joeshmo828282

Mar 23, 2022
Yeah I'm really not sure what goes into it at all so couldn't even guess. I'm making enough from fights and races to basically supplement my expenses, especially since I have a fiend mitigating my food expenses, so even though I've been training her for exactly 80 days (day 453 for me now) I still have over 6000 sparks so I'm not exactly suffering on the money front and have plenty of time to build this girl to S+ to sell. So I'll just wait for ImperatorAugustusTertius to come shed some light on what's missing. lol. I haven't tried popping Isabella over to farmhand because this chick still needs a lot of training so I really need my assistant covering everything else and the eggs aren't that important right now, but it's sounding like I'm going to need to focus on training a farmhand after this. Not sure what's necessary for that... I assume basically the same stuff you'd want from a normal assistant. lol
So. If I just pass days (isabella ends up being a very bad girl) then I see the same thing you are seeing: no eggs.

very very strange. There must be something weird happening, I am staring at the code and seeing nothing obvious. hopefully imperator can figure it out.

Reactions: way2co0l

joeshmo828282

Mar 23, 2022
It was bugged without a farmhand. Should be fixed now with latest dev build.
I see you moved the farmhand bonus logic around.

I was wondering if that /= 100 was setting the eggs to zero for some reason... but that would only make sense if the farmhand bonus was not 100 for some reason. What was going on exactly i wonder?

ProfWalrus

Nov 23, 2018
The second slave, initially with a high pride, so I used enforce rules to deal with her pride.
But the despair increased really fast, 1 despair instantly escape, 2 despair murder me, 3 despair instantly suicide.

I over rewarded her a pony to avoid her commiting suicide, but have to deal with her murdering, as a result, she became bony and weakened for a long time.

So her ranking was capped at F- because of F- beauty. It took me about half of the time to deal with that, during which time I just trained other skills only for increasing my skill level.
View attachment 1750155
The reward was rich, enough to consider training an assistant.
View attachment 1750170
This is my final attributes. I used the Katana-Swift Blow tactic again, but further usage of fighting skills require potions, so the next slave or next 2 slaves would be trained as witchdoctor.
View attachment 1750175
How the hell are you guys even doing this stuff, I'm not even doing a zero start and I run out of money at about my second slave.. Bought one for 20, sold for 750, but took so long that my rent was up. I'm staying at the Bull's to have a shower and stuff, is that bad?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
How the hell are you guys even doing this stuff, I'm not even doing a zero start and I run out of money at about my second slave.. Bought one for 20, sold for 750, but took so long that my rent was up. I'm staying at the Bull's to have a shower and stuff, is that bad?
If you're not using the latest dev build, upgrade. We adjusted it so you have more time. Beyond that, read the last half-dozen pages of the thread, we've discussed this exhaustively.

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
I'd say as far back as page 374 of this thread. There have been a lot of really informative posts that I've personally used to get myself into a sustainable spot on extreme. I can't do what these guys do... Or, I don't know, if I really tried I might be able to, but I don't think I'd enjoy it but the game I've got going now is a lot of fun. A bit grindy but that's mostly from the difficulty setting.

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
So what does go into making a good farmhand? Just obedience and devotion? Do the cow/pet skills benefit them at all? Any particular traits or stats that effect them?

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
Thanks! Also, note to anyone out there. When you're planning to sell at auction and you're training the last sex skills to complete the rank you need, in my case the last points I needed for S+, don't have the last points you need be masochism or self harm. lol. She got a bruise on the very skill that gave her enough to qualify as S+, and yet knocked her back down to A+ for a day for the bruise to heal. lol So now I'm having to wait another 10 days to sell. RIP me.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Thanks! Also, note to anyone out there. When you're planning to sell at auction and you're training the last sex skills to complete the rank you need, in my case the last points I needed for S+, don't have the last points you need be masochism or self harm. lol. She got a bruise on the very skill that gave her enough to qualify as S+, and yet knocked her back down to A+ for a day for the bruise to heal. lol So now I'm having to wait another 10 days to sell. RIP me.
Reward her with rest or give her massages to speed up same-day healing of bruises. High medical skill of master/assistant + good mood and endurance for the slave helps overnight.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Dev build has been updated with an experimental change that makes district residents use the negotiation process when you sell slaves to them. The negotiation process has been overhauled with analysis, design and implementation contributions from sarinee. There are still some issues to be worked out, but it's playable enough for initial feedback.

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
Well getting to S+ style definitely helped! Though it probably helped that I made sure she hit 3 S+ specializations as well (assistant, servant, concubine) as I walked away with 12,310 sparks for that sale. lol. Leaves me with over 17k sparks to work with. It's time to get the laboratory and start working on potions. I also want to get the other 3 unique items and start working on my district reputation so it's going to be a lot of smaller contracts for awhile, and probably a lot of cryo juggling.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
I'm still in the slum now, my current income level (~$1000 at over 3 decades) doesn't allow me to cover the rent in extreme difficulty, but I'm planning to move to Outcast soon, in need of a lab.

The rent in Bull is expected to be quite high, one without a considerably stable earning will struggle a lot to survive there.

downloaderbo

Aug 18, 2017
Hello again Imperator, thanks for the answer.
It was a syntaxis error....... OK, now i'm aware of that.
Is there an available color table codes for assistant and slave hair colors??? Hmmm........ may be this will not be necessary for slaves, but need to be able to change colors and portraits for my assistant, pictures for Assistant activities gets repetitive after some time. XD

Now a suggestion: A list of previously learned alchemy potions or recipies in the Breweing options..

Thank you again.

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
Now a suggestion: A list of previously learned alchemy potions or recipies in the Breweing options..

Thank you again.
I like that suggestion. I just started messing with potions for the first time myself and noticed they don't get saved. You can repeat the last one but not previous ones unless you happen to remember them or look em up.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
About the Katana - Whip - Swift Blow tactic. (Or FlameBurge - Swift Blow)
Attacking color is green, so Acceleration, Stunned and enemy's Evades defense type are needed.
Each one of them provide a 2x harm modifier. At least 4x modifier, you can instantly kill the enemy.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I like that suggestion. I just started messing with potions for the first time myself and noticed they don't get saved. You can repeat the last one but not previous ones unless you happen to remember them or look em up.
Not 100% related but a teasing of something great that might unfortunately never be (the main dev' for it had personal problems)...

Back when we were discussing a new UI, a blueprint for the alchemy lab was made: 918589_labmagic_screen.png

Would have been cool :coffee:

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes