Daekas

Jul 26, 2017
There you go, savegame.
Still happens non-stop. And i was wrong, it can happen even if i just roam the city.
(Tried normal start, custom start.. tried easy mode, normal mode)

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
There you go, savegame.
Still happens non-stop. And i as wrong, it can happen even if i just roam the city.
(Tried normal start, custom start.. tried easy mode, normal mode)
Tried the save, wandered around, bought a slave, tried a lesson. No crash. There have been some engine fixes since 2.2. Maybe you'd have better luck with the latest build.

(Dev' version is near the top of the page below the Latest version).

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I can't think of many reports of the game crashing.

I'd try reinstalling the pre requisite libraries, linked in the OP.

Sometimes games will have a problem if their path gets too long, I ran into that problem once upon a time and now I always run from c:\games or similar.

Only other thing I'd try is to launch the game from the alternate launcher. Within the game\testing folder copy the bat file to the install folder and try using that to launch the game. It's possible you will get some error text in the background window that pops up.
testq.png

Reactions: qwertyu12359

aurelion44

Oct 21, 2020
Hi, got a few gameplay questions:

1) Under which circumstance does "Threaten" work? I tried it on slave (day1 contract) with lots of rebellion but considerably fainter aura and (only?) 1 fear and 1 spoiling. It says she doesnt take me seriously. What do I need to change in order to pass the skill check?

2) Does magnifica spell influence the outcome of encourage (i think so), threaten and put in place?

3) Under which circumstance does "put in place" work? (same slave as to 1))

Daekas

Jul 26, 2017
Tried it with the Dev-Version.
Again. And it crashed. Again.

It still just closes randomly - but within a minute, usually. The faster i click buttons the quicker the crash..
Is this system-power dependant? I do have 'powerful' hardware (3090 oc, 128GB of Ram 5950xAMDcpu - Everything on new nvme2's ....) Can't recall having problems back in the day when i ran this game on my old 1070gtx with Intel i7.

I'm actually done tryin', i'm grateful that you offered help so quickly but i'm not really interested in trying more than i already have. Given that this is the first and only game i ran into issues with, i might just deinstall it for good and forget it.

If i open it with the bat, i just get an error, nothing happens.
If i boot (or better said try to boot) it with the jack.exe - the window popping up tells me that:
"Could not open file: " "A:/Games/JackO/game/engine/game/jack.qsp"

Last edited:

aurelion44

Oct 21, 2020
When it says: slave should master one sexual skill, does it mean e.g. just vaginal sex S+ or does it mean the whole penetration group s+? Cause I got her to vaginal sex s+, but it still says "master one sexual skill" needed.

EDIT: Okay. Common skills count as independent skills. So for mastering a common skill I just need to bring her as maid or cook to s+. For sexual skills not the certain sexual counts (like vaginal, anal) but the group (like penetration).

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Tried it with the Dev-Version.
Again. And it crashed. Again.

It still just closes randomly - but within a minute, usually. The faster i click buttons the quicker the crash..
Is this system-power dependant? I do have 'powerful' hardware (3090 oc, 128GB of Ram 5950xAMDcpu - Everything on new nvme2's ....) Can't recall having problems back in the day when i ran this game on my old 1070gtx with Intel i7.

I'm actually done tryin', i'm grateful that you offered help so quickly but i'm not really interested in trying more than i already have. Given that this is the first and only game i ran into issues with, i might just deinstall it for good and forget it.

If i open it with the bat, i just get an error, nothing happens.
If i boot (or better said try to boot) it with the jack.exe - the window popping up tells me that:
"Could not open file: " "A:/Games/JackO/game/engine/game/jack.qsp"
Not hardware/system-power dependent. As you said, the game has been around a long time. Any PC should be able to run it.

The game actually doesn't do anything until you click. The only thing that runs in the background is the music, which repeats.

If you open the game and just stay in the main menu, it doesn't crash, right? Only after you've actually started a game?

You said that you had a friend try it and they had the same problem, right?

Clearly there is something different between your system (and your friend's system) and all the other players who've not reported this problem. You (and your friend) are the only ones seeing the problem, so the only place where we can investigate it is on your computers. I understand if you want to just give up at this point, but here are some other ideas to try:

1. As suggested by StJesuz, maybe you need to update your system's Visual C++ redistributable. has direct download links for the latest 2022 version. For your convenience:

Please also make sure you have the 2013 version (linked from same Microsoft page):

This theory is plausible because "versions since 2015 share the same redistributable files. For example, any apps built by the 2015, 2017, 2019, or 2022 toolsets can use the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. However, the version of the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable installed on the machine must be the same or higher than the version of the Visual C++ toolset used to create your application."

If by chance you have an older version the game might be using it, therefore able to run, but encountering a more subtle error.

2. Maybe there's a missing dependency. has a free tool depend.exe that can be run on a program to see what other system files it requires. The output when I run this on game\engine\jack.exe looks like this:

1642004103233.png

As you can see there are some missing files, but the game doesn't actually need those so it still works. If you see anything missing besides what's listed here, that would be a problem. However, I doubt this is the issue because the game probably wouldn't even start up if that was it.

3. Maybe there's a problem with sound. If you rename the content\snd folder to content\snd_off (change the folder name so the game can't find any of the music files), does the game still crash? If you don't ever crash in the main menu, this theory becomes even less likely, because there's also sound in the main menu.

Willhelmcz

Apr 11, 2021

1) Under which circumstance does "Threaten" work? I tried it on slave (day1 contract) with lots of rebellion but considerably fainter aura and (only?) 1 fear and 1 spoiling. It says she doesnt take me seriously. What do I need to change in order to pass the skill check?

2) Does magnifica spell influence the outcome of encourage (i think so), threaten and put in place?

1) "Threaten" work on slave which is influenced and driven by fear from you. (BtW day 1 slave differs every game)
2) No - this help your magic in cases when your Aura is weaker then Aura of your slave
3) This work only if your already obedient slave bacome spoiled (cast Auspex and read slave´s Aura)

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020

Yes, Magna Magnifika influences the outcome of all three actions. Magna Magnifika increases the master's aura vs. the slave.

You need to have punished her successfully several times before Put in place will be effective. It's not a fixed number, but if she has ever had at least 2 guilt (without spell amplification) then you're past that condition. Put in place on a slave who is not obedient (thorns in aura) will have minimal effect at best.

Threaten is similar but doesn't require previous successful punishments. Threaten on a slave with no awareness in her aura will have minimal effect at best.

Higher awareness stat in aura, and intelligence, also help for both Threaten and Put in place.

Fear is a bonus for Put in place, offset by the level of spoiling.

All of these interactions also lose effectiveness with repetition.

Put in place is mainly useful as a correction for obedient slaves who become spoiled. Note that spoiled slaves feel more merit for their actions so you can reward them more, raising their awareness faster, so it's not entirely a negative if you have a slave who starts spoiled. Spoiling will fade naturally over time if you aren't doing something to reinforce it.

When it says: slave should master one sexual skill, does it mean e.g. just vaginal sex S+ or does it mean the whole penetration group s+? Cause I got her to vaginal sex s+, but it still says "master one sexual skill" needed.

EDIT: Okay. Common skills count as independent skills. So for mastering a common skill I just need to bring her as maid or cook to s+. For sexual skills not the certain sexual counts (like vaginal, anal) but the group (like penetration).
Correct, sexual mastery refers to a category.

Reactions: aurelion44

Daekas

Jul 26, 2017
A lot of stuff being said
My friend and i share identical hardware, only different software, i assume.
The first thing i did was try'na rename the soundfolder.
Now, even if i rapidly click a button (Go home, for example) the game does not crash. (Which caused a crash 100% before)
Not sure if that 'fixed' it, needs more testing of some sorts but i clicked a lot of stuff for about a minute and nothing happened - yet. i'll let you know if something may or may not happen from here.

aurelion44

Oct 21, 2020
Am I supposed to certainly lose a horse race with: Trotter A+, Endurance S+, young, all racing items. aura: lot obidience, 2 fear, 3 awarness, 2 taming, 4 habit, 1 spoil, 1 devo?

No matter what I do, the string blades decapitate my slave :(

EDIT: Okay. It seems I need 5 handeling to get safely through string blades. Which will set me with 10 weight cart to -1 speed :D

Track: Start -> Russian -> Dragon -> String -> String -> Straight -> Sharp -> String -> Russian -> Russian -> Straight -> Home

Last edited:

bugman

Aug 20, 2017
Hey guys, does anyone know if the project has been abandoned?
the last update to the Git repository was around july and I can't find any other updates

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Am I supposed to certainly lose a horse race with: Trotter A+, Endurance S+, young, all racing items. aura: lot obidience, 2 fear, 3 awarness, 2 taming, 4 habit, 1 spoil, 1 devo?

No matter what I do, the string blades decapitate my slave :(

EDIT: Okay. It seems I need 5 handeling to get safely through string blades. Which will set me with 10 weight cart to -1 speed :D

Track: Start -> Russian -> Dragon -> String -> String -> Straight -> Sharp -> String -> Russian -> Russian -> Straight -> Home
Using 2.2 or latest 2.2.1? We made races easier in 2.2.1. Not having maxed pony skill is a disadvantage. Low taming is a disadvantage.

Reactions: aurelion44

aurelion44

Oct 21, 2020
Using 2.2 or latest 2.2.1? We made races easier in 2.2.1. Not having maxed pony skill is a disadvantage. Low taming is a disadvantage.
I dont know. But I used the MEGA download link. So that version.

I dont know if it matters, but in the version I´m playing the Thick Steel Ring costs 30 instead of 20 which the shop txt message says.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I dont know. But I used the MEGA download link. So that version.

I dont know if it matters, but in the version I´m playing the Thick Steel Ring costs 30 instead of 20 which the shop txt message says.
MEGA link is 2.2. The price text is still incorrect in the latest dev build. Thanks for pointing that out.

Willhelmcz

Apr 11, 2021
I must admit that I really missing some better transparency of RPG elements in the game.
Figuring out from Aura why the slave is spoiled is quite frustrating.
Did exist any table where are statistics of Equipment?
e.g. I noticed that Soft slippers have +1 mood effect (but not sure if they also did not gave +1 to spoil)

Or do you have any recomended equipment set for concubine, artist, housemaid?
e.g. Maid costume by my personal experience is not best for servant/asistent training as one would guess. I have better results with light sundress.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I must admit that I really missing some better transparency of RPG elements in the game.
Figuring out from Aura why the slave is spoiled is quite frustrating.
Did exist any table where are statistics of Equipment?
e.g. I noticed that Soft slippers have +1 mood effect (but not sure if they also did not gave +1 to spoil)

Or do you have any recomended equipment set for concubine, artist, housemaid?
e.g. Maid costume by my personal experience is not best for servant/asistent training as one would guess. I have better results with light sundress.
The obscuring of some internal values (no +3 sword of slaying) is intentional to make the game less of a spreadsheet simulator.

Equipment descriptions all contain hints about situations where they may provide some benefit. The effects are small so it's not a big impact if you don't optimize perfectly.

Wearing clothing does not cause spoiling. Aura is always a result of previous actions; it doesn't tell you the cause. Spoiling is usually from excessive rewards or comfort rules. Read the description text at the bottom of the rules window when you enable a rule - the ones that can spoil a slave are clearly mentioned there.

Mood is very important for training, so it's often best to optimize clothing for mood first - if mood cannot be improved further by clothing then wearing a uniform that is appropriate for the task is beneficial. For example, for a housekeeping lesson, you can use the maid uniform, hijab and rubber gloves.

Reactions: Willhelmcz
4.00 star(s) 59 Votes