• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I don't deserve shit for not seeing a message.
But you do deserve some for not seeing three, failing to communicate with your fellow developers who claim things in your name, and getting passive-aggressive and now fully aggressive when reminded about it. I can live with asshats. I'm one. I don't particularly like hypocritical asshats who project their own behaviour onto others.

Anyway, I think the best thing to come out of it all is that now everyone can clearly see your team's communication skills under pressure, organisation ability and taste in art, and can decide for themselves whether doing anything with you is worth it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not gatekeeping your work, feel free to do whatever and someone will eventually add your content to the wiki. Not me.
I didn't ask for my stuff to be included. I asked what your opinion of its usefulness to you was. You're still in some kind of "it's my sandbox, go away" mode, which misses the point.

I was wondering whether this collection of resources is worth trying to promote somewhere more visible or not. If JONT (a game that thrives on fetish content like that) devs aren't interested in it to the point of starting a flame war to defend their right to be ignorant, then I think I can safely conclude that virtually nobody will be, and leave the thing in a forgotten corner of the interwebs.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I haven't kept up with this thread (I usually avoid it) but I think I could say a few things:

There was only ever one official developer by historical account, Old Huntsman, and those days are long gone. Since their time, it has been the free time and effort of people to develop the game. They are mostly trying to keep the game held together (it was barely functional to begin with) while trying to add small features here and there and make some bug-fixes. They aren't trying to radically rewrite the game (though, it genuinely does need it). As for organization, almost all of that is entirely from Old Huntsman. I've compared historical snapshots of the game and can easily see a decent attempt at organizing a trainwreck of a game. (I'm the random user who has provided a Linux build and a number of bug-fixes relating to audio which have yet to be published because of various reasons.)

Anyone can take a build and go off their own way and do whatever they want, there aren't any product offerings or services that ...anyone... can demand or feel entitled to (just saying that your dialog seems to come across as such, almost demanding and passive agressive and openly aggressive, even). I feel treated that way by ImperatorAugustusTertius but not the other two developers, Lokplart and qwerty12359. It's easy for me to spot it in your dialog. Then again, I genuinely haven't kept up with this thread, I'm not one of the developers and I don't play adult games, I just remove DRM and like to fix things.

I seem to get along with Lokplart and qwerty12359 but not ImperatorAugustusTertius. My bug-fixes and suggestions were seemingly dismissed by ImperatorAugustusTertius but were warmly welcomed by the other two. I think they are the only reasons I submitted a finalized Linux-build with all bug-fixes and such.

Just because a few people try to work on a project doesn't mean they communicate as if they're on LAN or on a dedicated git/repo posting extensive changelogs and such. This is unpaid work, and I've gotten some timezone communication delays myself when talking two qwertyu12359 and Lokplart.

As for your content, I'd say post it, really. It may not be used any time soon because JONT desperately needs a rewrite (UI still uses pixel-based CSS!) But if it finds use or if users can download your content and import it for themselves, rock on and cheers, I hope it works.

Remember that the game was barely functional with a ton of bugs. Most of the work I've seen has been QoL (quality-of-life) and bug-fixes. Quick grabs of random images from online seems entirely justifiable when considering it is all done for free.

JPEG sucks. That's the beginning and the end of it in any discussion except file-size, most definitely poorer than PNG in quality even at 100% unquestionably. Transparency I thought I saw being used, could be wrong...but the whole main-menu seemed to use it (not that this justifies using PNG for everything, mind). Sure, it might have been better to go with JPG with JONT being so limited currently due to 'px-based CSS' and the lack of hiDPI, I agree with that, but most people don't have bandwidth issues and might prefer less JPEG artifacting. I'm personally a fan of vector-based graphics (SVG for example, which supports animations too). Lossless at any resolution. The engine used by QSP uses a web browser. SVG may not be supported. It needs to be tested sometime. Quest Soft Player was not developed by this JONT community or Old Huntsman. It appears to have been developed by some Russians. It's not a good engine, most people know this. Again, it's all about weighing quality-of-life and bug-fixes. I personally think the entire game needs a rewrite with a modernized web backend (if sticking to web-based) using relative-unit CSS and Ogg/WebM/WebP/SVG. WebP may not be supported with the current web backend (QSP basically uses a web-browser with HTML that can be processed by the QSP engine, both limiting each other depending on the rendering engine used for the web backend and the limits in QSP, etc).

I'm not attacking you, only pointing some things out about what little I've seen in a few posts and some follow-up on the developers, engine, and game (more like my random musings on the situation from my limited perception of things going on). The JONT community developers have taken on dealing with a horrible engine, and they're trying to just maintain bugs and some quick QoL. Bear with it if you can, yeah? :) You can just not communicate with anyone you don't want to. I don't communicate with ImperatorAugustusTertius because of it (I'm not even "watching" the thread, just following up reading certain posts describing behaviors that might be considered a bug or not). *shrug*

Last edited:

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
Does anyone know why Archbishop Molaru of the Bulls is rejecting this slave, saying she "Still has much to learn"? She seems to meet all the requirements he specifies in his dialogue, and the ones on the wiki.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Does anyone know why Archbishop Molaru of the Bulls is rejecting this slave, saying she "Still has much to learn"? She seems to meet all the requirements he specifies in his dialogue, and the ones on the wiki.
Don't rely on the wiki. It hasn't been updated. The refusal is because the slave's fetishism isn't S+. Although I agree with you, according to the stated requirements A+ probably should be sufficient.

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
Is there some kind of cap on increasing brand reputation from selling slaves? I've been doing it for a while, and can't seem to get mine to go above A+.

chochothelele

Apr 21, 2017
I could use some help from veterans here.

From versions prior to 2.2, my goto method of slave raising would be to simply use athletics training for easy rewards and clothing to try and stabilize mood to build a base. From my experience, athletics lessons were the least likely to be rejected so I could use them for early training and rewards. I noticed slaves would reject more often and when I did get to a point where they would consistently do the lesson itself, they would be doing it with a sour mood, which means I would have to punish them or face spoiling. This now turns into a downward spiral of mood from constant punishing T_T.

Any tips or mechanics I'm not taking advantage of I could use?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I could use some help from veterans here.

From versions prior to 2.2, my goto method of slave raising would be to simply use athletics training for easy rewards and clothing to try and stabilize mood to build a base. From my experience, athletics lessons were the least likely to be rejected so I could use them for early training and rewards. I noticed slaves would reject more often and when I did get to a point where they would consistently do the lesson itself, they would be doing it with a sour mood, which means I would have to punish them or face spoiling. This now turns into a downward spiral of mood from constant punishing T_T.

Any tips or mechanics I'm not taking advantage of I could use?
Hint 1: When you do the lessons, pay close attention to the text describing the slave's performance.

Hint 2: Obedience thresholds aren't the same for every slave. Other lesson types may be accepted before athletics. Likewise, doing gymnastics vs. a lesson may have different obedience requirements.

Hint 3: Just because the slave feels guilty doesn't mean you need to punish her.

chochothelele

Apr 21, 2017
Hint 1: When you do the lessons, pay close attention to the text describing the slave's performance.

Hint 2: Obedience thresholds aren't the same for every slave. Other lesson types may be accepted before athletics. Likewise, doing gymnastics vs. a lesson may have different obedience requirements.

Hint 3: Just because the slave feels guilty doesn't mean you need to punish her.
Ah! I'm currently hammering out the minutiae from the hints but they were all helpful! I'll admit as of writing I only took a cursory look at the changelog so silly me for not paying attention!

With regards to hint 1, the uniform certainly did change the message for future training messages. I'll definitely make more use of the them. I was under the impression they were just increases to learn rates for skills.

And with hint 2 I'm curious if origin stories for the slaves or their stats can help identify which lessons/activities would be more acceptable for the slaver to ask/demand of the slave. *EDIT* Yes, thanks to the changelog! Stats can help identify obedience thresholds for activities/lessons!

And finally with hint 3. Was I wrong to assume that unpunished guilt would degrade obedience variables or increase spoiling? Or rather they were correct and I'm expected to make use to the short term benefits and learn to change the response accordingly as the maluses started to stack? So I would deal with at least one or two points of spoiling for a small current relief of obedience or mood to keep the training progressing? Is there a threshold of guilt I'm allowed to let slip before it requires punishment?

Thanks for taking the time to enlighten me!

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Ah! I'm currently hammering out the minutiae from the hints but they were all helpful! I'll admit as of writing I only took a cursory look at the changelog so silly me for not paying attention!

With regards to hint 1, the uniform certainly did change the message for future training messages. I'll definitely make more use of the them. I was under the impression they were just increases to learn rates for skills.

And with hint 2 I'm curious if origin stories for the slaves or their stats can help identify which lessons/activities would be more acceptable for the slaver to ask/demand of the slave. *EDIT* Yes, thanks to the changelog! Stats can help identify obedience thresholds for activities/lessons!

And finally with hint 3. Was I wrong to assume that unpunished guilt would degrade obedience variables or increase spoiling? Or rather they were correct and I'm expected to make use to the short term benefits and learn to change the response accordingly as the maluses started to stack? So I would deal with at least one or two points of spoiling for a small current relief of obedience or mood to keep the training progressing? Is there a threshold of guilt I'm allowed to let slip before it requires punishment?

Thanks for taking the time to enlighten me!
You're not wrong and yes, you're expected to adapt to the situation. A bit of spoiling is usually preferable to depression, and will even resolve itself naturally as the slave becomes more obedient. Letting guilt go unpunished can be beneficial ... but the more the guilt, the more the impact. If a slave does something that makes her feel merit when she already feels guilty, what happens? See for yourself...

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Anyone can take a build and go off their own way
demand or feel entitled to
passive agressive and openly aggressive
What can I say, I get a shorter fuse as I age and am constitutionally incapable of backing down from a good dispute. :oops:

I don't really want to have all that much to do with JONT or its development, because while I admire its uniqueness, it doesn't really suit my tastes all that well. And I have a whole pile of other mods to do, probably more than I'd ever be able to complete.

I get along okay with Lokplart, we have prior history over at HHS forums as well. The other two I don't really know, and now I don't particularly care to know, either.

Just because a few people try to work on a project doesn't mean they communicate as if they're on LAN or on a dedicated git/repo
I'm fine with waiting, for a few weeks if need be. I'm not okay with promises to do something, or zero replies to a meaningful post, while the devs seem to have lots of time to answer all sorts of frivolous questions. And then surprised pikachu faces and demands for 'respect' when they get called on it. :censored:

As for your content, I'd say post it, really.
It's posted and/or linked here, and I'm not going to remove anything. But some of it is not yet complete.

Lokplart said he'll link it in his mod thread once that's back alive and kicking. I was just wondering whether there's a better place for it, because it strikes me as a very useful resource to have when doing a trainer or simbro game.

JPEG sucks. That's the beginning and the end of it in any discussion except file-size, most definitely poorer than PNG in quality even at 100% unquestionably.
Except most of the time, you'd be hard-pressed to spot any meaningful differences, at least at the resolutions we're talking about. Or, well, I'm no artist or connaisseur, but I can't. And as far as I know, XXX game players rarely spend a lot of time ogling a picture in minute detail. I guess there are people like that, but I doubt there are many.

Look at my last post's picture examples. I had a lot of difficulty telling the difference between the JPG and the PNG, except for the fact that one is a fifth of the size of the other.

I even blew the JPG up by a factor of 2 (squared) using plain lanzcos. It's a bit fuzzy, but quite serviceable. There are worse pictures already in the game due to paucity of candidates. And it's still about half the size of the original PNG.

Transparency I thought I saw being used, could be wrong...but the whole main-menu seemed to use it
Well, okay, quite a bit of the UI, NPCs and the 'full body' pictures do use transparency. But none of the 'scenes' do, and they're like 90%+ of the girl-related content, size-wise.

You can just not communicate with anyone you don't want to.
But I wanted to communicate with both of them, to get their opinion. I do have it now, if not in a manner I'd have preferred. :(

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Jman9 I had intended to look at your icon pack myself, but wasn't in a particular hurry to do so. I figured qwerty would probably take a look, since he tends to be more focused on the graphics side of things. I didn't make any attempt to coordinate that with him since he does tend to read the forum. Responding to "frivolous" posts doesn't take much time or effort, and it's a higher priority for me to help people who are asking for help with gameplay than to explore possible improvements to graphics. My level of motivation to explore this has further diminished since then.

BupoTiling03-Retired I'm sorry you took my comments poorly.

Reactions: Jman9

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
What can I say, I get a shorter fuse as I age and am constitutionally incapable of backing down from a good dispute. :oops:
If you lived nearby and if I drank beer, we'd be shooting the breeze on this one. xD
I'm not going to remove anything.
I hope I didn't give the impression that I wanted that, if so, I apologize. o.o
But I wanted to communicate with both of them, to get their opinion. I do have it now, if not in a manner I'd have preferred. :(
Rock on. :)

As for image quality stuff... I'm nearly 2ft away from my LCD and I can see the individual 4K RGB pixels cells in the panel. Granted I can see far more than most people but eh. I pick up on noise far too easily, too.

Reactions: Jman9

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
Wait, hold up. Selling your branded slaves at the auction doesn't boost your brand's reputation? That seems messed up. How do you raise brand rep then?

I figured two S+ slaves should be worth a good amount considering how much time and effort it takes to train one.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes