Jun 27, 2018
So I wanted to make a super assistant as part of my endgame plan, and just when I had everything where I wanted it, her endurance went down a rank (from S to A). I looked at the numbers and I see that she's losing stamina every turn. Through some brief testing on prior saves, it seems that the egg laying + permanent lactation combo is likely the cause. Is there a stamina/day penalty for consecutive surgeries on a slave, or is this specific to harpy and/or cow logic?

Realistically it makes sense that a person would be heavily burdened with all these augmentations, but I'm curious as to what's actually causing the decline in the logic so I can avoid it in the future.

Last edited:

joeshmo828282

Mar 23, 2022
So I wanted to make a super assistant as part of my endgame plan, and just when I had everything where I wanted it, her endurance went down a rank (from S to A). I looked at the numbers and I see that she's losing stamina every turn. Through some brief testing on prior saves, it seems that the egg laying + permanent lactation combo is likely the cause. Is there a stamina/day penalty for consecutive surgeries on a slave, or is this specific to harpy and/or cow logic?

Realistically it makes sense that a person would be heavily burdened with all these augmentations, but I'm curious as to what's actually causing the decline in the logic so I can avoid it in the future.
I do recall egg laying reduces stamina.... but I am looking into the code, and I am not finding it. (and my egg layer in the barn has never lost stamina but just because i cant find it doesnt mean it isnt there, it just means i am bad at finding it.)
Now, the stamina loss could also be due to pregnancy, or drug addiction. I did find that in the code.

Reactions: Truly Slothful
Jun 27, 2018
I do recall egg laying reduces stamina.... but I am looking into the code, and I am not finding it. (and my egg layer in the barn has never lost stamina but just because i cant find it doesnt mean it isnt there, it just means i am bad at finding it.)
Now, the stamina loss could also be due to pregnancy, or drug addiction. I did find that in the code.
I assume potions and drugs proper are different wrt addictiveness? I was careful to use Kamras on her sparingly, and never any other drugs. I use(d) a lot of Tonics, but I assume that's just a straight up stamina loss on use and not addicting, but I could be wrong (I also don't use more than 2 per turn ever).

As for pregnancy, my slave has become infertile due to the permanent lactation surgery... but maybe the game assumes she's pregnant as well due to egg laying? I checked each individual surgery briefly and didn't notice anything immediately detrimental to their /turn stamina, even after insemination (though I've never had consistent results with egg laying...).

I've used the barn for sidelining cows to be sold while I train another slave, but I can't say I used it for this particular slave since I don't plan on selling her (at least not for now). I may have left her in for a night or 2 out of convenience, but never longer than that. I did check to see if that triggered a permanent stam degradation after the fact, but it doesn't seem that that is the case either.

Last edited:

jkysler

Jun 30, 2018
First, use the dev version. Many fixes already. Second, Isabella will refuse fiend training initially if she is not aroused enough and/or the master is not alluring enough and/or she is not wearing appropriate clothing. Isabella spoiling indicates you are doing something to spoil her, which is a separate issue.
After some testing from the dev version I found that giving her rewards for her performance was spoiling her. I forgot that there was a limit, but if I remember correctly, is it once or twice a day that you can reward good behavior?

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: I trained her all skills needed before devotion 3, spending all the rest time for the rest 80 moral_rates.
ScreenShot00278.png

Last edited:

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
After some testing from the dev version I found that giving her rewards for her performance was spoiling her. I forgot that there was a limit, but if I remember correctly, is it once or twice a day that you can reward good behavior?
No more than twice won't spoil her.

And no more than twice punishments won't make her more desperate.

joeshmo828282

Mar 23, 2022
How. did you manage. C-

The lowest possible score is C+ ?!?

$patrician_rating[3] = dyneval($vb_cycle_stat, 3, '<b>C-</b>')
$patrician_rating[4] = dyneval($vb_cycle_stat, 4, '<b>C+</b>')

if score < 0: score = 4
if score > 10: score = 10

oh. huh. it only sets your score to 4 if you manage a negative score. huh. honestly, the way it is calculated, that would be very impressive I guess. You'd have to be miserable every day, and dodge leveling up your skills too much.

huh.

So. huh. yea. huh.

So. I hadnt ever looked at this section of the code before. I was wondering why on my previous playthoughs my final rating seemed to go down, the faster I beat the game. I remember the last speed run I had done, I was kinda really miffed that my score was so bad even though I had beaten the game so fast.

Yea. if you beat the game on day 1 with a calm mood, good job you get a divide by zero error?
Ok. if you beat the game on day 2, with a calm mood, good job, you get a score of .5 which should round down to a rating of -F
If you beat the game on day 2 with an ecstatic mood, good job you get a score of 5.5, which should round down to B-
If you beat the game on day 1001, with an estatic mood the whole entire time, (and manage to dodge all the +score goals) you also get a score of 5.5, which should also round down to B-

So the game is quite agnostic on how long you take. I guess that makes sense for a sandbox. I just never knew till now. hmm.

Sharkie94

May 5, 2020
Oh please. It's a steep game to be sure, but you tell me how you'd present it better? They've been very kind and patient with me answering my questions. You've just gotta put some effort in to figure things out yourself. If you're not interested in doing that then that's completely fair and it's probably not for you, but it's not the dev's fault. Different type of games, different strokes for different folks and all that. I'm enjoying it myself, despite some things I'd wish to see added and done it's still a fun game.
Like I've said time and time again...
I've spent hours reading...
I've spent hours trying...
...hours upon hours.

Perhaps I'm just. that. dumb...
...or perhaps you stumbled across the one piece of information thing that made it click.
...in which case - good for you!

Consider putting your money where your mouth is and completely re-work the woefully flawed tutorial,
instead of telling people to "git gud nab"... like the devs.

But - alas - I'm not interested either way...
The gitgud attitude has turned me off this game.

I'll just go back to my trusty ol' Dwarf Fortress.

(Don't reply to me... I truly don't care)

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
How. did you manage. C-

The lowest possible score is C+ ?!?

$patrician_rating[3] = dyneval($vb_cycle_stat, 3, '<b>C-</b>')
$patrician_rating[4] = dyneval($vb_cycle_stat, 4, '<b>C+</b>')

if score < 0: score = 4
if score > 10: score = 10

oh. huh. it only sets your score to 4 if you manage a negative score. huh. honestly, the way it is calculated, that would be very impressive I guess. You'd have to be miserable every day, and dodge leveling up your skills too much.

huh.

So. huh. yea. huh.

So. I hadnt ever looked at this section of the code before. I was wondering why on my previous playthoughs my final rating seemed to go down, the faster I beat the game. I remember the last speed run I had done, I was kinda really miffed that my score was so bad even though I had beaten the game so fast.

Yea. if you beat the game on day 1 with a calm mood, good job you get a divide by zero error?
Ok. if you beat the game on day 2, with a calm mood, good job, you get a score of .5 which should round down to a rating of -F
If you beat the game on day 2 with an ecstatic mood, good job you get a score of 5.5, which should round down to B-
If you beat the game on day 1001, with an estatic mood the whole entire time, (and manage to dodge all the +score goals) you also get a score of 5.5, which should also round down to B-

So the game is quite agnostic on how long you take. I guess that makes sense for a sandbox. I just never knew till now. hmm.
I haven't seen this part of codes before as well, in my 517 days' running, I spent almost 300 days in the slum, so most of the time I'm depressed lol.

I could have been faster, training a farmhand and a cow was proved quite unnecessary, they didn't make a considerable profit, actually a waste of time.

How fast you get the Bull Ring, and how early you can train a good assistant (Enduring, Maid S+, Alchemy S+, Gladiatrix S+) matter a lot.

A Bull Ring directly decreases your training period, a love potion directly guarantee the devotion demand of B+ ranking. And a B+ slave with all specializations is worth $6000. On the contary, spending time training a cow, an egglayer, a farmhand, a pig for sparks was totally a waste of time. Anyway, to increase your faction fame, you have to sell slaves to residents, instead of doing big business, visiting the milk cooperation everyday, and counting your coins in the barn, hesitating wether to fatten your cow or not.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Buying a house needs 75 times the rent, 750 days, if there's no further game contents, I guess no much players will play such a long time...

But the save won't end instantly, I will move to Necropolis, to experience the rent there.

Last edited:

ggango

Aug 29, 2018
Like I've said time and time again...
I've spent hours reading...
I've spent hours trying...
...hours upon hours.

Perhaps I'm just. that. dumb...
...or perhaps you stumbled across the one piece of information thing that made it click.
...in which case - good for you!

Consider putting your money where your mouth is and completely re-work the woefully flawed tutorial,
instead of telling people to "git gud nab"... like the devs.

But - alas - I'm not interested either way...
The gitgud attitude has turned me off this game.

I'll just go back to my trusty ol' Dwarf Fortress.

(Don't reply to me... I truly don't care)
pat pat
i keep ending up with em killing them selfs lol

joeshmo828282

Mar 23, 2022
pat pat
i keep ending up with em killing them selfs lol
3 ways to prevent this: Either dont let their despair reach 4 (can be hard), or have your assistant watch them (kinda easy, although it will cost money in medical bills) or make them sleep in the dungeon. (will certainly slow training)

sirdano35

Jun 16, 2018
I'm sure somewhere in the 391 pages someone already asked this and answered but to avoid a LONG read how does one apply the patch? Normally a patch has named files that you drag and drop in the game folder "easy enough". This however has an install.exe and seemingly no corresponding files related to the game and that seems suspect to me... Is this right and safe to use? Directions on lewd just said to drop the files in the folder... What do I do exactly?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: qwertyu12359
4.00 star(s) 59 Votes