StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Did another "zero start" with 2.2.1. Hard game difficulty, minimum everything (200$, D- strength, F- all else). Bought a 50$ slave from the market on day 1. Young, Beautiful, Feeble, Caring, Reactive, Bright, Cowardly, Open, Slender. Started with D- cow skill, D- in oral/penetration/group/demonstration, all else F-.

Snapshot on day 47:
Did you rent a house?

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Arena income was just barely enough to pay the bills (with the slave mostly on a restricted diet) and occasional $ for mood management. Spent a few days between battles with 0$.
I always regard eating canned food as some certain of cheating, because you can survive for at least a couple of days without any cost while doing intensive competitive training to increase your strength, because a low-strength situation is more likely to get fought by your slave.
To be honest, I would rather players have more starting sparks, surviving costs more, you have to pay more for food and medical care, how could canned food be much better and cheaper than simple meals?
Weapons cost more, before you can afford a two-handed weapon, you have to use a one-handed one or a side weapon for a long time, then the higher base harm give you the feeling that the two-handed weapon really worthwhile. $200 is a bit too cheap.
If you have a fiend, then brewing a potion only costs $6/bottle, cause' $10 for 5 potion ingredients. You know,
Tonic elixir, with Flamberge and Swift blow, give you the ability to kill most elite mist monsters instantly, which in return, gives you a good slave, maybe you spend over $300 in slave market and still cannot bought such a good one.
Powerful Aphrodisiac, which can turn a newly submissive slave into a horny bitch, costs only $6.
Philtre, which can break her mind and enforce her to love you from the bottom of heart, cost only $6.
Water of Lethe, which so many alcoholics and heartbreakers dream of desperately, cost only $6.
These potions, in my cognition, must be expensive or even priceless. While ingredients for two meals, cost $5 or even $10.
Some players they agree with my opinion, this game has a well tested value system, but the biggest challenge is not training a S+ slave, but to survive at the beginning of the game, goods are cheap, just because you have little money. To train a S+ slave and complete a noble quest, it's not challenging but only costing a long time. After I gain over $5000, I soon find there's nowhere to spend money on.
Try to imagine, you already have bought many tools and weapons, then in a decade, you spent on everything needed, and those things only cost around $500, in the final day, the bills came out, it said you spent $1200 on daily lives. How could they really made it? Was my money stolen?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I always regard eating canned food as some certain of cheating, because you can survive for at least a couple of days without any cost while doing intensive competitive training to increase your strength, because a low-strength situation is more likely to get fought by your slave.
It's not free, you pay 2 sparks a day for canned food. Canned food also makes it harder to raise your strength.

It's more cost efficient to start training immediately, if you can manage the slave well enough.

To be honest, I would rather players have more starting sparks, surviving costs more, you have to pay more for food and medical care, how could canned food be much better and cheaper than simple meals?
Weapons cost more, before you can afford a two-handed weapon, you have to use a one-handed one or a side weapon for a long time, then the higher base harm give you the feeling that the two-handed weapon really worthwhile. $200 is a bit too cheap.
If you have a fiend, then brewing a potion only costs $6/bottle, cause' $10 for 5 potion ingredients. You know,
Tonic elixir, with Flamberge and Swift blow, give you the ability to kill most elite mist monsters instantly, which in return, gives you a good slave, maybe you spend over $300 in slave market and still cannot bought such a good one.
Powerful Aphrodisiac, which can turn a newly submissive slave into a horny bitch, costs only $6.
Philtre, which can break her mind and enforce her to love you from the bottom of heart, cost only $6.
Water of Lethe, which so many alcoholics and heartbreakers dream of desperately, cost only $6.
These potions, in my cognition, must be expensive or even priceless. While ingredients for two meals, cost $5 or even $10.
Some players they agree with my opinion, this game has a well tested value system, but the biggest challenge is not training a S+ slave, but to survive at the beginning of the game, goods are cheap, just because you have little money. To train a S+ slave and complete a noble quest, it's not challenging but only costing a long time. After I gain over $5000, I soon find there's nowhere to spend money on.
Try to imagine, you already have bought many tools and weapons, then in a decade, you spent on everything needed, and those things only cost around $500, in the final day, the bills came out, it said you spent $1200 on daily lives. How could they really made it? Was my money stolen?
We've discussed cost rebalancing and we think that changes should be made, but the question is what changes would be best.

Raising costs of weapons would, I think, make it even more likely that you'd save up for just that one top-tier weapon and skip the rest. Maybe we should make it so that you are penalized if you use a weapon above your fighter skill level, starting fights with distracted or unsteady or something like that. This would give a reason to advance through the weapon tiers instead of jumping to the end.

Raising potion costs is a good idea, but maybe not by ingredients. The main cost currently is in the form of training an alchemist and renting a laboratory. We could add other materials requirements and maybe make the laboratory more expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: qwertyu12359

Calmarian89

Jul 22, 2017
Hi,

If I wanna add some gifs of real women to replace to Anime / pictures how would I do that?

Also is it possible to link a certain girl to certain pictures. As I am considering having Phoenix Marie as a girl. So she would show up instead of the regular anime girls. I would then like the training to only show Phoenix Marie pictures / gifs.

If possible I will of course share my work. As There are several girls I wanna add.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Hi,

If I wanna add some gifs of real women to replace to Anime / pictures how would I do that?
All images are in the content sub-folders. Replace with images with the same filename. Even if the format is GIF, the file must be named PNG because the game looks for hardcoded paths.

Also is it possible to link a certain girl to certain pictures. As I am considering having Phoenix Marie as a girl. So she would show up instead of the regular anime girls. I would then like the training to only show Phoenix Marie pictures / gifs.
At the moment it is not possible to define complete image sets. You can have a unique avatar/portrait, but the scene images will be randomized based on hair length, hair color and age. If you are a coder, look at display_pic.qsrc.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
It's not free, you pay 2 sparks a day for canned food. Canned food also makes it harder to raise your strength.

It's more cost efficient to start training immediately, if you can manage the slave well enough.
Yes, in early versions, you can train no slave, just increasing you fight skill at the beginning, then doing some save&loads patrolling along the edge(to train slaves for guild quests needs s&l as well), you can beat young fiend, get a nearly free slave, then sell her to Farid to get enough money for survival in this way.

I have some thoughts about the mist combats、mist combat profits and potions.

Although counting on mist loots seems a bit off this game's purpose, I won't prohibit players from becoming a bloody hunter, But surviving totally through this way is a point where unreasonable.

14 kinds of combats in the mist share a same random weight, from young fiend to huge fiend, even if you are well prepared for combats, you can kill young fiend easily, you still take risks because of several strongest ememies like werewolf 、4 beastmen. A second point about the mist combat where I think unreasonable.
Raising potion costs is a good idea, but maybe not by ingredients. The main cost currently is in the form of training an alchemist and renting a laboratory. We could add other materials requirements and maybe make the laboratory more expensive.
I win a combat, my loot is …… only a girl? A third point then. What I expected are meats、bones、bloods、broken weapons、worn armors etc. These can be added to potion brewing recipe.
Will doing this make brewing recipe too hard to remember? No, never would and should. It's your slave or assistant brewing potions not you, they should be tought the recipes through alchemy lesson, and they tell you to brew this one, what do you still lack.

I provide my designing thoughts about these three points.
Raising costs of weapons would, I think, make it even more likely that you'd save up for just that one top-tier weapon and skip the rest. Maybe we should make it so that you are penalized if you use a weapon above your fighter skill level, starting fights with distracted or unsteady or something like that. This would give a reason to advance through the weapon tiers instead of jumping to the end.
Firstly, about the weapon and combat starting. In the искусственный_идиот location we can see their attack and defend types are completely random.

Combats with strong enemies usually ends in 4 or 5 turns, thus it may not be worthwhile sacrificing one turn's damage in exchange for modifier+1. A stamina harm modifier is useless if the enemy defends with counterattack all the time.

That's where these three two-handed weapons Flamberge、Naginata and Greataxe have higher priority, they have the higher probability of gaining harm modifiers. Yes, they totally share both functions of a harm weapon and a secondary weapon.

The best secondary weapons are Brass Knuckles and Katana, providing the highest probability of harm modifiers for health harm and stamina harm. but they do sacrifice one turn's damage usually, so I strongly recommend, set the base harm of second weapon equal to the main weapon.

You are penalized if you use a weapon above your fighter skill level, it's a good idea to affect players' choice. harm = weapon_base_harm * modifier - armor, two-handed weapon share an average of about 10 base harm, while one-handed one share about 6~8, which is more likely to be offset by armor, especially when Ironclad have a 10 armor against crushing harm type, so if a one-handed + secondary weapon combination can't transform its modifier advantage into more damage in 2 or 3 turns when confronting low armor enemies, it's less worthwhile and should be replaced totally by those three two-handed weapons. Then no options any more, players should save money for the three too.

But I don't recommend designing a weapon proficiency system, it will increase the trial and error cost of the player when there's no chance to lose battle in mists.

Attacking and defending bonuses, they can't be obtained at the same time, players will always choose attacking ones. So Elven chainmail becomes the best armor, with dodge as your defend type.

Secondly, profits in mists combats, I won't prohibit players from becoming a bloody hunter, but it doesn't mean players should get profits through this way at the very beginning of a new save. Farid is a pfofiteer, selling slave to him won't make you rich. But we give players no choice, in the beginning players can only sell untrained slave to him, let players see what kind of person Farid is.

Then, conceptionally, guild contract privide you a free slave, where do these slaves from, yes we remind players via dialogs with Angelica or somebody else that, you may provide slaves for guild, after you gain enough guild reputation(C+ or B+ for example), provide several untrained slaves(over 3) to guild for quality inspection(at least one slave's min value above 200) with no profits, then you get a license, you can provide healthy and unpregnant untrained slave to guild for profits, it's a small business with quick turnover, like finishing C+ guild contracts. And we should set a number limit(3 slaves per decade for example), guild won't accept any slaves before current contracts are finished, to ensure players experience more contents of this game rather than hunting all days.

We can split the 14 combats into two groups, wandering near the base camp, and patrolling along the edge. The former less dangerous, but loot kinds much less and less worthy(excluding ingredients for Water of Lethe and Philtre, and weight for Powerful Aphrodisiac is lower). The latter on the contray, including all ingredients, and weights for Water of Lethe、 Philtre and Powerful Aphrodisiac are higher.

Milk license should be adjusted as well, it needs some simple inspections on milks, rather than spend $200 simply.

Other new loots in mist combats, temporarily considered non selling goods, waiting for more designing and testing.

Thirdly, potions, I'd rather say, the major cost of potions, maybe the energy cost when brewing potions. Potions should be more expensive, and brewed more bottles, consuming more energy once, instead of doing the repetitive work.
Ingredients for Balm, Tonic elixir, Bacchic nectar remains cheap and easy to get.
Those for Water of Lethe and Philtre should be quite expensive and rare.
Aphrodisiac can be more of use for men, while Powerful Aphrodisiac for women, and cannot be simply replaced by each other.

And all of these ingredients can be bought at The Rarity of Mystra, setting a limit buying number for ingredients of Water of Lethe、 Philtre and Powerful Aphrodisiac(1、5、15 every month), cause' they are really rare.

Monster Meat for Bacchic nectar, experience of crawling in mud boost your courage, fearless facing monsters. Needs your fighting skill, a sword or knife will fetch more for you.
Monster Bones Ashes for Tonic elixir, strengthen joint endurance and thus enhance your agility. Needs your strength skill, a blunt weapon will fetch more for you.
Condensed Monster Blood for Balm, monster blood stimulate your organs, blooming with stronger vitality. Needs your medic skill, a knife or whip will fetch more for you, vampire will provide more.

Male Monster Dicks for Aphrodisiac, male monster's bestiality stimulates your libido and desire to dominate. Needs your medic and fighting skill, a knife or sword will be more likely to fetch some for you, gangs will provide more.
Female Monster Vagina for Powerful Aphrodisiac, females monster's mating instincts fuel her reproductive desires. Needs your medic and fighting skill, a knife or sword will be more likely to fetch some for you, gangs with camps will provide more.

Souls for Water of Lethe, inspired by another game Amazing Cultivation Simulator, creatures leave a soul when dying, containing their emotions inside the soul, with the painful souls, Water of Lethe deprives her emotions form mind and flesh. Needs your magic skill, Lich will provide more.
Philtre, No idea lol.

That's all.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Yes, in early versions, you can train no slave, just increasing you fight skill at the beginning, then doing some save&loads patrolling along the edge(to train slaves for guild quests needs s&l as well), you can beat young fiend, get a nearly free slave, then sell her to Farid to get enough money for survival in this way.
Yes, we reduced the value of F- slaves sold to Farid because hunting to sell was too profitable. We also made the randomization of enemies at the mists persist across save/load so you have to spend time or energy to skip hard battles. Does this strategy still work for you in 2.2.1?

I have some thoughts about the mist combats、mist combat profits and potions.

Although counting on mist loots seems a bit off this game's purpose, I won't prohibit players from becoming a bloody hunter, But surviving totally through this way is a point where unreasonable.
Partially agree. I wouldn't mind if you could live on the income from being a hunter once you have a skilled and equipped master, but it should not be viable at the beginning of the game.

14 kinds of combats in the mist share a same random weight, from young fiend to huge fiend, even if you are well prepared for combats, you can kill young fiend easily, you still take risks because of several strongest ememies like werewolf 、4 beastmen. A second point about the mist combat where I think unreasonable.

I win a combat, my loot is …… only a girl? A third point then. What I expected are meats、bones、bloods、broken weapons、worn armors etc. These can be added to potion brewing recipe.
Will doing this make brewing recipe too hard to remember? No, never would and should. It's your slave or assistant brewing potions not you, they should be tought the recipes through alchemy lesson, and they tell you to brew this one, what do you still lack.
Adding more "loot" from the battles as potion ingredients is not an idea that I like. It's a large departure from the original game design and would add clutter to an already crowded inventory.

I provide my designing thoughts about these three points.

Firstly, about the weapon and combat starting. In the искусственный_идиот location we can see their attack and defend types are completely random.
Yes, if enemies used combat moves strategically instead of randomly, it would be much harder. They are mostly limited to two moves so they have a better chance of being effective, and also to reward the player for paying attention and choosing the "safe" third defense type.

Combats with strong enemies usually ends in 4 or 5 turns, thus it may not be worthwhile sacrificing one turn's damage in exchange for modifier+1. A stamina harm modifier is useless if the enemy defends with counterattack all the time.
A harm modifier gives 2x damage regardless of what defense type the enemy uses. 2x is better than 1x, so not useless.

If the enemy uses a defense type vulnerable to your attack type, that's an additional 2x.

That's where these three two-handed weapons Flamberge、Naginata and Greataxe have higher priority, they have the higher probability of gaining harm modifiers. Yes, they totally share both functions of a harm weapon and a secondary weapon.

The best secondary weapons are Brass Knuckles and Katana, providing the highest probability of harm modifiers for health harm and stamina harm. but they do sacrifice one turn's damage usually, so I strongly recommend, set the base harm of second weapon equal to the main weapon.
There are no "health harm" and "stamina harm" modifiers. There are "red damage" modifiers and "green damage" modifiers. The type of damage depends only on the weapon type, not the attack color. All attack colors with the same weapon do the same amount of base damage.

You are penalized if you use a weapon above your fighter skill level, it's a good idea to affect players' choice. harm = weapon_base_harm * modifier - armor, two-handed weapon share an average of about 10 base harm, while one-handed one share about 6~8, which is more likely to be offset by armor, especially when Ironclad have a 10 armor against crushing harm type, so if a one-handed + secondary weapon combination can't transform its modifier advantage into more damage in 2 or 3 turns when confronting low armor enemies, it's less worthwhile and should be replaced totally by those three two-handed weapons. Then no options any more, players should save money for the three too.

But I don't recommend designing a weapon proficiency system, it will increase the trial and error cost of the player when there's no chance to lose battle in mists.
Something to think about.

Attacking and defending bonuses, they can't be obtained at the same time, players will always choose attacking ones. So Elven chainmail becomes the best armor, with dodge as your defend type.
Huh? You can have both attacking and definding bonuses at the same time. Effects last multiple turns. Specials and potions apply multiple effects at once. Stacking defense bonuses before stacking attack bonuses gives you more rounds before you need to use healing balm. Elven chainmail is not the best armor. The best armor is the most expensive one.

Secondly, profits in mists combats, I won't prohibit players from becoming a bloody hunter, but it doesn't mean players should get profits through this way at the very beginning of a new save. Farid is a pfofiteer, selling slave to him won't make you rich. But we give players no choice, in the beginning players can only sell untrained slave to him, let players see what kind of person Farid is.

Then, conceptionally, guild contract privide you a free slave, where do these slaves from, yes we remind players via dialogs with Angelica or somebody else that, you may provide slaves for guild, after you gain enough guild reputation(C+ or B+ for example), provide several untrained slaves(over 3) to guild for quality inspection(at least one slave's min value above 200) with no profits, then you get a license, you can provide healthy and unpregnant untrained slave to guild for profits, it's a small business with quick turnover, like finishing C+ guild contracts. And we should set a number limit(3 slaves per decade for example), guild won't accept any slaves before current contracts are finished, to ensure players experience more contents of this game rather than hunting all days.
Guild already has a subpurchaser willing to buy slaves that aren't fully trained. It's rarely used because players usually do not feel time pressure and need to sell before done training, unless they are low on sparks at the end of a decade or when a loan is expiring.

Fundamentally, to increase game difficulty, we want players to be poor more often, so they have to make suboptimal decisions due to time pressure. One idea for this is to introduce unplanned random expenses. Maybe you are out walking and a random event happens to injure your slave - or you. Maybe your stasis chamber in the kitchen runs out of energy because your assistant forgot to recharge it, and your food and alchemy ingredients spoiled. Maybe a rival slaver spreads bad rumors about you and lowers your reputation. Etc.

We can split the 14 combats into two groups, wandering near the base camp, and patrolling along the edge. The former less dangerous, but loot kinds much less and less worthy(excluding ingredients for Water of Lethe and Philtre, and weight for Powerful Aphrodisiac is lower). The latter on the contray, including all ingredients, and weights for Water of Lethe、 Philtre and Powerful Aphrodisiac are higher.
The nature of the fogs is that any enemy can come from anywhere. You're imagining that the soldiers at the base camp would be dealing with the more dangerous ones but letter the weaker ones through, but isn't it more likely that the soldiers would kill all the weak ones and only the strong ones would make it past them? So really you have it reversed, if we let you patrol near the base camp, it would be an increased chance of hard encounters, while the other patrol would be totally random. There's no explanation for only getting "easier" encounters.

Milk license should be adjusted as well, it needs some simple inspections on milks, rather than spend $200 simply.
Lots of feedback about cows recently. Pianocat, FYI (scroll back a few pages too).

Thirdly, potions, I'd rather say, the major cost of potions, maybe the energy cost when brewing potions. Potions should be more expensive, and brewed more bottles, consuming more energy once, instead of doing the repetitive work.
Ingredients for Balm, Tonic elixir, Bacchic nectar remains cheap and easy to get.
Those for Water of Lethe and Philtre should be quite expensive and rare.
Aphrodisiac can be more of use for men, while Powerful Aphrodisiac for women, and cannot be simply replaced by each other.

And all of these ingredients can be bought at The Rarity of Mystra, setting a limit buying number for ingredients of Water of Lethe、 Philtre and Powerful Aphrodisiac(1、5、15 every month), cause' they are really rare.
5 Philtres a month. Do you use that many?

Unless a slave is extremely close to mindbreak with high despair, I'm usually able to manage without Lethe water. What do you use it for?

Balm, tonic and bacchic are the most valuable from the perspective of enabling daily (or multiple-per-day) winning of trophy slaves from the mists. So keeping these potions cheap defeats any intention of limiting that source of income.

testing101hi

Sep 3, 2020
Is the v2.2.1 updated now more upto date than the Dev version? My dev version was downloaded last month in middle of january

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Is the v2.2.1 updated now more upto date than the Dev version? My dev version was downloaded last month in middle of january
Yes, 2.2.1 was just released with a few final fixes. Dev version (-ia code branch) is now 2.2.2 but has no changes from release version of 2.2.1 other than the number (so far).

Aug 13, 2017
first I apologize for my english, it is weak

I played this game for a very long time (even before the introduction of all this alchemy). What is the current tactics for the education of slaves?
On the floor / a couple of days without food - the slave does not regenerate stamina -> it is impossible to assign a task- -> obedience does not grow -> we waste time

earlier, slaves had actions (like the same gymnastics) that were performed even with rather low obedience without any problems and you could start creating positive feedback to your orders

Now they either don’t do anything with me at all (until you start beating them, then they break down and limply do what they said, but it’s too difficult to raise the will back - and even after raising the will, the slave again refuses to follow orders)

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Yes, we reduced the value of F- slaves sold to Farid because hunting to sell was too profitable. We also made the randomization of enemies at the mists persist across save/load so you have to spend time or energy to skip hard battles. Does this strategy still work for you in 2.2.1?
No, it doesn't since 2.2, one of my friends tried.

Adding more "loot" from the battles as potion ingredients is not an idea that I like. It's a large departure from the original game design and would add clutter to an already crowded inventory.
Up to you, I provided a proposal for making more association between mist combats and daily lives, and making the benefits from combats not so explicit in short game experience.

Yes, if enemies used combat moves strategically instead of randomly, it would be much harder. They are mostly limited to two moves so they have a better chance of being effective, and also to reward the player for paying attention and choosing the "safe" third defense type.
Agreed, but after finding the "safe" defense type of every kinds, it is hard for players to remembers so clearly, it will be better if we can provide some ways to note their features down for players, by defeating the same enemy for several times, for example, the trophy room. When players pick up this game again several days or months later, they can still read them for tips.

A harm modifier gives 2x damage regardless of what defense type the enemy uses. 2x is better than 1x, so not useless.
If the enemy uses a defense type vulnerable to your attack type, that's an additional 2x.
There are no "health harm" and "stamina harm" modifiers. There are "red damage" modifiers and "green damage" modifiers. The type of damage depends only on the weapon type, not the attack color. All attack colors with the same weapon do the same amount of base damage.
Sorry I didn't make myself understood well, I'm just expressing to deal more damage by the same kind of color.
See table below, one-handed combination is Bastard Sword with a secondary weapon Brass Knuckles, base average 8 harm, two handed is base average 10 harm ,let's ignore the random base harm value. In the first turn, one-handed deals modifier +1 for green attacking, in the rest turns dealing no more modifiers, while two-handed weapon deals no modifiers all the time.
Values in the table shows your expectating harm to the enemy.
enemy armor,
base harm modifier
One-handed damage
2 turns average expectation
Two-handed damage
One-handed damage
3 turns average expectation
Two-handed damage
0 armor, 0 modifier10.6713.3314.2213.33
0 armor, 1 modifier18.6726.6724.8826.67
2 armor, 0 modifier9.6711.3312.8911.33
2 armor, 1 modifier17.6724.6723.5624.67
4 armor, 0 modifier8.679.3311.569.33
4 armor, 1 modifier16.6722.6722.2222.67
4 armor, 2 modifier16.6742.6722.2242.67
Taking most enemies having armor into consideration, one-handed weapon completely lose when there's only 2 turns, but within 3 turns they are barely equalling, never mention base harm of one-handed weapon is 6~8 not always 8, and during the 3 turns, two handed weapon can get more harm modifiers in expectation. While difficult combats always ends in 4~5 turns.

Then, the armor, Elven chainmail starts with a 3-turn agility, while the Gothic Plate starts with a 5-turn stiffness.
The offset of Elven chainmail to three kinds of harm type is 4,4,1, average 3, the Gothic Plate is (5+5+7)/3, about 6.
Considering we use one armor to combat with all enemies, so we use the average value for calculation. You use dodge as your defense type when wearing Elven chainmail.
Values in the table shows the expectating damage you take from the enemy.
Enemy base damageElven chainmail
0 enemy harm modifier
Gothic Plate
0 enemy harm modifier
Elven chainmail
1 enemy harm modifier
Gothic Plate
1 enemy harm modifier
10(2/3)*(10-3)+(1/3*2/2)*(10-3)
=7
(2/3)*(10-6)+(1/3)*(20-6)
=7.33
(2/3)*(20-3)+(1/3*2/2)*(20-3)
=17
(2/3)*(20-6)+(1/3)*(40-6)
=20.67
20(2/3)*(20-3)+(1/3*2/2)*(20-3)
=17
=20.67
(2/3)*(40-3)+(1/3*2/2)*(40-3)
=37
(2/3)*(40-6)+(1/3)*(80-6)
=47.33
That's why I said Elven chainmail is the best armor. Besides, the stiffness Gothic Plate may decrease you harm to the enemy. If enemies' damage is no more than 10, they are not threatening and it's no matter which armor you choose.

The pawn enemies used to be threatening with a high probability to dodge your attack in early versions, but no longer be now.

Huh? You can have both attacking and definding bonuses at the same time. Effects last multiple turns. Specials and potions apply multiple effects at once. Stacking defense bonuses before stacking attack bonuses gives you more rounds before you need to use healing balm. Elven chainmail is not the best armor. The best armor is the most expensive one.
I didn't made myself understood, you can gain only one buff in one action, unless you drink potion or use the Super attack. So, you can only select one buff, which one will you choose, a harm one, or a defense one?
Only when you can increase your armor value to enough high so that you can block almost the whole damage will you choose a defense one. But clearly we can't, even кольчуга blocks only 12.

Guild already has a subpurchaser willing to buy slaves that aren't fully trained. It's rarely used because players usually do not feel time pressure and need to sell before done training, unless they are low on sparks at the end of a decade or when a loan is expiring.

Fundamentally, to increase game difficulty, we want players to be poor more often, so they have to make suboptimal decisions due to time pressure. One idea for this is to introduce unplanned random expenses. Maybe you are out walking and a random event happens to injure your slave - or you. Maybe your stasis chamber in the kitchen runs out of energy because your assistant forgot to recharge it, and your food and alchemy ingredients spoiled. Maybe a rival slaver spreads bad rumors about you and lowers your reputation. Etc.
Oh I forgot him completely, I don't mind providing more ways for players to earn money. As long as you set more ways to consume their money, however goods in this game are quite cheap, I said before.

I agree with that we should let players be poor more often, but players gain pleasure of accomplishments from getting better, being powerful、being rich etc. In an interview with Civilization V game creators they do say, rebirth from ashes makes players very proud and excited, but only rare players are willing to do that, when they are destroyed by another civilization, the choose to restart usually.

We admire those players who are willing to challenge themselves, or rebuild your home from ruins after a disaster or war, we can take the loss, but we shouldn't ask all players to do that. Accidents, only in a reasonable way and can be expected, will be accepted by players.

In a game, players are more willing to do some investment with your money, rather than saving up for a potential great loss. In most games with such a system, Banished, City Skyliness, Civilization V, Amazing Cultivation Simulator, Don't Starve Together, you see players restart or load former saves when encountering a fatal loss, or they choose to shut down the disaster system at the beginning.

In this game, I said to some players that if your assistant is addicted to drugs, she may steal your drug if you don't provide with her, then instantly, several players chose never to take drugs again. That's it. But it's reasonable lol, I'm not criticizing it.

The nature of the fogs is that any enemy can come from anywhere. You're imagining that the soldiers at the base camp would be dealing with the more dangerous ones but letter the weaker ones through, but isn't it more likely that the soldiers would kill all the weak ones and only the strong ones would make it past them? So really you have it reversed, if we let you patrol near the base camp, it would be an increased chance of hard encounters, while the other patrol would be totally random. There's no explanation for only getting "easier" encounters.
Yes you are right, but I still insist on giving players a chance to choose, instead of mixing monsters together and encounter them randomly, spliting them into different groups is a way, patrolling along the edge and then you see 1~3 enemies in total, choose one among them, it may be fine as well.
If you decide to do something about the combats, you can make it more optional for players, since it is a lottery, we naturally want to reduce the distractions in the prize pool in some ways.

5 Philtres a month. Do you use that many?

Unless a slave is extremely close to mindbreak with high despair, I'm usually able to manage without Lethe water. What do you use it for?

Balm, tonic and bacchic are the most valuable from the perspective of enabling daily (or multiple-per-day) winning of trophy slaves from the mists. So keeping these potions cheap defeats any intention of limiting that source of income.
No, it's just about implying players they are rare in more ways, to let them feel it natural for an expensive price. I don't intend to limit the amount. But if you are willing to, it's fine as well, it's just the difference between expensive and almost priceless.

Balm, tonic and bacchic, in my intention, they're not that effective and irreplaceable if you only drink one bottle, usually you need to drink two bottles or more to get what you want. Clearly their prices shouldn't be increased by too much.
After all, if you want to train a low ranked slave for quest or contract quickly, smelling the meth will be much better for extra energy. If you want to recover from wounds, drinking Balm is only a little cheaper than visiting the medical center.
If their prices are increased by to much, they are immediately less useful. So I'm not sure if it's proper to do any changing. Leave them to the last to adjust.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
first I apologize for my english, it is weak

I played this game for a very long time (even before the introduction of all this alchemy). What is the current tactics for the education of slaves?
On the floor / a couple of days without food - the slave does not regenerate stamina -> it is impossible to assign a task- -> obedience does not grow -> we waste time

earlier, slaves had actions (like the same gymnastics) that were performed even with rather low obedience without any problems and you could start creating positive feedback to your orders

Now they either don’t do anything with me at all (until you start beating them, then they break down and limply do what they said, but it’s too difficult to raise the will back - and even after raising the will, the slave again refuses to follow orders)
Have you successfully completed the tutorial in 2.2.1? It is worth revisiting.

Optimal tactics depend on the attributes (including mood) and traits of the slave and the skills of the master. Clothes also make a difference, though optional (at least something to not be naked, and a collar, are almost always a good idea).

The tutorial lecture texts and in-game hints are updated and if you read and follow them carefully it should lead to success.

As the tutorial lectures explain, obedience depends on multiple factors.

The willingness of a slave to perform an action also depends on multiple factors.

As an example, high pride makes a slave less willing to be a maid. Low endurance makes a slave less willing to do athletics. Low intellect makes a slave less willing to do secretary work. Etc.

So you can try different subjects to see which they will accept, with some guesses about what might be an easier task for them.

If you guess wrong, punish appropriately. Pay attention to the reaction texts. If it says the punishment was not effective, it was not effective

Once the slave is no longer refusing the action but instead is doing it poorly, you are now trying to improve her motivation (diligence), not her obedience. For motivation, and to avoid despair, mood is very important. Appropriate clothing for the task also helps a lot. The “obedience difficulty” setting also affects diligence.

If you want more specific advice, post screenshots of slave rules screen and master diary so we can see what you are working with.

yasyasyosino

Apr 15, 2021
Is it just me or does the cow mechanic not work with this new patch? It says I milked 10 bottles but the milk counter is at 0 and I can't sell any to the milk cooperative.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
No, it doesn't since 2.2, one of my friends tried.
OK.

Up to you, I provided a proposal for making more association between mist combats and daily lives, and making the benefits from combats not so explicit in short game experience.
Keep the ideas coming.

Agreed, but after finding the "safe" defense type of every kinds, it is hard for players to remembers so clearly, it will be better if we can provide some ways to note their features down for players, by defeating the same enemy for several times, for example, the trophy room. When players pick up this game again several days or months later, they can still read them for tips.
If you don't get it wrong, you take extra damage for one round, then switch. Usually not a fatal error. If your margin is that small, you need more preparation. Which is good, because we want hunting in the mists to be more of a late game activity.

Sorry I didn't make myself understood well, I'm just expressing to deal more damage by the same kind of color.
See table below, one-handed combination is Bastard Sword with a secondary weapon Brass Knuckles, base average 8 harm, two handed is base average 10 harm ,let's ignore the random base harm value. In the first turn, one-handed deals modifier +1 for green attacking, in the rest turns dealing no more modifiers, while two-handed weapon deals no modifiers all the time.
Values in the table shows your expectating harm to the enemy.
enemy armor,
base harm modifier
One-handed damage
Two-handed damage
One-handed damage
Two-handed damage
0 armor, 0 modifier10.6713.3314.2213.33
0 armor, 1 modifier18.6726.6724.8826.67
2 armor, 0 modifier9.6711.3312.8911.33
2 armor, 1 modifier17.6724.6723.5624.67
4 armor, 0 modifier8.679.3311.569.33
4 armor, 1 modifier16.6722.6722.2222.67
4 armor, 2 modifier16.6742.6722.2242.67
Taking most enemies having armor into consideration, one-handed weapon completely lose when there's only 2 turns, but within 3 turns they are barely equalling, never mention base harm of one-handed weapon is 6~8 not always 8, and during the 3 turns, two handed weapon can get more harm modifiers in expectation. While difficult combats always ends in 4~5 turns.
Which two-handed weapon are you comparing here?

Then, the armor, Elven chainmail starts with a 3-turn agility, while the Gothic Plate starts with a 5-turn stiffness.
The offset of Elven chainmail to three kinds of harm type is 4,4,1, average 3, the Gothic Plate is (5+5+7)/3, about 6.
Considering we use one armor to combat with all enemies, so we use the average value for calculation. You use dodge as your defense type when wearing Elven chainmail.
Values in the table shows the expectating damage you take from the enemy.
Enemy base damageElven chainmail
0 enemy harm modifier
Gothic Plate
0 enemy harm modifier
Elven chainmail
1 enemy harm modifier
Gothic Plate
1 enemy harm modifier
10(2/3)*(10-3)+(1/3*2/2)*(10-3)
=7
(2/3)*(10-6)+(1/3)*(20-6)
=7.33
(2/3)*(20-3)+(1/3*2/2)*(20-3)
=17
=20.67
20(2/3)*(20-3)+(1/3*2/2)*(20-3)
=17
=20.67
(2/3)*(40-3)+(1/3*2/2)*(40-3)
=37
(2/3)*(40-6)+(1/3)*(80-6)
=47.33
That's why I said Elven chainmail is the best armor. Besides, the stiffness Gothic Plate may decrease you harm to the enemy. If enemies' damage is no more than 10, they are not threatening and it's no matter which armor you choose.
Higher armor value results in more damage taken? I'm not clear why you've doubled the base damage value in the gothic formulas vs. the elven formulas? Same-color pairs highlighted in the table above.

Stiffness can be removed with Defend action - sacrificing one turn.

The pawn enemies used to be threatening with a high probability to dodge your attack in early versions, but no longer be now.
I don't remember it working differently. Pawns still dodge any damage that isn't multiplied and die if they are hit with at least a 2x multiplier.

I didn't made myself understood, you can gain only one buff in one action, unless you drink potion or use the Super attack. So, you can only select one buff, which one will you choose, a harm one, or a defense one?
Only when you can increase your armor value to enough high so that you can block almost the whole damage will you choose a defense one. But clearly we can't, even кольчуга blocks only 12.
It depends on the situation. When you're facing multiple enemies, defense is more valuable. When you're facing a strong enemy, defense is more valuable. Even partial defense is helpful because you can survive more rounds of combat before using healing balm. Your health level at the end of combat also affects how injured you are.

Oh I forgot him completely, I don't mind providing more ways for players to earn money. As long as you set more ways to consume their money, however goods in this game are quite cheap, I said before.
Yes, we should increase some prices. Which ones and how much, is the question.

I agree with that we should let players be poor more often, but players gain pleasure of accomplishments from getting better, being powerful、being rich etc. In an interview with Civilization V game creators they do say, rebirth from ashes makes players very proud and excited, but only rare players are willing to do that, when they are destroyed by another civilization, the choose to restart usually.

We admire those players who are willing to challenge themselves, or rebuild your home from ruins after a disaster or war, we can take the loss, but we shouldn't ask all players to do that. Accidents, only in a reasonable way and can be expected, will be accepted by players.

In a game, players are more willing to do some investment with your money, rather than saving up for a potential great loss. In most games with such a system, Banished, City Skyliness, Civilization V, Amazing Cultivation Simulator, Don't Starve Together, you see players restart or load former saves when encountering a fatal loss, or they choose to shut down the disaster system at the beginning.

In this game, I said to some players that if your assistant is addicted to drugs, she may steal your drug if you don't provide with her, then instantly, several players chose never to take drugs again. That's it. But it's reasonable lol, I'm not criticizing it.
Good points.

With predictable costs, if we want to keep players poor, we need to make the more expensive things necessary not only for progression but also for survival.

Some ideas:

1. Make the loan repayment period for larger loans shorter, so there is more time pressure and taking a larger loan is less attractive.

2. Increase rental cost for apartments in more prestigious districts. This could be done in part by enforcing a higher minimum "standard of living" for each apartment. We currently enforce maximums but not minimums, so you can live (comparatively) cheaply in expensive districts without significant downside.

3. Lower master personality and reputation attributes towards level of standard of living if higher. (S+ Leader becomes C- Loser over time if living in squalor.) Giving an incentive to improve and maintain higher quality living conditions and spend more.

4. Limit standard of living based on quality of home decor. Making home upgrades necessary instead of optional.

5. Change arena so it only allows multiple contestants based on guild reputation, not brand reputation. Guild reputation requires actually completing contracts. Also limit maximum number of arena battle contestants per decade to 3 (guild reputation + 1)/2 instead of current limit of 5 at A+ or higher brand/guild reputation. You'd be limited to just 1 battle per decade until B+ guild reputation, instead of being able to field 2 at C- brand reputation (which you currently reach after just a few arena wins).

6. Increase cost of some of the extended rentals (laboratory [rent it when you need it, instead of all the time], boudoir [ditto], fiend pen [cost goes up as fiend grows]).

7. Increase cost of buying cooking ingredients, which are a luxury.

8. Implement durability system for weapons and armor, requiring periodic maintenance at armory. Further cutting profitability of mist hunting without training, but with the costs deferred.

9. Lower the reward amount for winning races.

10. Reduce amount of income that can be made from lower ranked slaves (D-, D+, C-, C+).

11. Reduce rate of reputation gain from arena for slaves. Currently a slave can go from Unknown to Legendary in 8 decades of arena battles. This is unrealistic and increases their value excessively.

12. Adjust barn profitability (if needed).

Arena, mist hunting and barn are sources of income that are independent of slave training. As a design goal, with an optimal setup, it should be possible to live in White Town indefinitely without selling any slaves, just by living on these sources of income. But it shouldn't be a large margin. This also assumes that the White Town apartment has been bought, not rented.

Yes you are right, but I still insist on giving players a chance to choose, instead of mixing monsters together and encounter them randomly, spliting them into different groups is a way, patrolling along the edge and then you see 1~3 enemies in total, choose one among them, it may be fine as well.
If you decide to do something about the combats, you can make it more optional for players, since it is a lottery, we naturally want to reduce the distractions in the prize pool in some ways.
You already are given a choice. Each time you patrol, it tells you what the battle will be. You can then choose to withdraw, and try again. There is an energy cost when you patrol, regardless of whether you engage, so you have a limited number of tries per day. Seems fair to me.

No, it's just about implying players they are rare in more ways, to let them feel it natural for an expensive price. I don't intend to limit the amount. But if you are willing to, it's fine as well, it's just the difference between expensive and almost priceless.
I thought you wanted to limit the amount. My mistake. Still, I would like to know how you use Lethe potions.

Balm, tonic and bacchic, in my intention, they're not that effective and irreplaceable if you only drink one bottle, usually you need to drink two bottles or more to get what you want. Clearly their prices shouldn't be increased by too much.
After all, if you want to train a low ranked slave for quest or contract quickly, smelling the meth will be much better for extra energy. If you want to recover from wounds, drinking Balm is only a little cheaper than visiting the medical center.
If their prices are increased by to much, they are immediately less useful. So I'm not sure if it's proper to do any changing. Leave them to the last to adjust.
I agree.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes