the game has but it has no visual representation).

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
In a good way or in a bad way? ^^ Because that's kind of intended.

Although I can try to find an alternative if it's that unbearable, that's supposed to hurt, in order to make you imagine the pain of the slave and not inflict that to her lightly (since it's the most intense form of torture the game has but it has no visual representation).
And it's indeed painful to hear it ahah good way or bad way depends on how you'll implement it + volume and time. If I don't remember bad (didn't play the game in 1 years), the spells are something you usually spam... And while most sounds are cool,I think you really need to try them while you play to truly understand if they are pleasant or not

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Hi.
How do you all imagine the layout of Eternal Rome? I'm trying to set a more clear image in my head and I'd like more opinions.

This is how I view it:
Grey -> Slums
Yellow -> Outcasts
Dark Blue -> Serpentines
Red -> Taurus
Purple -> Necropolis
Light Blue -> White Town
1591705955171.png

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Hi.
How do you all imagine the layout of Eternal Rome? I'm trying to set a more clear image in my head and I'd like more opinions.

This is how I view it:
Grey -> Slums
Yellow -> Outcasts
Dark Blue -> Serpentines
Red -> Taurus
Purple -> Necropolis
Light Blue -> White Town
View attachment 686892
I have the idea the we should make sense of the map picture, if possible. And change it if it doesn't make sense at all: city_large.png

Here's my current view of it, that still stay a bit cohesive with how you drew JONT's world. Assuming Necropolis, Outcasts and Serpentine extend far beyond the horizon.

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
So a bit more like this?

1591708971859.png
Actually yeah, this makes sense.
In my previous example there was no way for the Outcasts to have a centralized building like the Citadel.
I still can't figure out where the wall should go. In between the Outcasts and the Slums, or in front of the Slums? Or maybe there are multiple walls? Kind of like in Attack on Titan, you watched/know what I mean.

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes