• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Hurmur

Mar 25, 2017
Has anybody figured what are these mysterious figures that pop up when hovering mouse over the slaves attribute?

Now the formula looks like it's "Physique C-;-6(+160/-40)"

First is attribute name: Physique. Next is attribute rank: C-. These are clear but the rest don't make sense. How am I supposed to read those? I'd really like to know if my slave is getting thinner or not....

EDIT: So I continued playing and came to same conclusion as scientist (thanks!) in the post below. They are indeed rank values. First being current rank value "-6" followed by rank up value "+160" and rank down value "-40". So finally going below -40, slaves Physique changed to "Slender". Yay!

jackofhuh.png

Last edited:

scientist

May 9, 2018
Is it a bug that trying to invite a tutor during the tutorial results in a blank screen? 1612372461609.png 1612372473471.png

(tried with 2.2 unpatched and patched)

edit: looks like it does work if i use the small red T button instead of the menu

• Wow
Reactions: qwertyu12359

neither_nor

Feb 25, 2020
Wow, this surely is an amazing update, so many systems overhauled that it feels like I'm back in those years when I first played this game, struggling to make ends meet in the Eternal Rome. A great thanks to the developers, and here are some suggestions and feedback.
I looked through the code to help me understand the new obedience system and make better decision, and found something confusing in interaction.qsrc
line 2087 for repulse value calculation of housekeeping lesson: IIF(slave['pride'] > 2, slave['pride'] - 2, 3 - slave['pride'])
and line 2768 for repulse value calculation of etiquette lesson: IIF(slave['intellect'] < 3, 3 - slave['intellect'], slave['intellect'] - 2)
which means that the repulse would be higher with low pride / high intellect, is this a mistake, or it's intended?
Found a spelling mistake, the interaction type of take drugs is called get_grug instead of get_drug, nothing that really matters but noticed you've fixed the 'preversion' spelling mistake, so just in case you guys didn't notice :)
The minus sign ahead of the rate of attributes in the slave status interface is too small and not so discernible. Actully I wanted to say the minus sign was forgotted and should be add back until I saw what Hurmur said above!

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Wow, this surely is an amazing update, so many systems overhauled that it feels like I'm back in those years when I first played this game, struggling to make ends meet in the Eternal Rome. A great thanks to the developers, and here are some suggestions and feedback.
I looked through the code to help me understand the new obedience system and make better decision, and found something confusing in interaction.qsrc
line 2087 for repulse value calculation of housekeeping lesson: IIF(slave['pride'] > 2, slave['pride'] - 2, 3 - slave['pride'])
and line 2768 for repulse value calculation of etiquette lesson: IIF(slave['intellect'] < 3, 3 - slave['intellect'], slave['intellect'] - 2)
which means that the repulse would be higher with low pride / high intellect, is this a mistake, or it's intended?
Only for housekeeping and not for etiquette, right? This is intended :)

An intellectual person will think that cleaning someone's house is a chore beneath her. Only in times of crisis, do over-diplomed girls research jobs they weren't "meant" to do, like cleaning the cigarettes in the streets, or iron old people shirts. If they are taken into slavery, they will resist such orders more than if they didn't have the intelligence and diploma to have had that occupation anyway during their previous lives.

Same for pride, a haughty princess will insult you and take a few spanking before daring to touch a broom.

Found a spelling mistake, the interaction type of take drugs is called get_grug instead of get_drug, nothing that really matters but noticed you've fixed the 'preversion' spelling mistake, so just in case you guys didn't notice :)
Thanks, I added it to the roadmap (y)

The minus sign ahead of the rate of attributes in the slave status interface is too small and not so discernible. Actully I wanted to say the minus sign was forgotted and should be add back until I saw what Hurmur said above!
It was in the roadmap already. You can fix it by resizing the window up a bit or going fullscreen: 1612454524406.png

Last edited:
Reactions: StJesuz

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Well spotted, the sign is reversed for those two formulas, the last constant and variable were meant to be swapped. Consequently the housekeeping lessons and elocution lessons are requiring more obedience than intended for slaves with high intellect (elocution) or low pride (housekeeping).

Now corrected on the 2.2.1 dev branch.

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
Strange occurrence and need to confirm if this is intended: training pet reduces cow training. From B she dropped all the way to F.

EDIT: It seems Cow reduces over time. Not sure yet if its natural decline or some trainings are responsible for that.

One more: when the game says "- Further develop this slave's basic attributes" and I press it, the screen flickers for a moment and nothing happens. When I press ok it shows the screen that should show before as many times as I pressed it.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Strange occurrence and need to confirm if this is intended: training pet reduces cow training. From B she dropped all the way to F.

EDIT: It seems Cow reduces over time. Not sure yet if its natural decline or some trainings are responsible for that.

One more: when the game says "- Further develop this slave's basic attributes" and I press it, the screen flickers for a moment and nothing happens. When I press ok it shows the screen that should show before as many times as I pressed it.
Cow training is training to do nothing ... except cow things. Training anything else works against that.

There is no way in the current engine to close an open pop-up window from code, and opening another while one is open makes it appear behind. Just one of those quirks we are living with.

Reactions: Isilindil

LewdGanglia

Dec 13, 2020
Nothing like that. Luckily the disease does not do much damage so if you cure it after training for a week you won't spend a ton of sparks.
Hm honestly it feels weird relying on this, but will keep in mind, thank you. Hope the devs implement a contraceptive of sorts down the line to prevent diseases.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Hm honestly it feels weird relying on this, but will keep in mind, thank you. Hope the devs implement a contraceptive of sorts down the line to prevent diseases.
I believe it would be against:

1) The original game-design of Old Huntsman. There's an hospital, with costs. If you can just wear a condom in your equipment then you remove a use to the hospital and for not much benefits.
2) The lore. The game is part medieval part sci-fi. You can see and read about plasma guns and yet lots of people still fight with armors and swords. Similarly, I like to believe the scientists brought knowledge and democratization of cryopods with them to Eternal Rome, but didn't found a use for condoms; to the opposite, it might tell about them wanting people that can't pay for sterilizations or hospital care to eventually die from Rotophilis. And speaking about that, maybe there's no prevention to Rotophilis and it goes through latex. And yeah, same for pills.
3) Imagine having to find 1500 pictures of sex that have condoms on their dicks ^^ It's mission impossible.

But I'd hear the counter-argument that I'm finding excuses :Kappa: Maybe contraception would expends the need to go to the hospital more often, and add other strategic factors... it'd make pregnency content more secrets for people that abuse hormonal pills, or add funny effects like testosterone drops, etc. I'm still open to the idea

• Haha

LewdGanglia

Dec 13, 2020
I am not exaggerating that every time I train in group sex they get it, so the transmission rate is quite high. I cannot really argue lore wise since well... I didnt made it but even if you can simply pay to make it go away I believe people would still try to find a way to prevent it to avoid going to a doctor, even if you are filthy rich.

But instead how about if you get cured at the doctor you get some temporary immunity for a week or two? Like I said it feels weird to either go to a doctor multiple times or knowingly wait until the training is done to get cured once.

Wrell

Jun 26, 2020
Perhaps a compromise could be to lower the chance of Rotphilis contraction from group sex based on your status with the guild (if that would even be possible)? The lore states that group sex is often arranged by the guild, so perhaps the guild would arrange for more prolific slavers to join your session based upon your ranking - and thus the chance that a slaver with untreated Rotphilis joins your session would be lower. The game even restricts you from joining other Slaver's group sex if your rating is too low (perceived filthiness, lack of experience, etc) , so I feel like it would make sense to work in the opposite direction as well, where lesser slavers are excluded from your sessions as your guild rank increases.

Last edited:

Shpendik

Apr 18, 2018
Does anyone know how to keep the slaver`s STRENGTH from lowering?
I avoid low stamina and engage sex each day, The only thing that pops to mind is the food F-, But its expensive to get better food for many days, Ideas?

About the Tutor skill, I got already above hundred days of teaching slaves and its still D, Is there a way to level this?

Last thing i think there is a bug, When i use the spell DOMINI DICTUM to engage shameful punishments its doesnt lower Pride.

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Does anyone know how to keep the slaver`s STRENGTH from lowering?
I avoid low stamina and engage sex each day, The only thing that pops to mind is the food F-, But its expensive to get better food for many days, Ideas?

About the Tutor skill, I got already above hundred days of teaching slaves and its still D, Is there a way to level this?

Last thing i think there is a bug, When i use the spell DOMINI DICTUM to engage shameful punishments its doesnt lower Pride.
For strength not to come down, you need at least "good food". For you to decide if it's worth your money. You can also do some sparing in the colosseum against opponents that aren't too week for you to sweat a bit (the winning description will tell you if it was good for your strength).

About tutor skill, it's difficult to know just from your number of days... It's how you act these days that matter. Also, try to give lessons that are around your level of skill in the area (if you are a B+ musician, give music lesson to a slave at C+ music level).

About Domini Dictum not lowering pride, I assume it's on purpose. Your slave blanked out magically, you did not made her yield to your authority. We can debate about it whether or not that makes sense.

Reactions: Shpendik
4.00 star(s) 59 Votes