taler

Oct 5, 2017
So which one is considered the definitive? And by "upcoming" you mean that there's still people working on it?
I'm a newbie as well and the last few pages of the thread has been about a couple of people working on a 2.0 version that's supposedly much improved. 1.8 is the best version as of now but I've decided to wait for the 2.0 that should be coming within the week?

Feb 25, 2019
So which one is considered the definitive? And by "upcoming" you mean that there's still people working on it?
You should play v1.8 so not only would you play a game most similar to v2.0 but you would also help the modders in debugging. Play v1.8 then if you find anything weird just post your findings here. Read the thread first though since some of your findings might already have been resolved in earlier posts.

Feb 25, 2019
I'm a newbie as well and the last few pages of the thread has been about a couple of people working on a 2.0 version that's supposedly much improved. 1.8 is the best version as of now but I've decided to wait for the 2.0 that should be coming within the week?
The reason the last few pages had been only about people working on a 2.0 version is because nobody had been posting questions unrelated to v2.0. Should you post unrelated questions if someone has a sensible answer he'll probably do so.

You'll be setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect v2.0 to be much improved over v1.8 in all aspects. Lower your expectations to "the images in v2.0 would definitely be much improved." ;) If circumstances permit there will be more improvements in the future.

You can improve your upcoming v2.0 game by playing v1.8 then posting whatever bugs you find, with pictures if possible.

RustDust

Jul 18, 2017
The reason the last few pages had been only about people working on a 2.0 version is because nobody had been posting questions unrelated to v2.0. Should you post unrelated questions if someone has a sensible answer he'll probably do so.

You'll be setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect v2.0 to be much improved over v1.8 in all aspects. Lower your expectations to "the images in v2.0 would definitely be much improved." ;) If circumstances permit there will be more improvements in the future.

You can improve your upcoming v2.0 game by playing v1.8 then posting whatever bugs you find, with pictures if possible.
So where is v1.8?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
So where is v1.8?
(73.7 MB )

Although I don't remember if you have to put it inside 1.7.5 or 1.7.6...

This game has been modded by so many people that it's quite a mess. This is the problem we're trying to resolve by making an all-in-one 2.0 F95 version.

Edit: Thanks for the help Powerairmax, I'm finished, I let it upload during the day and link the archive here in about 9 hours or less (got to sleep...)

Last edited:

ordos

Aug 21, 2018
This game has been modded by so many people that it's quite a mess. This is the problem we're trying to resolve by making an all-in-one 2.0 F95 version.
I thought about it for a while and made the following conclusions.
If you really going to merge at least two big patches for 1.7.5, like 1.7.6 and 1.8 , or/and add some significant changes in the game by yourself then you should call it v2.0 (F95 Edition).
And if you going to fix 1.8 based on 1.7.5 and rework a graphic content, then you should call it something like 1.8.x (F95 Edition or even better - 1.8.x F95 Gaphic Edition).
In that way there will be less misguided people. Because you were right indeed about quite a mess in the quantity of versions ot this game.
As well you should know - There is parallel work is underway for the last several months on the Russian version of Jack HF 1.7.3 by Crushboss. Actually it is a big fork of it. At the 1st big stage it was called by author as v1.7.5.1, then became 1.7.6 with a little changes, and now it is a next big stage called 1.7.7.x Mod by Mars & Jinn (the last from 15.02.2019). And there is much more changes in the game, compared to the base 1.7.3 Jack HF, than any other mods consists for this moment. Authors of this mod are not so obssesed (in a good way) about a graphic content remake, wich is a weak side of their work from my point of view, because with an old censored images it is not so tempting for the most of the fans to play this game again.
On the contrary - even without new levels and features, but with a modern uncensored images, optimized gui and fixed bugs alltogether may allow this already good and successful game to become competitive, with respect to many modern games.

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Hello, I tested the fix for the egg laying text on the anatomy screen. Commenting out that line seems to have resolved it, great find!

I'll keep using the modified 1.8 to see if I can find any more bugs. I'm surprised that I haven't come across 1.8 previously, it's pretty impressive.

I have noticed a few problems with the scheduled events, the chariot races and fights in the coliseum seem to change unexpectedly. I need to do a bit more research before I can make a proper bug report though.

Reactions: ordos

Powerairmax

Sep 30, 2018
(73.7 MB )

Although I don't remember if you have to put it inside 1.7.5 or 1.7.6...

Edit: Thanks for the help Powerairmax, I'm finished, I let it upload during the day and link the archive here in about 9 hours or less (got to sleep...)
so I take it that the pack I sent is satisfactory enough?
BTW just out of curiosity, how big is the size of your pack?

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Yeah I agree it doesn't sound like a 2.0 yet... 1.8.1 with fixed visuals sounds good. Set the right expectations with the version numbers.

bargian

May 7, 2017
1st download base - old huntsman
then download crushboss hf 1.7.5
then download patch 1.8

there are also image replacements

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
By "upcoming", he means exactly that. He even means "to be out in only a few days". :)
neat! thanks for these infos! all these mods are quite confusing, even for me. i always just played the hongfire version without the dark helmet mod. guess i missed quite some content. can't wait for the 2.0 update in a few days :D

ordos

Aug 21, 2018
I really want to play this game but i cannot understand which one i should actually download :(
You should download version 1.7.5 Jack HF by Crushboss (5.47 GB) from the head of this topic - section "Crushboss HF Download v1.7.5".
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
then you should download (73.7 MB ), which made specifically for this v1.7.5.
Install v 1.7.5 in the preffered location, then copy above it version 1.8 confirming overwriting.
Play!

Also you may feel like you need a to play this game. This wiki is fully responds to v.1.7.5, and that is what you will have in that case with a few exeptions.
To read about them you may go Here , as well you will have detailed information about patch 1.8 by Red Fugitive.

You should play v1.8 so not only would you play a game most similar to v2.0 but you would also help the modders in debugging. Play v1.8 then if you find anything weird just post your findings here. Read the thread first though since some of your findings might already have been resolved in earlier posts.

Last edited:

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
I'm really looking forward to this 2.0 myself, I can't stand the images in the 1.7.5.... I would have probably done my own pack if the wasn't a new version on the horizon.

One question, will the version 2.0 will have the "impossible" to view images like in .7.5?
Also, it will be possible to substitute some pics gif or other pics like in the current version? I actually don't mind some censored or gif pic if the art is good

Powerairmax

Sep 30, 2018
I'm really looking forward to this 2.0 myself, I can't stand the images in the 1.7.5.... I would have probably done my own pack if the wasn't a new version on the horizon.

One question, will the version 2.0 will have the "impossible" to view images like in .7.5?
Also, it will be possible to substitute some pics gif or other pics like in the current version? I actually don't mind some censored or gif pic if the art is good
what you mean by impossible to view ?
also if I have to guess so don't think qwerty is implementing animated gifs just decent quality static pics

you can add your own animated god's if you feel like it. each to there own. both me and qwerty been doing our own thing but we decided to publicize it at some point and that's how we're here now but at the end of the day it's still a personalized project that carries our ideas of what we want to achieve

taler

Oct 5, 2017
You guys know that there's such a thing as animated pngs right? I don't know if qsp or whatever engines support it but it's supported in chrome and most browsers now.

Powerairmax

Sep 30, 2018
You guys know that there's such a thing as animated pngs right? I don't know if qsp or whatever engines support it but it's supported in chrome and most browsers now.
can confirm, qsp engine does not support APNG it will be have to modded in by someone with superior coding skills, and if memory serves right, json files weren't supported in qsp engine till people started mangling the engine to make it work, the qsp engine is way simpler than you think in terms of how it handles codes

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes