pisnet123

Mar 29, 2020
did the weight mechanism change with this update?

I noticed that my assistant keeps gaining a lot of weight unlike the previous versions in which it mostly stayed stable. Is there a way to keep assistants from gaining weight?

My assistant does have weak metabolism but I don't remember that ever being a problem before. I thought the nutritionist option applied to the assistant as well

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
did the weight mechanism change with this update?

I noticed that my assistant keeps gaining a lot of weight unlike the previous versions in which it mostly stayed stable. Is there a way to keep assistants from gaining weight?

My assistant does have weak metabolism but I don't remember that ever being a problem before. I thought the nutritionist option applied to the assistant as well
Having to handle your assistant's weight was a new feature for v2.2.2 stable which was abandoned in v2.2.3 dev version (now the assistant deals with her calorie intake on her own)...

We're even thinking about removing the calorie counter for the assistant; the only use of it was to avoid players from overusing their slaves and then putting them as assistant at the end of the day in order to avoid her starving. It's not worth an indicator in my opinion (our brain should focus solely on dealing with the slaves, informations about your assistant's wellbeing is superfluous in an already bloated UI).

Anyway, if you want to avoid having your assistant being helpless with food, search for the wiki of Jack-o-nine-tails and download the dev' version (it'll be the Master-IA branch as opposed to the Master branch of the Dev' version thread in F95Zone) :)

pisnet123

Mar 29, 2020
Having to handle your assistant's weight was a new feature for v2.2.2 stable which was abandoned in v2.2.3 dev version (now the assistant deals with her calorie intake on her own)...

We're even thinking about removing the calorie counter for the assistant; the only use of it was to avoid players from overusing their slaves and then putting them as assistant at the end of the day in order to avoid her starving. It's not worth an indicator in my opinion (our brain should focus solely on dealing with the slaves, informations about your assistant's wellbeing is superfluous in an already bloated UI).

Anyway, if you want to avoid having your assistant being helpless with food, search for the wiki of Jack-o-nine-tails and download the dev' version (it'll be the Master-IA branch as opposed to the Master branch of the Dev' version thread in F95Zone) :)
Yeah having to handle your assistant's weight doesn't make much sense, considering that you can just use nutritionist for the slaves. If there's a same option for assistants it should be OK, but otherwise I think it should be removed.

Anyways, I'll try out the dev version thanks

Reactions: qwertyu12359

Twoface777

May 8, 2019
I am now trying on normal and must say that it is much harder than easy. :cool:
I have a problem with the second attempt at day 59 to 60 disappears my assistant for no reason, I have now put her in the slave slot to test and she is displayed dead, but the doc says that with her everything is ok. I think here a bug has crept in :unsure:

it looks like she starved to death and i missed it completely, maybe a popup warning would be good here if a slave starves to death in a couple of days

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
it looks like she starved to death and i missed it completely, maybe a popup warning would be good here if a slave starves to death in a couple of days
Thanks for reporting this. A typo in the code was causing the slave to be erased instead of fainting. Fixed now on the dev branch (master-ia and ia-patch).

Also removed the assistant calories display from main screen and relocated the dungeon swap button to not conflict with slave lactation button.

Hryme

Aug 15, 2016
The game seems to be randomly more difficult than the original version I played like 4 years ago. F.ex I got a slave to accept her rules and be obedient. Then I started getting her to do gymastics to train her endurance up. And her mood was at calm and better. According to her aura she had no issues but not much taming or obedience yet. It was just at the baseline.

Then suddenly she started breaking the rules again. And formed 3 new thorns of rebellions. I had not added any new rules. Just silence and humility. Her pride was at open so she should be one of the relatively easy ones to train.

And punishing her reduced her energy and mood and lead to a depression spiral.

As this was the first slave I had to restart because if I could not sell her quickly I could not repay loan to the loan shark.

I can't remember this kind of stuff happening in the original version of the game. Seems it has become quite a bit more complicated and has more gameplay but also just too difficult to be enjoyable.

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
The game seems to be randomly more difficult than the original version I played like 4 years ago. F.ex I got a slave to accept her rules and be obedient. Then I started getting her to do gymastics to train her endurance up. And her mood was at calm and better. According to her aura she had no issues but not much taming or obedience yet. It was just at the baseline.

Then suddenly she started breaking the rules again. And formed 3 new thorns of rebellions. I had not added any new rules. Just silence and humility. Her pride was at open so she should be one of the relatively easy ones to train.

And punishing her reduced her energy and mood and lead to a depression spiral.

As this was the first slave I had to restart because if I could not sell her quickly I could not repay loan to the loan shark.

I can't remember this kind of stuff happening in the original version of the game. Seems it has become quite a bit more complicated and has more gameplay but also just too difficult to be enjoyable.
What difficulty are you playing on? They do make a difference. It sounds like you might be over punishing, either in severity above what they feel they deserve for their transgression, or else too many times in a day. If you consistently punish and reward based on their merit then you'll form taming quicker which leads to more obedience. It's possible she had some fear early on which was making her obedient, and that may have fallen off and not yet been replaced with obedience from other means which led to her breaking the rules again.

Hryme

Aug 15, 2016
I was playing on normal. I think I spanked her with slippers once to get her to accept the original rules. In addition to explaining her position and gifting her slippers and sundress when she actually did something that gave merit. I can't remember her having any pain or that she was spoiled at all when I checked her aura when she had a baseline obedience (when the game told me she was now obedient with a popup). I was playing Johny though so maybe he just have terrible presence and that makes the girls rebellious again. I don't really know. My problem is that I don't really have a clue why she suddenly got extremely rebellious again. Which is a fault cause it is hard to know what to do when you have no clue why something is happening. The game explaines why the mood of the girls is bad (you can ask them), but why thorns of rebellion forms I don't know how to figure out.

I am sure there is some perfectly reasonable explanation if you know the game extremely well. But to me it just seems arcane.

Edit: Oh and I only punish and reward once a day. I remembered that from the original version. Besides punishing sometimes takes away their energy so it is counterproductive to do it more than you have to.

Last edited:

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
Ah, well yeah Johny can be tougher due to his pretty atrocious starting stats. It's definitely doable, it's just more difficult than it is with other characters. Were you still living in the slums? It's possible for certain influencing stats to go down when your character is either dirty or in a bad mood which can impact a slave's obedience. It's normally not a huge deal in my experience, but early game Johny is more susceptible to it than most. If their nature or temperament are high it can make them less prone to obedience as well. Habit is usually the first thing that helps you gain some early obedience, then awareness. Early on a little bit of fear combined with these went a long way to ensuring enough obedience to get my way.

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
In the games I've played, a slave gaining thorns of rebellion after being obedient is usually a result of temperament increasing sometimes while losing fear. Temperament gains usually happen after arena victories. When my slaver has low strength, I usually hold off on combat training the slave until I see the first star of devotion form. Gains to the nature stat of a slave could also have a similar effect, but nature rarely increases early.

Managing mood can be tricky especially when money is tight. I used to use encourage more regularly, now I tend to save it for "incidents". If that fails, there might be a trip to the spa. Giving un-earned rewards is a desperate measure should be only used as a last resort.

The sundress mood bonus does not stack with the soft slippers. Using another piece of clothing instead could make her more likely to obey an associated command.

Hryme

Aug 15, 2016
How do you professionals do the Johny start on normal? 200 starting sparks does not last long when you have to rent an apartment. Even with the 500 you get from the moneylender. I can't get a slave up to B+ so I can sell them before going bankrupt.

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
How do you professionals do the Johny start on normal? 200 starting sparks does not last long when you have to rent an apartment. Even with the 500 you get from the moneylender. I can't get a slave up to B+ so I can sell them before going bankrupt.
You have to do at least a few decades in the slums with those hard starts. I died a few times on my first try. Living in the slums made that crappy apartment in the anthill seem like a golden palace by comparison.

Hryme

Aug 15, 2016
All right thanks. I will try that.

Edit: Why do I get food bill when I have no slaves and I only eat out every day? There is 18 sparks in food bills. That makes no sense. Maybe he is snacking in his off time.

Last edited:

downloaderbo

Aug 18, 2017
Hello again people.
It's me again,
Have a weird problem with Empathy stat.
My game version is 2.2.3 dev version (no loli edition).
Don't know why, but Empathy gone to F- for my assistant and it drops fast for my slaves in training too.
This is weird, because i have good standard living, money, food and all was good with my assistant.
Always have sex with her when her lust is 3 or more.

Here some screenshots:
asdfw.jpg
asdfw2.jpg
asdfw3.jpg

zxcv.jpg

Any hints on this???

Thank you.

Last edited:

subli

Jul 30, 2020
Are traits that appear on girls unknown traits that were there all along, or new traits? Or sometimes one and other times the other? Like if a girl suddenly is brave, was that always the case and I just didn't know?

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Any hints on this???
Milking a fiend will hurt a slave's empathy. It's a sacrifice for all that cheap food. Other things can lower empathy as well but in my games the fiend is the most notable cause.

Are traits that appear on girls unknown traits that were there all along, or new traits?
Both can happen. Some traits are visible from the very beginning, such as graceful. Some existing traits are revealed with closer observation, such as gourmet when a cooking task is performed. Some traits develop over time with repeated exposure to certain stimulus, slaves that are punished frequently may become accustomed to pain.

Talking with the slave can help you learn about existing traits, "Do you have any requests?", "What do you want to do?" and "What are you afraid of?".

Not all of the traits can be developed through gameplay.

Any chance a story line gets implemented?
Anything could happen, I know at least one person has recently been working on a new slave with a fairly involved quest.

Reactions: Twoface777
4.00 star(s) 59 Votes