Feb 25, 2019
That's fine by me but I don't know I'f qwerty has his sets in png and got or just gif with no backup png for me to edit the WSW to read that format
That's great then. From my discussions with qwerty my understanding for the upcoming mod is that the face/paperdoll images will be in PNG while the scenes will be in GIF. Not sure about the face/avatar images. (If I remember correctly you were tinkering with a way to automatically generate the three face images from just a single one; but this is a future project if I'm not mistaken.)

Qwerty mentioned the need to keep the total file size below 10GB thus the scene images being GIFs. Might I also add that you can find many animated GIFs over the Internet that are mainly suited to the scenes.

As for the save issue yes I solved it. Turns out I had one of the Json files with 5 diget number so the game was reading all that shouldn't be there
May I ask how you went about figuring this out? I doubt you brute force your way into finding the culprit. What led you into zeroing in on the json files in particular?

Feb 25, 2019
Here is the anatomy screen. I'm working to narrow down the circumstance where the bug starts happening. It seems to happen anytime that I have a slave and hit end day. It does not happen to the assistant. The text should read "No Vagina Modifications"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I can't make promises man but I'll try to figure this out if I can.

I appreciate that you looked into my report, I do not have the QSP tools downloaded. I started looking into getting and running them but it's a bit more than I can handle today.
I got the idea to look more deeply into the code after PAM showed us how he systematically finished Felicity's quest in v1.8. Why not help a friend along the way? ;)That's okay you've been doing your part figuring out the bugs in v1.8. I attached a copy of QGen for your benefit in case the QSP wiki goes down or something. Check it first for viruses though.

By the way man, can you help me with something? I always get logged out of F95 while typing messages for a few minutes. Is that normal?

Reactions: StJesuz

Powerairmax

Sep 30, 2018
@qwertyu12359

currently uploading the uncompressed png pics as a rar file, should be ready in about 10ish minutes (worth mentioning: there's one file with the name spider_general_loli2 i decided to drop out since the one above it was spider_general_loli_2 and as mentioned in a previous post, the pic pig_duo_browngreen_milf that showed 2 girls has been changed to show one girl, you can edit the name to your liking if you want, just lemme know what name you gonna choose for it)

edit: there
@tracygotrocks
That's great then. From my discussions with qwerty my understanding for the upcoming mod is that the face/paperdoll images will be in PNG while the scenes will be in GIF
correct
Not sure about the face/avatar images. (If I remember correctly you were tinkering with a way to automatically generate the three face images from just a single one; but this is a future project if I'm not mistaken.)
they will be in png format and they are not a future project, they're ready to be released in the upcoming 2.0

May I ask how you went about figuring this out? I doubt you brute force your way into finding the culprit. What led you into zeroing in on the json files in particular?
by the good'old process of back-tracing elimination, backup and revert what you changed till the problem is solved and there lies culprit, the json files read from 1 to 2874 but the last one had an extra digit so the game was trying to save an extra couple thousands of non-existent slaves so basically yea i brute forced the game into submission

By the way man, can you help me with something? I always get logged out of F95 while typing messages for a few minutes. Is that normal?
never happened to me before, i only login once and that's it for as long as the tab is open

@StJesuz
can't say i noticed this bug till you spoke about it, i will try to look into it once i'm done with the project, thanks for the feedback ^^

Last edited:

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I can't make promises man but I'll try to figure this out if I can.

I got the idea to look more deeply into the code after PAM showed us how he systematically finished Felicity's quest in v1.8. Why not help a friend along the way? ;)That's okay you've been doing your part figuring out the bugs in v1.8. I attached a copy of QGen for your benefit in case the QSP wiki goes down or something. Check it first for viruses though.

First of all, about being logged out. I have not had that happen to me on this site, I am using the Firefox browser. I did have something like that happen to me a while back on a different site and it turned out that it was a browser extension causing the problem.

Thanks for the link to qgen. I was able to get it running and make the suggested changes to the QSP file. I can confirm that your changes resolved the issues that I was having. The armor change makes the armor slot behave slightly differently for the assistant (more like armor slot behaves for slaver) vs the assistant's other items, but it works fine and with no problems so far.

I see you just posted another fix but I'm almost out of time for now. I'll check it out later, thanks again friend.

Feb 25, 2019
they will be in png format and they are not a future project, they're ready to be released in the upcoming 2.0
Sweet! :love:

by the good'old process of back-tracing elimination, backup and revert what you changed till the problem is solved and there lies culprit, the json files read from 1 to 2874 but the last one had an extra digit so the game was trying to save an extra couple thousands of non-existent slaves so basically yea i brute forced the game into submission
You do know you've just shown us an insight as to why Jack save files are so big. With your findings regarding the json files maybe sometime in the future the community will be able to further shrink the save files to make autosaves less of a pain.

never happened to me before, i only login once and that's it for as long as the tab is open
While I was typing this response Jesus posted what might be the culprit, an extension on my Firefox browser. I thought it was a virus or hacker.

By the way PAM when the rest of the community is debugging we'll post our findings so that you and qwerty may incorporate them as you see fit in your release of v2.0.

Powerairmax

Sep 30, 2018
Hi Jesus! Using QGen, can you check? Go to location next_day, between lines 990 and 1019. Comment out (put ! before) line 1013 so it will be easier to revert should this fix fail.
If I'm not mistaken if the slave isn't pregnant by the beginning of the following day that code line will make her vag modification state "egg-laying."
i commend you for finding where the issue is but i don't recommend similar solution that leaves the IF statements without a followup to the arguments after the statement, it might cause unintentional bug somewhere

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2019
i command you for finding where the issue is but i don't recommend similar solution that leaves the IF statements without a followup to the arguments after the statement, it might cause unintentional bug somewhere
Hi PAM. Correct me if I'm wrong but kindly check. From my understanding the IF statement is on line 1012 while this offending isolated line is on a separate line 1013. The followup to the arguments of the IF statement on line 1012 is slave['ovulation'] = 7. From what I gather the slave['vaginal_modification'] = 4 is part of the followups from line 1005 IF slave["age"] ! CONST_INT['loli_age'] and slave_state ! CONST_INT['no_slave']:. The indentations of the IF statements are hard to see I admit using F95 by simply copying and pasting them from the jack.qsp.

For some reason F95 isn't properly copying the indentations from QGen on my end. Below I emphasize the different relevant nested IF statements. I think for v1.8 offending line has incorrect indentation adding to the confusion; it should be indented one space to the right.

Sorry if I'm continually revising this particular message.

Last edited:

Powerairmax

Sep 30, 2018
Hi PAM. Correct me if I'm wrong but kindly check. From my understanding the IF statement is on line 1012 while this offending isolated line is on a separate line 1013. The followup to the arguments of the IF statement on line 1012 is slave['ovulation'] = 7. From what I gather the slave['vaginal_modification'] = 4 is part of the followups from line 1005 IF slave["age"] ! CONST_INT['loli_age'] and slave_state ! CONST_INT['no_slave']:. The indentations of the IF statements are hard to see I admit using F95 by simply copying and pasting them from the jack.qsp.

For some reason F95 isn't properly copying the indentations from QGen on my end. Below I emphasize the different relevant nested IF statements. I think the offending line has incorrect indentation adding to the confusion.

i belive you're correct, mistake on my part for not seeing the ":" i mistook it being after slave['ovulation'] = 7

Feb 25, 2019
i belive you're correct, mistake on my part for not seeing the ":" i mistook it being after slave['ovulation'] = 7
I myself find it hard to see the QGen code indents from my own posts. I wanted your feedback with my nascent code tweaking anyway. Many of what you veteran HF guys did with the .qsp are way beyond the tutorial.

PAM, since you're part of the pioneers of Jack along with Crushboss and of course Old Huntsman, have you encountered or talked anything about modules in QSP? I read about them in the Russian QSP wiki using Google Translate. Theoretically if we can make this work modding and debugging Jack would become similar to modding in games such as Skyrim.

Basically, instead of modifying the entire jack.qsp, modders simply modify those parts of the jack.qsp that are involved with their mod and upload their modifications as supplementary files to the jack.qsp. During gameplay these supplementary files will be loaded together with the jack.qsp. For developers it will be much easier to track what parts of the game a particular mod has modified since these will all be shown in the supplementary files. For players they'll be able to load whatever supplementary files they want to modify their game.

But this module concept is all theory on my part. You guys have actually done the gritty code implementation.

Last edited:

Powerairmax

Sep 30, 2018
I myself find it hard to see the QGen code indents from my own posts. I wanted your feedback with my nascent code tweaking anyway. Many of what you veteran HF guys did with the .qsp are way beyond the tutorial.

PAM, since you're part of the pioneers of Jack along with Crushboss and of course Old Huntsman, have you encountered or talked anything about modules in QSP? I read about them in the Russian QSP wiki using Google Translate. Theoretically if we can make this work modding and debugging Jack would become similar to modding in games such as Skyrim.

But this is all theory on my part. You guys have actually done the gritty code implementation.
yea i remember it being something about having a secondary qsp file that loads the specific "add-on/mod" you want to introduce and crushboss fiddled with it for a bit but i don't remember what was the reason that made us abandon the idea and just dumb everything in a single qsp, maybe it was the fact you still had to manually link the secondary qsp to the main qsp which rendered old saves obsolete which also made it pointless, or maybe it was something else but i don't quite remember, it was years ago

Feb 25, 2019
yea i remember it being something about having a secondary qsp file that loads the specific "add-on/mod" you want to introduce and crushboss fiddled with it for a bit but i don't remember what was the reason that made us abandon the idea and just dumb everything in a single qsp, maybe it was the fact you still had to manually link the secondary qsp to the main qsp which rendered old saves obsolete which also made it pointless, or maybe it was something else but i don't quite remember, it was years ago
If you guys decided the concept is more trouble than it's worth then that's that.

By the way PAM, I thank you and qwerty for reviving interest in Jack.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Qwerty mentioned the need to keep the total file size below 10GB thus the scene images being GIFs.
Why? It's 2019, people have decent internet now. Why not make 2 packages, one for ppl with ok internet and one for people without?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Why? It's 2019, people have decent internet now. Why not make 2 packages, one for ppl with ok internet and one for people without?
Ouch, if you only knew the state of internet in the world... even in first-world countries; an absolute disgrace!
Anyway, I didn't mentioned the 10Gb limit as a need, but as self-chosen guideline (I said this number arbitrary: "we wouldn't want it to be 10000Gb!" would have had the same meaning).
Most importantly, I can't go back to PNGs without redoing everything from scratch. At first I wanted to have uncompressed pictures, so I asked here if it was possible to make the game read PNG in the sex scenes folder, but no one had found a solution back then.
GIF aren't ideal, but I'd choose an uncensored GIF with stellar art over a sloppy censored CGI in BMP. ;)

RustDust

Jul 18, 2017
can someone tell me what the difference is between the old huntsman, dark helmet, and crushboss versions are?

Feb 25, 2019
As qwerty had already given his explanation this is water under the bridge. So next time a modder proposes an interesting idea and asks for help we should help him then and there and not when he's about to release his mod. ;)

But in fairness to the community nobody expected qwerty and PAM to do this kind of months-long, meticulous, painstaking work so they weren't even bothering to read the Jack fora. :whistle: I'm under the impression that few people here are aware that PAM actually created Jack's current UI as well as a whole lot of other stuff.

PAM, you should probably do what crushboss did and trademark your codes in the jack.qsp. :p

Reactions: qwertyu12359
Feb 25, 2019
can someone tell me what the difference is between the old huntsman, dark helmet, and crushboss versions are?
Old Huntsman is the Russian guy who created this game in the first place.

Crushboss and his buddies in the old hongfire thread improved upon Old Huntsman's work (particularly the confusing coding) culminating in his Jack HF v1.7.5 mod, considered the most bug-free, stable Jack mod out there.

Dark Helmet's Jack HF v1.7.6 is a mod built upon crushboss' v1.7.5 with various improvements. Unfortunately, it ruined the combat system. Nemth's mod (which isn't numbered) is basically Dark Helmet's mod without the combat bugs.

The upcoming mod here tentatively called Jack F95 v2.0 is based on Fugitive Red's Jack HF v1.8 which is ultimately based on crushboss' v1.7.5. Fugitive Red's mod includes a lot of quality of life improvements as well as spelling and grammar improvements.

You can read more about crushboss' and Dark Helmet's complete mod features through the wiki. The features of v1.8 are found in the post by ordos here in F95.

Last edited:

RustDust

Jul 18, 2017
Old Huntsman is the Russian guy who created this game in the first place.

Crushboss and his buddies in the old hongfire thread improved upon Old Huntsman's work (particularly the confusing coding) culminating in his Jack HF v1.7.5 mod, considered the most bug-free, stable Jack mod out there.

Dark Helmet's Jack HF v1.7.6 is a mod built upon crushboss' v1.7.5 with various improvements. Unfortunately, it ruined the combat system. Nemth's mod (which isn't numbered) is basically Dark Helmet's mod without the combat bugs.

The upcoming mod here tentatively called Jack F95 v2.0 is based on Fugitive Red's Jack HF v1.8 which is ultimately based on crushboss' v1.7.5. Fugitive Red's mod includes a lot of quality of life improvements as well as spelling and grammar improvements.

You can read more about crushboss' and Dark Helmet's complete mod features through the wiki. The features of v1.8 are found in the post by ordos here in F95.
So which one is considered the definitive? And by "upcoming" you mean that there's still people working on it?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
So which one is considered the definitive? And by "upcoming" you mean that there's still people working on it?
1.7.8 could have been considered the definitive (hard to find) version. The game was considered dead since 2017 (not sure about the date, but something like that).

By "upcoming", he means exactly that. He even means "to be out in only a few days". :)

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes