qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Strange...is there some scary stuff in this game? Of the non sexual kind of course :)
Kind of! No jumpscares or anything but some portions of the game can be daunting. It's quite unapologetic, for exemple a few people left a bad review solely because they couldn't stomach the cannibalism. But it's one of the strength of the original game to put you in a dark mood, which got reinforced with years of modding (more modernized background and soundtrack to fit this atmosphere)

And incest? Is the slaver Player character related to some slave girl? Or is the incest between slaves only (sisters?)?
Incest content is quite sparse but it is there. First, you can access it between slaves at the brothel. Second, at the end of the game if you've picked Johny (or his appearance in custom start), there's an extra slave called Julia, which has a family relationship with you. (y)

Slaylife

Aug 21, 2016
Kind of! No jumpscares or anything but some portions of the game can be daunting. It's quite unapologetic, for exemple a few people left a bad review solely because they couldn't stomach the cannibalism. But it's one of the strength of the original game to put you in a dark mood, which got reinforced with years of modding (more modernized background and soundtrack to fit this atmosphere)

Incest content is quite sparse but it is there. First, you can access it between slaves at the brothel. Second, at the end of the game if you've picked Johny (or his appearance in custom start), there's an extra slave called Julia, which has a family relationship with you. (y)
Interesting, I wouldn't mind some more incest content but more story focused than actual sex.

Also perhaps this question might be stupid but...is there any chance of being a non jerk slaver and have some romance? Perhaps with some unique NPCs.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I think something like virtualbox would be so much easier than moving your save over into another OS.
...Or Wine. Hell of a lot less work to manage than VBox, plus you get the whole native theme of the DE going on.
Wrap that stuff up in spoilers if you're going to do that many, that large. Generally considered polite. Eases scrolling/finding data. :)

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
New Progress, I found the patricians in gentlemans club share no difference with ordinary residents, so thanks to Shadesmar.
I decided to make it more useful and necessary.
After the relationship between Rosa and you became closer, she will request you to find a safer and better-for-research&business place to live in.
So you can go further with her, force her to become your slave, brand on her, and take advantage of her.
You first go to slaver's guild for some information, then told to seek more in the gentlemans's club, with help of sir shelly, you do the patricians favor, then buy a remote manor beyond the city at a low cost, even nobles don't have claims outside the city, so a desolate manor is of least use for them, but a good choice for Rosa, nearest town beside the manor is Quarter of the Bull.
Yes, after you take her away, you can visit her through Quarter of the Bull later. Then more contents is open to you gradually.
View attachment 1633243
View attachment 1633247
View attachment 1633249
View attachment 1633251
View attachment 1633252
View attachment 1633253
View attachment 1633254
View attachment 1633277
View attachment 1633278
View attachment 1633279
View attachment 1633280
View attachment 1633281
View attachment 1633282
View attachment 1633283
Most the the menus are locked, before you finish this quest, and it can't be given up.
You can see more expression of her, in fact, they are different npcs, with the same info.
View attachment 1633284
View attachment 1633288
View attachment 1633289
I don't know if I already mentioned it to you, but while all of this looks very neat, there's a problem: censoring.

We fought a lot to get censored images out of the game entirely back in 2.0. Therefore censored content won't get back in the official version. So it would be nice (for the game's sake) if you could get rid of censored pictures and replaced them with uncensored ones. If you can't do anything about it based on the content you have planned for the game, that will by default make your version considered a separate and autonomous branch. Though there is nothing wrong with that, if possible, joining efforts would be nice (y)

Crono141

Aug 19, 2021
...Or Wine. Hell of a lot less work to manage than VBox, plus you get the whole native theme of the DE going on.
I'm using WINE/Proton presently. Only downsides are no music/sound, and the associated interface lag from the engine looking for the audio. And, when played over steam remote play, the cursor doesn't switch styles from pointer to hand, making clicks miss their apparent target. But the latter is a steam problem. I also already have a VM set up, but that extra layer of abstraction and resources makes remote play impossible.

With the new release, would the linux version need a new release also? Or is it just a linux executable which is using the standard assets? EDIT: It appears to run, but I haven't put in any time to see if there are game breaking bugs or not.

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I'm using WINE/Proton presently. Only downsides are no music/sound, and the associated interface lag from the engine looking for the audio. And, when played over steam remote play, the cursor doesn't switch styles from pointer to hand, making clicks miss their apparent target. But the latter is a steam problem. I also already have a VM set up, but that extra layer of abstraction and resources makes remote play impossible.

With the new release, would the linux version need a new release also? Or is it just a linux executable which is using the standard assets? EDIT: It appears to run, but I haven't put in any time to see if there are game breaking bugs or not.
Double-check the menu for sound and remember to *also* enable in game, then navigate a screen. Case-insensitive host filesystem may be necessary (can't recall) if using Wine. Qsp updates should never need a new Linux build unless another API is added (odds are this won't happen), but I can always build if necessary. I think I gave one of the devs the src anyway. The Linux build should work fine, out of box, regardless of case (I built a small path brute-forcing routine into a hooked 'fetch file/url' function). See console to see it cache into a dictionary, if curious ("Attempting to map...").

qwertyu12359 I just noticed the initial post stating "Linux port to v2.2" but in actuality it will work on any version so long as FastQsp isn't extended, API-wise. (If all you're changing is game stuff and not engine stuff, it will work.)

Last edited:

Crono141

Aug 19, 2021
Case-insensitive host filesystem may be necessary (can't recall) if using Wine
How would someone enable/check this? Because I've been using wine/proton and tried a number of tricks to get audio to work with this title, and nothing seems to work. I don't know how to configure wine/proton for case-insensitive fs. To be clear, I don't expect you to educate me, but a point in the right direction would be helpful. Thanks.

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
On windows (or other case insensitive filesystems): aAaA.ext and aaaa.ext point to the same file.
On linux (if using case sensitive filesystem) they can be two different files, meaning that if the code says: "run file abc.wav", but the actual file is "Abc.wav", on windows the file will play, but on linux it will say "file does not exist".

has some tips like "Using a case-insensitive for just the Wine folder".

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
I don't know if I already mentioned it to you, but while all of this looks very neat, there's a problem: censoring.

We fought a lot to get censored images out of the game entirely back in 2.0. Therefore censored content won't get back in the official version. So it would be nice (for the game's sake) if you could get rid of censored pictures and replaced them with uncensored ones. If you can't do anything about it based on the content you have planned for the game, that will by default make your version considered a separate and autonomous branch. Though there is nothing wrong with that, if possible, joining efforts would be nice (y)
To change some contents is easy to do, but the original image set is a censored one, so, adjustment in the plan is needed, which means I need to remove all sex scenes with Rosa, that may not be a bad idea, this game itself has a relatively complete and rich sex training contents, so I can pick up one of the shelved ideas, turn Rosa into your slave or assistant like Isabella after you satisfy some certain conditions, and then it's time to do anything you want on her. And of course, you can send her back, but something needed to prevent players from switching too easily to enjoy both benefits from Rosa as an assistant and npc.
But different from Isabella, I don't want players sell her simply for money or other quests, while I won't restrict them to doing such either. Player will choose wisely as long as she can be more beneficial.
You take prices that Rosa's benefits partly stop running(not completely because of assistants you provided with her), from turning her into your assistant, but gain unique benifits from an assistant Rosa, for example, she gain a great bonus in teaching slave magic, she can avoid your slave from commiting suicide or escaping, she can brew potions at no energy cost, she can replace you in casting spells and even able to cast more brand new ones which you can't.
Any ideas about it?

Last edited:

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Stable v2.2.1 released :lepew:

What started as a hotfix version ended up in something with a huge changelog :KappaPride: But we are happy of how it turned out, and it will be the best basis possible for a potential 2.3 with new features.

So v2.2.1 adds lots of new pictures, threesome visual content, it make lesbian scenes detect both slave and assistant appearances, there are now realistic prices for buying an apartment, it rebalances training and fighting a bit, and most of all a ton of bugfixes.

All the previous mods have been added to the wiki.

The moderators should soon add a few mirrors and make the thread appear in the Latest Updates section of the site (y)
Great work! Let me check the changelog first to see if there's anything more compatible with my contents.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
How would someone enable/check this? Because I've been using wine/proton and tried a number of tricks to get audio to work with this title, and nothing seems to work. I don't know how to configure wine/proton for case-insensitive fs. To be clear, I don't expect you to educate me, but a point in the right direction would be helpful. Thanks.
You don't need to use Wine, you can use the Linux build. Wine with audio on Qsp requires the Windows Media Foundation garbage because of the way it was built by the original FastQsp developer.
On windows (or other case insensitive filesystems): aAaA.ext and aaaa.ext point to the same file.
On linux (if using case sensitive filesystem) they can be two different files, meaning that if the code says: "run file abc.wav", but the actual file is "Abc.wav", on windows the file will play, but on linux it will say "file does not exist".

With the Linux build I wrote a small routine to mitm the requests to files, and it uses a dictionary cache to keep performance up, handles it all regardless of case (splits uri into paths, each is converted to lower, dirs are checked for 'lowered or first match lowered', etc). Also fixed path escaping for Linux, too. Also raises *limits, since Linux is retarded and wants to protect users from themselves...getting a bit like M$. -_-

Typical shell output example of the path-finding function working for the Linux build:
Code:
rlimit min/max = 524288 / 524288
qt5ct: using qt5ct plugin
success
qt5ct: D-Bus system tray: yes
qt5ct: D-Bus global menu: no
LocalRequestsProxy::mapCSPath "content/pic/achtung.png"
LocalRequestsProxy::mapCSPath "content/pic/achtung.png"
Link clicked "http://qspgame.local/1"
LocalRequestsProxy::mapCSPath "content/pic/title17.png"
LocalRequestsProxy::mapCSPath "content/pic/title17.png"
LocalRequestsProxy::mapCSPath "content/pic/UI overhaul/bar2.png"
Attempting to map: "content/pic/UI overhaul/bar2.png"
Caching mapped path: "content/pic/ui overhaul/bar2.png"
LocalRequestsProxy::mapCSPath "content/pic/ui overhaul/bar2.png"
Notice the "attempting to map" and "caching mapped path" bits, that's the stuff I threw in to fix filesystem access. I also added audio fixes.

Last edited:
Reactions: i107760

Crono141

Aug 19, 2021

I saw that, thanks. It seems that it is not enough to put the game on a case insensitive FS like Fat32.

@BupoTiling03-Retired I think there is confusion. You said:
Double-check the menu for sound and remember to *also* enable in game, then navigate a screen. Case-insensitive host filesystem may be necessary (can't recall) if using Wine. Qsp updates should never need a new Linux build unless another API is added (odds are this won't happen), but I can always build if necessary. I think I gave one of the devs the src anyway. The Linux build should work fine, out of box, regardless of case (I built a small path brute-forcing routine into a hooked 'fetch file/url' function). See console to see it cache into a dictionary, if curious ("Attempting to map...").
So this lead me to believe that you had sound working through WINE. Perhaps I misunderstood. Sound (and everything) works great in your linux port, except my save file isn't compatible. Quoted message lead me to believe that you could get sound working on linux with the windows binary through wine, but maybe I misunderstood. That lead to my next set of questions. I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too, you see. Do you have sound in the windows binary working under wine?

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I saw that, thanks. It seems that it is not enough to put the game on a case insensitive FS like Fat32.

@BupoTiling03-Retired I think there is confusion. You said:

So this lead me to believe that you had sound working through WINE. Perhaps I misunderstood. Sound (and everything) works great in your linux port, except my save file isn't compatible. Quoted message lead me to believe that you could get sound working on linux with the windows binary through wine, but maybe I misunderstood. That lead to my next set of questions. I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too, you see. Do you have sound in the windows binary working under wine?
Sound will work for Wine users if they install the WMF crap from Microsoft. Absolute hell to do, plus you get a crappy font-rendering due to kerning. Your save won't be compatible, yeah. The game needs a ground-up rewrite to try to be portable and to fix a slew of issues that were unfortunately not considered when Qsp was first created, no fault of anyone. Try this, launch the Windows version and the Linux version, STAY at the warning screen, make a save for each, send them both. Someone suggested they might be double-encoded by accident. If so, I could build a small script to make saves transferrable, no guarantees. Earlier I thought you were just trying to get sound, not salvage a save, my bad.

Windows Media Foundation in Wine is still...spotty, to the best of my knowledge, but I had sound when I last Wined it, two different distros (Mint, Manjaro). Might be needed for you, I dunno your setup. Check any issues with theirs to compare. Backup your Wine prefix, this can't be undone easily.

Edit: Crono141's saves have confirmed that for some reason the Linux build is either doubly-encoding or incorrectly encoding as utf32. I'll try to track this down. Meanwhile, you can easily convert from utf32 to utf16 with:
Linux to Windows: bbe -e 's/\x00\x00\x00/\x00/' ./Linux.sav > ./Windows.sav
Windows to Linux: bbe -e 's/\x00/\x00\x00\x00/' ./Windows.sav > ./Linux.sav

I dunno if saves will work though, too busy to work on atm. Bad bad engine.

Last edited:

Crono141

Aug 19, 2021
BupoTiling03-Retired Thanks. Ran the installer. Didn't help. Sent you a PM with the two saves you requested. Hope you have some success. The linux save was almost exactly twice the size of the windows save.

EDIT: Just saw your edit.
Code:
iconv -f UTF32 -t UTF-16LE 'Warning Screen Linux ver 2.2.1.sav' -o WindowsSave.sav
works from linux save to windows binary. But
Code:
iconv -f UTF-16LE -t UTF32 'Warning Screen Windows ver 2.2.1.sav' -o LinuxSave.sav
doesn't appear to work from the windows save to the linux binary. Unless I'm not supposed to swap the UTF-16LE and UTF32.

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
BupoTiling03-Retired see my edit. Linux saves to windows works with the UTF conversion, but not the other way around.
Yes, I saw..there appears to be one variable or object that is different between them. I'd have to find the time to make a save dump of all objects and figure out what it is.

Edit: Looking into several issues which hopefully will be easy to resolve rather than needing to chalk up to “rewrite”. Also realized I'm using an older qsp, so my CRC isn't matching. Trying to account for every bit of data while doing this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crono141

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Did another "zero start" with 2.2.1. Hard game difficulty, minimum everything (200$, D- strength, F- all else). Bought a 50$ slave from the market on day 1. Young, Beautiful, Feeble, Caring, Reactive, Bright, Cowardly, Open, Slender. Started with D- cow skill, D- in oral/penetration/group/demonstration, all else F-.

Snapshot on day 47:

Never took any loans, never took a guild contract.

6$ remaining, 2 days until next battle (will become an arena champion and earn at least 50$).

Slave is ranked C- (only needs more common skills training to rank up to C+), Healthy, Uncertain, Model. All other attributes same as start, although pride did go up to Timid for a while, and physique went up to Voluptuous. Common skills learned so far: Maid B+, Secretary B+, Gladiatrix B+, Figurant C-, Trained Ear C-, Housebroken C-. Slave has Musical Prodigy and Weakened Metabolism traits (discovered so far). Clothing purchased for slave: light sundress, soft slippers, hijab, leather collar, spiked collar, crown of thorns.

Master attributes are Weak, Loser, Repulsive, Impotent, Compliant, Recognised, unharmed, all else F-. Skills are Houseboy C-, Brawler D-, all else F-. No clothing purchased for master.

Observations:

The slave spent some time spoiled because I fed her 2 un-earned doses of ambrosia in exchange for spoiling to boost her endurance faster; the arena reward paid for the ambrosia but not the healing cost afterward.

The slave gained some despair thanks to A+ empathy and low mood early on.

The slave was ill for a long time; she started with Rotphilis, and instead of paying 25$ to cure it, I waited for it to heal on its own, which it eventually did after she reached B+ endurance.

The musical prodigy trait helped with mood management after I knew about it, but that was only after she was already obedient enough to tell me what she wanted to do. Because of the spoiling, it took a while before she was even willing to do housework.

Arena income was just barely enough to pay the bills (with the slave mostly on a restricted diet) and occasional $ for mood management. Spent a few days between battles with 0$.

Since loans were always an option in reserve, I was a bit less careful with sparks than I could have been. For example, at one point I paid 13$ for master spa treatments, but the benefits only lasted for one day, so that was a waste. Some hot springs / beach outings probably were unnecessary also.

However, I failed ironman. I had two bad ends that I rolled back (a mistake early on caused the slave to succeed in an overnight murder attempt, which was a game-over, and an arena opponent murdered her once, which I opted to revert instead of trying to play it out; if I were playing ironman in the latter case I probably would've taken a guild contract at that point).

Reactions: sarinee
4.00 star(s) 59 Votes