falcazoid

Nov 28, 2018
Returning player from a couple of years ago (ver 2.0) and tbh the game difficulty on "normal" and easy difficulties seems way too hard right now. Feels like you have to play near perfectly with items and correct commands to get anywhere and it's so easy to fail. I would guess that should be true for hardcore mode, but personally i would like a difficulty where properly just punishing and rewarding a slave would get you somewhere. (While also keeping the house clean and some food on the table (c+)).

Currently i'm just not getting anywhere tbh.

Also is the combat supposed to be impossible?

I created a custom character on easymode, with patrician armor equipped, also set my stats to max (all stats to green) and went to try and "patrol the Border of Frogs". Met an Ogre - who had double my stats ... Ok, used my greataxe to hit him .. for 2 damage. Took 42 ... Like ok.. game.. Died in 3 hits.

Tried again, met a werewolf - stats are similar to mine, again i do like 10 damage, werewolf just does more, i die again.

This is on "easy" mode, with maxed out stats. Yes i do not have the specialized attacks that i guess you could learn (if i remember correctly). But having maxed combat stat should account for some of the difference in my opinion.

Currently seems that game is balanced around very experienced players and the difficulty is just way way too high to be able to just normally play without going for a word for word tutorial.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gussifriz and REDSA

jjm152

Oct 25, 2018
Currently seems that game is balanced around very experienced players and the difficulty is just way way too high to be able to just normally play without going for a word for word tutorial.
I wouldn't say the game is too hard, I think it's just overtuned to draw things out for people who have all of the hidden information about how the various systems work. I struggled with it at first too, but instead of trying to put the time into figuring out what was going on, I just started looking through the source code to save myself some time/frustration.

Personally, I'm not a fan. I'm playing now to see the changes that I didn't get to see before, but everything isn't hard to do, it just takes too many god damn clicks. I swear I'm going to burn a hole through my mouse with all of the clicking I have to do.

Reactions: Linkin88

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I swear I'm going to burn a hole through my mouse with all of the clicking I have to do.
Are you using the space bar and A/S/D shortcut keys?

1669145081471.png

Most of the "repetitive" interactions can be initiated with 1-2 clicks at most (e.g. A or S key to open assistant or slave screen, or click on the lesson book or one of the shortcuts under it for tutor/school -> click on a lesson). And the interaction itself you can advance through with the space bar. Moreover, many skills can advance from F- to B+ in just 3 lessons, especially if the teacher is capable (tutor/school/intelligent assistant/high-teaching-skill [or relevant sex skill category] master) and the slave is motivated (mood + clothes + stats + traits).

Last edited:

falcazoid

Nov 28, 2018
I wouldn't say the game is too hard, I think it's just overtuned to draw things out for people who have all of the hidden information about how the various systems work.
This exactly. I also went digging into the forums and wikis to understand how things work and what steps i'm supposed to be taking, because trying to follow the actual ingame tutorial was useless. I literally failed in like a 20 days or whatnot of play. Also there is a ton if missing information just from the game

- if you want to balance around people knowing the numbers -> show the numbers. Why do i need to know and calculate, ok this punishment is this amount, and oh this hidden variable on this dress gives me this amount of happiness stat i need. And oh i NEED to have this aura up to understand how my slave is feeling, by counting some thorns.

I played freecities for hours and hours, made some cool macros (at least i thought so), that automated a ton of things, but in that game a lot of stuff was conveyed to me through numbers and i could see them at any point. With this game, the information you get seems low and the games difficulty on "normal" mode should reflect that.

Currently the base difficulty is way way overtuned for the information the game provides. Better yet - make difficulty variable, so i can choose easy difficulty where i don't have to play perfectly to just progress in training my slave/assistant or progressing my own character without going bankrupt seemingly fast.

Anyway it's a really cool game, with many many systems i would love to get into and i think you have done a really good job of making the systems compelling and me to want to interact with them, it's just it really feels like walking on a tight rope of balancing with the slightest mistake being game over, or slave going into depression and killing herself.

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: qwertyu12359

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Feels like you have to play near perfectly with items and correct commands to get anywhere and it's so easy to fail.
In what way are you failing? Running out of money? Slaves not doing what you want? On easy difficulty neither of these should be an issue, so more details would be helpful to understand where you're having trouble.

Also is the combat supposed to be impossible?

I created a custom character on easymode, with patrician armor equipped, also set my stats to max (all stats to green) and went to try and "patrol the Border of Frogs". Met an Ogre - who had double my stats ... Ok, used my greataxe to hit him .. for 2 damage. Took 42 ... Like ok.. game.. Died in 3 hits.

Tried again, met a werewolf - stats are similar to mine, again i do like 10 damage, werewolf just does more, i die again.
Combat is a rock-paper-scissors game with multipliers. An attack without bonuses does far less damage. You need to set up combos to be effective. Also, you can only survive a few rounds against enemies in the Fogs without healing balm (made with alchemy), so special techniques are more or less obligatory (... or even more healing balm). Werewolf and ogre are a couple of the strongest (highest damage output) encounters, too.

This is on "easy" mode, with maxed out stats. Yes i do not have the specialized attacks that i guess you could learn (if i remember correctly). But having maxed combat stat should account for some of the difference in my opinion.
Stats do make some difference, but not to the extent of replacing setting up combos. Your survivability is increased with higher stats (strength + no wounds -> more health, strength + high energy at start of combat -> more stamina, combat skill + personality + dominance -> more morale). You can change your "defense" with the curved arrow under your portrait on the combat screen, which changes which type of attacks you receive extra damage from. So pay attention to what attack types your opponent uses and how much damage they do (taking into account your the modifiers on both sides) and adjust your defense accordingly.

Aside from combat, what are you having trouble with? Did you play through the tutorial?

Reactions: qwertyu12359

falcazoid

Nov 28, 2018
I started by reading all the texts in the tutorial about proportional punishments and rules etc. I did not really want to use the tutorial character so i went and started a new game on normal mode though.

After that i played 4 or 5 games. (which were fairly quick).

2 games i wanted to try playing the pervy kid character.

Yes it said hard. So i started a normal game. But those both failed, because my own character after like 3-4 days fell ill and died.

1st game i spent 5 red stars worth of stamine during like day 3 after which i immediately got game over. So i guess that was a no-no. (you fell ill and died).
2nd game i was living still in the shack i after sleeping also fell ill and died, but i think this time my mood was too bad, again difficult to tell because i didn't understand what the message meant, which stat had failed me.

But this is fine, i played a hard character and got my ass kicked, allright fine no problem. Expected.

Next game: Normal mode custom character.
So after that i tried create a somewhat balanced character on custom normal mode. (most stats on c- and with dominance at green and spellcasting at green + perviness and libido at max, because why not).
1st game.
I went and bought the appartment that costed 75 gold.
I bought a leather collar, sundress and comfy slippers.
I bought a slave (didn't really pay attention what stats she had). (but she was cheap like 20 gil price).

Set 3 rules:
Set her to do house chores.
Set her to behave obediently
Set her to deny orgasm.

Put on the 3 gear items.

Went and did medical checkup and gave her a brand. Also gave her barbell piercings in all possible places to grow her arousal (as wiki suggested it does that) and i assumed it would be good to have arousal with deny orgasm to increase obedience?

Then explained her position to her. All good day 1 passed.
Food i had was canned food.

She wakes up and ofc she cannot be obedient so i had to scold her.
i try to tell her to to athletics lessons, nope i refuse. Ok had to scold her again.
after 2nd refusal had to give her spanking or something.

Anyway this went on, she refused all orders pretty much for all days. Is it a random chance? What is it?
And after like 3-4 days she commited sucide due to huge depression. And i was done.

Restart.

Final 2 games:
Custom game: Easy mode, Full stats 10k money.
Thought OK I will make the most powerful character i can i'll go capture a slave from the bog and train her... And that is when i tried combat, where i literally just got my ass handed to me multiple times, which i described above.

Conclusion:
After that i bounced off the game tbh and made the forum post.
Like i can see how others might see that oh i am playing the game wrong or something, but to me all the attempts combined felt too punishing to really want to keep bashing my head against the mechanics that are not so clear.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for the details! "Normal start" is a step up in difficulty from the tutorial, which is easy difficulty. Difficulty is mostly reflected in how (dis)obedient slaves are when you acquire them, how easy it is to get positive outcomes in interactions that they don't refuse, and how expensive rental costs are.

Your games that ended due to health were because you lowered your strength into negatives by spending too much energy. Eating low-quality food (which is all you have in the slums) lowers health every day too (but won't directly kill you), so starting with a low health character like Johny means you need to find a way to build up strength, or else be extremely careful about how much energy you spend. Drugs (kamra, faerie pollen) can boost energy if you neglect your strength for too long. Faerie pollen is harmful, and kamra also if taken too often, but occasional doses of kamra won't hurt you.

You can build strength by eating at the tavern in the Serpentine district (at most once a day) or having sex at the brothel (limited by the slaver's excitement/libido and energy), or winning spars at the colosseum (equip an aketon to boost combat skill and use a weapon and you can beat the unarmed slaves right away, or lose fights repeatedly to develop basic combat skill the hard way), or personally training weaker slaves in athletics or combat (easier to do if your slaver is not weak himself), or having sex with slaves (if you visit the Slums after renting an apartment you'll get some help with this), among other methods...

Your game on normal mode, you gave her rules she wasn't obedient enough to follow (humility, maybe chores too). Rule-breaking lowers the slave's obedience so you were somewhat undermining your progress with this, but punishing her increases obedience, so the question is whether you were making progress or not, and that depends on the slave's stats compared to the slaver's and what methods of punishment you used.

I would guess you probably were making progress (she was becoming more obedient), but at the cost of her mood. Over time, with bad mood or too many punishments, a slave's despair increases, which can lead to escape, rebellion or suicide attempts. Escape can be prevented with a collar and brand. Rebellion can be prevented by having a stronger aura than the slave (high slaver stats + wearing noble regalia and/or artifacts + magic spell Magna Magnifika). Suicide can be prevented by an assistant tasked with supervising the slave. All of these undesirable situations also can be prevented by keeping the slave's mood in the range of Pessimistic or higher.

At a certain level of obedience (different for each interaction), the slave will stop refusing outright and instead the text will indicate that "she doesn't listen at all" or otherwise performed very poorly. The text also gives hints about how to improve her performance. Did you see that? If you're trying to get her to do something that she refuses outright, it's also not a bad idea to try something else. For more hints along these lines: https://f95zone.to/posts/9401682/

It's ironic that for your easy difficulty attempts you didn't actually try to train a slave but instead jumped into combat, which is an entirely different set of mechanics and isn't designed to be easy even on easy difficulty. Note however that starting a custom game on easy difficulty adds a cheat sub-menu to the options menu where you can make your slaver immortal in combat if you want.

If you don't want to do the tutorial, I suggest starting another easy custom game and getting a slave from the market or from the guild. The advantage of the tutorial is that you don't have to know your way around the city and you have a ready supply of clothes, high-quality food, access to plumbing, etc. It's a reduced set of concerns so you can focus on the training aspect. There's also a "debug info" button that shows you in detail how the slave's obedience is calculated and you can observe how it's affected by your actions. Something equivalent is available in the regular game by acquiring a certain artifact.

Last edited:
Reactions: falcazoid

falcazoid

Nov 28, 2018
Thanks for the details! "Normal start" is a step up in difficulty from the tutorial, which is easy difficulty. Difficulty is mostly reflected in how (dis)obedient slaves are when you acquire them, how easy it is to get positive outcomes in interactions that they don't refuse, and how expensive rental costs are.
Hei, thanks for the long write up, i'll give these hints a try.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Hei, thanks for the long write up, i'll give these hints a try.
I'd be very interested in a day-by-day detailed record of what actions you take, what happens as a result, and anything that you find confusing along the way.

Screenshots optional: two at the start to show your slave's starting attributes + anatomy and your slaver's characteristics would be helpful. If you press the ALT and PrintSc(reen) buttons on your keyboard at the same time, it will put a screenshot of the currently active window into your clipboard. You can paste screenshots directly into this forum (with CTRL + V) when you're composing a message.

redraven313

Jan 13, 2020
Oh wise and generous forum.
Long have I searched (30min) for the the mystical information about traits to no avial.
Can a some good a noble kindred spare some info for a lost soul on this dark road.

Also specifically.
-Can I lose frigid currently? Because I saw conflicting posts form differn't versions.
-If I can lose it, can I see how it is progressing?
-Can I edit that number if so?
-Is there a list somewhere in the game file of current traits?

-Also completed the tutorial, but don't see the answer. What makes one faction better or worse than the rest, they seem to cost in custom?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Oh wise and generous forum.
Long have I searched (30min) for the the mystical information about traits to no avial.
Can a some good a noble kindred spare some info for a lost soul on this dark road.

Also specifically.
-Can I lose frigid currently? Because I saw conflicting posts form differn't versions.
-If I can lose it, can I see how it is progressing?
-Can I edit that number if so?
-Is there a list somewhere in the game file of current traits?

-Also completed the tutorial, but don't see the answer. What makes one faction better or worse than the rest, they seem to cost in custom?
https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...ntsman-community-development.390/post-8707216

You can't see progress, but when you have enough the trait will change.

You can edit traits if you start a custom game on easy difficulty. Cheat menu in options.

You can also see all the traits in the slave editor there.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
qwertyu12359, Lokplart, I think Electron might be your best bet for a rewrite. Web-based, scales with UI, Android/mobile compatible, reactive UI, much easier to add things to. Pain to initially set up, though. (This is all assuming you want 2D/gif/mp4/webp/audio kind of stuff. 3D, go Unreal or Unity or id-tech.)

Edit: When writing anything UI, please use rem and em, not px or anything like that. rem and em scale with the DPI. I'd also recommend SVGs for non-picture type images.

Last edited:

yasyasyosino

Apr 15, 2021
Is there a way to the russian version? I want to see what features they have that is different to this one. Maybe they have a couple of good ideas.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Is there a way to the russian version? I want to see what features they have that is different to this one. Maybe they have a couple of good ideas.
It will be longer and harder to do than you expect ^^ And will lead to many unexpected bugs.

I'd rather just download it if I were you, and try to play it through even if it's in a language you don't understand. Maybe play alongside the english version.

We were told that english version was more artisticly coherent but the russian version had more content expensions. I'd be interested in what you think, so don't hesitate to make a little review (y)

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes