ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
RonSwanson5768 - responding to your review, in case you actually want to have fun with the game, not just try to persuade other people not to try it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
1. You couldn’t figure out how to succeed in combat. Other players do succeed so a reasonable hypothesis would be that it’s a lack of your own knowledge that’s causing the problem.

It’s balanced around the use of special techniques that you need to learn from the trainer in the colosseum, and/or the use of consumables that you need to make with alchemy. It’s also balanced around stacking multipliers and setting your defensive mode correctly to reduce incoming damage.

In an Easy game, you can go to the options menu and enable cheats if you want to win without understanding the mechanics.

2. You can have six more slaves in cryo storage, one in a dungeon and three in a barn.

3. Passive income is available from the barn, and passive cost reduction is also available in various ways (for example, assistant doing accounting / milking fiend to reduce bills). Supplemental income (not “passive” because you need to do something to get it, but “supplemental” because it doesn’t require selling slaves) is also available from the colosseum and by winning battles at the Border of the Fogs. Active cost reduction is available with alchemy and gameplay strategies that increase the time efficiency of training. Managing income and expenses is a key element of the game until you are able to routinely train slaves with A+ or S+ ratings.

Again, in an Easy game, you can use in-game cheats to make money management a non-factor if you want.

The economic difficulty in 2.2.2 is significantly higher than in earlier versions. We’ve reduced it in the development build, which also has a number of other fixes. If you want a better experience, upgrading to the dev build is advisable.

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
One minor thing that would be great is if while having my assistant make potions that I didn't have to click the alchemy tab again after each one. Sometimes I want her to make 3 or 4 and that extra button click each time makes it far more tedious than it needs to be.

joeshmo828282

Mar 23, 2022
One minor thing that would be great is if while having my assistant make potions that I didn't have to click the alchemy tab again after each one. Sometimes I want her to make 3 or 4 and that extra button click each time makes it far more tedious than it needs to be.
I get what you are saying, but 2 button presses are not that bad. Imagine what it was like before the repeat last recipe button.

If I were going to ask for UI changes, I think id rather worry about a hotkey system before adding another button to the already crowded main screen.

... to which I have just discovered that A, S, and D perform very useful functions.

Arrkhon

Mar 6, 2020
1. You couldn’t figure out how to succeed in combat. Other players do succeed so a reasonable hypothesis would be that it’s a lack of your own knowledge that’s causing the problem.

It’s balanced around the use of special techniques that you need to learn from the trainer in the colosseum, and/or the use of consumables that you need to make with alchemy. It’s also balanced around stacking multipliers and setting your defensive mode correctly to reduce incoming damage.

In an Easy game, you can go to the options menu and enable cheats if you want to win without understanding the mechanics.
Nah, the combat is pretty shit with it's high skill floor two steps away from it's ceiling and lethality so high that you wuill never learn how it works without being taught by someone due to lack of tutorial
Also while the slaves are better than in old times they also no longer work as good source of cash, just source of good slaves for training
2. You can have six more slaves in cryo storage, one in a dungeon and three in a barn.
Yeah, he literally mentioned it in the review you can have more than two slaves, just in convoluted ways

Shadicar

Aug 28, 2016
How the hell are you supposed to beat the absolute champion?

My slave has max skill rank + all gladatrix clothes + I even equipped armor and weapons.

joeshmo828282

Mar 23, 2022
How the hell are you supposed to beat the absolute champion?

My slave has max skill rank + all gladatrix clothes + I even equipped armor and weapons.
some fights are harder or easier based on the chosen combat style (which gets locked in after the champion fight)

But for all of em, you gotta use your special attack at the right time. Net and trident? use it turn one to debuff em for the rest of the match. Duel swords? Line up evasion, stunned, acceleration, and hit em for 120 damage. Honestly less familiar with the other combat styles.

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
I've taken a liking to the duel wield fights myself. It's basically the only one I use and I haven't lost a gladiatorial fight in I can't remember how long. But yeah, you have to learn how to use the different attack types against the different defense types to empower yourself and debuff your enemies in order to be able to effectively win later fights. It's highly unlikely you'll win them without doing so.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
you wuill never learn how it works without being taught by someone due to lack of tutorial
There are help messages literally built into the combat interface. For those who find that insufficient, there’s a helpful player community to ask for help. Complaining about needing to learn in order to succeed? Again, if that’s not for you, we have built-in cheats on Easy mode.

Also while the slaves are better than in old times they also no longer work as good source of cash, just source of good slaves for training
You evidently have not been keeping up on the thread for the last several pages where we have discussed how to monetize slaves from the fogs in the latest version. Suffice to say, if you use the tools available, there are multiple ways to significantly boost your income using these slaves. Philtre and dungeon are particularly effective.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
My zero-start save was on day 359 now, I come to raise the suggestion again, about the special blood calculation system when she fights back.

Maybe it's reasonable theoretically, but definitely bad for playing, Feeble and Weakened mean that, even if I'm master at different kinds of punishments, surely I won't harm her, but she gets red energy stars after she fights back and defeated by me, even if I did no harm on her red & green bloods, so she became weaker and weaker.

A girl is so easy to fight back when I try to punish her, my strength is S+, my fighting skill is S++, she only won an arena fight, she started to fight back with D- gladiatrix skill. And fights back everyday, yes she's just punching and kicking, then why she became so weak after I discourage her, without even hurting her by any little.

Anyway, the result is, I never use a weak slave to train, and suggest everyone not to use a Feeble or Weakened slave.
If she is Feeble or Weakened:
1, You can only scold her, don't try punishing her in any other way, or she is more close to death. It's much more difficult to increase her fearness, because you can only threaten her once, you can't threaten her a second time before you really applies the torture you promised. That will definitely cost you much more time to train her obedience. As a result, a lack of 1~2 fearness usually need at least a decade more to train her obedience.

2, If she is feeble, lock her in the dungeon? you will find her dead before next decade.

3, The extra time needed to train her obedience is similar to that of a resisting psy status (A+ temperament or A+ nature or A+ pride), so are there any reasons for me to choose a Weakened slave instead of a Passionate one?

I won a fog combat, got a Cute, Enduring, Callous, Lively, Bright, Uncertain, but Haughty slave, is she alright? Yes! The pride is easy to handle as long as she no longer refuses sex training (which usually means 1~2 devotion.)

But I won an Exquisite, Feeble, Caring, Passionate, Clever, Independent and Open slave? Go fuck off. It needs me almost 30 days to train her obedience, and more to train her Endurance, with which time I have already train the former one to B+ ranking and auctioned her for $6000.
1.png

Edit: Increase her gladiatrix skill when she is Feeble or Weakened is a terrible idea, but if she is Healthy or better, the result will be completely the opposite, you should increase her gladiatrix skill by a little, defeat her everyday without hurting her everyday, then punish her, she will not even get bruises.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Maybe it's reasonable theoretically, but definitely bad for playing, Feeble and Weakened mean that, even if I'm master at different kinds of punishments, surely I won't harm her, but she gets red energy stars after she fights back and defeated by me, even if I did no harm on her red & green bloods, so she became weaker and weaker.
If slave fights back (combat initiated), she actually gains some endurance from that. Ending the fight with red energy stars does not immediately harm her endurance. Only if you do something else afterwards that uses more of her energy. Like a non-verbal punishment, for example.

A girl is so easy to fight back when I try to punish her, my strength is S+, my fighting skill is S++, she only won an arena fight, she started to fight back with D- gladiatrix skill. And fights back everyday, yes she's just punching and kicking, then why she became so weak after I discourage her, without even hurting her by any little.
From my reading of the code, the combat and fighting back is not responsible for her becoming weaker. See above.

Anyway, the result is, I never use a weak slave to train, and suggest everyone not to use a Feeble or Weakened slave.
If you are training a Feeble slave, enable nutritional supplements, give her Calculated meals, and if possible let her be well rested (end day with some unused energy or give her a rest reward during the day). She will quickly recover endurance with all of these factors in play, or offset harm you are doing to her if you are impatient. (She won’t be guilty if you don’t ask her to do something she refuses…)

If you have a spare Feeble slave (not the one you are training), you can put her in the barn as a pig for her endurance to recover to Weakened.

You can also give Ambrosia for a quick endurance boost. Combine with Sententia Veritas for 5 merit and something she is willing to do (or Domini Dictum if she refuses everything) if you don’t want to spoil her.

2, If she is feeble, lock her in the dungeon? you will find her dead before next decade.
You can put a Feeble slave in the dungeon for a few days but not for a decade without attending to her endurance. Put her in the barn as a pig instead.

3, The extra time needed to train her obedience is similar to that of a resisting psy status (A+ temperament or A+ nature or A+ pride), so are there any reasons for me to choose a Weakened slave instead of a Passionate one?
Cheaper from market. Also low endurance slaves cost less to feed (moderate diet). Given a choice of Fog rescues, higher endurance is usually preferable, but you might find a Feeble with otherwise excellent stats or a useful trait.

With proper diet and rest a Feeble slave recovers fast. A Weakened slave can fight in arena for additional boost. A Weakened slave will be less resistant to certain types of training (the kind that doesn’t involve a lot of physical exertion).

You can dress up and send Weakened slaves to school or hire tutors and get merit within the first few days usually. Have them take a few alchemy lessons if possible so they will accept Kamra for extra energy.

Spa massages for extra energy also help them recover endurance faster.

Sleep on bedroll with a stuffed toy can help too (extra energy for rest, avoid endurance loss from sleep on floor).

Philtre to short circuit the disobedience phase can also be considered depending on your target rating for the slave.

In short, low endurance can be effectively managed to not significantly extend the training time. The problems you are having with low endurance slaves indicate that you are dealing with them in a suboptimal manner, so try a different approach.

Last edited:
Reactions: sarinee

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
Edit: Increase her gladiatrix skill when she is Feeble or Weakened is a terrible idea, but if she is Healthy or better, the result will be completely the opposite, you should increase her gladiatrix skill by a little, defeat her everyday without hurting her everyday, then punish her, she will not even get bruises.
I personally love training weakened and feeble slaves as gladiatrix. First of all, having your slaves spar in the arena is something slaves cannot refuse to do which in the early days of training is valuable. Sure, making them tougher and more effective combatants might sound like a bad thing, but as long as you don't arm them with weapons and you're not still in the earliest days of the game with 0 strength or fighting ability yourself, then it's really not an issue. As imperator stated, they only fight back if you try to make them do something they don't want to, which I try not to do during the first days, focusing instead on rewards to keep despair low. After the first week or so I've found it helpful to every few days to give them such an order to help speed up certain training stat gains. They also don't fight back at all if their aura is weaker and since I'm trying to level up my mage skill with money to burn a quick cast to increase mine has proven prudent before many punishments. But I'm definitely a proponent of training weak slaves in the arena as long as you're not still in the earliest days of the game, where I'll still do it anyway but you'll have to be more mindful about the risks of it. Later on there really aren't any risks beyond limiting her ability to do anything else that day and the potential for despair to creep up quickly from repeated beatings and punishments.

Last edited:
Reactions: sarinee

joeshmo828282

Mar 23, 2022
gladiatrix. First of all, it's something slaves cannot refuse to do which in the early days of training is valuable.
What do you mean? I have had slaves refuse gladiatrix training all the time? It usually takes me around 5 or 6 thorns before I can train anything and then about the only things I can train is maid and cooking... and then only if their intellect and pride are low. Maybe I am misremembering, but I feel like I have had slaves refuse gladiatrix training with as few as 2 or 3 thorns remaining.

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
What do you mean? I have had slaves refuse gladiatrix training all the time? It usually takes me around 5 or 6 thorns before I can train anything and then about the only things I can train is maid and cooking... and then only if their intellect and pride are low. Maybe I am misremembering, but I feel like I have had slaves refuse gladiatrix training with as few as 2 or 3 thorns remaining.
Sorry, I mean when having them spar at the arena, not the personal training. My apologies for not making that more clear. lol

HarpySynia

May 15, 2018
I am getting back into the game and playing through it with Johny, but I seem to be running into one issue. My overall slave Teaching level seems to be stuck at F-, though I have been able to train a fair bit of the other main non-Sexual up to at C level so far. (Housekeeping, Artistry, Medicine and Combat). I am also around day 260 and have been training pretty constantly when I could.

Does anyone know if Teaching is just such a slow skill that I am on course to eventually learn it, if there is some restrictions/changes on how it improves or if it just doesn't raise at all and is stuck for Johny for some reason?

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
I am getting back into the game and playing through it with Johny, but I seem to be running into one issue. My overall slave Teaching level seems to be stuck at F-, though I have been able to train a fair bit of the other main non-Sexual up to at C level so far. (Housekeeping, Artistry, Medicine and Combat). I am also around day 260 and have been training pretty constantly when I could.

Does anyone know if Teaching is just such a slow skill that I am on course to eventually learn it, if there is some restrictions/changes on how it improves or if it just doesn't raise at all and is stuck for Johny for some reason?
I had this issue as well and discovered it was partly a result of how I was playing. Essentially the issue comes down to the fact that only lessons where the girl is motivated to pay attention and put effort in actually count and advance your teaching skill. What happened with me is I'd begin with the new slave trying to teach her everything I knew, and only once I'd exhausted things I could teach her did I have my assistant teach the rest or send her to school for lessons. But by doing it that way, all of my own personal attempts to teach her were while she was still rebellious and while I could get her to agree to the lesson, she'd never put effort in so my teaching skill never went up.

By switching to teaching with the assistant and classes first, while saving things I could teach her personally until she was obedient enough to put effort in quickly began to show results and my rank in it finally started to rise.

Basically if all your attempts to personally train her are while she's still too disobedient to put real effort in then you won't get credit for anything she actually manages to learn during that time, so make sure there are still things you have left to teach her once she does become obedient.

Reactions: HarpySynia

HarpySynia

May 15, 2018
Basically if all your attempts to personally train her are while she's still too disobedient to put real effort in then you won't get credit for anything she actually manages to learn during that time, so make sure there are still things you have left to teach her once she does become obedient.
Okay! Thank you! I thought that might be what was happening, and I am glad it was.

I am got to the point where with my last slave I built up enough funds to spend the time making her fairly devoted and now have her as an assistant, so I am going to be using her to help train my Teaching skill as my slaver gets other stats improved by training other slaves for the time being.

Thanks again!

Reactions: way2co0l

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
Is it even worth to buy Parcel from Smugglers in current version? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it was in previous one, and considering increased expenses... Same with other slaves from this place.

Also, noticed something really weird on dev ver: first time Isabella makes food as assistant it is always D-. You need to make her a slave, then get her to work to get that B+ meal. Next day everything works as intended. Tried on day 1 only so no idea about later days.

Last edited:

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
Also, noticed something really weird on dev ver: first time Isabella makes food as assistant it is always D-. You need to make her a slave, then get her to work to get that B+ meal. Next day everything works as intended. Tried on day 1 only so no idea about later days.
Isabella doesn't buy food for the first meal until after she's already cooked it so you need to buy the ingredients for the first meal yourself, or else go in with the expectation that she's going shopping for the ingredients you've told her to the next day and will begin getting quality meals from that point on.

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
I actually did that. Filled my fridge with stuff. If she is set as assistant, she gives me D- food. If I make her a slave, then let her cook, I get B+.

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes