Aug 13, 2017
Have you successfully completed the tutorial in 2.2.1? It is worth revisiting.

If you want more specific advice, post screenshots of slave rules screen and master diary so we can see what you are working with.
I passed the tutorial(all 3), but there you are already given a lot of things by a skilled master

a starting guild contract for a servant and a wasted week - when trying any non-verbal punishment, she gets into a fight, loses energy and takes two days only to get out of the red star zone.

yes, you can send her to a public toilet twice, after which she agrees to the simplest actions (but she does them in such a way that she only provokes further punishments), but this is 25 sparks for treatment and it is not known how many more expenses for restoring mood - and at the beginning of the sparks and without it is not enough

I'm ready to listen to advice -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ForgottenNote

Jan 25, 2020
Since you're changing the money lender, you could maybe consider adding an option to take a new loan to pay for the old one.

I started a new game as Jhonny in 2.2.1 and needed to take a loan to finish training a guild contract. When the loan was due, I was 20 short of being able to pay back the loan and take a new one. Could have rolled back to almost a decade back when I bought a Livery I didn't end up using, but that was an unecessary hassle, so just cheated myself the missing amount, paid the loan and then took out a new one. In my head that was just me renegotiating a new loan to pay for the old one, something you do regularily in reality, but it would be neat if you could do so in game.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Since you're changing the money lender, you could maybe consider adding an option to take a new loan to pay for the old one.

I started a new game as Jhonny in 2.2.1 and needed to take a loan to finish training a guild contract. When the loan was due, I was 20 short of being able to pay back the loan and take a new one. Could have rolled back to almost a decade back when I bought a Livery I didn't end up using, but that was an unecessary hassle, so just cheated myself the missing amount, paid the loan and then took out a new one. In my head that was just me renegotiating a new loan to pay for the old one, something you do regularily in reality, but it would be neat if you could do so in game.
Would you be allowed to extend a loan more than once?

ForgottenNote

Jan 25, 2020
Would you be allowed to extend a loan more than once?
Yeah, I could see the sense of limiting it to being only doable once. Or only doable if you can pay like 50% of the previous loan back as you renegotiate, but that could be just as annoying as the situation I had. You shouldn't need to take more than two loans to get sustainable, unless you've screwed up big time or are in a debt spiral. But then again, might not be necessary to limit renegotiating, as long as the player can only have one loan at a time.

On a separate note: A bug report for 2.2.1, or at least I can't remember having this issue in 2.2. Rarely when saving the game crashes instead. Creates an unusable savefile.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
On a separate note: A bug report for 2.2.1, or at least I can't remember having this issue in 2.2. Rarely when saving the game crashes instead. Creates an unusable savefile.
Can you reproduce the crash by repeatedly saving the game? Did it happen anywhere or only when you were saving in a particular part of the game? Are you low on disk space? Are you manually saving and typing a filename or using the quicksave?

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Unless you are lucky or have post-patrician rewards, I expect to need at least one healing balm in a top-tier mists battle. Those battles shouldn't be won consistently without consumables. If you are seeing that in your testing, then we should make those enemies harder.
I guess it's more reasonable. But I remember that if you want to remain more energy after a combat with a strong enemy, drinking potion at the penultimate turn can't meet your demands usually.

In most multi-enemy fights, you need two rounds to kill one, so that's two rounds of all of them hitting you. For an attack-first strategy, elven chainmail certainly helps, if one of their attack colors is green. But multi-enemies usually have lower base damage, and gothic plate gives slightly more base damage reduction than chainmail. Considering you are hit multiple times, gothic plate should leave you with more health at the end of the round, unless you are lucky with chainmail and most or all of the enemies picked green damage.
In combat with multiple enemies, elven chainmail is less useful indeed, but temporary team enemies in game aren't hard to defeat lol.

Your analysis makes more sense with the understanding that you're trying to kill them before they kill you, without using potions. But as I mentioned before, that's not really how I expect mists battles to go. For example, you should usually use a balm before your killing blow, to more efficiently minimize injuries. So minimum expectation for a difficult 1vs1 battle would be 5 turns: 2 turns applying attack multipliers, 1 turn using a super attack, 1 turn taking a balm, then 1 turn attacking again to finish.
Agreed, severe wounds cost more to cure too.

After the first round, you might be taking double damage from more than one color, so this analysis is only for the first round, correct?
Armor value difference between armors matters less than agility facing a doubled damage.
20 * 2 - 6 can be considerd (20-6) + 20, the former part offset by armor, then the latter part deals real damage.
20 * 2 * 0.5, the 0.5 applies on both two parts.

On the other side, with large loans as you said, the idea is to take credit against future profits so you can achieve your goals sooner. But unlike reality, there is no escape into bankruptcy; if the player miscalculates and is unable to pay the long loan, it would be a very frustrating dead end. Therefore, I think few players would take such loans. That's why I'm thinking to make them all shorter, so the potential loss from miscalculation is a smaller amount of playing time.
Yes, you are considerate.
Temporarily, we do not own a system worthy for investing in, and in different games with similar contents, they are always used for cheating in some ways lol, trading first for money then begging or extorting to get the item back, doing a large deal for cash using a long-term cost then break it with war declaration, loaning for noble status winning through training with tutor all the time etc.
A little suggestion, add an expected bill onto the mainscreen for reference, following loans, since rents are higher, so it's a part you have to consider frequently.
And I have an evil idea, to make players have more chance to loan, lengthen some immediate payment to a decade or even longer to a conceptionally reasonable extent, for complicating the calculation and players take more chance to make mistakes. For example, tutors are other excellent slavers, they do have their schedule, so you can't call a tutor whenever you want like a servant, you need to have an appointment ahead of time, prepay $200, then during next decade, (s)he teaches your slave once a day, or $400 with twice a day.

I was thinking along similar lines. Already in 2.2.1, we have some of the homes giving you certain rentals for free. (Included, really.) The music and art room doesn't exist, currently, so we'd have to think more about that one. What would it do, functionally? You wouldn't be able to teach those lessons without the space for the musical instruments and art supplies? Seems like you could have some instruments and art supplies without a dedicated room, but maybe we should require special supplies to train above B+ in music and painting (and dance?) at home. Need to think if school still should be allowed to train to S+.
The music and art room may not be a good idea, I intended to join the expensive instruments like piano into rental, but similar to going to school or maybe be replaced by school and tutor.

Not change it, but it might limit it. However, at the moment we are only allowing you to raise living standard by one level above the "natural" level of whichever apartment you choose. So for example, Necropolis can reach Luxurious but the "natural" level is Respectable. Purchasing better decor could be made a prerequisite to select the upper living standard.
Won't it make a burden more annoying?

How long does it take you to train an S+ slave? Felicity challenge gives you 120 days, so it's achievable within that if the slave has high enough attributes. I think achieving Legendary fame should take longer than 120 days / 12 decades. I've come up with a formula that puts it at 19 battles for a slave starting with no fame, while also having sensible alignment for early fame (D- "rumored" after 3rd arena win, C- "recognized" after arena champion battle).
I vaguely remember it took me about 60~70 days to train Fecility in version 2.0, I don't quite notice it in ver 2.2, because most time I'm reading codes, doing modifications and testing my content.

One case
But I disagree with a such-long time design, because of the feedback.
Why I can't increase my slave's rank? oh it need fame, oh I need to fight in the arena.
Why it doesn't work, I have attended one arena fight, do I need more?
Why I joined 2 arena fights, and it's still Unknown, am I misunderstanding something? Maybe I need to go to the f95zone asking some questions. "How to increase fame? I won two fights, but that doesn't work, my problem or the game's?"
Wtf! three times to D- fame? Are you kidding me? I just want to train a S+ slave for my desire, why are you stopping me so crazily?

And, everytime when I see the $100 prize for a Arena Champion, I can't help thinking, luckily it's in a game for fame, how could such a jealous host havn't starve to death but attracting so many contestants, it must be a monopoly.
Fame doesn't provide other potential profits, at least none for now.
Fame gaining speed is binded with reputation, living standard and cost for survival is binded with reputation too. So I think it's no matter awarding more money to winners so that it looks more attactive.

Change arena so it only allows multiple contestants based on guild reputation, not brand reputation. Guild reputation requires actually completing contracts. Also limit maximum number of arena battle contestants per decade to 3 (guild reputation + 1)/2 instead of current limit of 5 at A+ or higher brand/guild reputation. You'd be limited to just 1 battle per decade until B+ guild reputation, instead of being able to field 2 at C- brand reputation (which you currently reach after just a few arena wins
Too much limits on fame.
What we want to see: I can but I choose not to train a S+ slave, because it's not proper temporarily, a B+ is enough for assistant or quest.
Unwanted situation, all right I'm stuck again only because of the fxxking fame, I should have given up the S+ thought earlier, shit game waste my time.
Increasing brand reputation to S+ already takes a time which can't be called short, guild reputation even longer and it's a repetitive work of finishing contract, which is killing players' positivity slowly. After all, there's no other kinds of quest published by guild.
So I suggest not to change it simply.

Currently (2.2.1), eating S+ food can raise master strength to A+. Eating B+ or better quality food is necessary to avoid losing strength.

Food ingredients are for the master's meals, not for the slaves. They eat pet food and maybe occasional table scraps from the master if they are good slaves. The "fresh" food diet for slaves is still pet food, not what you buy from the grocery.
Get it, and no disagreement.

In 2.2.1 it's currently a maximum of 150 sparks. Overall, I'm thinking that we want the cost of living to exceed what you can earn from arena events every decade, so that you either need to sell slaves or live in the slums. Raising the cost of rentals will accomplish that.
Yes it should be like this.

On the other hand, should living in the slums without selling slaves be possible? If not, that puts a fairly low limit on arena rewards at least for the early game, as with a single arena champion and a racing champion you can reliably earn 150-300 sparks while living expenses in the slums usually will be less than 100 sparks. Maybe we need to increase the cost of living in the slums. Protection money (bribes) to local gangs to leave you alone?
A CN colloquialism is that you suffer from illness due to poverty, you already lack for money, so don't be too pushy on money, we can set other bitter experience instead, as a driving force for players to move away the slums, for example, you have higher chance to get ill when you are dirty living in the slum, you can't sleep well so you recover one less energy when you have A+ strength, no tutor is willing to come to the slum to teach your slave, you have to repay extra money to the moneylendder for medium loans living in slum(that's the really ugly face of a loan shark), and repay a little less with a higher reputation.

These can apply to other apartments to different extent, not have to be the slum, without a kitchen and a bathroom is already a defect and it's the main reason for players to rent an apartment now.

One thing we decided not to do is scale up racing rewards for consecutive wins. Because we didn't want to create a situation where switching which slave you use for races would lose you a lot of potential earnings.
Easy to solve.
Ohhhh look who's coming, master of last Grand Champion, he takes a new slave? Come here please, your highness(here should be a proper honorific), don't let those inferior rookies tarnish glorious performance of the slave of yours.
In short, skip the first several combats depending on the performance of last slave.(not best performance ever because retired champions are not as good as new crowns) If you like, you can design a fading effect with time of the best performance, but the arena fight setup itself isn't complicated, so unnecessary.

C+ requires 1 devotion and at least one mastered sex skill category for the slave.
C- needs no devotion, just enough obedience, skills and attributes. It does need some sex experience, but many young and mature slaves are generated with enough experience to qualify.
My mistake, but it's relatively easy, compared to B rank, F- to D-(0 to 1) is always easist.

I don't think we should remove the low ranked contracts entirely, but maybe a speed bonus should only be given if you are completing contracts at your guild reputation level or higher. That would make the lower contracts less valuable but not worthless.
Good idea.

I'm waiting for Pianocat's input on the barn as most of it is his design.
Oh you can look forward to mine as well, though I haven't finished a half lol.

Right. For Felicity I prefer to just train her and get rid of the spoiling "naturally." A fully skilled master has plenty of tools for dealing with a spoiled brat. In fact, I feel that Felicity isn't challenging enough. Maybe we should make her harder by adding some interesting traits...
One thing I have to say about Fecility is, it took a lot of work in the codes, but the experience in game is worse, why I get killed just because I put her the assistant just for one day, like this, I get killed immediately for a small misfollowing even without a warning.
I don't know if this problem still exists that her wearing demands is too restrictive, I haven't trained her since ver 2.2.

Last edited:

ForgottenNote

Jan 25, 2020
Can you reproduce the crash by repeatedly saving the game? Did it happen anywhere or only when you were saving in a particular part of the game? Are you low on disk space? Are you manually saving and typing a filename or using the quicksave?
Can't reproduce it. Doesn't happen consistently and obviously can't reload just before it. I'll try to keep an eye on when it next happens, if I can remember what exact actions I took after the previous save and try to replicate, but might not happen any time soon. The crash isn't that common, but has happened to me about ten times now. I think it has happened to me mostly around combat, because I always save at the start, but I seem to recall it happening at home too. I'll keep an better eye on it. Plenty of disk space, has happened both with manual and quicksave.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Can't reproduce it. Doesn't happen consistently and obviously can't reload just before it. I'll try to keep an eye on when it next happens, if I can remember what exact actions I took after the previous save and try to replicate, but might not happen any time soon. The crash isn't that common, but has happened to me about ten times now. I think it has happened to me mostly around combat, because I always save at the start, but I seem to recall it happening at home too. I'll keep an better eye on it. Plenty of disk space, has happened both with manual and quicksave.
Does audio work for you? Sometimes crashes in the past have been related to audio issues.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Since you can use if interaction = menu_xxx:
What's the value of menu_xxx in menu_item.json used for?

I remember that if it's not defined before, when running if interaction = menu_xxx:, menu_xxx will be assigned a default value 0
That may cause some problems, is it the main reason for it?

Since you can use dynamic $replace($function, 'dyn'+'slave', 'slave')
Can ..... dynslave_rate['moral'] completely replace dynamic "..... <<args[0]>>_rate['moral']"?

I'm still unsure about whether these expression will cause compile error.

Dynamic "<<$args[0]>>['xxx'] = 1" &! No matter
Dynamic "<<$args[0]>>_rate['xxx'] = 1" &! No matter
Dynamic "<<$args[<<args[1]>>]>>['xxx'] = 1" &!Error, '<<>>' can't run in another '<<>>'
Dynamic "<<$args[0]>>['<<$args[1]>>_xxx'] = 1" &! ???
Dynamic "<<$args[0]>>_rate['<<$args[1]>>_xxx'] = 1" &! ???

I fixed a bug when I replace all '<<$args[0]>>' with 'dynslave' in $function, and replace the codes at the calling area with Dynamic "
dynamic $replace($function, 'dyn'+'slave', <<$args[0]>>')
"

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Since you can use if interaction = menu_xxx:
What's the value of menu_xxx in menu_item.json used for?
menu_item.json provides the actual values for those menu_xxx variables, which need to be unique. Each key name (string) in menu_item.json is interpreted as a variable name. We could switch to strings instead, and should, as one of the reasons for large save files is sparse arrays - QSP saves every element between index 0 and the largest, even un-initialized ones, so saves are full of zeroes.

Since you can use dynamic $replace($function, 'dyn'+'slave', 'slave')
Can ..... dynslave_rate['moral'] completely replace dynamic "..... <<args[0]>>_rate['moral']"?
Yes, this can be done. I discovered the dynslave approach later in development and did not go back to refactor all of the earlier code to make it more readable. Although, in your example, you might still need the contents of $args[0] instead of dynslave, but you could pass it in through a $replace.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020

Dynamic "<<$args[<<args[1]>>]>>['xxx'] = 1" &!Error, '<<>>' can't run in another '<<>>'
Dynamic "<<$args[0]>>['<<$args[1]>>_xxx'] = 1" &! ???
Dynamic "<<$args[0]>>_rate['<<$args[1]>>_xxx'] = 1" &! ???

I fixed a bug when I replace all '<<$args[0]>>' with 'dynslave' in $function, and replace the codes at the calling area with Dynamic "
dynamic $replace($function, 'dyn'+'slave', <<$args[0]>>')
"
As long as you don't have something where you're trying to evaluate a substring inside another substring (<<abc<<def>>>>), it's usually ok.

When you do have situations where you need to do nested evaluations, sometimes you do it outside the dynamic, when constructing the string that dynamic operates on, like this:

dynamic "<<$args[" + $str(args[1]) + "]>>['xxx'] = 1"
dynamic $args[0] + "['<<$args[1]>>_xxx'] = 1"
dynamic $args[0] + "_rate['<<$args[1]>>_xxx'] = 1"

Depends when the variables get the values filled in.

I'm not understanding what bug you found, but in your $replace you are missing a ' before <<$args[0]>>, or you could just use $args[0] without the <<>>.

Last edited:

Shadesmar

Apr 19, 2021
I passed the tutorial(all 3), but there you are already given a lot of things by a skilled master

a starting guild contract for a servant and a wasted week - when trying any non-verbal punishment, she gets into a fight, loses energy and takes two days only to get out of the red star zone.

yes, you can send her to a public toilet twice, after which she agrees to the simplest actions (but she does them in such a way that she only provokes further punishments), but this is 25 sparks for treatment and it is not known how many more expenses for restoring mood - and at the beginning of the sparks and without it is not enough

I'm ready to listen to advice -
shes weakened ...give her supplements and just let her rest until the health is normal... thats what i would do. The energy u get from having a healthy slave outweighs the time invested (and u get some obedience anyway over time). Are u playing on harder difficulty, so that u need more than 2 rules? Are u beginner in this game? Maybe normal difficulty would be good for ur first run.

Im not sure, but deny toileting and public toilet could influence health if i remember correctly... i wouldnt use this on an already unhealthy slave.
i would use behave:silence rule if u need this from ur difficulty.

She seems depressed... have u given her some clothes? u should avoid driving her mood down that much. Are u aware that different punishments can cause different stacking mood debuffs? u can avoid this by giving a smaller variety of punishments... Having her depresed is never good... if nothing helps u can go get her a massage in the city to fix the mood at least somewhat.

im not sure... i forgot if u are able to brand guild slaves... but if u can u should do. Because branding makes training much easier and the slave is more obedient. Use the fire brand as punishment next time and be aware of the mood debuff from this

Last edited:

Therod

Apr 20, 2018
Does this game still use already made CGs from other eroges or have there been new original art?

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
As long as you don't have something where you're trying to evaluate a substring inside another substring (<<abc<<def>>>>), it's usually ok.

When you do have situations where you need to do nested evaluations, sometimes you do it outside the dynamic, when constructing the string that dynamic operates on, like this:

dynamic "<<$args[" + $str(args[1]) + "]>>['xxx'] = 1"
dynamic $args[0] + "['<<$args[1]>>_xxx'] = 1"
dynamic $args[0] + "_rate['<<$args[1]>>_xxx'] = 1"
Yes error always happens in nested evaluations, I tested for several times, and this one succeeded to run, is there any other forms of codes. Correct ones, more readable better.
Code:
$test_dynamic = {
    $name1 = $args[2]+'_'+$args[3]
    dynamic "$name = $<<$args[2]>>_<<$args[3]>>"
    $description1 = $args[0]+"_"+$args[1]+"["+$args[2]+"_"+$args[3]+"]"
    dynamic "$description = $<<$args[0]>>_<<$args[1]>>[$<<$args[2]>>_<<$args[3]>>]"
    msg "<<$name1>> = <<$name>> <br> <<$description1>> = <<$description>>"
}
$test_name = 'sally'
$show_description['sally'] = 'test succeeded'

dynamic $test_dynamic, 'show', 'description', 'test', 'name'

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Finally I took some time to create a new location $Rosa_interface instead of using shop_general, to play more music with different $place and display more changable $sp_text、$npc_info and $place_info.
Pics of my own mods were placed in a new folder pic\Rosa\(bg、scene、characters)
Bgms and Sound fxs were placed in Rosa_snd folder.
And Rosa_base.css, menu_icon_Rosa.json, menu_item_Rosa.json
Modifying with too many dynamics is no better than I create a new location.

But I'm still using interaction_screen_city for events.
More images I can use $special_image.
More pics with optional npc image I can use $special_action
Only need to adjust music with one dynamic function.

I don't know how you load imgs automatically without running Load_Pictures.py, but I guess it excludes pics in folders scene\items, girls\body, girls\milk, and title pics. Some them didn't even designed to change in the codes.
Several months ago I said I added many pics to girls\body, from 28 to 246.
And in the codes I did some changes as well.
For pussy imgs, they are set in the json files, so I completely changed them with a function.
I guess we should leave more space for player to modify more pics themselves. Including musics, though musics is more complex, if there are more than one musics for a place, they will change frequently. And I guess the music_lock should be changed or reset in $newloc.
Here I added several musics for my own.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes