• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 9 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Wrell

Jun 26, 2020
How do I recover stamina of my slave?
Slaves get more stamina each day based on their fitness level. Increase their fitness and they will have more stamina to spend every day (feed them higher quality meals, do gymnastics, acrobatics, or train fitness). Also, a massage either as a reward or from the salon in white town recovers 1 stamina once a day, you can also feed them drugs to give temporary stamina but you risk them becoming addicted and other nasty side-effects

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I never managed to solve my audio problems despite reinstalling all my drivers, installing all windows redistributables, not using my bluetooth headset and trying low volume speakers, changing file directory, changing region settings, and even using compatibility mode, I'm starting to think that this game just hates me or it hates Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2.

Welp, that said It's still a fun game, it has definitely changed from the last time I played it, the game is so difficult now, does anyone have any tips on how to start now? I used to just spam situations and do gymnastics but the slaves won't budge anymore, rofl.
Was referenced by qwertyu12359 that someone was having issues with audio. Check your ini and make sure there is no line about mute/muting. Also, a new build may be released which brings back the menu for muting/unmuting. You may have better luck with that.

*Edit* Two other people beside myself have been able to play from a thumb drive. They are using full Windows installs, latest, and I've done both a passthrough and dual-boot junk install and they all work with thumb drives. Seems your own setup may genuinely be at fault. You should never have to bother with Region (these aren't illusion games or CJK-based) or even bother with compatibility. I'm guessing a UAC issue, honestly, or you might have a very slow thumb drive (songs are played asynchronously to my memory, which means they'd play whenever they finish reading and loading, and I'm using USB C 3.1 Gen 2 thumb drives).

Last edited:

Zakata

Jun 3, 2019
I know exactly why this is the case. It's because most of the hentai pictures you can fetch from the internet are from visual novel. Most visual novel pictures, you can find them in 800x600, which is the roughly the resolution used for pictures in this game.
I see. Well the game is a bit older i guess. For quite some time now most visual novels are scaled on a solid 1200x960 base.
Just a general question, if you had these ressources back in the day in the development of JONT would you scale the base resolution from the game up, maybe even to 1920x1080 for a broader and more expletive experience of the game and less cramped UI? What would in your opinion the perfect reso. be?

I welcome any better alternatives :)

Take every pictures you dislike. Sort them into two folders, one for "artistically out of place", the other for "bad quality, needs lossless source". Then send the folder to me, or just the list. If from the list there are some I still like and don't want removed, I'll tell you, the rest, I'll replace them with better alternatives (we can also do half/half).
I will look for suitable, good quality pictures and present em' in some time to you guys ofc u can decide if you want them or not. Also i noticed that i may have came across a bit too rough about this. I'm not that much of a dickhead so yea that wasn't my intent. There are many great pictures in the game and even if some look a bit washy there are quite a few who still got "soul".

approve_new_2.png approve_new_2.png Good enough?

(I can remove the shadow, I haven't checked in game if it's better with or without)
Man, i just realised the time difference between my post and yours, freakin sanic, gotta go fast efficient ass dude!
I really like the latest version, it really looks alot cleaner and its a good thing that the checkmark is thicker too.
Still unsure how to feel about the shadow. Cutting it out would maybe better, because the crossmark isn't highlighted that way. The difference would be too big i guess.

Also after i read through the last 10 pages or so, i've came across a post that mentioned that some kind soul provided some piercing templates for the game. I would appreciate it if on of you guys who downloaded it back then could share it again so i could maybe implement some of the stuff for the upcoming girls.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: qwertyu12359

Crell

Aug 6, 2017
Is it currently even possible to win the Pony race? I tried every combination possible with a max stat (Enduring+Racehorse) Pony Girl and all 4 bonus items, but I have absolutely no chance at winning, no matter what I do.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Is it currently even possible to win the Pony race? I tried every combination possible with a max stat (Enduring+Racehorse) Pony Girl and all 4 bonus items, but I have absolutely no chance at winning, no matter what I do.
I have yet to encounter a race I couldn't win. Upload your saved game and I'll give it a try.

StillSlyMarbo

Nov 7, 2018
Make sure you installed your Qt libs and make sure you unmute the window, the in-game sound, and set the volume up in the game options. Also make sure your sound is routed correctly in Linux (sometimes an absolute pain in the ass to do...*looking at alsamixer with sinister eyes*). Feedback on file-system access would be awesome (any images missing, etc). If you run from console/shell/terminal, it'll print out mapping. You'll always see 'a.jpg', ignore it. That is a missing file that has always been missing since the v1.7 days at the earliest I saw when debugging for people. Qt libs must be installed for all of that stuff. libqt5multimedia5, libqt5multimedia5-plugins, etc. There may be more, I can't recall all the libs Qt normally uses. I use EndeavourOS with KDE DE (basically Arch but with a nice welcome-wizard installer) and Mint Cinnamon (currently developing this on). I can boot my main rig and test it on the KDE environment sometime. Also, due to a lot of changes in the engine that I did to fix bugs, it might be best to try with a new game.

*Edit* Just checked some offline messages with two colleagues of mine, they've got sound, but they also had to install some libs (I use them as guinea pigs for Linux stuff, both run *buntu X_X, **** I hate Gnome 3/Unity). We have noticed one regression due to a line I left out in the build by accident. I had commented-out a debug print and accidentally commented out a line preventing music from playing when any QSP game asks to play music when the Mute is set on but that can be temporarily worked around by muting in-game if you don't want sound, so I'll dig the src back up and work on it and upload yet another 'final'. xD Main thing is, finally playable due to the intercepting of file-system requests by the game. Requests run through a virtual proxy, always have been, but I tweaked it to provide a hash-accelerated (aka cache) brute-forced mapping on first-access of any. Basically the new code in there breaks any request into an array split by path, recursively walks that split inside the gameDir comparing the lowercase of each and then returning the original found path and is appended to a map 'to be used' and is then kept in a hash with the requested unaltered path as the key and returns the found path as value. The first hit always requires a performance hit but after that, all good, think of it like paging/swapfile. The hash is kept until the game is closed. If you quickload or reload or even reopen the QSP, the cache is still there. Might get rid of that but eh. Thinking about building a slightly more-efficient system for initial lookups as well, but eh. The initial lookup doesn't take into account any previous bruting, so there is a performance gain if I implement it all like that. Wouldn't be hard but eh, lazy today. :D By the way, the Mute system I implemented not only works correctly in that things also resume but they also 'pause' instead of stop. This is what allows resuming and differentiating so that you don't have to navigate away for the music to start again. They simply resume. The previous code stopped them, and you couldn't 'unmute' in the sense that you were forced to navigate away. Not with mine.

*Edit* Added the line back, Mute should mute even when a sound is asked to be played. Working so far for me. :) (By the way, the Race aka Ride music can only be fixed by the developer(s) once they get rid of that $toplay codeblock and do it properly (or at least also set $toplay which they don't do, and so it causes a regression). I'd compile the QSP, but I don't want to handle 'omg save broke' kind of stuff right now. xD Got a heavy night ahead of myself. 2 x RAID5 rebuilds across 8 drives, woo!... At least they're Enterprise-grade. *whimper* :'(

Bugs: Only one known at the moment. *nix systems limit the number of handles to files/folders, etc. Eventually the Qt backend takes a dump and stops loading new files. Just restart the game. (You'll see in console/shell/terminal: QIODevice::read (QFile, ...): device not open or Could not create AF_NETLINK socket (Too many open files).) Quite frankly I despise 'Linux limits' in every way and find them a moronic 'anti-feature'. Just check on increasing file-max and ulimit.

Small note: I might compile for Windows, I don't use it, and I'd probably have to do that in a VM, but it'd fix everyone's audio issues and such (excluding the aforementioned Race/Ride issue, that's a game issue only the developer(s) can fix.)
Well, after way more troubleshooting then I probably should have taken, I’ve finally discovered why I have no sound. It turns out that running JONT on my external drive was the culprit, I have since moved It over to my internal drive and now have sound back.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I see. Well the game is a bit older i guess. For quite some time now most visual novels are scaled on a solid 1200x960 base.
Just a general question, if you had these ressources back in the day in the development of JONT would you scale the base resolution from the game up, maybe even to 1920x1080 for a broader and more expletive experience of the game and less cramped UI? What would in your opinion the perfect reso. be?
1) It doesn't really matter how old JONT is. What matters is the number of uncensored hi-res visual in the world: does it offer enough pictures on Gelbooru and alternatives in order to fill in the game with pink haired milfs playing flute, or giving footjobs?

Unfortunately, no. Even with the largest pool of picture possible, it was simply impossible and I had to recolor some hair myself (and I'm not a photoshop artist; I had to select each strand of hair on paintdotnet, and I wanted to die).

2) Perfect resolution would be 4k, at least we'd be set for the future and wouldn't have to go back to raise our standards in another 10 years. Though if you notice, the game currently still quite looks good even when put in fullscreen on a big monitor (at least on my 1440p screen it looks very decent).

I will look for suitable, good quality pictures and present em' in some time to you guys ofc u can decide if you want them or not. Also i noticed that i may have came across a bit too rough about this. I'm not that much of a dickhead so yea that wasn't my intent. There are many great pictures in the game and even if some look a bit washy there are quite a few who still got "soul".
Thank you, yes, 2.0 image selection took a lot of time and passion. I really checked every pages of gelbooru each time and went for the best, for every act, every age, every hair length, and every hair color (but that was back when the game had .gif pictures... so I have to do it all again sooner or later ^^)

Anyway, make sure for your picture journey to always pick the lossless source, by first clicking this: a.png

Man, i just realised the time difference between my post and yours, freakin sanic, gotta go fast efficient ass dude!
sanichedgehog-1060845.jpg
I really like the latest version, it really looks alot cleaner and its a good thing that the checkmark is thicker too.
Still unsure how to feel about the shadow. Cutting it out would maybe better, because the crossmark isn't highlighted that way. The difference would be too big i guess.
approve_new_2_noshadow.png

ImperatorAugustusTertius : I made it fit inside but... is it really better? Aprove_no_shadow_smallcheckmark.png

Also after i read through the last 10 pages or so, i've came across a post that mentioned that some kind soul provided some piercing templates for the game. I would appreciate it if on of you guys who downloaded it back then could share it again so i could maybe implement some of the stuff for the upcoming girls.

Cheers.
I haven't seen it :unsure:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I haven't seen it
Reading is hard? :cautious:

Anyway, it's a Brothel King-related initiative that's not completed yet, so Zakata might want to head towards our forums. I also offered other icons beyond piercings as well, as a side effect of my BK mod.

Edit:
What matters is the number of uncensored hi-res visual in the world: does it offer enough pictures on Gelbooru and alternatives in order to fill in the game with pink haired milfs playing flute, or giving footjobs?
Maybe not, but you're not limited to Gelbooru. E.g. , and aren't entirely absent, either.

Last edited:

GreatestDerp

Feb 22, 2018
Strenght loss is way to insane.
Your chance on losing is 4x times the rate of gaining...

Fighting certain people in Colloseum doesn't give you any Strength XP but then the ones who do wil defeat you 90% of the times.
It says you can practice Martial Arts i have gone through the whole city TWICE and i did not find anywhere to ''Train martial arts''...

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
Is there any other way to learn flagellation skill other than whipping slaves? Do I basically need to capture someone from the fogs, beat them till they faint, sell, rinse and repeat?

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Strenght loss is way to insane.
Your chance on losing is 4x times the rate of gaining...

Fighting certain people in Colloseum doesn't give you any Strength XP but then the ones who do wil defeat you 90% of the times.
It says you can practice Martial Arts i have gone through the whole city TWICE and i did not find anywhere to ''Train martial arts''...
Combat = martial arts. Gladiatrix training, battles or sparring. You lose strength if you eat crappy food, take (lots of) drugs or overexert yourself.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Is there any other way to learn flagellation skill other than whipping slaves? Do I basically need to capture someone from the fogs, beat them till they faint, sell, rinse and repeat?
Teaching pony racing also uses whip skill. And while you could do what you suggest, you could also let the skill raise naturally as you use it.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes